Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a quick note to let everyone know that my mom is fine. They're in the process of switching phone & internet providers, and the new internet won't be hooked up until sometime next week.

Thanks so much Joy - I was getting concerned.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!:hug

Hi! I hope everyone is having a good weekend. :)

Thanks for the information, Mary.
You are welcome! :hook

Just a quick note to let everyone know that my mom is fine. They're in the process of switching phone & internet providers, and the new internet won't be hooked up until sometime next week.

Hi Joy! Thanks so much...you know how much we miss her when she's gone for too long. :manyheart

Hi Dusti. Have you and the girls started your marathon baking yet? I hope you're staying warm. :yes

Today has been a busy one. We raked leaves this am and Gracie had school at 3:30. It's across from our largest mall...not fun traffic this time of year! I'm going to order yarn and a couple more gifts this evening. :D

:clap

Good late afternoon, ladies,

Nicole, I sent your squares, you should be getting them soon.

Mary, I love the colors too for the baby bedding.

Cara, how is the baking going? My sis is the baker in our family. Cookies, candies, etc. They go in coffee cans in the freezer 'til she is ready to assemble the trays. So good, but about all I can bake is a dump cake. lol

Dusti, my G-DIL just finished making some fingerless gloves. She says the office where whe is works is so cold they have a tough time on the computers. I sent her a book of crochet embellishments to decorate them with. She is making them up for her co-workers. I'm anxious to see yours.

Linda, looking forward to you being back on-line

I received some of my packages this week. Yarns were all on sale, and books were too. Some only .59 and .69....close out at Herrschners. Yay :cheer Still have a couple more coming.

Here's the yarn and books so far. Hope you all have a good rest of the weekend. TTYL, Diane

post-33556-135897484502_thumb.jpg

post-33556-135897484507_thumb.jpg

post-33556-135897484511_thumb.jpg

post-33556-135897484514_thumb.jpg

Hi Diane! Your yarn and pattern books are so much fun to see. :hook Thanks for the pictures. Do you already have your next afghans planned?

DH is grilling rib eyes for dinner...time for me to make a salad. :)

Judy ~ I absolutely love working with the Cotton Plus. It's soft and has a very slight sheen to it...it's 51% cotton and 49% acrylic. :think I haven't washed the "Jasie" ghan yet, but there are dozens of reviews at JoAnn's website and most people have only positive things to say about it.

Oooh that's one of those yarns I've been wanting to try but wanted to wait until someone I knew tried it :lol Think that'll be on my "to get" list :yes

Thanks for the update Joy :hug And how are you doing sweetie? :hug

Cara, how is the baking going? My sis is the baker in our family. Cookies, candies, etc. They go in coffee cans in the freezer 'til she is ready to assemble the trays. So good, but about all I can bake is a dump cake. lol

Oh I'm a very good baker, if I do say so myself. Always have been. Could never cook meals worth a darn until the last 6 or 7 years though. My momma always said I was simply more motivated by the sweeties :rofl

I received some of my packages this week. Yarns were all on sale, and books were too. Some only .59 and .69....close out at Herrschners. Yay :cheer Still have a couple more coming.

Here's the yarn and books so far. Hope you all have a good rest of the weekend. TTYL, Diane

Holy Mother Lode, Batman!! :eek I'm totally impressed and totally jealous too :lol Grats on all the great buys! :h5

Howdy gals :D

Well, the baking marathon is done :whew I'm exhausted and almost every little bit of me hurt when I got out of bed today but I'm limbering up nicely :lol

My biggest problem with it was keeping BD out of the finished product...and the dough :rolleyes Silly boy :lol It's nice to know he loves my baking so much though :manyheart

Today I have to package everything all up and put it in the baskets I got. Somehow I'm thinking I should've gotten the bigger baskets after all :lol

Now that the baking and candy making is all done I can work on my crochet in peace :c9:hook

Hello ladies, I've been reading here but haven't posted the last few days. My eyes are doing great now after the cataract surgery. Distance vision is perfect, will get some readers in a few weeks.

Linda-How are you doing on the Painted Desert ghan? I love that pattern.

Well, I have finished afghan #12 :yay and will start working on "Stepping Stones" next. Just ordered some yarn from Herrschners. All stuff on sale so I am stash building :yes Think these will be used for scarves and that will be my charity projects for next year.

Turning cold her, suppose to get down to 4 tonight. Thank goodness the furnace guy is here for routine maintenance.

Tootles, Diane

Hi, Diane. The Painted Desert is on hold until after the holidays.

