Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Gene, love your latest RR. One of these days I have to learn to like the popcorn stitch. Right now I don't have the patience for it.

I started and spent yesterday working on another RR (what a surprise). This one is also a Christmas Present. Not quite sure yet who will be getting this one.

This makes 7 RR's in various stages of completion :eek

th_ChristmasBlueJean1.jpg

clickable

Gene, love your latest RR. One of these days I have to learn to like the popcorn stitch. Right now I don't have the patience for it.

I started and spent yesterday working on another RR (what a surprise). This one is also a Christmas Present. Not quite sure yet who will be getting this one.

This makes 7 RR's in various stages of completion :eek

th_ChristmasBlueJean1.jpg

clickable

WOW, Mel !! Yet another beauty !! You're awesome ! :cheer

Thats really pretty mel, do you just do 1 round of each color? I put my colors in a post I think a page back for the other one I am doing just not sure how to work it and make it look good I keep ripping it out.

On the ones I'm doing for Christmas presents (except for the zebra and red), I start with 6 rows of the variegate, then I do *2 rows of black, 1 row of variegate, 2 rows of black, 2 rows of variegate, repeat from * until it is as big as you want it. I usually end it with 1 row of variegate.

Hope that helps!!

Mel that looks great. I am doing another one with these colors

pm7744a.jpgw3618a.jpg

so far I keep ripping it out I tried doing 4 rows of solid and 2 rows of the varigated I didnt like that, now I did 4 rows of varigated and 2 rows of the purple and not sure that looks alright either. So now Im not sure what I will be doing maybe somewhere throw white in there, and then I thought maybe I should do it with blue but I have no clue what Im gonna do.

:lol You sound like me!!! You have some very pretty and peaceful colors to start with though. Every time I come here there are new ones to see. I love all of them :manyheart

Can you tell me exactly what colors and yarn you used for this rainbow? I really like this one. And what row count you did? would that be ok?:P:blushOh, I finally went back far enough to see that it's simply soft brites, right? I like that yarn, but I have been working on a project in black simply soft, I will not be doing anything black for awhile after that, but the brites should be ok!

Mel, your rr is STUNNING!!!! I would keep that one :heart

Mine is a little over 40in across and I've decided to give it to my granddaughter. I'm not too sure about the size though she's five years old and I want her to be able to use it for awhile :think Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

mywork5.jpg

BTW, my cat Daisy is sizing it up for herself :lol

very pretty colors there, looks good.:cheer

Good Morning Ladies,

I've been here before but am too easily distracted (too many hobbies) with other crafts. I've been checking out your pic's and all I can say is WOW!!! :clap :clap :clap

I started my second RR last night which will be an afghan but I wanted to show my first RR, it's a footstool cover about 28 in across.

Thanks for looking!

JUDY:hook

1sttry.jpg

Can you tell me exactly what colors and yarn you used for this rainbow? I really like this one. And what row count you did? would that be ok?:P:blushOh, I finally went back far enough to see that it's simply soft brites, right? I like that yarn, but I have been working on a project in black simply soft, I will not be doing anything black for awhile after that, but the brites should be ok!

Hi!! I used caron but not all were brites. The red is 'raspberry' and the green is 'sage'.

4 rows of raspberry

3 rows of mango

3 rows of lemonade

3 rows of sage

3 rows of berry blue

3 rows of grape

then 1 row each of the colors up to grape (only 1 row) and then reverse back to raspberry.

I hope this helps, I'm awful at instructions!!:think

Everyone's RR's are just beautiful. What a talented bunch we have here on the 'Ville.

I just finished another RR for a Christmas present. I have 4 more to make. I sure hope my hands and wrists hold up for them all. I have started them all (to make sure I liked the colors) and they are in various stages of progress.

I'm not sure yet who will be getting this one.

th_ChristmasBlueJean2b.jpg

clickable

Ruby, you did perfect, a big help. I put it on my back burner untill my other two are done. I am doing one right now in red heart ocean, lt blue, and that medium blue, can not remember the name of that one. It's not medium blue, it's something else I think. But the colors are looking good at seven rows each. Next is the superman one, then a rainbow maybe. Maybe for me. I just looked at ILovethisyarn at hobby lobby, and i am really liking that yarn too, just picked up a green camo to make my grandson a sweater. It is nice and soft.:c9

Hi!

I started one yesterday so if no one minds, I'd like to join in. It's going to be pink camo with pink alternate rounds. My daughter requested a pink blanket. :)

Hey this will be my first crochet along. lol

your more than welcome to Join us. We love it when someone joins in and shows us all the great RR they make. So jump right in you will have a great time. :)

I just completed my 4th RR, and it was my first Spiderghan. The body of the blanket came out beautifully, but I am having a lot of trouble getting the "webs" to look right. The instructions I used said to use ch3 between the slipstitches that attached to the blanket at the chain 2 spaces starting at the points, and continuing to the center. The webs didn't lay flat, and also weren't quite straight. So I decreased it to ch2, and wasn't happy with the way it looked that way either. I am thinking of going down a hook size next.

Any one else have these problems, and how did u solve it?

Hi Everyone!!

It's been a long time since I've been here, this week, I started another round ripple, & right now I'm on the 21 row.

The colors I'm using are Red Heart Petal Pink, Red Heart Lt Rasberry, Caron Burgundy, & Caron Rainbow Tones--Country Rose Tones

PinkRoseRRWIP002.jpg

I am wanting to make the spiderghan for my 26 year old son, but need to figure out how to make it for a grown man. i was thinking of just increasing the number of rounds for each color, but not sure that would not ruin the pattern to it. how big is the spiderghan when made per instructions? my son is almost 6' so i would need it to be at least 70 inches.

NatCat, Gorgeous RR. I will be making one with similar colors someday!

V-Hooked, I love your RR. Love the colors. Great combination!!

I'm on my 5th RR for Christmas. I noticed last night that I messed up on the color pattern. I debated on whether to frog it so I could get the pattern the original way, or to alter it. I decided to alter it. I don't feel like spending time at the frog pond today :frog

I am using TLC Essentials in Twilight and ILTY in Black.

th_ChristmasTwilight1.jpg

clickable