Favorite brand of hook

RachelChochet

My new favorite is Clover. They have the wide thumb rest that is easy to grip. I was putting soft pencil grips on my aluminum ones. I don't use the Brittany wooden ones because the fancy handles dig into my pinky. The Clovers are more expensive, but you have to have the right equipment to do a good job.:yes

My favorite brand of hooks is Susan Bates, the yarn seems to flow better than the Boye hooks for me. I also like the Crystallites, however, the larger the hook, the sturdier it is.

LI Roe

IM001282.jpgI use Boye for my smaller steel hooks, I also like wood hooks for my larger hooks. I have several the Bill at Turn of the Century made me, they are custom ones with little rings at the top that wiggle when you crochet. He made me two and I have a few of Graydogs from ebay. I love the custom hooks. Here is a picture of some of the ones I have with me, the expensive ones are at home.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u128/vonn1e/IM001282.jpg

I love my Turn of Century hooks! They are gorgeous, and feel very comfortable. Sadly, my dogs love them even more than I do, so I have to replace the ones they chew every so often!

Susan Bates is my favourite :)

Mine too.

They are just so much easier to use than boye. I guess it is just personal preference and what you get used to. I learned on boye. But I only buy Bates now.

:manyheart

I also like the Clover Soft Touch hooks.

I eye those everytime I go yarn shopping. I keep thinking about getting one to try out but not sure if it will work well for me because I hold the hook kind of funky ;)

I have always used Boye hooks and I just love them - I have a set that I bought when I was a teenager and I had them a long time!!

I love to knit with wooden needles but I've never tried a wooden hook before.

Where I live there is not a great selection of hooks - mainly Aero (smaller sizes are steel and larger sizes are plastic) of which I have 2 complete sets (gifts when I was in my 20s). A few years ago DH bought me some beautiful hooks from USA - handmade wooden with angels and sunflowers painted on them and my name AHH!!! I only ever used one of them and a piece broke of it so I am afraid to use them now. Recently I purchased some Boye aluminium hooks from ebay and I think they are absolutely amazing. No matter where I use them people comment on them because of the colours - the AERO hooks are all grey.

I used almost nothing but Boye 'till we moved here. Then I bought a few of the AERO's, because I needed a different size. The shape of the AERO's are pretty much the same as Boye.

But then last year I found an online store that ships to the UK and I bought myself a set of Susan Bates aluminum. I use nothing BUT those now!!!

Although I have to say, if I had to pick just one of my hooks, it would probably be the one and only Jimbo hook that I have. :hook

Archived