How big is your stash?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have about 45 full skeins. I really have some serious shopping to do to catch up with some of you folks. Which I would love to try to do, but I have to save up for my vacation.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a second bedroom 3/4 room full yarn maybe more than 2000 skeins all companies 3 and 4 ply all kinds of colors and multi colors and speciallity yarns. Just found some new things from Lion Brand yarn the BonBon yarns and some new scarf yarn made with like a lace to make it curly and found a beautiful yellow with sequins on it to make a fancy scarf I also have a living filled 500 skeins yarn too. I get most on sale bulk lots and colors that you really can't find any more. I am always looking for the unusual color or combination as I do crochet, knit, and loom too. This does not include mothers huge collection crafts I plan to donate most hers as I don't really sew bears, or counted cross stitch kits by the bunches. My big plan is to catalog what I have by colors, companies, ply how many ounces. I have everything in zippered plastc bags keeping it clean and also can see what yarn is in it. As I live alone I can really enjoy the 30 or more afghans, scaves and hats I have made I want to make small baby doll clothes next. I also plan to send some excss yarn to a favorite cousin who is in need of yarn and limited budget it will not go to waste and hope to donate smaller afghans to help others. Most family have past on and it gives me pleasure to feel alive by giving. As my health at times is not great I live with constant pain but having my stash and crochet keeps my mind off of it,

I thought I had too much yarn at eleven totes, but wow, I think crafty zone beats me!!

I wish I could visit everyone's stashes, just for alittle while!!!! it be so much fun!!!!!!!!!

if anyone has any baby peach yarn pm me.

I still owe a member for her kindness, just half to find the right something to send back. It is so overdue.

• 5 weeks later...

Seriously...do you want me to COUNT??? :rofl:rofl:rofl

I really don't know. I keep trying to knit and crochet it down and give it away, but it's just as bad as ever. I swear, it's like the skeins are all having little wooly sex in there and producing little yarnettes overnight!

:eek:lol :lol

Seriously...do you want me to COUNT??? :rofl:rofl:rofl

I really don't know. I keep trying to knit and crochet it down and give it away, but it's just as bad as ever. I swear, it's like the skeins are all having little wooly sex in there and producing little yarnettes overnight!

:eek:lol :lol

what she said... it's not bags..it's rubbermaid totes..lots of them...

I've only got a few balls of yarn here as I'm in the process of moving. I have a few more at the new house just waiting for me to finish the little vest I've been working on for my roommate's daughter. I have a big bedding bag in storage full of wool and homespun, and the rest is at my mother's house in a big Rubbermaid tote. Unfortunately, it's about 5 hours away.

• 4 weeks later...

This thread has me laughing!! Asking me how big my stash is... I mean, is that as rude as asking someone how much they weigh?? ;-)

Anyhoo... I have sinned today, again. Teeheeee!! I needed some extra yarn for the afghan I am crocheting and when I came to the yarn store they had the most lovely bio cotton laying around at just €2 a ball. Normally this yarn costs €6 a ball, so it was SUCH a good deal. I couldn't just... you know... leave it there. Hahaha.

I have plans for all the yarn in my stash, I am just not sure if I'll live long enough to crochet them all :-)

• 4 months later...

I'm totally JEALOUS! lol We only have one income and I have a small stash that is about to run out! I realize that many of you have been crocheting forever, and have accumulated your stash over time.... I wish I could afford to buy enough yarn that I had a nice stash. I can only buy yarn when we can afford it.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Honestly, my stash is dwindling. I had mine, I got bags of yarn from my mom, and some of it went to sales at my church. Her stash included Knit-Cro-Sheen and some thin-weight twisted yarns with a gold thread. Not my style. Once my stash is done, well, I'll have to get a new pattern and start over.  :yes

• 5 weeks later...

Two big tubs and about 2 dresser drawers full.  I need to go through and destash most of the acrylic I bought when I was learning how to crochet, then I'll have a place to put my clothes again!  :lol And have an excuse to buy more wool/wool blend yarn ;). I also really need to get around to finishing the afghan I started last winter, that'll clear up some space in my dresser (three strands of Homespun held together, 60-ish hdc per row, quick but deathly boring).

Umm... I wouldn't even know where to begin. lol I've got tons of yarn - way too much to try to figure out just how much. There is far too much for it all to even be kept in one place/room. I can say at the moment there are about a dozen skeins on the desk beside me. And most of them are not currently in use - I've just had them out so they're visible so maybe the perfect project for them will come to mind while I work on some knitted gloves I'm almost done with. 

• 3 weeks later...

I don't even want to think about counting my stash, I have two 45 gallon bins full of yarn and plus tote bags full of yarn it sickens me to think about it .... For a while I kept on buying yarn that was on sale and never even using it, but lately I have forced myself to only buy yarn that I need for the pattern I am working on. Also I will be teaching a few people how to crochet this month so I am letting them use some of my stash to practice with since I have so much.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got about 10-15 skeins and balls at my feet at the moment. We recently divided up my great-grandparents belongings and now I have a shed full of yarn to go through. Not sure what to do with it because it's a bit special to me. And really does smell like mothballs. She was a firm believer in the power of mothballs. I miss her.

• 2 months later...

wow! compared to ya'll...i got....nothing. i have 1 tote thats full...i think its a 20 gallon. and my BF says i have too much and im not allowed to buy anymore till i use what i have...... :( i'll be ANYONES friend!!! jeez..... *goes off to feel sorry for myself and my pitiful stash...* :hook

I feel ya! I have one of those big shopping bags you get at TJ MAX full and thats it! Most of mine is in balls although I do have a few unopened skeins! I plan to use up my stash this year though! I am starting early with Stashbusters I guess!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived