Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

th_Picture030.jpg

Here is the one I am doing for one of my nieces I ran out of the varigated I guess I missed judged so I will have to go and get more, in the mean time I have 4 others I can start and then I will only have to make one trip to the yarn store cuz I will most likely need more for the other two as well. I am sorry I didnt measure it so not sure how big it is I just no that it isnt big enough lol. I figure when it hits the top of my head (im 5 ft 4) then it should be big enough.

Mel that second one looks great I never seem to have enough varigated to make anything big enough with but just maybe I could have like lots of different shades of brown and then ahhhhhhhhhh haaaa lol. What a help you are to me Mel lol.

Val nice to see you.

Mel, your rr is STUNNING!!!! I would keep that one :heart

Mine is a little over 40in across and I've decided to give it to my granddaughter. I'm not too sure about the size though she's five years old and I want her to be able to use it for awhile :think Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

mywork5.jpg

BTW, my cat Daisy is sizing it up for herself :lol

Keep going and back track! Three rows of each until you end with the red, the first color you started with!

DreamsOfYarn-Your rr is looking very pretty, I like the varigated and black combo. The varigated your using looks like RH sage mary.

ruby51-Your rr is beautiful, I love the rainbow colors. The colors remind me of Rainbow Brite.

andrea2006-Your rr is looking gorgeous, what yarn are you using?

jingerelle-Here's a link to a page with links to round ripple patterns. The most commonly used is the sew on fire and lynnes round ripple patterns, I hope this helps. http://www.tamemymind.com/blog/2007/03/19/round-afghan-blanket-patterns-crocheted-or-knitted.php

The sew on fire has a mistake in it on round 3, here is a link to chrome kittys correction.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29245&highlight=chrome+kitty+corrections

I've been working on the 3rd RR I have started. I am going to have to frog the 4th one because I didn't use the right size hook..oops :blush

This one is also the same color pattern, just a different variegated yarn.

th_ChristmasHighPlains1.jpg

clickable

th_Picture030.jpg

Here is the one I am doing for one of my nieces I ran out of the varigated I guess I missed judged so I will have to go and get more, in the mean time I have 4 others I can start and then I will only have to make one trip to the yarn store cuz I will most likely need more for the other two as well. I am sorry I didnt measure it so not sure how big it is I just no that it isnt big enough lol. I figure when it hits the top of my head (im 5 ft 4) then it should be big enough.

Mel that second one looks great I never seem to have enough varigated to make anything big enough with but just maybe I could have like lots of different shades of brown and then ahhhhhhhhhh haaaa lol. What a help you are to me Mel lol.

Val nice to see you.

Very pretty!

I had the same problem trying to guesstimate the amount of variegated needed. So I thought why not make it look kinda like stained glass. That way I am using more black (or whatever solid color) and it decreases the amount of variegated needed. I first did it with my Mom's RR for Christmas, and I loved the way it turned out. Plus this is a great way to use some of my stash.

Mel, your rr is STUNNING!!!! I would keep that one :heart

Mine is a little over 40in across and I've decided to give it to my granddaughter. I'm not too sure about the size though she's five years old and I want her to be able to use it for awhile :think Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

mywork5.jpg

BTW, my cat Daisy is sizing it up for herself :lol

Thank you!

I Love your rainbow RR! One of these days I'm going to make a rainbow one like that for my grandson.

I just love it when cats just have to be in the pictures of our projects.

DreamsOfYarn-Your rr is looking very pretty, I like the varigated and black combo. The varigated your using looks like RH sage mary.

ruby51-Your rr is beautiful, I love the rainbow colors. The colors remind me of Rainbow Brite.

andrea2006-Your rr is looking gorgeous, what yarn are you using?

Thank You!

It is TLC Essential's 'Sage Mary'. I didn't have enough RHSS Sage Mary, and I was bound and determined to only use what variegated yarn I have in my stash.

Thanks for the compliments

Champy the yarn is caron ombres and the solid is caron one pounders.

I was gonna do more of the solid colors versus the varigated but I really love varigated but its alright I need to make it bigger yet so maybe I will try reversing the process on the next one or two I do.

