Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Well I have successfully visited the frog pond. :P The quilt mistake is undone and ready to be resewn. Thank goodness it was along the edge of this thing. Then I'll be all set to continue with the quilting. It's funny. Rosie was with me when I picked out the material for Ayden's quilt and she didn't care for it at all. Now that it's more or less together, she loves it. :lol I guess that's my visualization at work again. I knew it would work and she didn't think it had any chance at all of working. :lol I'm off to get my sewing machine in gear. :sew

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks, Judy. Christmas is just a really hard time for me.

:hug Welcome back!

BTW, I think I might've forgotten to drop in and say that BIL got out of the hospital on Friday afternoon :yes

:yay:cheer So glad to here he's out!!!

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

And it's especially good because our Linda is back! :manyheart We've missed you lots. :hug

I can't wait to get the blue that I ordered! Oh, I got it from Yarn and Thread by Lisa...she guarantees dye lots and it's cheaper that anywhere else.:yarn

That's great news! I hope he's all better soon.

Sorry - I know I'm missing some posts :blush, but it's been crazy around here this a.m. and I need to get going for an appointment. Will check back in this afternoon.

Hi, Mary!

Well I have successfully visited the frog pond. :P The quilt mistake is undone and ready to be resewn. Thank goodness it was along the edge of this thing. Then I'll be all set to continue with the quilting. It's funny. Rosie was with me when I picked out the material for Ayden's quilt and she didn't care for it at all. Now that it's more or less together, she loves it. :lol I guess that's my visualization at work again. I knew it would work and she didn't think it had any chance at all of working. :lol I'm off to get my sewing machine in gear. :sew

Hopefully it will be fixed soon! I'm not any god at visualization myself.

Judy - Hi!!

Hi to anyone else I may be missing. Crazy busy with Christmas parties this week, but it will be fun and worth it! Talk to you all soon.

Sorry for the frog pond, but way to go on being able to fix it! :cheer Rosie sounds like such a good friend. :manyheart

Hi Nicole! Enjoy the Christmas parties. :)

Today was busy, but I think my shopping is finished and just need to check my lists. We draw names on my side of the family, which makes it much easier...sort of. :lol I hope to wrap everything in the next day or so and then be ready to start the baby blanket when the yarn arrives. :yarn:c9

:bday:cake:bday

Happy Birthday, Judy! Have a wonderful day!

It's overcast and wet here again today. I have 7 more rows of quilting to do on Ayden's quilt and then the binding. I'm hoping to get it done today or tomorrow at the latest.

:birthdayto you, Judy! Your brunch with DS sounds nice. Enjoy yourself! :hug

Thanks for all of the encouragement on my fingerless gloves. My first pair ended up being given to a neighbor who dropped in and oooh'd and aaah'd over them. If she was that excited after trying them on, I knew I could whip up a different pair for SIL. Attached is a picture of the replacement pair and another pair I extended into mittens for a hostess gift. This pattern is a snap, and it is so fun to make something so quickly. Hopefully, the next pairs will be as well received :yes

Cara, glad to hear BIL is out of the hospital. Hope he continues to improve and feel better.

Mary -- congrats on finishing your shopping. I have not bought anything for two weeks, so I think I am finished with that part of the job. Next, I need to haul out the wrapping paper and set up a workshop. Once the girls are in bed tonight, that is on my agenda. You sound very excited about your new yarn and afghan for Baby. I cannot wait to see it!

Diane ~ :droolWow! I am impressed with all of your new yarns. :yayWhat fun :yay You are going to be able to create even more beautiful afghans with your goodies. Have fun :hook

Nicole ~ Hope you are enjoying your Christmas parties. Stay warm.

Linda ~ So glad your Internet is back up-and-running! It is lucky you were able to fix Ayden's quilt without too much trouble. He is going to be thrilled with your surprises.

Oh, :wavingAll! Have a great Tuesday!

post-20536-135897485356_thumb.jpg

post-20536-135897485362_thumb.jpg

It's overcast and wet here again today. I have 7 more rows of quilting to do on Ayden's quilt and then the binding. I'm hoping to get it done today or tomorrow at the latest.

