Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Hi Cara, Judy and Linda!

Cara - Too funny about the cat hair. I laughed out loud when I read that one. :rofl

Linda - Sounds like you're making great progress on Ayden's quilt. :clap

Judy - :yuck The dentist is no fun. Hope it's just a cleaning!

Well I'm all excited. I bought my ticket to see Michael Buble at US Bank Arena in Cincinnati today. :cheer I will be center stage, row 20 unless I win the auction for row 1 seats. That likely won't happen because I can't see myself spending that kind of money to be a few feet closer. I don't know how I'm going to be able to stand waiting until 3/24 for the concert. :sigh

Anywho, I hope you all have a great day!

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies. :) It's been a busy few days here, but DH is out of town until Thursday and maybe it will be quieter. ;)

Judy ~ I hope you've gotten your camera/computer problem fixed...we want to see your thread work! :yes Dentists are no fun - hope everything is okay.

Linda ~ Good luck with all of your Christmas projects! Ayden's quilt is going to be so special. :manyheart Oh! And thanks for the book recommendations...they both sound like something I'd like, too. :)

Cara ~ So glad you're feeling better. :hug Your new quote and avatar are great. :clap

Hi Nicole ~ How exciting to be going to see Michael Buble! Are you working on any projects now?

We're not putting up a big tree this year...can anyone say "GRACIE?" :lol It's going to seem strange without it, but I want to do more greenery and lights instead.

Hi, Mary! I don't blame you about the tree and Gracie. I fight the kitties constantly about climbing the tree. It's a plastic tree, too! :rofl I keep telling them they cannot play jungle kitty in a fake tree. They don't listen. :lol

The baby nine patch has been put on hold until after Christmas gifts are done. At this rate, it will be 12/25/2011 before I finish. I'm so very close to being done with my brother's flag afghan that I can't seem to force myself to work on it. I'm also working on a thread Christening gown that I'm testing for a designer. It's gorgeous so far!

I'm so excited about the concert. I won't be able to stand the thre0- month wait!!!

Hi..

And hour and a half for 2 fillings...an errand I wnated to do...and an excruciatingly dumb, long series of questions from a nurse on the phone because of our wanting to sign up for long term care insurance.Finally got tired of the stupidity and we told her we were no longer interested.

No hook time today.:(

And hubby told me not to bother with the old camera - to treat myself to a new one as an anniversary present:D

Hi, Mary! I don't blame you about the tree and Gracie. I fight the kitties constantly about climbing the tree. It's a plastic tree, too! :rofl I keep telling them they cannot play jungle kitty in a fake tree. They don't listen. :lol

I'm so excited about the concert. I won't be able to stand the thre0- month wait!!!

A while back, actually quite a while ago, I had two kitties and one loved to climb up inside the artificial tree and the other one went around very daintily and carefully biting the lights and breaking them.

Mary I totally understand the tree and Gracie thing. Glad you like the sound of the books, they were both very good.

Good morning

It's :snow, it's :snow, and the little ones could not be happier. The snow started yesterday morning, just as we turned the calendar to December. How did Mother Nature time that so well?!? I cannot say that I am, exactly :yay, but the view out my front window is rather pretty. We will see how excited I am about it after I have had to drive to town and back to pick the girls up at the end of the school day.

Christmas cards are (slowly) making their way off of my table and into the mailbox, I have my cookie recipes selected, and we have a tentative plan to put up the tree this weekend. Christmas will be here in no time, and I am starting to feel ready :santa.

Even my crochet projects are coming along. I have a couple more wicker-look treat baskets to do and 2 baby buntings, but that is all. I worked as fast as I could over the weekend, while DH drove, and finished two projects. A few chores need to be done this morning, but I ought to be able to spend some quality time with my :yarn. Hope you are all having a good Wednesday. :manyheart

A while back, actually quite a while ago, I had two kitties and one loved to climb up inside the artificial tree and the other one went around very daintily and carefully biting the lights and breaking them.

:lol That's Cooper with the biting the lights! Jack is the one who wants to climb the tree. Pipsy loves laying under it and looking at all the sparkly things. Oliver doesn't seem to care one way or the other.

