Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Good morning ladies :2hug

No day out today :no It's the first of the month week for my sister and she has to close her books. Guess I'll just have to find some other way to keep myself entertained :hook

So I was going over my Christmas To Do list this morning and realized that once again I'm going a bit overboard. :blush I do this every time :lol So, a bunch of things are getting struck off the list and saved for another time. That'll save me some serious stress :lol

I think what I have left is a one color afghan, pot holders and hot pads that my sister requested and a purse for my niece maybe and that's it. If I really work at it I could have all that done in a week :hook I won't count on it but it could happen :lol

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cara - The tree lighting was Wednesday night. It wasn't all that great. His voice sounded fabulous as usual, but it seemed like he was waiting on the band to catch up. He was brilliant on Live with Regis & Kelly though. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

Judy - The bookmark is gorgeous!

I hope I didn't miss anyone!

Here's a pic of the thread bookmark I made (it's not as crooked as the angle I took the pic might indicate)

And the Peppermint Swirl I was gifted by Tampa Doll (aka Mary Jo)

Lovely, Judy! Congrats on receiving one of Tampa Doll's special totes.

It's mostly cloudy at this point and chilly and windy. Kim appears to be coming down with a cold. Rats! She's got a drippy nose and is sounds congested, although the extra breathing treatment I gave her yesterday seems to have helped a lot.

I read and cooked yesterday and that's about it. Today I really need to try to accomplish something, although my ambition is minimal so far. We'll see how the day progresses I guess. Maybe I'll work on the RR.

Did inspiration strike and give you some motivation for the day? Worrying about Kim could not have helped. How is she doing? Could you give another dose of the breathing treatment to clear up the congestion? Sounds scary, but I hope it clears quickly.

I finished :yay I have not finished the letter to accompany this gift, but I can work on it, once the girls go to bed this evening. My friend is so very special to me, and this is her first baby, so I have been crocheting outfits like crazy for the little dolly. She's not even here, yet, but I am having a great time spoiling her :D My goal was a new outfit for each month of her first year. So far, I have completed 5, but this romper and jacket is, by far, my favorite.

post-20536-135897480453_thumb.jpg

post-20536-135897480458_thumb.jpg

I love it. :yes I even like the color you used for the set. Where did you get the pattern? I'd like to make one "just in case" my married son ever has a child. I only have 3 boys, no girls, so I'm waiting (but not in any hurry) for a grandgirl to spoil rotten. Or even a boy. I don't care, just as long as I can spoil them. :lol:yes

Lovely, Judy! Congrats on receiving one of Tampa Doll's special totes.

Did inspiration strike and give you some motivation for the day? Worrying about Kim could not have helped. How is she doing? Could you give another dose of the breathing treatment to clear up the congestion? Sounds scary, but I hope it clears quickly.

I finished :yay I have not finished the letter to accompany this gift, but I can work on it, once the girls go to bed this evening. My friend is so very special to me, and this is her first baby, so I have been crocheting outfits like crazy for the little dolly. She's not even here, yet, but I am having a great time spoiling her :D My goal was a new outfit for each month of her first year. So far, I have completed 5, but this romper and jacket is, by far, my favorite.

Good Evening, Ladies. :)

Mary ~ Yummy breads!! I do the same thing. Last weekend, I found little bread pans at Michael's for $1/each, and I stocked up on a dozen to give this year. Your days without DH must have flown by quickly. Will he be home through the weekend? What are you making for Dear Grandbaby?? Have you had time to crochet? Hope DD is feeling well!

I need about 20 minutes more, and the cutest romper and jacket I have ever made will be finished! I will have to take a picture, because I am just so proud of it :blush After that, I need to pen the letter to accompany the romper, so I cannot play on the computer for too long, today.

Have a good one, Everyone :manyheart

Hi Dusti! I used the Michael's pans last year, so decided not to this year. :lol Yes, DH got home this evening and will be here until next Monday. Gracie is definitely a Daddy's girl, so when he's here in his office she stays occupied with him and I actually get things done! ;) I'm waiting until DD decides on crib bedding to make the "Animals" ghan from A Year of Baby Afghans book...it's all one color. :c9

Here's a pic of the thread bookmark I made (it's not as crooked as the angle I took the pic might indicate)

And the Peppermint Swirl I was gifted by Tampa Doll (aka Mary Jo)

Judy ~ Both are absolutely wonderful! :clap

Yep, we're even supposed to get 2" of snow tomorrow :eek I told all you Northern gals to keep that nonsense up there :lol

Yep, just saw on the news that you may be getting some! They said it would probably stay south of us. It sure is cold here, though. :yes

It's adorable, Dusti! Beautiful work. :c9

I love it. :yes I even like the color you used for the set. Where did you get the pattern? I'd like to make one "just in case" my married son ever has a child. I only have 3 boys, no girls, so I'm waiting (but not in any hurry) for a grandgirl to spoil rotten. Or even a boy. I don't care, just as long as I can spoil them. :lol:yes

Hi Pat!

