Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Happy Saturday, everyone. :)

Linda ~ It's wonderful that you figured out the quilt backing problem! We're having really cold weather...it was 20 this a.m. Brrr! Stay warm. :manyheart

Nicole ~ :hug to you this time of year. I've been thinking about you a lot and what you must have gone through.

Diane ~ Your afghan is stunning! Congratulations on getting the cataract surgery behind you. :)

Hi Dusti ~ Your day with your dad sounds so nice. Much nicer than your temperatures. :lol I've not made wearables in years, but what about a sweater or hoodie for the little guy? :think Tracy and others have shown us adorable pictures.

Cara ~ Can't wait to see your December scarf! I hope you're all caught up on sleep and that you and BD are staying warm.

Yesterday, DD and I did a little shopping and had lunch. Today was school for Gracie and after missing last week because of Thanksgiving, she was definitely not at the top of the class. :lol

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mary - Thanks for the hugs and thoughts. It's so nice to have my 'Ville friends!

I really believe that we have a special bond here with lots of caring and respect. :) I often wish that my family had the same values...

We're watching the U of Texas/Nebraska game...so far Texas is not looking great. :( Hook 'em Horns! :cheer Have a good evening. :manyheart

Oh! DD decided on her crib bedding, so I can now buy the yarn for the "animals" afghan. The colors are a "true" baby blue, chocolate and white and the fabrics are stripes, polka dots and paisley. Very cute. :c9 I think I'll order the TLC Cotton Plus that I used for Cara's Jasie ghan and see if the blue will work. None of our stores carry it and I love working with it.

Dusti, that outfit is adorable. :manyheart For a boy I would recommend this. Not sure what size you wanted to make, it starts at 6 months. My stepsisters loved it for their little ones and even asked that I make for their friends as gifts from them. It is easy to make. :hook

Nicole :hug

:hi Mary. Can't wait to see what you make for the new baby. :c9

Hope you all having a good weekend. It is a quiet weekend here. Yesterday I got Kyla's "big" christmas present (in size it is small, but it is the main gifty) and now I am working on :knit her a few things to wrap and put under the tree.

Hi Ladies. :hi It's cold and rainy and a good day to stay by the fire. My inside decorating seems very easy this year...no tree. :lol Gracie is still too much of a (crazy) puppy. ;)

Tracy! It's so good to see you again. :manyheart I hope you all are doing great!

I'm going to play online for a while and look at yarn and other goodies. I guess it's time to do some shopping. :yes 'Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Sounds like everyone had a very nice weekend :manyheart

I ended up with a migraine for about 24 hours :irk But it's all gone now :)

I've been working on the ghan for my nephew and his GF. It's going slowly but I really like this stitch pattern :yes

Mary - I hope you enjoy each and every minute making baby things!

Well, I went and had a little three hour nap then woke up with Mr Cranky Pants :rolleyes I hate when he's in a snit first thing in the morning. In 15 minutes he's fine and I'm left here to stew :lol

Anyway, just gonna blow it off. It is *not* going to be one of those days. It's not gonna be one of those days. There. If I repeat to myself often enough it'll come true :lol

It is *not* going to be one of those days. It's not gonna be one of those days. There. If I repeat to myself often enough it'll come true :lol

Hey Cara, this didn't work for me. It is snowing, (normally I think it is beautiful) went to get sausage out of the freezer for breakfast. Oops, partially thawed. Juice in fridge was not cold. Think my refrigerator is dying. :( Had to move hutch and dishes into middle of kitchen to be able to move the refrigerator out for repair access. Repairman MAY get here today. Not the way I intended to spend my day. I so wanted to crochet and watch it snow. Murphy's Law. :yes

Hey Cara, this didn't work for me. It is snowing, (normally I think it is beautiful) went to get sausage out of the freezer for breakfast. Oops, partially thawed. Juice in fridge was not cold. Think my refrigerator is dying. :( Had to move hutch and dishes into middle of kitchen to be able to move the refrigerator out for repair access. Repairman MAY get here today. Not the way I intended to spend my day. I so wanted to crochet and watch it snow. Murphy's Law. :yes

Oh no! That's awful. :hug

OH NO! And to think I'm already lost just because my ice maker's on the fritz. If my fridge died I'd be in a serious panic :yes Hope they got it fixed today :hug

:clap

Good morning ladies,

Repairman arrived at 4:30. Afraid it was a compressor, turned out to be a relay (guy talk...whatever). $21 for part, $65 for the man. Much cheaper than a new fridge. We were happily making ice again. And then......guess what. About 10:00 last night, rain, cold and 45-50 mph winds, knocked the power out. We quit making ice. :eek Went to bed early. Couldn't see to crochet, no tv, no computer. Egads what did we do in the good old days? Up this a.m. to find snow, more wind, but power is back on and we're making ice again. Life is good.:yes

On the agenda for today-#1. Must foofy ornaments, #2 must foofy ornaments, #3 must foofy ornaments. (I'm trying Cara's technique again) :D

Can't wait for mail delivery. I am expecting 8 packages some time this week. One is actually a Christmas present, one was ordered by DH, the rest are mine...pattern books and YARN, just what I needed.