We've both had lots of cloudy, rainy weather this year! Today is sunny, but in the 20s...yesterday was in the 70s. :eek No way am I taking Miss Gracie for a walk in this cold wind. :lol

We're here to cheer you on, Linda! It sounds like you're nearly finished. :cheer

Hi to Nicole and Cara. :hi

I finished the RR over the weekend and need to finish one scarf that has turned into a Christmas present. Also, I think Mr. Penguin needs one more border row. :yes Now, if the pets will just allow me to have some crochet time. :hook

Dusti, your mittens and gloves look great!!:clap

...I had a wonderful time with DS. Being a busy Chiro and "socially active" it's hard to get sit-down time with him. It was great catching up...and my other gift, besides his presence, is an official MLB New York Yankee Jersey with the World Series patch on it, with my last name and #1 on the back. It's the women's version and it fits beautifully.

I'm on :c9

Dusti - The mittens and gloves look great! :clap

Mary - I hear you on that pets allowing us to get anything done. I'm gonna have to have BD keep Ghost occupied the next few nights so I can get something done :lol

Judy - Sounds like you had a wonderful time with DS :manyheart

...I had a wonderful time with DS. Being a busy Chiro and "socially active" it's hard to get sit-down time with him. It was great catching up...and my other gift, besides his presence, is an official MLB New York Yankee Jersey with the World Series patch on it, with my last name and #1 on the back. It's the women's version and it fits beautifully.

I'm on :c9

Your day sounds great! DS thought of the perfect gift.:)

Mary - I hear you on that pets allowing us to get anything done. I'm gonna have to have BD keep Ghost occupied the next few nights so I can get something done :lol

Just when I think Gracie will never settle down, she crawls in her bed or crate and snoozes...that's what she's doing now. :yes

The quilting is done. Now to trim it and put on the binding. I'm loving how the quilting has turned out.

Can't wait for pictures! :clap

I ended up not crocheting today, but did clean out the closet under the stairs. It has become my second craft room and I had to take some yarn and stuff upstairs. :blush It's just sooo easy to keep piling things in there. :lol

Have a good evening. :manyheart

I just finished taking the last stitches on the quilt. I'll take pictures tomorrow. It's too dark now. It's not perfect, but I'm happy with it. It's definitely a little boy's quilt.

Linda - Can't wait to see the new quilt! :cheer

Went to bed at just before 9 o'clock last night and here I am up early :lol

So I thought I'd come have post #17,000 here in the House :D

Boy, I talk too much :lol

Hmmm, wonder if I can crochet in peace being 3:30ish in the a.m. and Ghost will leave my yarn alone? :lol:cat

Good morning ladies :2hug

Yep, I'm still up. It's getting where six hours is plenty sleep for me these days.

And it is a seriously glorious day in the neighborhood today :D The temperature is just above freezing but it's nice and cozy in the house. Makes me feel all Christmasy and comfy and just wonderful! :c9

I've been on the go all week but today I get to stay home and work on Christmas projects :yay I still have to get the baskets for BDs folks all made up. I've been a total slacker on that :blush I wanted to add some more stuff but I ran out of eggs for the third time in 10 days. I knew I should've bought that big ol' box with 5 dozen eggs in it :lol

I still think they'll be great. I am going to try to remember to get some piccies of them all made up if I don't forget :yes

And if I can keep Ghost out of my tote I'm going to work some more on my older nephew's ghan :hook

I wish you all the happiest day possible :ghug

Good Morning, ladies. :)

I just finished taking the last stitches on the quilt. I'll take pictures tomorrow. It's too dark now. It's not perfect, but I'm happy with it. It's definitely a little boy's quilt.

Yay for finishing! :clap

Linda - Can't wait to see the new quilt! :cheer

Went to bed at just before 9 o'clock last night and here I am up early :lol

So I thought I'd come have post #17,000 here in the House :D

Boy, I talk too much :lol

Hmmm, wonder if I can crochet in peace being 3:30ish in the a.m. and Ghost will leave my yarn alone? :lol:cat

I was in bed at 9:30! Aren't we the party animals? :lol Wow! I forget to look at post numbers. :think

Cara congratulations on 17000 posts. you sure are a chatterbox :rofl

Hi Miss Wendy! Are you all ready for Christmas?

Good Morning, Judy. :)

Good Morning! 2010 WILL be the year I make my Casa! I did start it and I had already started another ghan from a book that actually is made with saltines. A long time ago I mentioned it. It's called Castle Walls.

Anyway, after Christmas I am going to work on one or both of these!

Archived