Linda ~ I hope things are okay and that Kim doesn't get worse. :hug

Nicole ~ I watched the tree lighting show, too. Coincidentally, DD told me that they really like Michael, too...so I have another idea for Christmas. :D

I finished. :D My goal was a new outfit for each month of her first year. So far, I have completed 5, but this romper and jacket is, by far, my favorite.

Actually, I did laundry and dishes and stuff today. She was a little less congested today, but her nose is still drippy. I cancelled some plans for the weekend though. Tonight I went to HL and bought more bent quilter's safety pins and clippies for the edge. I looked at the material for the back of the quilt and realized I didn't buy enough of it. Rosie gave me a great idea on how to fix it, so now I can move ahead with it.

That is a beautiful outfit you made, Dusti. And an outfit a month is a really ambitious goal. You're awesome! :nworthy

Dusti - The set is gorgeous! Your work is absolutely beautiful.

Pat - Hi! Haven't seen you around in awhile. I hope you're doing well.

Linda - Hopefully Kim is quickly on the mend. :yes

Mary - Hurray for another Christmas gift idea for DD. I hope my mom has picked up on my Michael Buble hints. :lol

So, I'm all excited again! I received one of the gingerbread potholders from the monthly give away Missmaxx does. It was a lovely surprise when I got home.

I went to the candlelight service for bereaved parents this evening. It's a yearly thing for Christmas. It's nice to be able to remember my kiddos, but it's an emotionally exhausting event, too.

I hope you all have a great evening! :manyheart

Linda - Hopefully Kim is quickly on the mend. :yes

I went to the candlelight service for bereaved parents this evening. It's a yearly thing for Christmas. It's nice to be able to remember my kiddos, but it's an emotionally exhausting event, too.

Hi, Nicole. With luck she won't get real sick this time. It helps to have some extra meds in the mix to help her out.

You are in my thoughts and prayers this holiday season. :hug Missing little ones is always hard, but especially so on holidays. :hug

Hi, Nicole. With luck she won't get real sick this time. It helps to have some extra meds in the mix to help her out.

You are in my thoughts and prayers this holiday season. :hug Missing little ones is always hard, but especially so on holidays. :hug

Thanks, Linda! :manyheart

Good morning everyone!

Cara - The tree lighting was Wednesday night. It wasn't all that great. His voice sounded fabulous as usual, but it seemed like he was waiting on the band to catch up. He was brilliant on Live with Regis & Kelly though. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

Well that's why I couldn't find it :lol

Oh, forgot one thing -

I'm jealous of all of the snow y'all are getting. I'm in Indiana for the love of goodness and haven't received even a snowflake!!! :angry I love snow and I'm ready for it already.

We're supposed to be 2" of snow today. Uh-huh. I'll believe it when I see it :yes

O.M.G.! I love that! :drool Excellent job Dusti:clap

I sure hope she doesn't get too sick either. Hopefully, it's just a mild cold :hug

Good morning ladies :yawn

Oh dear. I stayed up entirely too late last night. And I napped in my seat most of the day yesterday. Dunno why I was so tired :shrug But then I couldn't sleep.

Right now I think I'm going back to bed. I can barely keep my eyes open :tired

Have a great day everyone :ghug

Hi, everyone. John is on his way to the hunting lodge for the weekend and Kim and I are staying here. It's cold and I guess they're predicting that we could get some snow tomorrow. Brrrrr!!!!! We're going to switch to Direct TV and the guy is here now working on installing it. I've been reading mostly today. I'm cold and when I'm cold I have absolutely no ambition to accomplish anything. Oh, well. Take care.

:clap

Hello ladies, I've been reading here but haven't posted the last few days. My eyes are doing great now after the cataract surgery. Distance vision is perfect, will get some readers in a few weeks.

Dusti-That baby outfit is adorable. Love the colors too.

Nicole-Are you still collecting 6" and 12" squares? If so, whenever I finish an afghan, before I put the stuff away, I will make a square for you.

Linda-How are you doing on the Painted Desert ghan? I love that pattern.

