Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

I use Lyn's RR pattern when I make the afghan so this is a variation of her pattern - with a split! I made a second one (for my Mom) and wrote the pattern down as I went along this time. All you seasoned round ripplers will have this done in no time!!

DCP_5815.jpg

Materials:

7 oz. White, appx. 4 oz. each Green & Red, appx. 1 1/2 oz. Verigated

size K hook

Row 1. With Green ch 15, dc into the 3rd ch and across, (13 dc).

Row 2. ch 3, 1 dc in same st, 2 dc in each st across (26).

Row 3: ch 2, *skip next st, 1 dc-ch 2-1 dc in next st (V-st made). repeat across from * ending with hdc in same sp as ch 3. (12 V-st)

Row 4: ch 2, * 2 dc-ch 2-2 dc in ch-2 sp, repeat across from * ending with hdc in ch 2.

Row 5: ch 2, * skip 2 sts, dc in next dc, 2 dc-ch 2-2 dc in the ch 2 sp, 1 dc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, 1 dc in next st. repeat across from * , ending with hdc in ch 2, change to White.

Row 6: ch 2, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in of next dc to ch-2 sp, * 2 dc-ch 2-2 dc in next ch 2 sp, 1 dc in each of next dc to skipped 2 sts, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, repeat across from * ending with hdc in ch 2.

Row 7: ch 2, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, * 1 dc-ch 2-1 dc (this is a small shell made of a doubleV-st) in next ch 2 space, 1 dc in each of next dc to skipped 2 sts, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, repeat across from * ending with hdc in ch 2.

Row 8: ch 2, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, * 2 dc-ch 2-2 dc (this is a large shell made of a doubleV-st) in next ch 2 space, 1 dc in each of next dc to skipped 2 sts, skip 2 sts, 1 dc in each of next dc to ch-2 sp, repeat across from * ending with hdc in ch 2.

Alternate Rows 7 & 8. Color scheme is 5 rows green - 3 rows white - 1 row verigated - 3 rows white - 5 rows red - 3 rows white - 1 row verigated - 3 rows white - 5 rows green. The last row will be a small shell row. Replace the small shell with 2 dc-picot(ch3, sl st in first ch) 2 dc. This makes the points very pointy.

With 2 strands of green, make a ch 12-14 inches long and weave through the dc's in row 1 to tie it in place on the tree.

This is a great idea!! Thanks for sharing it!!

Hello everyone, wishing you all a very happy and healthy New Year!

I am quite excited as I have been told of a new baby this year. It makes me an Aunt again! I have done a few starghans recently for young girls. I would really really like to do one of these for the new baby.

Could you please tell me which pattern to go for and any ideas on colours???

Thanks so much. I really really like the ones you have finished and put on here. I would say that they are works of art.

xxxSharon

I'm coming into this a little late, but I'm starting my Round Ripple today. I found A RR with nice rainbow colors throughout the posts in this CAL so I'm going to use those colors (hope you don't mind, lol) I'll be sure to post progress and finished object pictures!

:hug Thank you all for the kind word. The purple one came out very nice and she is very happy with it. I still can't belive what happens out of need to do something and have no money to do anything with. They loved these more than any toy I could have given them Thanks again keep on crocheting

Happy New Year Judy :hug

It's good to see you. I was just wondering how you were doing. Are you still working those long hours?

Hi Mel, Yes i'm still hanging in there, altho i'm still having long hours but I think it will be slowing down soon. Its that time of the year when surgeries slow down, so I hope my hours slow down and I have more time for crochet :-) I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. I hope to be in here more soon. I have really missed being in here. I'll talk to you soon. HAPPY New Year!!!! See You Soon.

Everyone's RR's are absolutely gorgeous!! Great work :clap:clap

I just finished a RR Rug. My daughter has decided it will go in her room. The picture doesn't show the true colors. There wasn't enough light but I wanted to get a picture of it before it gets full of cat fur :lol:lol

th_HillysBonBonRug1.jpg

click for details

Everyone's RR's are absolutely gorgeous!! Great work :clap:clap

I just finished a RR Rug. My daughter has decided it will go in her room. The picture doesn't show the true colors. There wasn't enough light but I wanted to get a picture of it before it gets full of cat fur :lol:lol

th_HillysBonBonRug1.jpg

click for details

I love it Mell, And I see you have done 18 rr, my goodness girl you have had those hooks a smokin lolol. You do such pretty work. I also love how you name each one and have a catolog of your work. Great Idea.

Thank you Andrea and Judy.

This rug took a long time to make. I kept putting it off so I could work on other projects. My DD didn't mind, since she already has 2 smaller RR rugs in her room.

I made 7 RR's for Christmas presents. I have 3 in the works right now along with a few other projects. I have learned that if I don't catalog my work, I can't remember what the specs are of a specific project. And since I am so bad at writing it down, I just do it on the pictures. One of these days when I have nothing to do (like that joke??) I will sit down and write them all down in a spiral notebook so I have a paper copy of them all.

finished homespun round ripple for xmas & gave it to them...

roundrippleinhomespun002.jpg

not a great picture but you can see the colors. Love homespun...

finished homespun round ripple for xmas & gave it to them...

roundrippleinhomespun002.jpg

not a great picture but you can see the colors. Love homespun...

WOW! That is awesome. :yay I've not seen a round ripple done in homespun, it is really beautiful. I love homespun, too. Can't say I always love working with it, but I do love the finished product. Could I ask you how big is it & what size hook did you use? Thank you for sharing this beautifyl RR.

Katie :crocheting

WOW! That is awesome. :yay I've not seen a round ripple done in homespun, it is really beautiful. I love homespun, too. Can't say I always love working with it, but I do love the finished product. Could I ask you how big is it & what size hook did you use? Thank you for sharing this beautifyl RR.

Katie :crocheting

Thanks. I used a K hook and it is about 60" across. I wanted it bigger but ran out of time...it is still big enough to use but not as big and impressive as I wanted. oh well they loved it.

I did my first round ripple and finished it up for Christmas. I got the flavor, After a small breakf from crochet I just started my second one today...Aggie May's pattern.

I would post a pic of my last one, but I can't figure out how to insert a picture. so here's a link. http://www.members.aol.com/shellybrook/one.jpg

:clap:crocheting I love this new crochet guy!