Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

:hi everyone.

Linda, hope the surgery is a success. Is John a good patient?

Mary, another Ducky? They are cute. :yes I really need to not stop in here, every time I do, I want to work on saltines. :lol I need to get presents finished first. :P

I have the feeling that John is going to be a lousy patient. He always wants to be in control of everything and being laid up and not able to everything he's used to doing is apt to drive him nuts. Like not being able to get Kim up in the night like usual. Or even getting himself up only with difficulty. And not being able to keep up with all his email and other work stuff. I'm hoping for the best, but not expecting it. Oh, well, we'll take it one day at a time.:P

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning, everyone. Happy Christmas Eve! John has taken Trouble to the groomer already this morning. It's sunshiny today and pretty breezy. Not as bad as last week, but the trees are swaying at a pretty good clip.

I'm sore today. I slipped on the stairs going down them last night and jarred my right shoulder and knee pretty good. And I banged up my right elbow pretty bad. I caught it between the railing and the wall, which kept me from taking a bad tumble, but it hurts. It's scraped up pretty good, swollen, and will probably be multicolored in a few days. But it works, so I know it's just banged up. Sigh! :sigh I can be such a clutz sometimes. :sigh

Have a good day. I'm going to the post office later this morning. Not sure what I'll be doing the rest of the day. Maybe just taking it easy.

Oh, boy - Linda I think taking it easy is what you should do today! I know all about tripping - I do that a lot because my mind is always flitting from thing to thing and I don't give my full attention to what's in front of me.

Gentle hugs....and I hope you ice your bruises if it helps...

Have a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day if I don't "see" you before that.:hug:manyheart

Thanks, Judy. I have to make a post office run today, but that's about all. I finally finished the second cream colored shawl yesterday. It's going out in the mail with a bunch of other packages. This pattern works up so very nicely. I've got two more started, one of which is for me done in Fisherman's Wool in Nature's Brown.

post-9295-135897488618_thumb.jpg

I love that pattern Linda! And in the Fisherman's wool that should be wonderful...great for those trips to the hunting lodge!

Is that a free pattern?

Hi Ladies. :) We are in the midst of a major wind and snow storm! :flakeIt's been snowing since about 8:30 with little accumulation...but the temp is falling and it's just starting to stick to things.

Linda ~ I'm so sorry about your fall. :hug And yes, men make lousy patients. :lol What a way to start the New Year!

Judy ~ The end of January sounds lots better than the end of December for a deadline. :yes

Hi Tracy! I hope you get all your presents done in time. :cheer How is the move going?

Linda ~ Your shawl is gorgeous! Thanks for the picture. :hook

:snow:wreath Merry Christmas to Shay and Selanda!

We are having the third ever-recorded white Christmas in the Fort Worth area. The winds are still 40-45 mph, but the snow stopped a couple of hours ago. Gracie has rolled in it, eaten it and played in it all day. :lol I've toweled her off at least a dozen times. :eek

I wish each of you a wonderful day tomorrow...however you celebrate the season! :manyheart

:clap

Hello ladies

I haven't posted in a few days, but have been reading.

Linda, sorry about your fall. I am a klutz as well. I was in the hospital earlier this year for 2 months. Had really bad leg infections...couldn't walk, had to have physical therapy and re-learn to walk. While in hospital, DH built a storage shed to put all our excess stuff in (had to make room in the house to manipulate my wheelchair. When I came home from the hospital, the first thing I wanted to do was view the new shed. I tried using my walker, got to the step of the shed (but I had never practiced going up a step) so.....:eek I fell up the step and into the shed. LOL Sat on my butt on the floor for about 1/2 an hour admiring my DH's handy work. (also contemplating how in the heck I was going to get off my a** and back on my feet. After much finagling between the two of us, I was able to get "rolling" again, but boy did my knees hurt. So, please, be careful and get the rest you need. Oh, BTW, the shawl is beautiful.:yes

Mary, sounds like Gracie had a blast in the snow. Our Addy loves the snow too, she just gets wild, wants in and out and just races thru the house. She sure hates the rain though.:lol

Judy, can't wait to see pictures of the baby bear ghan. Bet it will be cute.;)

