Who do you crochet for

who do you crochet for the most  

473 members have voted

1. 1. who do you crochet for the most

• to sell
    • give as gifts
    • myself

I think that I have a pretty good mix of gifts and things for myself, the majority being for other people, but I also crochet for charity. Especially around the holidays most of the items I crochet are gifts! I'm working on an afghan for my boyfriend's dad and an afghan for my brother right now and also I make a lot of dishrags to give away because people are always asking about them (they're my take-along project mostly). I do make things for myself randomly too though...especially if I'm learning something new, because when I give things away I want them to be done well!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I very rarely get the chance to crochet for me. I always make my own presents to give to family and friends. I also crochet and sell hats and scarves. Right now I am selling on average of over 100 hats a year. I am looking to seriously make my crocheting a business in the future. We'll see how that goes. Right now, I'm not doing the selling for profit, just basicly for more yarn. LOL. Hopefully that will change a bit in the near future.

Blessed Be.

• 3 weeks later...

Mostly I make chemo caps, though I've made a lot of hats for myself. (I just love hats--quick and there are so many good patterns, plus I never finish big projects.) I make gifts too, and I want to start selling to try to make up some of this yarn cost...

I have always crafted to give things as gifts. I have never made anything for myself until just recently; I crochet a thematic project to go along with the month or a holiday, to adorn my desk. Selling things is too diappointing, people don't ever want to pay what it is worth for you to make something.

Crochet is my therapy so I do do it for me but usually end up giving it away for a gift so both!!

I just started so everything is for me and my kids. I have plans to make some baby afghans, but first need to finish my projects.:crocheting

up until i created the charity most of my crocheting was done for my girls.

I marked gift because 90% of the crocheting I do is for charity. My kids can only wear so many hats !! and we don't need a whole lot of afghans here in Texas. :D

I can't vote on the poll...I crochet a lot of hats for the homeless, being formerly homeless myself, it is a passion of mine. I also crochet gifts and some for sale. Rarely ever do anything for myself....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I do all three. I make some cute little bags and purses that I sell, and occasionally I'll make some cute creatures. ^_^ My parents just love it when I make them blankets and bowls and things, and I love the little creatures I make so I keep them to myself sometimes, too. :)

I can't check any of them either. I make myself things occasionally. But, I sell hats and scarves. I make tons of things to be given as gifts. Eventually, I do want to be able to send some things to charities.

Blessed Be.

I suppose I crochet for myself...I'm still fairly new to it, and I don't feel like anything I've made yet would be 'suitable' for a gift. Well, except for my mom...I gave her the first afghan I crocheted. She told me that it wasn't 'flawed', it just had 'character'. LOL Gotta love moms!

I crochet to keep my sanity lol but I usually make gifts for other people. I honestly believe my crochet and plastic canvas ability is a gift and gifts should be used to make others happy. I have sold a few things, but not much.

• 3 weeks later...

not enough poll options for me :) i crochet for all those reasons and just because i can, it's fun, so i can design new things etc

I generally crochet for others, whether it be a gift or charity. For the first time since I started crocheting, I'm busy making myself an afghan right now...the very first one for me!! lol

Rhonda

Archived