Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Thanksgiving. :manyheart I so agree with Linda! You all are wonderful ladies and friends and I am thankful for YOU!

Gracie did really well on her first "road trip" today and DH and I took her for long walks at the lake. See you all tomorrow. :)

Good morning ladies :2hug

I hope all of you had a marvelous Thanksgiving! :D Ours was pretty nice indeed. Easy meal for me this year. Just ham, taters, pea salad and rolls. Easy peasy :D And miracle of miracles the only thing we have left is a little bit of ham :eek I planned that very well :yes No I didn't. I got lucky :rofl

Then of course shopping and bingo :D Didn't win at bingo but got all the toys I needed for the kiddos. Now to just finish up my crochet and the cookbook. :blush Guess what I'll be doing today? :lol

Mary - I'm so glad Gracie did well for you. That can be an iffy proposition sometimes :yes But Gracie's such a good girl there was no reason to suspect otherwise :D

Have a great day y'all! :manyheart

Hi, everyone. :hi I am finally back home to stay. Rosie and I left to go Black Friday shopping at 8:45 this morning. We came home at 2:30, but I went back out to two more stores. I'm really glad I did. At WM I got 5 DVDs at $2 each and a lovely light-weight but warm jacket for $7 (marked down from $40. The salesgirl that rang them up said, "WOW! Where did you find these?"

Now I'm going to go downstairs, put my feet up and crochet. :hook

Hi, everyone. :hi I am finally back home to stay. Rosie and I left to go Black Friday shopping at 8:45 this morning. We came home at 2:30, but I went back out to two more stores. I'm really glad I did. At WM I got 5 DVDs at $2 each and a lovely light-weight but warm jacket for $7 (marked down from $40. The salesgirl that rang them up said, "WOW! Where did you find these?"

Now I'm going to go downstairs, put my feet up and crochet. :hook

Oh gosh that sounds like fun! I really miss Black Friday sometimes :dreaming I'm glad you got such wonderful deal! :clap

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Linda ~ Wow! Your Friday sounds like lots of fun. :yes DVDs for $2 is incredible!

Hi to Judy and Cara, too! :manyheart

I'm just not ready to think about Christmas yet, so today may be a crochet day. :hook DD and her DH are going to the TCU game...they are ranked 4th in the country as of now. :yay

I thought I'd post the updated scorecard even though we haven't had a lot of activity lately. :) The information is under my signature and everyone is welcome.:hook

Cara (Misa)

Shay (Shaylen) 1705

Denise (denisethorpe) 1616

Linda M. (mizmo) 1523

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Cathy (crashcat07) 1354

Tracy (tracystroebel) *** 1353

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1325

Wendy (Aussie) ***1298

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 1276

Mary (Skysmom) *** 1258

Heather (hseger) 1256

Kristy (alchemyfyr) 1094

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) ***1060

Val (Priszm) 1008

Karen (econ-nerd) *** 755

Judy (judianne) 690

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Dusti (rii698) *** 617

Erin (EMedley) 567

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Selanda (crocrazy) 448

Donna (sewnsew) *** 431

Leighanne (mommy neel) 304

Suzanne (LavenderBear) 304

Kidge (Kidget29) 297

Tammy (TammyG) 268

Mel (DreamsOfYarn) 210

Jessica (jessicagil) 176

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Cherri (Cherri) 156

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Tam (teakaycee) 152

Nina (thedragon1186) 150

Julie (JulieKay) 119

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 103

Nicole (nicolep) 94

Renee (renegade) 70

Shelby (alwayscrafting) 12

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

*** 2000 Squares Winner

I thought I'd post the updated scorecard even though we haven't had a lot of activity lately. :) The information is under my signature and everyone is welcome.:hook

Cara (Misa)

