Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Thanks for the hugs, ladies. :manyheartMost days I deal with things just fine...

Dusti ~ Taiwan! How long will your DH be there? Oh, I hope he's back in time for Christmas. :yes Have you had lots of snow? Good luck with the truck problems. :hug

I have almost finished the border on the Jasie ghan. :cheer If Gracie cooperates, I may get it finished tonight. She just dragged her bed from the breakfast room into the den, crawled in and is sound asleep. :lol

Linda ~ 'Hope you are okay. :manyheart

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary - Oh dear. More parents woes :hug Yes, you do seem to deal very well most days. You're so very strong :manyheart Just save the hugs up for the days you need them :hug I'm also beginning to be able to sympathize with you on the pet vs crochet issue. Ghost just insists on being held the minute I pick up my project :rolleyes

Diane - I'm so glad the fridge is fixed! :clap Mine's still busted. BD replaced and checked the part they told us would fix it. It didn't :lol Seems to be the ice maker itself. Oh well at least so far, knock wood, that's it's only problem :xfin

Dusti - Taiwan!?! :eek Wow, now there's somewhere you don't hear folks traveling to that often. I sure hope he can be back home in time for the Christmas Eve festivities :hug

One more update on BIL for the day...

They got the results of the ultrasound he had this morning. He has a large mass on one of his kidneys :( They'll do a CT scan tomorrow to see what it is. But since his creatinine (sp...I'm gonna have to learn these fancy words) level is so high, they're saying it might well be a tumor and it's feeding off the nutrients. :worried That doesn't necessarily mean that it would be malignant though. Evidently benign tumors can do the same thing. We aren't speculating though. We'll just wait and see what happens.

I know just how very lucky I am to not have the issues some folks have with their families. Oh I have in the past when we were younger but I'm seriously attached to them now. Both my family and BDs. We're all very close and love each other very much. BIL is just a legal distinction in my mind. They're my brothers and I worry for them dreadfully.

Thanks so much for letting me ramble and for your boundless support :2hug

Mary - Sorry you're having troubles with the parents. :hug I love hearing about Gracie and her antics. She's so funny!

Dusti - Hi! :hi I really hope that dh is able to get back in time for Christmas with you and the girls. Sounds like you've been crazy busy lately!

Cara - My thoughts and prayers are still with your family. Ramble on as much as you need here. We don't mind at all. :hug Ghost sounds just like my Jack. He's that way...not just when I crochet, but whenever I'm sitting down, he wants to purr and lay in my lap. That is, unless I want him to lay in my lap. Then, he wants to be left alone. Cats! :rolleyes

Diane - I'm glad your fridge was fixed yesterday, but to lose power on top it...grr! I hope all is well in your world today!

Judy & Linda - Hi gals! I hope you're well.

Not much going on with me lately. I finished the flag part of my brother's afghan finally. Now, sewing on the stars. :eek

Cara, you're right about the mass acting the same whether benign or otherwise...we have a friend who went through a brain tumor - and it was benign, but still put him through a lot.

Nother step closer to figuring out what's wrong and treating him:hug:hug:hug

Hi, Nicole, Mary and Dusti - I'm hoping to finish the R/W/B lapghan today. It's been a gale-force wind and rainy morning so far...hopefully it'll improve later this AM. At least it's not a blizzard!

Good Morning! :)

Cara ~ We'll be keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers. :hug And we love rambling. :manyheart

Hi Nicole ~ Way to go on nearly finishing your Flag ghan. :clap

Judy ~ Good luck on finishing your lapghan. :hook

I've been wondering about Linda, so I looked back at posts. Last Friday, they were having Direct TV installed...maybe that messed up the internet. :think

It was 19 degrees with high winds when I got up this a.m.:eek It's not supposed to get out of the mid 20s with single digit windchills, but at least the sun is shining. No walk for Gracie and I today.:(

My Christmas list is written out with lots of question marks. Usually, I have everything done by now. :blush Tomorrow may be a marathon shopping trip. :lol

Good Morning! :)

Cara ~ We'll be keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers. :hug And we love rambling. :manyheart

Hi Nicole ~ Way to go on nearly finishing your Flag ghan. :clap

Judy ~ Good luck on finishing your lapghan. :hook

I've been wondering about Linda, so I looked back at posts. Last Friday, they were having Direct TV installed...maybe that messed up the internet. :think

It was 19 degrees with high winds when I got up this a.m.:eek It's not supposed to get out of the mid 20s with single digit windchills, but at least the sun is shining. No walk for Gracie and I today.:(

My Christmas list is written out with lots of question marks. Usually, I have everything done by now. :blush Tomorrow may be a marathon shopping trip. :lol

Colder than here!!:eek Keep little Gracie cozy:)

Hi ladies :waving

I just got up about an hour ago. I went right back to bed after BD went to work. Late night working on this ghan. Not a good nap with the phone ringing constantly, the neighbors out there banging on something metal sounding and Misa rolling all over the bed. :lol That last one is my fault. It's quite cold in here so I turned on the electric blanket. Misa loves that electric blanket :lol:cat

So today is more working on the ghan. First I have to take out meat for supper and decide if I wanna make some cookies. I need to wake up a bit more for the latter though :lol

How did the day play out for you, Cara?