Hope you all have a good day and get some crafting done.:hook

Diane

must finish ornaments, must finish ornaments

Morning ladies :D

Having bit of a family crisis here the last couple of days. My BIL is in the hospital and he's quite ill. Started with cellulitis and seems it might be turning into kidney failure as well :( Plus, he has pancreatitis already and now that's failing.

My sister is not holding up real well with all this and on top of it she had to put their 16 yo boxer down this morning. They knew they would be doing that today. This was supposed to be the last weekend BIL could spend with his baby.

But other sister and I are getting ready to make an emergency prop up our sister visit just any moment now. After finishing up on the 'Ville real quick I'll be getting showered and will pack a bag to be ready to go on a moments notice if necessary.

Good vibes would be most appreciated right now. I'm actually pretty scared right now.

Having bit of a family crisis here the last couple of days. My BIL is in the hospital and he's quite ill. Started with cellulitis and seems it might be turning into kidney failure as well :( Plus, he has pancreatitis already and now that's failing.

My sister is not holding up real well with all this and on top of it she had to put their 16 yo boxer down this morning. They knew they would be doing that today. This was supposed to be the last weekend BIL could spend with his baby.

But other sister and I are getting ready to make an emergency prop up our sister visit just any moment now. After finishing up on the 'Ville real quick I'll be getting showered and will pack a bag to be ready to go on a moments notice if necessary.

Good vibes would be most appreciated right now. I'm actually pretty scared right now.

Oh, Cara:worried:cry:hug:hug:hug

My thoughts and prayers are will you all. Sending you lots of hugs, too. :hug

Okay, quick update....

I'm gonna have to make me a trip to beat a doctor I think :tryme He blew in last night saying the BILs trigylcerides (sp) were 4000. Well, that's a result from 2001 :irk They are still very high at 693 because the fool hasn't been taking his cholesterol meds. That's something that's gonna change but FAST!

And his sugar levels are elevated but he's actually improved some this morning thank goodness. He's not out of the woods yet but it's looking much better now.

I'm still gonna go pack my bags.

Okay, quick update....

I'm gonna have to make me a trip to beat a doctor I think :tryme He blew in last night saying the BILs trigylcerides (sp) were 4000. Well, that's a result from 2001 :irk They are still very high at 693 because the fool hasn't been taking his cholesterol meds. That's something that's gonna change but FAST!

And his sugar levels are elevated but he's actually improved some this morning thank goodness. He's not out of the woods yet but it's looking much better now.

I'm still gonna go pack my bags.

Oh, boy--- who the heck is in charge??? This looks like it's fixable.:hug

Cara ~ I'm so sorry about your BIL and hope he continues to improve. How awful to lose their dog at the same time all this is going on. :hug

Diane ~ Your fridge stories were great! I'm glad it was a minor repair. Yay for having new yarn to look forward to.:clap

Sorry I haven't been keeping up too well lately...just the usual parent problems. :sigh

Time for Gracie's walk and will check in later. :manyheart

:hugOh, Cara, Huge Hugs going out to you and your sister right now. :hug What a scare your brother-in-law is getting with his health. I hope the doctors get their acts together and figure out which end is up before you and your other sister reach the hospital, though it does sound as though someone needs to give them a piece of her mind :lol Prayers being said. Travel safely and update us when you can. Poor BIL!

:hug to you, too, Mary. Hope you enjoyed your walk with Gracie. Getting out of the house, away from the telephone ;), and in the fresh air ought to have helped a bit. Take care.

Diane ~ Did any of your wonderful packages reach you, today? Sounds like SUCH fun :yarn We would even enjoy pics of your unpacked goodies if time allows...:D Glad your refrigerator is running and making ice, again. That did sound like a catastrophe!

Judy, Nicole, Everyone Else ~ :hi

Between sick truck problems, snow, and getting DH ready to fly to Taiwan, I have been running around like a chicken with her head cut off. Did I tell you DH has to go to Taiwan? He just found out, and I am hoping the meetings progress smoothly so that he is able to join us in time for Christmas Eve! He has to miss the girls' Christmas Program at school, and I am real :cry about that, but I will record it for him to watch upon his return. For 10 years, he worked with engineers at a couple of different companies in Japan, and I begged him to travel there for work, so that I could tag along and visit all of my old haunts from my days of being an exchange student. The Japanese folks always came here, and I did not get an opportunity. Now, within 6 weeks of him starting up a new partnership, he is jetting off to Southeast Asia. Ah well, I have never traveled there, and I am sure he will bring back some great photos and stories. My time to crochet has been seriously compromised this week, but I hope to pick up a project tomorrow.

Good night.

Archived