Judy-Nice job on the bookmark. I love bookmarks and that one is really sweet.

Cara-Your Mark Twain quote is great.

Well, I have finished afghan #12 :yay and will start working on "Stepping Stones" next. Just ordered some yarn from Herrschners. All stuff on sale so I am stash building :yes Think these will be used for scarves and that will be my charity projects for next year.

Turning cold her, suppose to get down to 4 tonight. Thank goodness the furnace guy is here for routine maintenance.

Time to get comfy and grab my hook. :hook

Tootles, Diane

post-33556-135897481117_thumb.jpg

post-33556-135897481121_thumb.jpg

Awww :blush, thanks for all of your compliments, My Friends :ghug I was just so happy with the romper pattern and how it worked up on my hook, that I had to share. I loved doing it, and it only took a week. Little clothing is so satisfying, because I can finish it in a jiffy. For those of you that asked, I got the pattern from the Leisure Arts booklet titled Tender Touch Layettes. I used Bernat Baby Coordinates yarn in Iced Mint and Bernat Softee Baby in pink for the roses. My friend is not "girly," and asked that I temper my use of pink and ruffles :lol My house is FULL of the former, so it is tough, but I did my best. The roses are pink, but the little baby needs to be dressed a little bit like a girl, even if her mommy prefers bold solids, right?!?

If only I could find something similar for little boys... I do not want to make another little boy afghan for my friend who is having her 3rd son, but the only patterns I have found are rather...wimpy-looking. That may not be quite right, but I would just love something comfy and boy-ish. If you have any suggestions, please share them!

Hi, Nicole. You are in my thoughts and prayers this holiday season. :hug Missing little ones is always hard, but especially so on holidays. :hug

Amen. Thinking of you :hug

Wow, Diane. Another stunning afghan! Love it. If that is how you 'recover' after surgery, there is no way I could keep up with you when you are functioning at 100% ;) Did you get your furnace tuned-up and firing perfectly? Temps dipped below 0-degrees for the first time this season over the past week, and our furnace is getting in shape for the winter ahead.

Yesterday did not go as planned, but it sure was a nice day. My dad called on Thursday night, and said he had Friday off from work. Did I want to meet him for brunch? Regardless of the fact we each had to drive 3 hours to meet half-way, I told him, "Sure!." We transferred the 3 bookcases he and my mom want for their new "library/television room" to their truck (since I have been married 11+ years and my brother has been married 3+ years, my folks have realized they do not need to keep our bedrooms for us any longer :lol.) from my collection of stored furniture, did a bit of Christmas shopping for my mom and my DH, had brunch, and then I had to hustle back home in time to collect the girls from school. What a fun, spur-of-the-minute outing. Yay for finishing up my shopping, though! Today, the girls are playing outside, and I am rearranging drawers and closets to accommodate wool sweaters, long underwear and tights. Waking up to -5 forced me to admit temps are not going to warm up enough for me to wear tank tops anytime in the near future. Time to break-out the hard-core winter wear :wbrr

Hope you are having a good weekend!

Well, I have finished afghan #12 :yay and will start working on "Stepping Stones" next. Just ordered some yarn from Herrschners. All stuff on sale so I am stash building :yes Think these will be used for scarves and that will be my charity projects for next year.

Turning cold her, suppose to get down to 4 tonight. Thank goodness the furnace guy is here for routine maintenance.

Tootles, Diane

Oh :drool :drool!! You make the most gorgeous ghans! :clap

Dusti - Oh what a great outing!! I love those spur of the moment things. I have a nephew that likes that sort of thing and he loves his auntie. He came over the other day for the majority of the day. I got nothing done that day as a result but we had a great visit :manyheart

I ended up sleeping until 6:00 last night :eek But I was back in bed by 4:30 this morning :lol Guess this chilly weather is making me want to snuggle up :c9

BD said we did get snow yesterday. When I woke up and looked out the window there wasn't a sign of it. Not even any dampness. He said it snowed pretty steady for about an hour and a half then the sun came out directly after and any accumulation was gone in about 10 minutes flat :lol That is snow in Texas :D

But I guess that was our cold snap because next week they're saying it's going to be back up into the high 50s to the low 70s! :eek That oughta confuse our HVAC system :rofl

Anyway....I finished up December's scarf yesterday. Just have to stay awake enough to photograph it. :yawn I wanted to sleep later but the cats just weren't having that :lol

And I'm using the same stitch for the one color ghan for my other nephew's GF. It's a stitch my sister made a ghan for our mother out of oh about 20, 22 years ago. She doesn't use patterns so it's taken me this long to figure out what she'd done :lol

Okay, that's enough rambling for now :D

:clap

Nicole-Are you still collecting 6" and 12" squares? If so, whenever I finish an afghan, before I put the stuff away, I will make a square for you.

