Circle of Friends

JulieKay

Ok - Please understand that I really don't want to offend anyone and I understand that we all have different time/financial constraints - but here's how I see it. Julie came up with a fantastic idea. If I had any reservations about what I saw on page one I wouldn't have signed up. I would not sign up for a CAL and then try to change it. Julie obviously put a lot of thought into this before posting in the first place and while I like the idea of tossing out suggestions, I don't think it makes sense to rewrite the whole CAL. That's just my 2 cents.

AMEN SISTA!!! :clap

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so sorry sweetie (JulieKay), I didn't mean to make it more complicated than it is. I will make it work, let's keep it as is if you want.

Just tell me how many cloths to make and by when and who to send it to and it will be done.

{{{HUGZZZ JULIE}}}

Alright, I'll tell you what: I had "bowed out" because I was feeling the stresses of a deadline.

BUT, if we all pull together and just keep our detail-threshing down, and just have fun with this, maybe I won't feel the stresses so badly. Barbara is right, I *did* sign up for this, and it's not a big deal... one dishcloth a day!

Tabby, I'll come back if YOU will.... it just wouldn't be as much fun without YOU around for Julie to pick on!

Well?

Tabby, I'll come back if YOU will.... it just wouldn't be as much fun without YOU around for Julie to pick on!

Well?

Oh sure, it's Julie picking on me. You don't like to see me rattle her up a bit too. Nah, I get it . She is the come back comment Queen and I shall bow down. :nworthy:D

What the heck(oops I don't think i'm suppose to say that here) is a tim-yam???

If all the ruffles get ironed out & everyone can stay peaceful then I will. I just don't want to be involved in something where we'll all hate each other in the end. Ya know?? You guys mean too much to me to ruin it over a dishcloth. :manyheart And this is suppose to be fun. :cheer

Wendy, I'll let you in on a little secret...I used mine as washcloths in the bath...pure luxury. Once you've used a nice handmade washcloth you won't want the storebought kind again. And they're so pretty with all the bright colors, too.

Julie, what about if instead of mailing the album around we put it up on a webpage? I could donate one to the cause if we decide to go that way, and if you can pardon me using it as a learning experience on how to scan pages and post them.

Julie, what about if instead of mailing the album around we put it up on a webpage? I could donate one to the cause if we decide to go that way, and if you can pardon me using it as a learning experience on how to scan pages and post them.

Not to rain on this suggestion, but I personally am a tactile person, I really need to feel it in my hands for me to get the most emotional bang for the buck. That is why I just LOVE photo albums versus digital photos, I do like SEEING them, but I would much rather feel them in my hands AND see them.

BUT - I will do whatever anyone else tells me to do!

Will you share, please?? :D

A woman had to of come up with that med. & she should be given a nobel prize for doing so. I love it. :yes

Oh most assuredly, I ALWAYS buy extra! :rofl

Wendy, I'll let you in on a little secret...I used mine as washcloths in the bath...pure luxury. Once you've used a nice handmade washcloth you won't want the storebought kind again. And they're so pretty with all the bright colors, too.

Yes, there are wonderful washcloths, too. And if you use one of the all over pattern type and turn it into a big rectangle, they made nice absorbent hand towels as well. I loves dishcloths :hook

Just a quick question, are we sharing photos of dishcloths after we are finished with them? I wouldn't mind setting up a gallery on my website to show them off as we get them done. I could make a table for each person with a thumbnail of each dishcloth?

Just offering.

I want to apologize to everyone.

When I agreed to join I was only thinking about 17 dishcloths, my little pea brain had not extrapolated that to account for each person and just how many that would become all told.

I am sorry that I have caused dissension and unhappy feelings.

:ghug :ghug :ghug :ghug :ghug

I will just bow out gracefully now.

I love y'all and want you to have a wonderful time with this project. Be very, very blessed.

I really can't tell you how sorry I am that my short-sightedness has caused concern.

Maybe this is just God's way of telling me to finish my UFO's. :yes:wlol

Oh I was researching for local photos then. Had to find something to keep me busy :yes Guess I could've crochet but I'm a bit sore today :P

So, I finished my questionnaire except for that one question and gathered tons of photos about my hometown. I don't get out often and I shake too much any more to take decent photos and I want Waco to look good in the package :manyheart It was interesting because I had forgotten about a bunch of stuff we have. After living here a total of 20 years you kinda take things for granted. It was fun going over all that stuff :yes

I must not be fully awake yet....this is my second "rambling about nothing that has to do with anything" post I've done :blush

---------

Hey, Waco's the home of Dr. Pepper!

Y'all are one step ahead of me! I was just thinking this morning on the way to work how expensive it might be to ship the entire package around... hmm...:think.... I like the idea of choosing my cloth from each of your Ziplocs but I am cheap frugal :D

I like Wendy's idea of creating our own "scrapbook" pages and sending them to Julie for assembly into the Circle of Friends Album :)

However we all want to do it, I'm fairly easy (you could say I"m 'cheap and easy' :lol). July 15th deadline works better for me, thank you.

Cheers,

~k

Archived