Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Hi, Nicole, Dusti, Judy, Cara, and the rest of you fantastic crocheters. Kim and John are fine. John is going out to the hunting lodge after work today and Kim and I and the pets are staying here. The lodge is going to be packed with hunters this weekend. John wants to get one more doe for the freezer and then he's going to try for a big buck. I have NO idea where he would put a head or the antlers if he gets one. I think it would mainly be the thrill of having shot one that's the draw.

I got 5 preemie quilts together yesterday. They just need the final binding and they'll be ready to go. I should get that done today. After that or mixed in with it are the RR, Ayden's quilt, prayer shawls, and two Christmas stockings. A lot to get done in the next month or so. One stitch at a time.

Have a great day my friends. More later. :hook:sew:hook

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judy - I'm so sorry about your friend :hug Hope y'all can find him some accommodation that doesn't completely bankrupt him. And poor ol' Susie. She's just had a rough go of it hasn't she? Those Dogleggs look...interesting. But if they'll help her and she'll wear them then it's all good :D Yes, 32* was quite a shock to me too. We usually don't start any freezing weather until mid December-ish. But gosh it's nice. Especially since I don't have to go out in it :wink

Morning Linda! :hi Sounds like all is going well for your household right now. How are Joy and Ayden making out? We do worry about you Joy! (for the newer members, Linda's daughter Joy is also on the 'Ville but not near as talkative as some of us :wink) We sincerely hope all is improving :hug

Cara, DH just came home a few minutes ago after seeing our frind Bob's wife....and learned that because he's made good progress - and the insurance will cover it - he'll be able to get therapy at home! TG! He'll be getting the necessary equipment from the rehab place, too, so it may work out.

Cara, DH just came home a few minutes ago after seeing our frind Bob's wife....and learned that because he's made good progress - and the insurance will cover it - he'll be able to get therapy at home! TG! He'll be getting the necessary equipment from the rehab place, too, so it may work out.

Oh that is just fabulous news!! :clap I'm very happy that it seems to be working out :manyheart

Judy - I'm so sorry about your friend :hug Hope y'all can find him some accommodation that doesn't completely bankrupt him. And poor ol' Susie. She's just had a rough go of it hasn't she? Those Dogleggs look...interesting. But if they'll help her and she'll wear them then it's all good :D Yes, 32* was quite a shock to me too. We usually don't start any freezing weather until mid December-ish. But gosh it's nice. Especially since I don't have to go out in it :wink

Morning Linda! :hi Sounds like all is going well for your household right now. How are Joy and Ayden making out? We do worry about you Joy! (for the newer members, Linda's daughter Joy is also on the 'Ville but not near as talkative as some of us :wink) We sincerely hope all is improving :hug

Today is the funeral for Joy's FIL. This has been a hard week for that part of the family. I help long distance when and where I can. :hug

Today is the funeral for Joy's FIL. This has been a hard week for that part of the family. I help long distance when and where I can. :hug

And there are massive good vibes headed her way from EHH as well :2hug :manyheart

Hi Ladies! I've been reading posts and love all the activity here. :manyheart I have a colonoscopy tomorrow, so may not be here much today or tomorrow. ;) This is my third one and I still hate them. :yes Today is our 38th anniversary, but no fancy dinner for me. :lol

I'll check in later!

:waving

How is everyone doing today? I am almost done with weaving in those @#$% loose ends. Judy and Cara.....you are sick women if you like doing this. ;)

Dusti and Nicole....nice to meet you. I am trying to decide on which pattern...so many to choose from. :think I'm leaning towards Spinning Wheels in Amish colors. Black, 2 shades of aqua/turq. and 2 shades of lavendar/purple. So now I need to get the yarn.

Thank you all for the encouraging words and lovely compliments. :2blush

Ahhh, shuckie darns, you made me feel so special.

Well, i'm off to do laundry and weave in loose ends. Arrrrghhh to both tasks.

TTYL

Poking in to say hi ladies!! Its the busy months for us so Ive not been around, want to share the cute photo I took this weekend.[ATTACH]12067[/ATTACH]

Oh, Erin, that's adorable.

Diane you had better add me to the crazy lady group. Most of the time I don't really mind weaving in the ends either. Only mind them when I'm in a time crunch. :lol :lol :lol

Hi Erin....cute kiddo!