Shay (Shaylen) 1705

Denise (denisethorpe) 1616

Linda M. (mizmo) 1523

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Cathy (crashcat07) 1354

Tracy (tracystroebel) *** 1353

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1325

Wendy (Aussie) ***1298

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 1276

Mary (Skysmom) *** 1258

Heather (hseger) 1256

Kristy (alchemyfyr) 1094

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) ***1060

Val (Priszm) 1008

Karen (econ-nerd) *** 755

Judy (judianne) 690

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Dusti (rii698) *** 617

Erin (EMedley) 567

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Selanda (crocrazy) 448

Donna (sewnsew) *** 431

Leighanne (mommy neel) 304

Suzanne (LavenderBear) 304

Kidge (Kidget29) 297

Tammy (TammyG) 268

Mel (DreamsOfYarn) 210

Jessica (jessicagil) 176

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Cherri (Cherri) 156

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Tam (teakaycee) 152

Nina (thedragon1186) 150

Julie (JulieKay) 119

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 103

Nicole (nicolep) 94

Renee (renegade) 70

Shelby (alwayscrafting) 12

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

*** 2000 Squares Winner

Hi, everyone! I've finally come upstairs for some food. I've been reading downstairs since about 9:00 am. Sarge has been loving having me downstairs for more time than usual. My sweatshirt is covered with cat hair where he's been in my lap and on my chest purring up a storm. And interfering with my crocheting. Silly kitty. Today and tomorrow are just going to be relaxing days. I think I bought the last of the Christmas gifts yesterday. I got myself a nice warm, soft pair of slippers (at 1/2 price), a necklace ($6, originally $28), a frog bath wrap and bath mitt for Ayden ($10, originally $50), a stuffed moose and book for Ayden (50% off), 2 pair of soft pajamas for Kim (50% off), something for Joy (40% off), suede material for a skirt for me (40% off), 3 candles for the price of one, wrapping paper, and some other stuff. I have to finish Ayden's quilt, Rosie's RR, and a few other things, but I'm not in nearly as bad a shape as I thought I was. Now if my hands just co-operate so that I can crochet and sew up a storm I'll be in great shape. :lol

More later.

WTG, Linda! I bestow on you a black belt in shopping, only my second such award:nworthy

I know what you mean about your hands...mine are acting up, too. We just have to charge through any obstacles, though, don't we?:hug

I've had a very lazy day. I've read more of my book and took a 3 hour nap. The first nap I've taken in ages. I awoke to Sarge lying on my lap and purring. I think I'll get some supper now.

Hi, Nicole!

Hi Ladies. :) I hope everyone has had a good weekend!

Linda ~ Way to go on getting so much shopping done...and having some time to relax, too. :manyheart

Hi Nicole!

Judy ~ I hope your hands are better - we can't have you unable to crochet! :hug What are you working on now?

Cara ~ A cold front showed up here about noon. Hopefully it's made it to Waco! :yes

We've had a nice day. We went out for Lunch, have a fire going and Gracie has even let me crochet. :lol I'm working on the Linen/Taupe RR and making a few squares, too. :crocheting

Hi, Nicole and Mary....

I just finished a thread bookmark - a gift. It was started last week so I wanted to get it done. From the wrists down my hands are achy, but not horrible...I read when they really need a break.

My camera won't connect to the puter, so I have to try and find out what the problem is....I feel weird not being able to post any....

'nite....:hug

Hi Mary and Judy,

I just got back from spending the evening with Rosie and John. The cream shawl I'm making now has one side done and the second is between a third and a half done. We watched a Christmas movie together.

John put up a lot of our decorations today. We're going to have to replace a lot of the lights though as a great many of them won't light up. It shouldn't be too big a job. The big tree isn't going up this year with John having surgery right afterwards. That's okay, we've still got a lot of decorations up.

Hi, everyone! I've finally come upstairs for some food. I've been reading downstairs since about 9:00 am. Sarge has been loving having me downstairs for more time than usual. My sweatshirt is covered with cat hair where he's been in my lap and on my chest purring up a storm. And interfering with my crocheting. Silly kitty. Today and tomorrow are just going to be relaxing days. I think I bought the last of the Christmas gifts yesterday. I got myself a nice warm, soft pair of slippers (at 1/2 price), a necklace ($6, originally $28), a frog bath wrap and bath mitt for Ayden ($10, originally $50), a stuffed moose and book for Ayden (50% off), 2 pair of soft pajamas for Kim (50% off), something for Joy (40% off), suede material for a skirt for me (40% off), 3 candles for the price of one, wrapping paper, and some other stuff. I have to finish Ayden's quilt, Rosie's RR, and a few other things, but I'm not in nearly as bad a shape as I thought I was. Now if my hands just co-operate so that I can crochet and sew up a storm I'll be in great shape. :lol

More later.

