Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning. :hi It's raining and very windy here this morning. Not fun weather to get out in in my opinion. :no And the guys are going to the hunting lodge later today for a final weekend of hunting! Are all hunters nuts? :think Kim and I are staying here where it's warm and dry!

I just realized that since I haven't mailed any of my Christmas gifts yet the odds are that none of them will arrive in time for Christmas. Sigh! :sigh Oh, well. They'll get there when they get there. This month has really gotten away from me.

Stay warm and have a great day! :manyheart

Good Morning, everyone! :)

Okay, here are the pictures of Ayden's quilt. The kitties and dogs are on the front and the dinosaurs are the back. I tried to take a close up of each side to show a bit of the details.

It turned out great, Linda! :clap He's going to love going to sleep with all the animals. :yes

I just saw that Julie is back! The new CAL is already a busy one. :hook

Oh! I washed the Jasie ghan (TLC cotton plus) and it came out just fine. :whewThe UPS tracking shows that the blue will be here today. :yay Today I'm going to finish up a little shopping and then finish wrapping...it's not easy with Zoe and Gracie helping. :lol

Howdy ladies :2hug

Oh I've been a lazy cuss all day :D It's that evil day after the RA med day so I've been in bed all day listening to a book, petting the kitties and dozing. I feel quite rested now :D Odd how it takes feeling sick and weak to get some rest, ain't it? :lol

Linda - Oh I like those cold, rainy, windy days....as long as I don't have to get dressed or leave the house :wink:lol I like the wind because it howls through our attic making the place sound almost haunted :eek Yes, I know I'm weird but I love it! :c9 Don't worry about the gifties. It just means extra Christmas cheer for the recipients :manyheart

Mary - Yep, Julie's new CAL is hopping from what I hear. Sounds like they're having a great time. :D Hooray for new yarn!! :cheer I'm dying to do more Christmas shopping. It's my absolute most favorite kind. But I'm out of things to buy and BD is starting to receive the credit card bills :blush:lol I hear ya about the "helpers". Tuon was sick for about 5 days so it was quieter here. The vet gave her a mega antibiotic the other day though and today she's back to her onery self. I'm happy to see her feeling good again but boy she and Ghost are making up for the lost play time :lol

Oh cool! I just talked BD into bringing home burgers for supper. So a day in bed and no cooking to boot :dance:yay Today has turned out simply grand :c9

I hope y'alls day has been just as fabulous! :manyheart

Hi, there, Cara. Lets see: several limbs got blown off the trees in the back yard (medium sized but did no damage), the glider got blown over and off the deck (I'm not touching that until John gets home), and it's chilly in the house (too many big windows). Otherwise we are fine.

I haven't accomplished a whole lot today. My hands do not like cold. rainy weather. I'm going to try to work on the RR this evening. It's not getting very far very fast. Here's a picture of it so far. It's got a long way to go in terms of getting done, but just next door to get to the recipient. It's for Rosie and John.

post-9295-135897486698_thumb.jpg

Linda, the RR is so pretty! Looks like a 2-strander. That's tough on the hands:hug

Maybe you need some fingerless gloves to help keep your hands warm while still letting you use your fingers for sewing, etc? I don't make them, but I was just gifted witha pair and they're wonderful! They were knitted.

Thanks Judy and Cara. The damage is minor and the wind finally let up towards evening. It's pretty quiet now.

I've been thinking about those gloves, too. I even thought about buying a regular pair of gloves and cutting the fingers off. And I'm planning on seeing if I can find a pattern that's not too difficult. I've made mittens before so maybe it won't be too bad.

Just checking in to see how everyone's doing!!!

I have been busy with last minute Christmas gifts...almost done now :P

We have had very bad weather here too there is ice everywhere its so heavy on the trees that the limps are breaking and snapping and the lights keep flashing...i sure hope the power doesn't go out :(

Wow Julie is back ...will have to go see what she is panning....don't think i will get drawn in though because i have the Cassa to get going on again and im starting the Crocheted Tree Of Life...plus the Crochet Olympics are going to be starting in Feb.

And oh wow there is Wendy...Hi Wendy!!! :hugBoy i was only gone for a week and i miss a lot!!!

Linda

Another very pretty RR...love the colors!!!How big will it be???

Cara

I hope you are feeling better :hug

Nite All!!!

Hi, everyone. It's partly sunny/partly cloudy today. The wind is just a breeze today, but it's cold. I've got about 9 more rows to go on the RR which should be at least 60 inches across. It's a two strander worked with a P hook. I'll check back later. I'm off to crochet.:hook

Hi, there, Cara. Lets see: several limbs got blown off the trees in the back yard (medium sized but did no damage), the glider got blown over and off the deck (I'm not touching that until John gets home), and it's chilly in the house (too many big windows). Otherwise we are fine.

