473 members have voted

1. 1. who do you crochet for the most

• to sell
    • give as gifts
    • myself

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i make things (mostly scarves... thats the most acceptable i think) for my friends... sometimes on commission (by $ or yarn) and family. Once everyone has a scarf, then its moving on to something a little bigger, if its appropriate... i make things to sell at a local DIY arts consignment sort of place and.... I spend time making some things for me as well. so far its only been 2 scarves. winter (that i add a strand from the scarves made out of homespun yarn that i have given to friends... and will hopefully end up as a blanket someday.... ) and a light fall/spring scarf. Next on my list for myself is a scarf made out of yarn i got while i was in NYC for a week. And then maybe an afghan for myself. but that can be on the back burner for awhile. It is far more gratifing to give than to keep things for myself.

I crochet mostly for my boyfriend. I make amigurumi for him to pile on top of his computer monitor (now I've got to make a little hammock for them all because they don't fit anymore).

I'm also make thing for family and friends, I keep a few things that I make but most stuff I give away.

I'm new at crocheting so right now I'm crocheting for myself. I've got yarn already to make an afghan for my son and then am hoping to do some things for charity.

I try to make baby blankets for everyone I hear of that is having a baby. I wasn't very successful in 2007, but so far in 2008, I have only been beaten twice by the baby! And one of them was 9 weeks premature! He is doing fine, but his blanket still isn't done. I have three more to go, unless I hear of another one. I would like to get a few "in the can" so I can move on to other projects.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I crochet mostly for myself, followed by presents for loved ones. But not very often do I give crochet as presents. Most of my Family and freinds don't really like it. But I LOVE it!

I crochet mainly for myself, but I like making scarves for my mum. I'd like to make gifts for my family and friends, but they don't really appreciate the craft as much as I do. Plus, I don't think I have the time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I started crocheting because I enjoy it, now I crochet because I enjoy it and for gifts, and once in awhile I sell a few things.

My kids are always asking for hats and new afghans, my 6 yr old thinks he needs an afghan for everyday of the week. :lol

Back in Oct. we did a blanket drive for hospice and my son donated 2 of his for a grandma and grandpa he said.

Archived