Good morning

It's :snow, it's :snow, and the little ones could not be happier. The snow started yesterday morning, just as we turned the calendar to December. How did Mother Nature time that so well?!? I cannot say that I am, exactly :yay, but the view out my front window is rather pretty. We will see how excited I am about it after I have had to drive to town and back to pick the girls up at the end of the school day.

Christmas cards are (slowly) making their way off of my table and into the mailbox, I have my cookie recipes selected, and we have a tentative plan to put up the tree this weekend. Christmas will be here in no time, and I am starting to feel ready :santa.

Even my crochet projects are coming along. I have a couple more wicker-look treat baskets to do and 2 baby buntings, but that is all. I worked as fast as I could over the weekend, while DH drove, and finished two projects. A few chores need to be done this morning, but I ought to be able to spend some quality time with my :yarn. Hope you are all having a good Wednesday. :manyheart

Hi, Dusti!!! Good to hear from you. :hug

Hi, Dusti and Nicole.

I need to get my cards out. We don't send too many, and the list keeps getting whittled down every year for various reasons.

Have a good day everyone.

Hi, Dusti, Nicole, and Judy,

It's cold, gray, and raining here. The rain started fairly early last night and hasn't quit since. I think it's supposed to keep this up all day today and maybe into tomorrow. It's funny. Last night as I was leaving Rosie's house we both said that it felt like snow or would if we were farther north. There was that cold, wet, biting feel to the air.

I finished the top of Ayden's quilt yesterday and I'm really pleased with it. Now to figure out what I'm doing with the back of it. I laid out the batting last night so the creases would have time to smooth out. Rosie said she'd come over and help pin it all together.

I'm going to have stuff simmering on the stove most of the day. John wants to make "Wild Game Chili" to take to work tomorrow. So I've started the beans simmering for that. He'll be using venison, wild pork sausage, wild turkey, dove breasts, and squirrel, all of which he's shot this year. I have to get the squirrels on to simmer next. They're almost not worth the bother. The squirrels down here are so little there is almost no meat on them and they are tough. Next will be the beans for the ham and bean soup I'm planning to make for our supper. The house will smell good, that's for sure.

Cara, you sound like me with the experimenting. I'm sure your attempts will turn out lots better than mine have:P

Not so much :lol It's back to the drawing board I'm afraid :lol

Well I'm all excited. I bought my ticket to see Michael Buble at US Bank Arena in Cincinnati today. :cheer I will be center stage, row 20 unless I win the auction for row 1 seats. That likely won't happen because I can't see myself spending that kind of money to be a few feet closer. I don't know how I'm going to be able to stand waiting until 3/24 for the concert. :sigh

O.M.G.! I lurve Michael Buble!!:yes He's my absolute favorite modern singer. Before he came along it was Dean Martin...well, still is Dean Martin but Buble's a mighty close second :yes Have a great time! :clap

We're not putting up a big tree this year...can anyone say "GRACIE?" :lol It's going to seem strange without it, but I want to do more greenery and lights instead.

Oh yes, I hear that! :lol Haven't had a tree in fourteen years since we woke up and found about a third of the ornaments all over the floor and our dearly departed Smokey Bear asleep on inner branch :lol I have two very nice ceramic trees now :yes

Yep, ours was a plastic tree too :lol And that is so funny. We call it playing jungle kitty when the cats hide behind the schefflera and pounce our ankles as we walk by :lol

Hi..

And hour and a half for 2 fillings...an errand I wnated to do...and an excruciatingly dumb, long series of questions from a nurse on the phone because of our wanting to sign up for long term care insurance.Finally got tired of the stupidity and we told her we were no longer interested.

No hook time today.:(

And hubby told me not to bother with the old camera - to treat myself to a new one as an anniversary present:D

Hooray for SDR :clap When the anniversary? I know about those insurance companies :ohdear I answered less questions and had less grief getting a mortgage than trying to get life insurance and then they turned me down :irk Idiots.