Everyones looks really good.

Everyone's RR's are just beautiful.

Here is one of the 4 I have started for Christmas presents. I love this one, and I just may have to keep it for ME!! If I don't keep this one, I will make myself one soon.

th_ChristmasGemstoneRipple2.jpg

clickable

That is so pretty Mel, You do such pretty work. I love seeing all the one you make.

here is the rr I did for my new niece, with her cousin, my 2 year old nephew posing with the ghan. He liked it alot and was fascinated by the varigated yarn and it's color patterns. http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p122/mva5493/?action=view&current=DSCN3791-1.jpg

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p122/mva5493/?action=view&current=DSCN3792-1.jpg

Now that this one is finished, I am gonna work on the 4 or 5 more that I plan to try and finish before Christmas (gifts for family members, hopefully) I may need this cal, just to keep me on track, not so good with deadlines. :)

here is the rr I did for my new niece, with her cousin, my 2 year old nephew posing with the ghan. He liked it alot and was fascinated by the varigated yarn and it's color patterns. http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p122/mva5493/?action=view&current=DSCN3791-1.jpg

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p122/mva5493/?action=view&current=DSCN3792-1.jpg

Now that this one is finished, I am gonna work on the 4 or 5 more that I plan to try and finish before Christmas (gifts for family members, hopefully) I may need this cal, just to keep me on track, not so good with deadlines. :)

I like those colors. It is very pretty. What kind/colors did you use?:hug

Thanks for all the lovely comments. I have made 7 rr's, and that one is my absolute favorite so far. I used 2 strands of bernat softee baby, the color is her jeans ombre, I bought 2 skiens of it when amazon had that wonderful sale earlier this year (I got those first 2 for .80 each) and had to purchase to more skiens at michael's after I started the project. The white is another flea market find, it is sayelle by lion brand, it is old enough that it doesn't have a color just a color number. It is color number 100. I used one and a very small amount of a second skein of the white (4 oz. skein), and almost 4 of the her jeans ombre (5 oz. skein, double strands)

Here is one I started last night. This one will either be for my oldest son or my grandson. I haven't decided which one will get it.

I think I am going to do this one a little different. Instead of 1 row of variegate, 2 rows of red, 2 rows of variegate, 2 rows of red, repeat, I'm thinking of increasing each row of variegate by 1 and leaving the red 2 rows.

th_ChristmasZebra1a.jpg

clickable

Well, I'm about halfway done with this one. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but the bigger it gets, the more I like it. I was working on this one when I was at a family reunion Sunday (my older brother was in town for the first time in 9 years), and since I had no clue who would be getting this one, I decided that whoever complimented it the most would end up with it for Christmas. My younger brother's mother in law kept saying how pretty it was, how warm it looked, how she had never seen a round afghan and that the colors reminded her of one her mother had made her & she still has, but doesn't use it much anymore because she is afraid it will get a hole in it (it is very old). She got a little teary eyed when she mentioned her mother, and I decided right then that she will be getting it. I know she will appreciate it.

th_Autumn3a-1.jpg

th_Autumn3.jpg

both clickable

Mel, I have been looking for these colors. What brand is the yarn? What color names? Thanks !

Mel that looks great. I am doing another one with these colors

pm7744a.jpgw3618a.jpg

so far I keep ripping it out I tried doing 4 rows of solid and 2 rows of the varigated I didnt like that, now I did 4 rows of varigated and 2 rows of the purple and not sure that looks alright either. So now Im not sure what I will be doing maybe somewhere throw white in there, and then I thought maybe I should do it with blue but I have no clue what Im gonna do.

I couldn't stand it! Seeing all the great new ripples, I had to make another Popcorn Ripple. It's at about 44 inches at this point, but I plan on going out to about 60 inches.

2040283677_7b456e879f_m.jpg

For those who don't know, it's my own design and the pattern is available at my Etsy Store.

beautiful rr, crochet dad! I love the popcorn stitch details, I think that and the solid color makes it very attractive. I don't think I will ever get bored with this pattern, there are so many things that can change it and give it a totally different look. love the color and the stitch details, great job!!:)