How do you wrap your crocheted gifts?

I am going to my sister's baby shower on Saturday and I was wondering if anyone had a creative way to wrap the gifts? I put a lot of time and effort into the blanket and I hate to just throw it in a gift bag!

Any ideas?

I don't do anything creative, I just throw them in a bag. ;) Most people do the same with their gifts and I figure it's the gift that matters more...

But you could do a nice basket.

Maybe a nice decorated box.

Add some nice ribbon. Curly ribbon, lots. Or larger ribbon.

Not sure what else...

Debbi

You can also find really cute bags. A lady here at work found one and it had little wooden letters on it that spelled out baby and had mini baby clothes on it, like a clothes line. So even if you just "toss" it in a bag, the bag can be a nicer one.

You could also use a nice wire or wicker basket to put it in. Some are very open.

How about a wicker basket with fabric she can use to store other baby products in for her nursery. One with baby type fabric or would work in there.

How about the $store ideas, wrap the blanket in a box, add some $store items on top to decorate it. Use a ribbon to secure it on the box.

If it is a special gift, I take a basket, just the right size, and fill it with somekind of filler, shredded paper, curled paper strips.ect, then carefully display the item, and tuck in a few extras..and wrap the clear celophane around it, (you can get it at walmart in the craft dept. kind of like what goes over Easter baskets) and tie a bow, or several strands of curling ribbon, and attach somehting themed..like if it is a baby shower gift, tie a rattle in the bow, or pacifier, or if it is a kitchen items, then maby a small wisk, just to make it a bit whimsical. And tuck in the card. It doesn't really cost much, but they get a gift for their eyes first, then they get to unwrap and look at all the little things, read the card, and then the main special gift, plus they get a basket(only my favorite thing to collect!). It's a nice suprise, and they will think you put tremendous effort into it. Making it all the more special. ;)

I create wonderful gift bags that include my crochet items.

I think that's what she's after, some ideas to do that.

Maybe you could do a plain bag and decorate it to fit her taste. Rubber stamps or stencils or stickers. This way you've put some more time into it and thought. For example I love dogs and crochet, so any gift in a bag with dogs or crochet on them would make me as happy as the gift.

I think that's what she's after, some ideas to do that.

Maybe you could do a plain bag and decorate it to fit her taste. Rubber stamps or stencils or stickers. This way you've put some more time into it and thought. For example I love dogs and crochet, so any gift in a bag with dogs or crochet on them would make me as happy as the gift.

That's a good idea too!!! I knew I could count on you ladies!

For an everyday gift I would normally just use a regular gift bag I got at the store....but this is my ONLY sister, and it's her first baby, so I want to make it extra special! :manyheart

I think the greatest idea is the baby bathtub, filled with a bear sponge (you'll know this when you see it in the store, lol), some baby bath stuff, and some size 1 diapers - NOT newborn size, because they outgrow those in about 2 1/2 minutes.

Oh, and a rubber ducky bathtub thermometer.

That way, she *thinks* she's getting a gift so practical you didn't even bother to wrap it, when it's the wrapping for the extra special gift under it all!

If you really want to fool her, you could crochet some baby washcloths and a bath mitt for her to use (out of soft cotton, like Cool Crochet, or something similar), so she thinks *those* are your handmade gift.

I love fooling people with my gift wrapping.

I wrap plain, ordinary presents with elaborate bows and the "big" presents get plain wrapping and I try to put them in different boxes so the giftee is still guessing after the paper comes off.

At the one and only baby shower I ever had (thrown for me by some wonderful ladies I used to work with), what they did for a "gift basket" was use a LAUNDRY basket! I loved the idea. With another baby, I was going to NEED a laundry basket ANYWAY, and it was big enough to fit almost all of the gifts that they bought me.

You could add some baby lotions and bath items some wipes and even diapers. My mom used diapers for fillers when she would send out packages for my niece and nephew! I thought that was a great idea!

Unfortunately, all of my gifts I've had to mail, so I can't be quite so creative. I think simple would probably be better. A simple basket or the baby tub or something like that and fold the blanket so it looks best. Another idea I had was to fold it in thirds and then roll it up with the edging showing and just tie a ribon around it, or maybe a pair of booties. That would work best if the blanket has a nice ruffly or intricate edging. I still think simple but elegant would be best. You want your blanket to be the star, not the 'and also....'

I usually put items I make in a size-appropriate box and wrap it like I would for any other gift with pretty gift wrap and a ribbon.

I agree with the basket idea. I would normally put something in a pretty yet simple white box with some pretty tissue paper folded nicely around it. Then I would tie it up with a ribbon and a handmade notecard. (since those are extra special) I like the idea of shredded paper too.

If you use a basket/tub, get (crochet?) a teddy bear and wrap it up like a baby and sit him up in it. Wrap and add small baby toys. Since she'll most likley get duplicate items, things that can be used up, baby powder/lotion, wipes, etc. are always great. Hope this helps. Congrats to the new parents.

Ellie 13

I just remembered I've saw extra large baby pins, like in the craft or gift department for showers. Those would be cute to add to the package. You could even see what they have in the section for baby showers, they have some cute little things and that could be really cute on a basket or bag or box.

I like the wrap a teddy bear in the blanket like a baby.

I just did a shower wicker laundry basket, bought a large receiving blanket and put that inside the blanket draped over the sides. I put my baby blanket folded in the middle and then bought, onesies, little hats, one piece outfits and put them around my blanket, put a bow on the outside and that is how I presented the gift to her at the shower.

I have nothing creative to add, I just wanted to say how impressed I am by the creativity, thought and effort all of you put into your gift-wrapping. I especially love heart's idea. I am lazy about wrapping.If it's a hand-made gift, I fold it so that it shows to best advantage, and wrap it in clear cellophane, that's all.

heee! i just either put mine in a bag or else put it in one of those clothing boxes, and wrap it up :D

im not creative when it comes to wrapping :(

You could wrap it in tissue paper before stuffing it in the bag. I agree with the larger size diapers. I also think it is nice to get something nice for the Mom too. A mug and some nice Tea that will be safe for a nursing mother or something nice for mom to enjoy going through this hectic time. I know someone gave me a new book from a favorite author(I read John Grisham to my baby) some lotion, a little figurine, and some tea. I felt special that someone took an extra step to help me relax a little.

With my first daughter, someone gave me a hollow diaper cake with a lot of little extra goodies inside. Another crocheted me a diaper bag to place the other crocheted items into and used that as the wrapping for the gift. I'm sure your sister will love whatever you decide to the wrap the gift in.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

Archived