Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Good Morning, ladies. :) I've missed being here lately, but there's been lots going on. A very special friend is in ICU, so we've been helping out her DH. MIL isn't doing well, so spending more time there. I've caught up on reading posts this a.m. and love hearing about what everyone is doing, even if I haven't posted. :ghug

Tomorrow is DD's birthday, so DH and I are taking her to lunch. They're spending Thanksgiving with her DH's family and we're driving to my sister's. Ought to be interesting...Gracie will have to be on her leash all day. They don't allow any fences where she lives. :( Maybe we'll just stay home and enjoy the day. ;)

Off to the shower and then the store. Have a good morning! :manyheart

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies :2hug

Linda - Grats on the finish!! I can't wait to see the photo :D

Mary - Oh dear what a time you're having of late :hug Bless your little heart :hug I'm with you. I think I'd just stay home and enjoy the day :yes

I finished my sister's afghan just before 6 this morning :dance I couldn't go to bed because I was just to close to finishing :blush I kept falling asleep while I was working on it though so I did have a couple of cat naps.

Now to decide if I'm gonna have a little nap after BD goes to work or if I'm just going to stay awake. I'm thinking I'll just stay up :yes

Mary, a very Happy Birthday to your DD. Good luck with MIL, too.

Good morning! It's supposed to get warmer today and clear off, but it hasn't happened yet. I'm hoping for better weather this afternoon. I got a good picture of the table runner. I'm working on the pattern as a square block that could be used to build a cuddle ghan or bigger. I just got frustrated with the program and had to take a break. The binding is the same material as the center panel.

post-9295-135897476593_thumb.jpg

Okay. I think I've got it. This is the pattern that they call the "candle holder" in the Williamsburg Collection in the Dec. 2009 issue of the Crochet World magazine converted to a crochet pattern. post-9295-135897476619_thumb.jpg The corners are 3 saltines by 3 saltines, the center is 6 saltines by 6 saltines, and the border matches the center. It could be done in whatever combination of blocks needed to make the size desired. The points are made using 2 solid saltines and 1 bi-color saltine. The points are made using 2 solid saltines and 1 bi-color saltine.

Linda, Very, very pretty!!:clap:clap

TY for the saltine conversion, too - I saved it:hook

Mary, don't forget to take care of yourself, too...and I'm like Cara. I'd rather stay home.

Enjoy celebrating with DD!:manyheart

Good morning! It's supposed to get warmer today and clear off, but it hasn't happened yet. I'm hoping for better weather this afternoon. I got a good picture of the table runner. I'm working on the pattern as a square block that could be used to build a cuddle ghan or bigger. I just got frustrated with the program and had to take a break. The binding is the same material as the center panel.

That's beautimous!! :clap

Okay. I think I've got it. This is the pattern that they call the "candle holder" in the Williamsburg Collection in the Dec. 2009 issue of the Crochet World magazine converted to a crochet pattern. [ATTACH]12329[/ATTACH] The corners are 3 saltines by 3 saltines, the center is 6 saltines by 6 saltines, and the border matches the center. It could be done in whatever combination of blocks needed to make the size desired. The points are made using 2 solid saltines and 1 bi-color saltine. The points are made using 2 solid saltines and 1 bi-color saltine.

Ooooh I like very much :yes

!

Oh, Linda, this is yummy. I was looking real close trying to figure out the conversion to saltines, and decided I would finish reading posts and come back. Didn't need to come back....thanks for posting the conversion. My mind is whirling thinking of all the holidays and color combos this would work for. Thanks again. :yay

Good afternoon, ladies. :clap

I am afraid this will be a "drive-by" posting. I had my second cataract surgery this morning. Left eye was done 2 weeks ago, right one today. Will probably lay down for a few hours. I decided I would make the Spinning Wheels lapghan, in Amish colors for my 94 year old mother. The size is perfect for her. She does alot of sitting, no wheel chair but needs a transport chair. Also, she has macular degeneration so I thought the contrast of the bright Amish colors would be easier for her to see. While waiting for the yarn to arrive, I have started #12. Pattern is called Home and Hearth, colors are lt. and dk, teal, warm brown, soft white and black.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and you spend it in just the way you want to. Although I am new here, I am thankful for this group and the opportunity to meet all of you. Hugs to you all. :hug

Good afternoon, ladies. :clap

I am afraid this will be a "drive-by" posting. I had my second cataract surgery this morning. Left eye was done 2 weeks ago, right one today. Will probably lay down for a few hours. I decided I would make the Spinning Wheels lapghan, in Amish colors for my 94 year old mother. The size is perfect for her. She does alot of sitting, no wheel chair but needs a transport chair. Also, she has macular degeneration so I thought the contrast of the bright Amish colors would be easier for her to see. While waiting for the yarn to arrive, I have started #12. Pattern is called Home and Hearth, colors are lt. and dk, teal, warm brown, soft white and black.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and you spend it in just the way you want to. Although I am new here, I am thankful for this group and the opportunity to meet all of you. Hugs to you all. :hug

Here's wishing you a safe and quick recovery.