Good morning

Yep, snow is really pretty as long as you don't have to get out in it :lol Or until the snow plow comes through then it's an ugly, dirty, muddy mess :yuck I had enough snow to last me a lifetime though. I may gripe about Texas summers but they're far better than feet of snow :yes Great progress on your projects! :clap

Hi, Dusti and Nicole.

I need to get my cards out. We don't send too many, and the list keeps getting whittled down every year for various reasons.

I don't even start mine until 10 days into December :lol Yes, my list has to start getting whittled down as well. Stupid postal rate increases :sigh

Hi, Dusti, Nicole, and Judy,

It's cold, gray, and raining here. The rain started fairly early last night and hasn't quit since. I think it's supposed to keep this up all day today and maybe into tomorrow. It's funny. Last night as I was leaving Rosie's house we both said that it felt like snow or would if we were farther north. There was that cold, wet, biting feel to the air.

I finished the top of Ayden's quilt yesterday and I'm really pleased with it. Now to figure out what I'm doing with the back of it. I laid out the batting last night so the creases would have time to smooth out. Rosie said she'd come over and help pin it all together.

I'm going to have stuff simmering on the stove most of the day. John wants to make "Wild Game Chili" to take to work tomorrow. So I've started the beans simmering for that. He'll be using venison, wild pork sausage, wild turkey, dove breasts, and squirrel, all of which he's shot this year. I have to get the squirrels on to simmer next. They're almost not worth the bother. The squirrels down here are so little there is almost no meat on them and they are tough. Next will be the beans for the ham and bean soup I'm planning to make for our supper. The house will smell good, that's for sure.

You must be getting the rain we got all day yesterday :yes The chili sounds yummy. Except for the squirrel. Our squirrels are stringy and tough too :yuck

Judy - I don't send out very many cards either. I really need to get going on mine.

Linda - I bet it will smell good in the house today. Your story made my tummy growl. :lol

Uh huh :yes Mine's telling me "we could just pick out the squirrel" :lol

Cara ~ So glad you're feeling better. :hug Your new quote and avatar are great. :clap

Made that avatar through a site Wendy shared. It reflects my current situation with Ghost. I spend half my time crocheting and half my time retrieving her from out of my tote bag :lol

Good morning ladies :flower

I feel even better today. :yay Just a bit of a lingering headache that I hope doesn't flare up again. This is getting annoying :lol I'm thinking now that it has finally rained it'll probably improve :yes

Had a very unproductive crochet day yesterday. Oh I crocheted all day long but nothing worked out :no Oh well, it's just an opportunity to try again. :hook

Have a great one y'all :2hug

O.M.G.! I lurve Michael Buble!!:yes He's my absolute favorite modern singer. Before he came along it was Dean Martin...well, still is Dean Martin but Buble's a mighty close second :yes Have a great time! :clap

I adore the man myself! I'm a member of his fan club. So, I had access to pre-sale tickets. :D I love all of the rat pack guys including Dean Martin. I'd pick Sinatra as my "old-time fav" though.

Oh yes, I hear that! :lol Haven't had a tree in fourteen years since we woke up and found about a third of the ornaments all over the floor and our dearly departed Smokey Bear asleep on inner branch :lol I have two very nice ceramic trees now :yes

:rofl

Yep, ours was a plastic tree too :lol And that is so funny. We call it playing jungle kitty when the cats hide behind the schefflera and pounce our ankles as we walk by :lol

:laughroll That's too funny that we both have jungle kitties.

Good morning ladies :flower

I feel even better today. :yay Just a bit of a lingering headache that I hope doesn't flare up again. This is getting annoying :lol I'm thinking now that it has finally rained it'll probably improve :yes

Had a very unproductive crochet day yesterday. Oh I crocheted all day long but nothing worked out :no Oh well, it's just an opportunity to try again. :hook

Have a great one y'all :2hug

:cheer Glad you're feeling better!!

Hi, Cara. Glad to hear that you're feeling better. The house is smelling wonderful already. I think I've got enough beans to feed an army. The ones I put on for the ham bone soup have swelled up way more than I thought they would. It's a good thing that I got out two hunks of ham. Now to figure out what pot to cook them in, as the one with the beans won't hold everything. :lol :lol

Archived