1. 1. who do you crochet for the most

• to sell
    • give as gifts
    • myself

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love to crochet so have huge amounts all over the house. A lot of it is toys, some for my kids some for gifts and I do sell stuff too. I never seem to get round to making for myself though....! So my answer is gifts and selling lol. Mainly I give as gifts so thats what I chose in the poll.

• 4 weeks later...

I crochet for others. I enjoy giving a gift I've made. When I was younger, in my 20's, I gave a baby blanket for a gift. I couldn't believe people made a fuss about it. I thought everyone crocheted. Now, I make sure someone will love the gift as much as I loved making it for them. That's who I give them to.

Next two projects are for me and DH. Two very large afghans to replace the old holey smaller ones I have. Present ones are Navajo (30 years old) and a scrappyghan made like the Navajo, but without the diamonds (20 years old).

The end results are for others, but I really do crochet for me. I call it my "Zen thing" because it helps calm me down when I'm stressed out. I'm actually always with at least one project everywhere (I keeps a ball of ribbon and a hook in my purse for waiting rooms, on hold, long lines at the bank, etc.)

I never seem to get around to that sweater I'm always saying I'll make myself though...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I crochet for my family and friends. I have recently got into crocheting for charity. Yet to send stuff though. I know what you mean about everyone making a fuss over a baby blanket. Have made quite a few for people at my church. Have also made lots of family members afghans for Christmas gifts. I love the feeling I get when I see how much they love it. I also love the idea of someone that really needs something is getting it because I made it. I hope that my contribution small as it may be will help someone.

Like most people who have voted on this, I mainly crochet for others, especially close family and babies/children (I love how quickly baby clothes can be made up, and also love making toys :))

In all my years crocheting it is only recently I made something for myself, and that (unseasonably) was a winter hat!:2blush I made it now because I bought the yarn for it ages ago, but then lots of my friends started having babies so that project got put to the back burner for quite some time!

I have also just finished a small tablecover for my living room nest of tables, but since that am back onto yet another toy for a friends daughter who will be 2 in September :lol

This is another of those revived threads from long ago. :)

I answered "give as gifts" as I almost always give away the projects I make. Sometimes it is for birthday or Christmas, and often for new babies, but most of the time I just make them gifts to show I love them. No other gift tells a person you care quite as well as a homemade gift. I love seeing people receive them. You can usually tell right away if you have chosen well. I make a few mistakes along the way but am getting pretty good at knowing what others will like. I usually get input ahead of time and like to have them look through my patterns showing likes and dislikes ahead of time. Sometimes an item just screams for me to make it for a particular person. As soon as I saw the Striped Funky Sock Monkey I knew I had to make it for my 13 year old granddaughter. She loves things like that and I can personalize it by making it in her colors. I am still trying to get a Spiderman Round Ripple made for all the boys. I made my grandson one and now the grand nephews need one each too. I love making them all afghans -- first their baby afghan and then later once they have picked their own room decor, I like to make a bigger one to match.

I voted for gifts. I also crochet for myself and my daughter, but for example, while on vacation last week I made a whole bunch of hats (I recently learned and was working on different techniques but can easily do hats without a pattern while sitting at the beach). I made one or two for my daughter, and a number of others with specific people in mind. I sort of want to have a collection going, so that I always have extras around for gifts (or selling).

• 3 weeks later...

Well at first for myself but the Christmas season is approaching in about 4 months so I decided to get started on presents..but eventually I would like to make a little bit of money enough to sustain my crocheting

Archived