Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

I adore the man myself! I'm a member of his fan club. So, I had access to pre-sale tickets. :D I love all of the rat pack guys including Dean Martin. I'd pick Sinatra as my "old-time fav" though.

I've found folks either love or hate Sinatra. Gotta put me in the "hate" column :lol I never have liked him. Love just about everyone else from that era but not Sinatra :no

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi, Cara. Glad to hear that you're feeling better. The house is smelling wonderful already. I think I've got enough beans to feed an army. The ones I put on for the ham bone soup have swelled up way more than I thought they would. It's a good thing that I got out two hunks of ham. Now to figure out what pot to cook them in, as the one with the beans won't hold everything. :lol :lol

Ham! :oops That's what I *must* do today. I've gotta take all the meat off the ham and freeze it all if it hasn't already started to turn since Thanksgiving. Our fridge gets really, really cold though. Sometimes the milk freezes! :eek I probably should turn it down once summer's gone :lol

Hooray for SDR :clap When the anniversary? I know about those insurance companies :ohdear I answered less questions and had less grief getting a mortgage than trying to get life insurance and then they turned me down :irk Idiots.

Today...42 years:manyheart

We're just back from getting my new camera....need to do some things around the house before playing, though - that'll be my reward for cleaning:lol

We're just back from getting my new camera....need to do some things around the house before playing, though - that'll be my reward for cleaning:lol

You're going to clean on your anniversary?!? :eek I use every little holiday I can to get out of things. Very popular around here is Groundhog Day pizza :lol

You're going to clean on your anniversary?!? :eek I use every little holiday I can to get out of things. Very popular around here is Groundhog Day pizza :lol

trust me - I get my days off:lol

Besides...before putting the Christmas stuff up I needed to do that. Even I have standards:lol

Hi everyone. :) We had snow this morning! It was enough to cover up the grass and bushes, but didn't stick to the roads. Gracie barked at it and then tried to catch it. :lol It's about gone now, but sure was beautiful while it lasted. :yes

Happy Anniversary to Judy and SDR! :manyheart Congratulations on your new camera.

Linda ~ I bet your house smells wonderful! I remember my grandpa going squirrel hunting and my grandma cooking them...I think I'll pass. :D

Hi Dusti ~ Way to go on nearly finishing your projects. :clap

Cara ~ So glad you're better today. :hug

Nicole ~ I just heard on TV that Michael Buble will be on the Rockefeller tree lighting show tonight. :)

I've been baking quick breads (Zucchini/Pineapple and Sour Cream Banana) today-6 small loaves of each. Each year, I give them to neighbors, our mail lady, etc. They're all cooled and in the freezer for now. Gracie is sound asleep, so am going to crochet for a while. :hook

I've found folks either love or hate Sinatra. Gotta put me in the "hate" column :lol I never have liked him. Love just about everyone else from that era but not Sinatra :no

Understandable! :yes I like the younger Sinatra...liked him less as he got older

Today...42 years:manyheart

Happy Anniversary to Judy and SDR!!! I hope it's a great day.

:rofl

Hi everyone. :) We had snow this morning! It was enough to cover up the grass and bushes, but didn't stick to the roads. Gracie barked at it and then tried to catch it. :lol It's about gone now, but sure was beautiful while it lasted. :yes

Nicole ~ I just heard on TV that Michael Buble will be on the Rockefeller tree lighting show tonight. :)

I've been baking quick breads (Zucchini/Pineapple and Sour Cream Banana) today-6 small loaves of each. Each year, I give them to neighbors, our mail lady, etc. They're all cooled and in the freezer for now. Gracie is sound asleep, so am going to crochet for a while. :hook

Yep, MB was on Live with Regis & Kelly this morning, too (that show is currently sitting on my dvr waiting for me to watch). I am also all set to record Christmas at Rockefeller center. He's been all over the place lately doing PR for the album and tour. It has been lovely! :manyheart

Yummy about the breads! Love them so...one of my true weaknesses.

Happy Anniversary to Judy and SDR! :manyheart Congratulations on your new camera.

Linda ~ I bet your house smells wonderful! I remember my grandpa going squirrel hunting and my grandma cooking them...I think I'll pass. :D

SNOW! :eek Don't send it here, please.

Happy Anniversary, Judy and SDR!!! Congratulations on the new camera.