Tootles, Diane

I am still collection squares. I'm darn close to having enough to finish my friendshipghan! I would love one from you, too! :manyheart

Afghan #12 is gorgeous! :drool Thanks for sharing.

Awww :blush, thanks for all of your compliments, My Friends :ghug I was just so happy with the romper pattern and how it worked up on my hook, that I had to share. I loved doing it, and it only took a week. Little clothing is so satisfying, because I can finish it in a jiffy. For those of you that asked, I got the pattern from the Leisure Arts booklet titled Tender Touch Layettes. I used Bernat Baby Coordinates yarn in Iced Mint and Bernat Softee Baby in pink for the roses. My friend is not "girly," and asked that I temper my use of pink and ruffles :lol My house is FULL of the former, so it is tough, but I did my best. The roses are pink, but the little baby needs to be dressed a little bit like a girl, even if her mommy prefers bold solids, right?!?

If only I could find something similar for little boys... I do not want to make another little boy afghan for my friend who is having her 3rd son, but the only patterns I have found are rather...wimpy-looking. That may not be quite right, but I would just love something comfy and boy-ish. If you have any suggestions, please share them!

Amen. Thinking of you :hug

Wow, Diane. Another stunning afghan! Love it. If that is how you 'recover' after surgery, there is no way I could keep up with you when you are functioning at 100% ;) Did you get your furnace tuned-up and firing perfectly? Temps dipped below 0-degrees for the first time this season over the past week, and our furnace is getting in shape for the winter ahead.

Yesterday did not go as planned, but it sure was a nice day. My dad called on Thursday night, and said he had Friday off from work. Did I want to meet him for brunch? Regardless of the fact we each had to drive 3 hours to meet half-way, I told him, "Sure!." We transferred the 3 bookcases he and my mom want for their new "library/television room" to their truck (since I have been married 11+ years and my brother has been married 3+ years, my folks have realized they do not need to keep our bedrooms for us any longer :lol.) from my collection of stored furniture, did a bit of Christmas shopping for my mom and my DH, had brunch, and then I had to hustle back home in time to collect the girls from school. What a fun, spur-of-the-minute outing. Yay for finishing up my shopping, though! Today, the girls are playing outside, and I am rearranging drawers and closets to accommodate wool sweaters, long underwear and tights. Waking up to -5 forced me to admit temps are not going to warm up enough for me to wear tank tops anytime in the near future. Time to break-out the hard-core winter wear :wbrr

Hope you are having a good weekend!

Thanks for the thoughts! I'm actually doing pretty well with everything this year so far. It's year number six so I should be a pro by now. :lol I'll keep the boy items in my thoughts for you. If I come up with anything, I'll let you know!

Dusti - Oh what a great outing!! I love those spur of the moment things. I have a nephew that likes that sort of thing and he loves his auntie. He came over the other day for the majority of the day. I got nothing done that day as a result but we had a great visit :manyheart

I ended up sleeping until 6:00 last night :eek But I was back in bed by 4:30 this morning :lol Guess this chilly weather is making me want to snuggle up :c9

BD said we did get snow yesterday. When I woke up and looked out the window there wasn't a sign of it. Not even any dampness. He said it snowed pretty steady for about an hour and a half then the sun came out directly after and any accumulation was gone in about 10 minutes flat :lol That is snow in Texas :D

But I guess that was our cold snap because next week they're saying it's going to be back up into the high 50s to the low 70s! :eek That oughta confuse our HVAC system :rofl

Anyway....I finished up December's scarf yesterday. Just have to stay awake enough to photograph it. :yawn I wanted to sleep later but the cats just weren't having that :lol

And I'm using the same stitch for the one color ghan for my other nephew's GF. It's a stitch my sister made a ghan for our mother out of oh about 20, 22 years ago. She doesn't use patterns so it's taken me this long to figure out what she'd done :lol

Okay, that's enough rambling for now :D

We still haven't received any snow! I'm in Indiana for the love of goodness. It has finally gotten cold though. The high today was right around freezing. Snow should be coming soon I would think!

Hi to anyone I might have missed. I have to get going on my Christmas cards. I have some that have to be received by the 15th. Hope you all are well. :hug

Archived