Dusti, have a safe trip and enjoy your holidays.:hug

Mary, looking forward to pictures of your "animal crackers".:cheer

Nicole, good to see you even if it was a "drive by" post.:manyheart

To all of my new found friends here at the 'ville, it's been wonderful getting to know you and I thank you for letting me join you. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and stay safe and warm. See you all in a few days. :hook

Wow, Diane!:clap:clap

Mary, even my old lady Susie eats the snow and loves pushing her head into it! Both dogs get puppyish in the white stuff:lol

Enjoy the day, my friends!:hug:manyheart

:snow:wreath We are having the third ever-recorded white Christmas in the Fort Worth area. The winds are still 40-45 mph, but the snow stopped a couple of hours ago. Gracie has rolled in it, eaten it and played in it all day. :lol I've toweled her off at least a dozen times. :eek

I wish each of you a wonderful day tomorrow...however you celebrate the season! :manyheart

Sounds like Gracie was having a ball!

Hi again,

I did get all of my ornaments foofied, finally. Now it's on to the next project!.

Diane, they are absolutely wonderful! :cheer:yay:cheer

:2snowman:wreathMerry Christmas and Happy Holidays!:wreath:2snowman

I hope all of you have a wonderful day. :hug :hug :hug

I am listening to holiday music and getting ready to make a batch of blueberry waffles for Kim. It's overcast here and rained some last night, but isn't doing anything at the moment. I finished wrapping the last of the gifts last night about 11:00 pm. I still have one row to crochet on Rosie and John's RR. Then I'll have to hide the tails and wrap it up. Oops! That reminds me that I have Barbie outfits for their two GDs still to wrap, too. :lol I'm getting closer to done anyway. :lol

Hi Ladies. :)

Hi again,

I did get all of my ornaments foofied, finally. Now it's on to the next project!.

Diane, your ornaments are lovely. :hook

Wow, Diane!:clap:clap

Mary, even my old lady Susie eats the snow and loves pushing her head into it! Both dogs get puppyish in the white stuff:lol

Enjoy the day, my friends!:hug:manyheart

They really are entertaining! :lol The winds were 40 -50 mph yesterday, so I couldn't get any pictures.

:2snowman:wreathMerry Christmas and Happy Holidays!:wreath:2snowman

I hope all of you have a wonderful day. :hug :hug :hug

I am listening to holiday music and getting ready to make a batch of blueberry waffles for Kim. It's overcast here and rained some last night, but isn't doing anything at the moment. I finished wrapping the last of the gifts last night about 11:00 pm. I still have one row to crochet on Rosie and John's RR. Then I'll have to hide the tails and wrap it up. Oops! That reminds me that I have Barbie outfits for their two GDs still to wrap, too. :lol I'm getting closer to done anyway. :lol

I need to remember to make waffles...yours always sound so good! Can't wait to hear about Rosie's reaction when she opens the RR. :yes

We were able to drive to DD's this afternoon by staying off the interstate and avoiding big bridges. :cheer My parents and sister didn't try to make the two hour drive. (The ice is about gone as of late afternoon, but we still have some snow.) We had a wonderful visit and late lunch and they absolutely loved the UT and TCU baby round ripples. :D I bought 6 month size T-shirts with the logos on the front to go with the 'ghans. :c9

Have a good evening!:manyheart

Good Morning! :) It was about 20 when I got up, but the snow will be gone by this afternoon. It's been fun to have a White Christmas in North Texas. :yes

Selanda ~ I missed your post :blush...I hope you've had a great Christmas!

I am making progress on the "Animals" baby ghan. It's a great pattern that starts in the center, but is a square ghan. There are lots of post stitches, so the yarn is going fast...but I ordered extra so am not getting nervous. :lol

Have a good day, everyone. :manyheart

Good Morning! :) It was about 20 when I got up, but the snow will be gone by this afternoon. It's been fun to have a White Christmas in North Texas. :yes

Selanda ~ I missed your post :blush...I hope you've had a great Christmas!

I am making progress on the "Animals" baby ghan. It's a great pattern that starts in the center, but is a square ghan. There are lots of post stitches, so the yarn is going fast...but I ordered extra so am not getting nervous. :lol

Have a good day, everyone. :manyheart

Hi! I put that pattern book on my AMazon list - all of the baby patterns in it look good.