I haven't accomplished a whole lot today. My hands do not like cold. rainy weather. I'm going to try to work on the RR this evening. It's not getting very far very fast. Here's a picture of it so far. It's got a long way to go in terms of getting done, but just next door to get to the recipient. It's for Rosie and John.

I love those colors, beautiful!!

I like this pattern, love cables......http://crochetme.com/patterns/cable-gauntlets

Hey, Cara, you can do it! Easy-peasy!!

BTW: I bookmarked it, too.

Thanks for the link, Tabby!

I like this pattern, love cables......http://crochetme.com/patterns/cable-gauntlets

Love the look. I saved it to try after the New Year.

It's overcast and cold today. I just finished getting an apple crisp ready to pop in the oven as soon as it heats up. Fixed scalloped potatoes and ham for Kim and I yesterday. I used half regular potatoes and half sweet potatoes and it turned out scrumptious. Unfortunately it bubbled over, so now I have to clean the oven. We have two so I'm using the other one for the apple crisp. :lol

I'm done to 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 rows left on the RR. I accomplished a lot yesterday as we watched Christmas movies on TV. There are so many good ones on now.

After the holidays I'm planning to get back to the Painted Desert, too. I really want to get it finished.

Have a wonderful Sunday. :hook

Good Morning, Ladies. :) I hope everyone had a good weekend. :yes

It's beautiful, Linda! The colors are wonderful together. :hook

Just checking in to see how everyone's doing!!!

I have been busy with last minute Christmas gifts...almost done now :P

We have had very bad weather here too there is ice everywhere its so heavy on the trees that the limps are breaking and snapping and the lights keep flashing...i sure hope the power doesn't go out :(

Wow Julie is back ...will have to go see what she is panning....don't think i will get drawn in though because i have the Cassa to get going on again and im starting the Crocheted Tree Of Life...plus the Crochet Olympics are going to be starting in Feb.

And oh wow there is Wendy...Hi Wendy!!! :hugBoy i was only gone for a week and i miss a lot!!!

Linda

Another very pretty RR...love the colors!!!How big will it be???

Cara

I hope you are feeling better :hug

Nite All!!!

Hi Shay. Can't wait to see your Casa again.

:hi all.

Linda, that RR is lovely. :yes

I found my Casa today and was tempted to work on it, but I put it where I can find it again. :lol Can't wait to get back to making saltines. :hook

Another Casa we'd like to see! ;):devil

It's so good to see you again, Tabby! :manyheart That's a great pattern. :)

Love the look. I saved it to try after the New Year.

It's overcast and cold today. I just finished getting an apple crisp ready to pop in the oven as soon as it heats up. Fixed scalloped potatoes and ham for Kim and I yesterday. I used half regular potatoes and half sweet potatoes and it turned out scrumptious. Unfortunately it bubbled over, so now I have to clean the oven. We have two so I'm using the other one for the apple crisp. :lol

I'm done to 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 rows left on the RR. I accomplished a lot yesterday as we watched Christmas movies on TV. There are so many good ones on now.

After the holidays I'm planning to get back to the Painted Desert, too. I really want to get it finished.

Have a wonderful Sunday. :hook

Your ham and scalloped potatoes sound yummy! I've enjoyed seeing Christmas movies, too...but Charlie Brown's Christmas is still my favorite show. :lol

We had a busy weekend. MIL's 94th Birthday party was yesterday...she isn't aware of much these days, but seemed to enjoy the cake and even had a little champagne. Gracie had school on Saturday and I've decided she will be getting coal in her stocking. :lol

Have a good morning...I hope to start on the baby ghan later today!

We had a busy weekend. MIL's 94th Birthday party was yesterday...she isn't aware of much these days, but seemed to enjoy the cake and even had a little champagne. Gracie had school on Saturday and I've decided she will be getting coal in her stocking. :lol

Have a good morning...I hope to start on the baby ghan later today!

I'm glad MIL had a good time.

Poor Gracie! Nothing but coal? What did she do?

It's sunshiny today! Yeah! John just left for a day of tests and doctor checkups for his hip surgery.

Went to HL yesterday during their 6 hours special of 15% off everything you buy, including sale items. I came home with two skeins of Fishermaen's Wool in Nature's Brown which should be enough to make me a warm shawl. I'll take $13 instead of $20 any day. Plus I've been wanting to try this yarn for over a year. It's the first time I've seen it in colors other than cream and I prefer colors that don't show dirt or stains so plainly. I'm such a clutz sometimes, that I inevitably spill something on the light colors.

Rosie helped me make the pillowcase for Ayden last night. Actually, she made it and I watched and ironed and cut. There is just one seam left to do and it will be ready to send. I was so tired I just couldn't wrap my head around the directions.

Hope everyone has a great day. I'm off to crochet. :hook

Archived