Alright Linda.....pointy stick wielder (my sis says that means knitter, I won't tell you what I thought it was) you are officially on my sick woman list. Usually I am pretty good about working in the loose ends as I go, but this time, for some reason, my mind just flew outta the coop and I am paying for that flight of fancy now. :lol

Hi Ladies! I've been reading posts and love all the activity here. :manyheart I have a colonoscopy tomorrow, so may not be here much today or tomorrow. ;) This is my third one and I still hate them. :yes Today is our 38th anniversary, but no fancy dinner for me. :lol

I'll check in later!

Oh Happy Anniversary!! :manyheart Just think you can have that meal tomorrow night :D

Hi Erin....cute kiddo!

Alright Linda.....pointy stick wielder (my sis says that means knitter, I won't tell you what I thought it was) you are officially on my sick woman list. Usually I am pretty good about working in the loose ends as I go, but this time, for some reason, my mind just flew outta the coop and I am paying for that flight of fancy now. :lol

Oh look...Judy, Linda and I made a top ten list :lol :lol

Hi Erin....cute kiddo!

Your sis is correct, it means knitter, although I much prefer to crochet, some things just work better on knitting needles, for example - preemie hats.

I'll check in later!

Hi, I totally missed that it is your anniversary. Happy Anniversary. We celebrated our 39th on Halloween. (I know...who in their right mind gets married on Halloween...key words....right mind). Enjoy your celebration, even if it is belated. :cheer

Mary ~ :hug Good luck to you, today. Sorry these wishes are belated, but I hope you and your husband are able to celebrate your anniversary together in a couple of days.

Erin ~ That was a cute picture of your little guy. Hope everything is going well with the three of you.

Diane ~ My uncle was married on Halloween, too :jack They invited guests for a costume party, at 9 pm, a princess and a frog gathered the guests together, where a priest proceeded to perform the wedding ceremony. When the princess kissed the frog, he whipped off his frog suit and became a handsome renaissance prince with velvet knickers and ostrich plumed hat. It was the greatest ceremony I have witnessed in a long time. Halloween is the couples favorite holiday, and the ceremony fit their personalities to a 'T,' so I would not say it takes a couple in their right mind...:wink To you, as well, a belated anniversary wish:flower

Good morning! Purse :check 1 Preemie Bunting :check:yay May your hooks be flying right along, too :) Have a good day.

Diane ~ My uncle was married on Halloween, too :jack They invited guests for a costume party, at 9 pm, a princess and a frog gathered the guests together, where a priest proceeded to perform the wedding ceremony. When the princess kissed the frog, he whipped off his frog suit and became a handsome renaissance prince with velvet knickers and ostrich plumed hat. It was the greatest ceremony I have witnessed in a long time. Halloween is the couples favorite holiday, and the ceremony fit their personalities to a 'T,' so I would not say it takes a couple in their right mind...:wink To you, as well, a belated anniversary wish:flower

Dusti, that sounds too cute! And thanks. Ours wasn't planned. It just happened to be the first weekend we could get away. Didn't even realize that it was Halloween. My husband was in his navy uniform, I was dressed like a lady, so guess we were in costumes after all. :lol The other dumb thing is....most couples that just take off to get married, head for Las Vegas. But noooo, not us. We got married in Reno, a town known for it's quickie divorces. Guess we beat the odds. :cheer

Hey, I was married in Vegas. 28 years ago on the 14th of this month. It was in a small chapel right across Circus Circus. :lol I just recently found a small album at my sisters house (she's moving) that had pictures of that weekend and I had fun telling my sons about it. :)

Oh, sorry. You ladies don't know me. I'm Pat from the Island of Guam. I've been following this cal for a loooong time just reading. Hope you don't mind.

Dusti, that sounds too cute! And thanks. Ours wasn't planned. It just happened to be the first weekend we could get away. Didn't even realize that it was Halloween. My husband was in his navy uniform, I was dressed like a lady, so guess we were in costumes after all. :lol The other dumb thing is....most couples that just take off to get married, head for Las Vegas. But noooo, not us. We got married in Reno, a town known for it's quickie divorces. Guess we beat the odds. :cheer

Here's Susie in her "dogleggs"

Hopefully it'll prevent any further injuries to her elbow. I got it to cover the other one, too, just in case. The contraption is very lightweight and adjustable because of velcro,

post-8552-13589747502_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897475024_thumb.jpg

Hi Pat, nice to meet you. I am a newbie and everyone has been so welcoming. Nice that you decided to chat. How fun to share those memories with your sons. I'm kinda the "story teller" in our family. My nieces and nephews love it when I visit because I spill the beans on everybody, including myself. (but nothing too inappropriate. I know when to keep my mouth shut as well. lol

Archived