Happy hooking!:hook

Hello Ladies!

It's been so long since I've been in here. Life got busy and I haven't been able to keep up in the boards. :lol

I need to finish my Geo quilt and I have another one graphed out I want to start when I get the geo finished.

Hello Ladies!

It's been so long since I've been in here. Life got busy and I haven't been able to keep up in the boards. :lol

I need to finish my Geo quilt and I have another one graphed out I want to start when I get the geo finished.

Hi Heather! It's so good to see you again. :manyheart Please share pictures! :yes

Hi Heather! It's so good to see you again. :manyheart Please share pictures! :yes

I will. I thought I had a photo of where I'm at on it but I guess it's not on my computer anymore. :think Oh well when I get it out again I'll take another photo of it. :yes

Hi, everyone. I'm finally home for the day. Rosie called at 8:30 am to see if I wanted to go shopping with her. We headed out about 20 minutes later for the North Georgia Outlet Mall. We spent about 3 hours or so there, then had lunch and headed back towards home. Stopped at a thrift shop and at WM and made it home at 3:30 pm. Brought in my loot, took my pills, collected a gift card John had given me for Coldwater Creek and headed back to the outlet mall. They had everything at 50% or more off the lowest marked price. It took me 2 hours of trying on stuff, but I ended up with 4 long-sleeved turtle-neck shirts, one long-sleeved brown & gold shirt, a 3/4 length-sleeved knit over top, a short-sleeved v-neck black sweater top, and 2 pairs of earrings for $100. I really stretched my money out. Made two more mall stops, had supper at Cici's pizza, and am now home for the night. I'm tired but happy with my day's accomplishments. :D

Heather ~ Looking forward to pictures. :hook How is your daughter?

Linda ~ What a great shopping day! We have a Coldwater Creek store and it is one of my favorite places to shop. :yes

Two more rows on the baby ghan and then on to the animal section.:c9 This evening I'm making saltines because it's late and Gracie is on a roll. :yes We still have some snow and I made a (very) small snowman today...she knocked it over and ate most of the snow.:lol

Heather ~ Looking forward to pictures. :hook How is your daughter?

Linda ~ What a great shopping day! We have a Coldwater Creek store and it is one of my favorite places to shop. :yes

Two more rows on the baby ghan and then on to the animal section.:c9 This evening I'm making saltines because it's late and Gracie is on a roll. :yes We still have some snow and I made a (very) small snowman today...she knocked it over and ate most of the snow.:lol

Way to go, Gracie!

It was sunny when I woke up this morning, but it's starting to cloud over now. At least it's warmed up quite a bit. Trouble's playing chase with her new toys. She brings to me to throw and then tears across the room after them. Eventually she brings them back and puts them in my lap to be thrown again. :dog

Merry Christmas EHH ladies. :hug Hope you all had a lovely day.

Mary, we moved the last of our things in on Sunday and this week we have just been pottering around unpacking little things and arranging things. The whole flat needs to be painted, so I don't want to unpack the crates of crafting supplies in case they get damaged during the painting. :lol I want to get the painting done soon as well because we want to get a kitten or cat. :c9

Hi Ladies. :)

Linda ~ Trouble sounds like a smartie...maybe she can teach Gracie to bring things back 'cause we aren't having much luck so far. :lol

Tracy ~ Yay for having everything moved! :clap Wish we were closer so we could have a painting party. :yes We've had lots of experience - of course I have more paint on me than the walls. :D How great that you'll finally be able to have a pet. :manyheart

Didn't leave the house today, but got lots done and even crocheted for two whole hours this afternoon. :hook

Hi, Tracy. I've had more experience with hanging wallpaper than with painting, but I'd be glad to lend a hand.

I finished Rosie and John's RR this afternoon and took it over to them. They were thrilled and the colors match their sun room beautifully.

post-9295-135897489529_thumb.jpg

My other big accomplishment today was figuring how to get the DVD player hooked into the cable system in the guest bedroom so that we can use both. It only took me about 20 or 30 minutes and it WORKED!!!! :bounce:bounce I'm so pleased with myself! :bow I called John and told him and he was very pleased, too. :bounce

Archived