Mary, your breads sound yummy. I make cherry nut bread at Christmas time.

The house smells wonderful. The bean/ham soup is ready and tastes yummy. I don't have to adjust the seasonings one bit.

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone!:hug

...and I've been playing with the new camera...it's awesome! I can't wait to try out the movie feature so I can record my furbabies:)

Judy ~ Belated Happy Anniversary wishes to you and SDR :manyheart Your new camera sounds like such a fun present. Enjoy playing :)

Cara ~ So glad to read you are feeling better. I am sorry your latest project-in-mind did not cooperate, but I do like your theory that that means more crocheting time to work out the kinks (or come up with something completely different). Hope you are able to keep the headache at bay, and that your sinus issues clear up, soon.

Linda ~ Sounds as though you are making great strides on Ayden's quilt. Yaaay! Your soups sounded wonderful! We only had squirrel in stew once, as Kyri actually shot one as DH was teaching her to aim a gun :lol I have no real opinion, its flavor was masked by the bay leaf and thyme I had in the broth, and simmering any meat in the crockpot takes the starch out of most game ;) I'd eat it again, but I would rather she target practice on something a little bigger next time :P

Nicole ~ Great job on reserving your tickets to see Michael Buble. I can see how difficult it is going to be to wait until the concert :yes

Mary ~ Yummy breads!! I do the same thing. Last weekend, I found little bread pans at Michael's for $1/each, and I stocked up on a dozen to give this year. Your days without DH must have flown by quickly. Will he be home through the weekend? What are you making for Dear Grandbaby?? Have you had time to crochet? Hope DD is feeling well!

I need about 20 minutes more, and the cutest romper and jacket I have ever made will be finished! I will have to take a picture, because I am just so proud of it :blush After that, I need to pen the letter to accompany the romper, so I cannot play on the computer for too long, today.

Have a good one, Everyone :manyheart

Hi, Dusti! The outfit sounds adorable. Can't wait to see pictures.

It's mostly cloudy at this point and chilly and windy. Kim appears to be coming down with a cold. Rats! She's got a drippy nose and is sounds congested, although the extra breathing treatment I gave her yesterday seems to have helped a lot.

I read and cooked yesterday and that's about it. Today I really need to try to accomplish something, although my ambition is minimal so far. We'll see how the day progresses I guess. Maybe I'll work on the RR.

Here's a pic of the thread bookmark I made (it's not as crooked as the angle I took the pic might indicate)

And the Peppermint Swirl I was gifted by Tampa Doll (aka Mary Jo)

post-8552-135897480317_thumb.jpg

post-8552-13589748032_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic of the thread bookmark I made (it's not as crooked as the angle I took the pic might indicate)

Those are way cool, Judy.

Yep, we're even supposed to get 2" of snow tomorrow :eek I told all you Northern gals to keep that nonsense up there :lol

OH! I'm gonna have to try to remember to watch that. :yes

Mmmmm ! :drool Now that'll be a good idea for me to do with the extra cookies I always end up with at Christmas. Give some to the mailman. Better than me eating them :lol

Last weekend, I found little bread pans at Michael's for $1/each, and I stocked up on a dozen to give this year.

[...]

I need about 20 minutes more, and the cutest romper and jacket I have ever made will be finished! I will have to take a picture, because I am just so proud of it :blush After that, I need to pen the letter to accompany the romper, so I cannot play on the computer for too long, today.

I love those little ceramic pans at Michael's! I bought two last year that I didn't end up using. One holds my Sweet n' Low and the other holds Tuon's syringes :lol They work really great for it and they have chickens on them like my kitchen stuff :lol Can't wait to see the photos of the romper set! :cheer

It's mostly cloudy at this point and chilly and windy. Kim appears to be coming down with a cold. Rats! She's got a drippy nose and is sounds congested, although the extra breathing treatment I gave her yesterday seems to have helped a lot.

I read and cooked yesterday and that's about it. Today I really need to try to accomplish something, although my ambition is minimal so far. We'll see how the day progresses I guess. Maybe I'll work on the RR.

Oh dear :( Poor Kim and poor you having the extra work and worry over it :hug :hug I hope your day goes well :hug

Beautiful bookmark! :clap Oh and what a cute bag! Those 'Ville bags of hers are very smart :yes

Archived