I'm glad the surgery went well. And that afghan is absolutely gorgeous.

Yesterday did not go as planned, but it sure was a nice day. My dad called on Thursday night, and said he had Friday off from work. Did I want to meet him for brunch? Regardless of the fact we each had to drive 3 hours to meet half-way, I told him, "Sure!." We transferred the 3 bookcases he and my mom want for their new "library/television room" to their truck (since I have been married 11+ years and my brother has been married 3+ years, my folks have realized they do not need to keep our bedrooms for us any longer :lol.) from my collection of stored furniture, did a bit of Christmas shopping for my mom and my DH, had brunch, and then I had to hustle back home in time to collect the girls from school. What a fun, spur-of-the-minute outing. Yay for finishing up my shopping, though! Today, the girls are playing outside, and I am rearranging drawers and closets to accommodate wool sweaters, long underwear and tights. Waking up to -5 forced me to admit temps are not going to warm up enough for me to wear tank tops anytime in the near future. Time to break-out the hard-core winter wear :wbrr

Sounds like a wonderful time. -5! Oh dear. It got down to 28 this week and I was freezing. I've finally gotten acclimated to southern temps. :lol :lol

Today was school for Gracie and after missing last week because of Thanksgiving, she was definitely not at the top of the class. :lol

:lol :lol :lol

I really believe that we have a special bond here with lots of caring and respect. :) I often wish that my family had the same values...

Same here!

Repairman arrived at 4:30. Afraid it was a compressor, turned out to be a relay (guy talk...whatever). $21 for part, $65 for the man. Much cheaper than a new fridge. We were happily making ice again. And then......guess what. About 10:00 last night, rain, cold and 45-50 mph winds, knocked the power out. We quit making ice. :eek Went to bed early. Couldn't see to crochet, no tv, no computer. Egads what did we do in the good old days? Up this a.m. to find snow, more wind, but power is back on and we're making ice again. Life is good.:yes

Can't wait for mail delivery. I am expecting 8 packages some time this week. One is actually a Christmas present, one was ordered by DH, the rest are mine...pattern books and YARN, just what I needed.

Diane

must finish ornaments, must finish ornaments

Oh, lordy! That doesn't sound like a nice day. Glad the repairs weren't too bad. Sounds like you made a real haul on the yarn.

Having bit of a family crisis here the last couple of days. My BIL is in the hospital and he's quite ill. Started with cellulitis and seems it might be turning into kidney failure as well :( Plus, he has pancreatitis already and now that's failing.

My sister is not holding up real well with all this and on top of it she had to put their 16 yo boxer down this morning. They knew they would be doing that today. This was supposed to be the last weekend BIL could spend with his baby.

But other sister and I are getting ready to make an emergency prop up our sister visit just any moment now. After finishing up on the 'Ville real quick I'll be getting showered and will pack a bag to be ready to go on a moments notice if necessary.

Good vibes would be most appreciated right now. I'm actually pretty scared right now.

:hug:hug Coming your way. Prayers, too. :hug:hug

Okay, quick update....

I'm gonna have to make me a trip to beat a doctor I think :tryme He blew in last night saying the BILs trigylcerides (sp) were 4000. Well, that's a result from 2001 :irk They are still very high at 693 because the fool hasn't been taking his cholesterol meds. That's something that's gonna change but FAST!

And his sugar levels are elevated but he's actually improved some this morning thank goodness. He's not out of the woods yet but it's looking much better now.

I'm still gonna go pack my bags.

Good luck.

Thanks for the hugs, ladies. :manyheartMost days I deal with things just fine...

She just dragged her bed from the breakfast room into the den, crawled in and is sound asleep. :lol

:hug You're in my thoughts and prayers. :hug

Gracie's found a new trick! At least she's giving you some time to yourself that way.

I'm also beginning to be able to sympathize with you on the pet vs crochet issue. Ghost just insists on being held the minute I pick up my project :rolleyes

One more update on BIL for the day...

They got the results of the ultrasound he had this morning. He has a large mass on one of his kidneys :( They'll do a CT scan tomorrow to see what it is. But since his creatinine (sp...I'm gonna have to learn these fancy words) level is so high, they're saying it might well be a tumor and it's feeding off the nutrients. :worried That doesn't necessarily mean that it would be malignant though. Evidently benign tumors can do the same thing. We aren't speculating though. We'll just wait and see what happens.

