473 members have voted

1. 1. who do you crochet for the most

• to sell
    • give as gifts
    • myself

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I've only just really started back up again everything is for myself at the moment. I'm trying to feel out if anyone around me really wants anything.

I usually crochet so I have things when I need to give gifts and I go to my finished projects and find something appropriate for the occasion. I love to give people something that I have made instead of something I have bought.

I just started crocheting again after 21 years so everything I have been making right now is for myself. After I make all of the things that I want I will probably give some things as gifts, I like to make afghans, but It costs a lot of money and time to make them so If I give any away as gifts it would have to be to someone I know that would really appreciate it and actually use it and not just throw it in the closet never use it and then eventually throw it away.

:think I started out for myself, then went mostly to gifts, now am back to myself. How do I vote?!! I voted for myself because lately I have been making clothing for myself. My DH's boss commissions items from me from time to time and I am also working on a baby gift right now but I still have 2 items I am finishing for myself. Am I making sense?:blush

I make a lot of baby blankets. Some I sell but mostly I end up giving them as gifts. Makes me happy! And new mommies enjoy having a lovely blanket for baby.

i would like to vote for me but i didnt :D i make my stuff and keep it for a few hours before someone sees it and wants it. so... instant gift :P

I thought I was crocheting for myself? But you know I look around my house and though there is many crochet thing in it I have not made them. Everything I make I give or donate to someone else and every time I give something I make away I have a instant feeling of gratification. I feel that I have made a difference no matter how small in someones life. I made someone know that someone cared about them for a spilt second so I guess I make them for me in a way me because though I have nothing to show I have a wonderful feeling inside just the same.

I usually don't start crocheting for anybody in mind. If I see a pattern for an afghan, toy, hat, scarf, kitchen items, etc., I will make it first to see if I like it and if I like it, I end up making a "gazzillion" of them:lol !!! Then they turn into gifts:yes !! I think my favorite to make are afghans:hook .

I crochet mostly for gifts. I have very few things that I have made for myself. Lately it seems like I have been crocheting baby blankets like crazy. There must be something in the water here in Campbellsville, KY

I manily to crochet to pass the time on the bus to school. I have a two hours bus ride each day so i have plenty of time to crochet or cross stitch. I have given some out as gift and sold others, I think it depends on the time I fininish it depends on if it will be for a gift.

the main think I sell is the crochet kitchen towels,(i have so many of them made up that i also give them away as gifts) when last minute surprise parties come up.

I do a lot of gifts, but for some reason, I tend to keep a pretty steady stream of "orders" to sell, also. Which is fine by me! :D

Mainly gifts - usually blankets/afghans to mark special occassions - births, weddings, birthdays but mainly for me as it gives me such pleasure making them.

Archived