Favorite brand of hook

RachelChochet

Clover Soft Touch, Addi Turbo, and some Boye thread hooks that are inserted into wood from a seller on ebay. They are the best things I have ever held in my hands!!

My favorite hook is a bright red plastic size K. I don't know the maker; all it says on it is 10 1/2 K, and that's in little raised letters. Anyone have an idea of its brand? It's light weight and just feels right to me. I have a couple Boye plastic hooks that I like too. An H and a couple Gs.

i like the aluminum ones. i have a few plastic, and they're ok, but uncomfortable over a long period of time. i don't have a fav. brand yet. though i drool over the fancy kitty ones... XD

hmm ... i always get boye hooks

i tried some other kind that had the hook cut out of the aluminum with like a wedge or something (susan bates?), but everytime i tried to crochet with it the yarn got snagged. so i stick to boye :P plus they're easy to find

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite hooks are the new ones with one really comfortable handle and multiple hooks like a multi-headed screwdriver. Since ergonomic handles are so expensive and you have to buy each one separately, it just makes so much sense to buy one really good handle and be able to use all of the sizes with it. They'll be for sale soon on the Marketplace page.

I LOVE Susan Bates since it's what I learned on. If you compare the head of a Bates to a Boye, there's a difference in shape. I'm a tight hooker and the tapered neck on a Boye drives me crazy...the Bates neck is the same width the whole way so my yarn stays consistent. (Does that make any sense?) Anyway, I think "Happy Hooker" discusses it, too. My beef is that I can't find anything bigger than a K in Bates aluminum but I've found some wood ones on ebay with the same shape as a Bates. The price is reasonable, although the hooks aren't fancy they work great so far. I bought my from theredbarnfarm. Not affiliated, just liked the hooks a bunch. :D

Archived