I know just how very lucky I am to not have the issues some folks have with their families. Oh I have in the past when we were younger but I'm seriously attached to them now. Both my family and BDs. We're all very close and love each other very much. BIL is just a legal distinction in my mind. They're my brothers and I worry for them dreadfully.

Ghost sounds like she's related to Sarge.

Hopefully the tumor will turn out to benign and operable.

Ghost sounds just like my Jack. He's that way...not just when I crochet, but whenever I'm sitting down, he wants to purr and lay in my lap. That is, unless I want him to lay in my lap. Then, he wants to be left alone. Cats! :rolleyes

Jack sounds just like Sarge. :lol :lol :lol

Evening #2 of Gracie dragging her bed into the den from the breakfast room. :lol I had over an hour of uninterrupted crochet time! :cheer I love her so much, but have missed my crochet time when DH is gone. :yes The RR is nearly done and it sure felt good draped around me tonight.

It's been a while since I posted pictures, but all I have to show are pet pictures. :D The same night Gracie discovered she could get up on the couch, Zoe decided to try out Gracie's crate. :lol

The pictures are adorable!

Zoe may look like she's in charge, but only when the "Holy Terror" is asleep. :lol

I'm off to do some shopping. My list has things on opposite sides of the city, so there may be one more trip. DD and her DH have decided to name the little guy Luke. :c9 They are getting so excited and so is Grandma. :lol Here is the crib bedding they picked out. It's all reversible and also has a paisley crib skirt...or maybe she decided on the stripe. :think Anyway, the blues are great blues for finding yarn!

Love the crib stuff!

:clapDusti, my G-DIL just finished making some fingerless gloves. She says the office where whe is works is so cold they have a tough time on the computers. I sent her a book of crochet embellishments to decorate them with. She is making them up for her co-workers. I'm anxious to see yours.

Linda, looking forward to you being back on-line

I'm thinking that I need some fingerless gloves to keep my wrists warmer and maybe keep the arthritis calmed down a bit.

What a wonderful haul, Diane!

Obviously, I've been commenting as I've gotten caught up on the news for the last 10 days. Didn't want to forget anything. The Geek Squad guy was here this afternoon and got everything hooked up right so that the internet is again working. Switching carriers turned out to quite a big deal. We got Dish TV and when the cable for that went in, the we lost the phone and internet hookups. Got the phone back on Tuesday or Wednesday and now the internet. He also checked out all the nonworking computers and they are being recycled by Best Buy. We're getting a new laptop for Christmas to be the second home computer..

It's been cold all week and raining about half the time. My arthritis is giving me fits again. This morning every joint in my fingers hurt. All of a sudden Christmas is just around the corner and I am NOT ready. Ayden's quilt is about half quilted but I have to make a visit to the frog pond before going any farther. There's a really bad pucker on one side that has to be fixed. Rosie's RR is only about a fourth of the way done and some other projects aren't even started. Yikes! :eek

John will be out of town Monday through Wednesday this week on business and at the hunting lodge Friday through Sunday or Monday for the last hunt of the year. Then he's off work for the rest of the year. And I'll have some time off.

I think I've got everything bought for Christmas but I won't swear to it. I bought an Amaryllis bulb and some Paper Whites today. Having them is a sort of Christmas/New Year's tradition for me. I also picked up a necklace and earring set for Kim. And a BIG empty box to send everything to Joy and Ayden later this week. The quilt is turning out a lot bigger than I expected. Not to mention all the other things I've picked up for them. :lol :lol :lol

I've missed you all terribly and I'm really, really happy to be back with you. :hug

Linda try not to stress over finishing everything - anyone who knows and loves you will understand.

Feel better:hug:manyheart

Thanks, Judy. Christmas is just a really hard time for me.

BTW, I think I might've forgotten to drop in and say that BIL got out of the hospital on Friday afternoon :yes

That's wonderful! What are they doing about the tumor?

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

And it's especially good because our Linda is back! :manyheart We've missed you lots. :hug

Oooh that's one of those yarns I've been wanting to try but wanted to wait until someone I knew tried it :lol Think that'll be on my "to get" list :yes

I can't wait to get the blue that I ordered! Oh, I got it from Yarn and Thread by Lisa...she guarantees dye lots and it's cheaper that anywhere else.:yarn

BTW, I think I might've forgotten to drop in and say that BIL got out of the hospital on Friday afternoon :yes

That's great news! I hope he's all better soon.

Sorry - I know I'm missing some posts :blush, but it's been crazy around here this a.m. and I need to get going for an appointment. Will check back in this afternoon.

Archived