You're welcome on the pattern. I guess my head is just geared so that most quilt patterns I see, I can convert to saltine patterns with very little trouble. I have more problems getting my Paint Shop Program to do what I want it to do than most of the actual pattern conversions. :lol :lol :lol

We had sun for a few minutes yesterday afternoon, but that was about it. And it's overcast again today. At least there isn't as much moisture in the air.

Rosie & I went to GoodWill last night. Seniors get 25% off on Tuesdays. I got fabric (one package is actually sheets, but it would make wonderful quilting fabric :lol), a rack for my DVDs, a Yoga exercise DVD with extra stuff, an Encyclopedia of Chinese Art book, and two holiday tops. Not too shabby.

I worked on one of my prayer shawls yesterday and went from just past the halfway point on the back to having only two rows left to go on the back.

I hope you are all well and that the weather is cooperating. Wishing you a good day before Thanksgiving. :tdance John is cooking our bird tonight and I will be mixing up the dressing after it's in the oven. It will be cooked tomorrow morning. It's oyster dressing that is a family tradition. It just doesn't seem like Thanksgiving without it. When John talked to me yesterday about what was on the menu, he said that Paul's MIL was also bringing dressing and wondered if I wanted to change to something else. Apparently Paul was at his desk at the time going "NOOOOO" and "be sure to add the oysters."

I think I'm going to crochet again today. Have a good one.

Happy Turkey Day, Linda and everyone. :hug

I'm relaxing today after a busy day yesterday - and a busy day tomorrow - even though it's just going to be the 4 of us (DS and FIL will be here)

Hello, Everyone ~

The car is packed, and I am just waiting for the girls to finish school (yes, they walked out the door with DH only a couple of hours ago, but I think I am more excited about the 4-day weekend than they are :blush), so we can get on the road to our hometown. Tomorrow night, we will have heavy hors 'd oeuvres for Thanksgiving with DH's family :blink MIL didn't, "Want to fuss with all of that icky traditional food," so she is planning to serve broiled stuffed dates, bacon-wrapped chestnuts, chicken wings, and a baked brie cheese ball. With 9 grandchildren under the age of 9, a husband, a son and 2 sons-in-law, wouldn't you think she would realize that type of food is not going to be a hit?!? :rolleyes I am not going to do the turkey for her, for goodness sakes, but I am bringing some substantial food to fill up the tummies -- meatballs in cranberry sauce, deviled eggs, veggie pizza, and 3 pumpking and 2 pecan pies. Yikes -- I have been scrambling like crazy to fill-in the food, after hearing the planned menu on Monday. I'm tired :lol Saturday, my mom and I will fix the turkey, dressing, cranberries, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, gravy and a frozen pumpkin dessert. We have done this menu so many times together, that we can pull it together in just a few hours, and our lips never even stop flapping as we gab :D We are only serving 18 on Saturday -- no problem!

For those of you traveling, drive safely :drive. Have a Happy Thanksgiving :ttalk. When you are out shopping on Friday, find great bargains and have fun :bounce

Catch you all, later :manyheart

Here's wishing you a safe and quick recovery.

You're welcome on the pattern. I guess my head is just geared so that most quilt patterns I see, I can convert to saltine patterns with very little trouble. I have more problems getting my Paint Shop Program to do what I want it to do than most of the actual pattern conversions. :lol :lol :lol

We had sun for a few minutes yesterday afternoon, but that was about it. And it's overcast again today. At least there isn't as much moisture in the air.

Rosie & I went to GoodWill last night. Seniors get 25% off on Tuesdays. I got fabric (one package is actually sheets, but it would make wonderful quilting fabric :lol), a rack for my DVDs, a Yoga exercise DVD with extra stuff, an Encyclopedia of Chinese Art book, and two holiday tops. Not too shabby.

I worked on one of my prayer shawls yesterday and went from just past the halfway point on the back to having only two rows left to go on the back.

I hope you are all well and that the weather is cooperating. Wishing you a good day before Thanksgiving. :tdance John is cooking our bird tonight and I will be mixing up the dressing after it's in the oven. It will be cooked tomorrow morning. It's oyster dressing that is a family tradition. It just doesn't seem like Thanksgiving without it. When John talked to me yesterday about what was on the menu, he said that Paul's MIL was also bringing dressing and wondered if I wanted to change to something else. Apparently Paul was at his desk at the time going "NOOOOO" and "be sure to add the oysters."

