Who do you crochet for

who do you crochet for the most  

473 members have voted

1. 1. who do you crochet for the most

• to sell
    • give as gifts
    • myself

I crochet gifts and for charity.

I do the same. I make gifts for special people I know, and then I make a lot of things for charities. It is very rewarding, even though I don't know who receives the gifts. I just know I am helping someone less fortunate than myself.

And when I make things for preemies, I know I am helping a little one get a start in life.

And when I make a burial gown, I know I am helping out a family whose little one became an angel. It gives the family something to help remember this baby whose life was too short. I think this is the greatest gift someone could give.

:manyheart

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of all the things I've made so far, I've only kept two items - a scarf (my first project ever) and a dishcloth. Everything else has been given as a gift. I have yet to try to sell anything.

Most of what I make is for my daughter in one form or another. I am making a few things currently for her personally, but most stuff is sold for her mission's fund.

I am currently making her a rug for her soon-to-be dorm room and a sweater. I made her an afghan for Christmas. I make ponchos, hats, aghans, potholders, shawls, and especially purses, etc. to sell at craft shows.

I used to crochet and give it away for gifts, but most people I know don't

need much of anything so I now crochet for charity and am loving it!!

In the winter I donate hats, mittens and scarves. Then all year round I make

hats for newborns and preemies and donate them to hospitals. We also make

lap afghans and donate them to Veterans Hospitals and Nursing Homes. But

most of all Crocheting and spending time here is my therapy!!

99.9% of the time I give my creations away to friends or family. I actually sold a baby afghan to a lady my daughter was babysitting for and was admiring the blanket I made for my granddaughter:

536597266_1338bb680f_s.jpg

She asked if I would make one for her to give as a baby shower gift. I worked all weekend to get it ready by the shower.

She was delighted!

I mostly crochet to sell now, unfortunately, my etsy shop hasn't sold anything yet! LOL but then, I crochet for myself but the items I sell...

• 2 weeks later...

I voted that I crochet for myself, but that's only because I'm still a beginner and my stuff isn't nice enough to give as gifts .... yet ... I'm looking forward to making some homemade Christmas gifts this coming holiday season.

LOL, there should have been an option that said " I crochet, therefore I am" or better yet, "I am, therefore I crochet!"

I give them ALL as gifts. The only thing I have made the benefits me is the King size Afghan I made for my husband. Took me 3 years to make it (ya know the other projects that come up). But well worth it. He loves it. Its always always ALWAYS on the bed. When people see it, the cant believe I made it.:blush

Archived