WOW! I wanna know where you shop :lol

Cara ~ A cold front showed up here about noon. Hopefully it's made it to Waco! :yes

Yes, it's been cold the last two nights. Funny thing is though that it's still hot in the house for some reason :shrug We don't have the heat on. In fact, the air came on twice tonight. Weird :blink Guess I could just open the door and let the cold in :D

Morning ladies :D

Sorry I've been MIA all weekend but I've been fighting a MONSTER headache. It's not migraine because it's on both sides of my head. I've taken Tylenol, my pain meds, used an ice pack and everything other thing I can think of. I think it's sinus.

We went to Walmart last night and I got some sinus meds. I hate taking them because they cause all sorts of trouble. But I just want this headache to go away :lol It's sort of down to a dull roar now so I think we're improving. :yes

Anyway, just thought I'd check in real quick before deciding if I'm going back to bed :lol

Hi, Linda and Cara.

Linda, we only put a small prelit tree off the kitchen area where I spend much of my time, otherwise we have a huge, prelit wreath we hang over out firplace. It's a pretty look - and so much easier...

Cara, was wondering where you've been. I love - and so agree with - your new quote in your siggy line:yes

Cara, was wondering where you've been. I love - and so agree with - your new quote in your siggy line:yes

I agree with Judy, both on wondering where you've been and your quote. I do hope that your headache goes away swiftly and that the sinus meds don't cause too much havoc.

Where did I get everything? The things for Ayden and Kim came from Kohl's. The candles were from CVS. Joy's gift and the material came from HL. The DVDs and jacket came from WM. The necklace and slippers came from Belk. Those are the main things and places.

I finished my book yesterday just before bedtime. "Archangel" by Robert Harris is set in Russia about 50 years after Stalin's death. I didn't know what was coming next all the way to the end. It's not what I normally read but it was very well done and one of those books that's almost impossible to put down once you get just a little way into it. The one before that was "Temple" by Matthew Reilly and it's another one that's not my usual fare, but very well done and hard to put down. This one is set in the jungles of the Amazon and involves an end-of-the-world machine that way too many different groups want to control &/or use. I highly recommend both.

I have to get back to Ayden's quilt. I need to finish it up so it can be sent in time to reach him by Christmas. Along with all the things I bought. :lol :lol He knows I'm making him something special for Christmas, so I can't slip up on it. I'll be alternating quilting and crocheting all week, depending on how sore various joints are.

I hope you all have a great day. It's overcast, but not too cold here so far.

Linda - Wow! You're a busy gal!

Glad y'all like the siggie line. I loved that when I saw it on a Southern cooking blog that I love called the Southern Plate. Gee, wonder why I like that site? :lol

Ended up sleeping most of yesterday and the headache went away :dance Just have to keep up with the sinus meds or it comes back. Think that confirms the sinus headache theory :yes

I got quite a bit done overnight since I'm not sleepy having slept until 4:30 yesterday afternoon :blush Thinking I might try to stay awake all day so I'll go to sleep tonight.

Anyway, finished up the pet mat thingies my BIL wants for Christmas to help keep the cat/dog fur off the sofa and his uniform. Hard to be taken for the gruff jail cop when your hiney is covered in cat fur :rofl :rofl

And I started a purse that I sure hope works out nice. So far so good. Of course handbags are all in the finishing so we'll see how it goes. Yep, that's right. I'm insane. I'm experimenting on Christmas gifts :eek:lol

Cara, you sound like me with the experimenting. I'm sure your attempts will turn out lots better than mine have:P

Grats on finishing the pet mats!!:clap

Anyway, finished up the pet mat thingies my BIL wants for Christmas to help keep the cat/dog fur off the sofa and his uniform. Hard to be taken for the gruff jail cop when your hiney is covered in cat fur :rofl :rofl

I love it! :lol :lol :lol

We have sunshine today, but cold. Kim has a doctor's appointment this afternoon with the kidney doc. Then we'll run a couple of errands.

I worked on the quilt for Ayden yesterday and I'm getting close to having the top together. One more center seam to go and 6 border strips to cut and get sew on. Then on to the putting the back together. Then it's putting the layers together and quilting the thing. The very last step is the binding. With a little work I think I can have it done by the time John gets home from hunting this weekend. Yup! He's going again. Actually he's going each of the next three weekends. But that will be it for the year.

Glad you're feeling better, Cara.

Hi, there, Judy!

Archived