I think I'm going to crochet again today. Have a good one.

Wow! Sounds like you had a fantastic day yesterday! :clap I hope y'all have a fabulous Thanksgiving...oysters included :D

You're welcome on the pattern. I guess my head is just geared so that most quilt patterns I see, I can convert to saltine patterns with very little trouble.

Funny how that happens after a year or three :lol Wait til you design one after the tile pattern in a public restroom :lol That's what was the inspiration for Patches :yes

Happy Turkey Day, Linda and everyone. :hug

I'm relaxing today after a busy day yesterday - and a busy day tomorrow - even though it's just going to be the 4 of us (DS and FIL will be here)

Good for you relaxing today! :hug Even four people can make for a big job though :yes That's twice as many as you're used to cooking for.

Hello, Everyone ~

The car is packed, and I am just waiting for the girls to finish school (yes, they walked out the door with DH only a couple of hours ago, but I think I am more excited about the 4-day weekend than they are :blush), so we can get on the road to our hometown. Tomorrow night, we will have heavy hors 'd oeuvres for Thanksgiving with DH's family :blink MIL didn't, "Want to fuss with all of that icky traditional food," so she is planning to serve broiled stuffed dates, bacon-wrapped chestnuts, chicken wings, and a baked brie cheese ball. With 9 grandchildren under the age of 9, a husband, a son and 2 sons-in-law, wouldn't you think she would realize that type of food is not going to be a hit?!? :rolleyes I am not going to do the turkey for her, for goodness sakes, but I am bringing some substantial food to fill up the tummies -- meatballs in cranberry sauce, deviled eggs, veggie pizza, and 3 pumpking and 2 pecan pies. Yikes -- I have been scrambling like crazy to fill-in the food, after hearing the planned menu on Monday. I'm tired :lol Saturday, my mom and I will fix the turkey, dressing, cranberries, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, gravy and a frozen pumpkin dessert. We have done this menu so many times together, that we can pull it together in just a few hours, and our lips never even stop flapping as we gab :D We are only serving 18 on Saturday -- no problem!

For those of you traveling, drive safely :drive. Have a Happy Thanksgiving :ttalk. When you are out shopping on Friday, find great bargains and have fun :bounce

Catch you all, later :manyheart

Oh dear. Now a heavy hors d' oeuvres can be quite filling ( do that for dinner here at least twice a year) but I'm not real sure those were kid friendly choices :lol 18 people on Saturday!?! :faint I thought I was nuts last year with 11 people :lol Have a fabulous and safe trip and a wonderful Thanksgiving :manyheart

Good morning ladies :2hug

You know what today is? Yep, that's right! It's the day before my favorite holiday of the year!! :jumpyay I love Thanksgiving. Even more than Christmas. Gotta love a holiday with that much food :lol

I did realize in somewhat of a panic this morning that I had become entirely too lax about tomorrow though :blush We're keeping it simple this year. Just five of us. Just ham instead of ham and turkey. Simple sides. Well, I flat out forgot to get peas to make pea salad. Not a roll in the house. And I have yet to clean out the fridge and make boatloads of deviled eggs.

Guess I won't be getting a whole lot of crocheting done today after all :lol

But I did finish one of four pet mats for my BIL yesterday :hook

Hi Ladies. :) Between DH and I, we've only been home long enough to take care of Gracie and the mail...I miss you all terribly and am looking forward to things calming down here. :hug He left his mom and I left our friend at the hospital to take DD to lunch. She said Thank you for the birthday wishes!

Diane, I hope you recover quickly from your cataract surgery. :manyheart Your new afghan colors sound wonderful!

Dusti~Have a safe trip. :)

Linda ~ Our family loves oysters and I usually do scalloped oysters for a side dish!

Cara ~ Being relaxed is a good thing. ;) I absolutely love deviled eggs. :D

I know I've missed some of you...I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. :manyheart Good, bad or whatever, we're driving the two hour drive to my sister's lake house tomorrow. I haven't seen my other sister from D.C. in a long time or we would stay home.

:ttalk :pilgrim :tdance Happy Thanksgiving!!! :tdance :pilgrim :ttalk

I hope that everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving day. One of the many things I'm thankful for is all of the great friends I have here at Crochetville.

:ttalk:pilgrim Happy Thanksgiving :pilgrim:tdance

Hope everyone has a save and happy day :hug

:ttalk :pilgrim :tdance Happy Thanksgiving!!! :tdance :pilgrim :ttalk

I hope that everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving day. One of the many things I'm thankful for is all of the great friends I have here at Crochetville.

Same to you and all here...

Linda, I couldn;t agree with you more:manyheart

Archived