It got cold here today, too. It started out in the 40's, but fell down to the low 20's by the time I got off work. It's in the teens now. All I can say is, "It's about flippin' time!" I love winter and it has been more fall-like weather since the middle of November.

I guess I'm weird. I love putting on my MP3 player and walking in the cold weather. I just love the way the air smells when it's getting ready to snow.

Hi Ladies. Brrr! The thermometer said 28 today but the wind was sooo cold. I got lots of stuff taken care of - mainly paperwork and dusted the whole downstairs. Now if someone will just come vacuum for me. ;)

Hi Nicole! Yay for cold weather! I love it, too but need warmer clothes. :yes

Evening #2 of Gracie dragging her bed into the den from the breakfast room. :lol I had over an hour of uninterrupted crochet time! :cheer I love her so much, but have missed my crochet time when DH is gone. :yes The RR is nearly done and it sure felt good draped around me tonight.

It's been a while since I posted pictures, but all I have to show are pet pictures. :D The same night Gracie discovered she could get up on the couch, Zoe decided to try out Gracie's crate. :lol

post-10699-135897483221_thumb.jpg

post-10699-135897483234_thumb.jpg

I guess I'm weird. I love putting on my MP3 player and walking in the cold weather. I just love the way the air smells when it's getting ready to snow.

You're not weird - or if you are, so am I:lol. I love being bundled up and breathing the cold air....and the smell of snow approaching. When it does snow I'm out at the crack of dawn chasing the dogs throuugh it. They get so excited!

Evening #2 of Gracie dragging her bed into the den from the breakfast room. :lol I had over an hour of uninterrupted crochet time! :cheer I love her so much, but have missed my crochet time when DH is gone. :yes The RR is nearly done and it sure felt good draped around me tonight.

It's been a while since I posted pictures, but all I have to show are pet pictures. :D The same night Gracie discovered she could get up on the couch, Zoe decided to try out Gracie's crate. :lol

Awwwww....they're so cute! I love the way cats like to leave their scent on things...as if to say: I'm in charge!:D

:rofl :rofl That look on Zoe's face is priceless! :lol You can almost hear her saying "It's mine now" :lol And isn't this cold weather fabulous? :c9

You're not weird - or if you are, so am I:lol. I love being bundled up and breathing the cold air....and the smell of snow approaching. When it does snow I'm out at the crack of dawn chasing the dogs throuugh it. They get so excited!

I love winter but not the snow and ice :lol

Good morning ladies :2hug

Ahhh winter has actually come to Central Texas :c9 It's very cold, very early for us this year. I'm hoping against hope that that means we're having our first "real" winter in the ten years since we've been back. I'm so terribly sick of hot all the time :lol I expect hot in the summer and I accept it but gosh I miss winter :dreaming

As I told Nicole a minute ago, yesterday was terribly unproductive for me :blush I've found a new blog called Southern Plate. I'm developing a nasty recipe collecting habit. This happens every winter but this year is the worst, I must say :lol I've finally read the whole blog to date as of last night. Now maybe I can get something done :lol

Today's my day out and I'm getting more yarn to finish up this ghan for my nephew and his GF. It's coming out a lot better than I thought it would so far. I'm seriously hoping once I get this Christmas thing over with I can keep my mojo going and get back to designing :hook

Have a tremendous day everyone :ghug

Good Morning! Yes, it's cold! But the sun is shining and not much wind - a beautiful winter day. :)

Zoe may look like she's in charge, but only when the "Holy Terror" is asleep. :lol

I'm off to do some shopping. My list has things on opposite sides of the city, so there may be one more trip. DD and her DH have decided to name the little guy Luke. :c9 They are getting so excited and so is Grandma. :lol Here is the crib bedding they picked out. It's all reversible and also has a paisley crib skirt...or maybe she decided on the stripe. :think Anyway, the blues are great blues for finding yarn!

post-10699-135897483297_thumb.jpg

post-10699-135897483301_thumb.jpg

Good morning ladies :yawn

Mary - Oh that bedding is wonderful. I love blue and brown and pink and brown together :yes

How's everyone this fine morning? I am beat! :lol Yesterday was a very big day! Sister came to pick me up at 10:05 yesterday morning and we didn't get home until 6:26 :eek But oh my goodness did we have fun :D

I do believe I now have everything I need for Christmas except time. They were fresh out of that :rofl But I have all my supplies (I hope) now I just have to get everything done. Thank goodness the get together with my family isn't until the first week of January :lol

Today and this weekend I have to do my baking and candy making. Next week is BDs last week before 2 weeks vacation so I've got to get all the baskets done for him to take to work.

Don't expect to see me until I show up covered in flour and powdered sugar on Monday :lol

Have a great weekend everyone :2hug

Hi Ladies! Thanks for the compliments on the pictures...I love the blues and browns, too. :yes

Cara ~ Your weekend sounds like fun! Enjoy your baking and candy making. :manyheart

Today was errands and lunch with DH. Very little crocheting getting done around here lately, but I've decided on the yarn for the baby ghan and will order TLC Cotton Plus in Light Blue. :yarn The Jasie ghan is finished except for one more border row. :cheer

Mary ~ Did you have a productive day of shopping? Were you able to hit both ends of town, or do you still have to go out, again? Love the crib bedding your DD chose! Those colors will be soooo easy for you to work with ;)

Cara ~ Boy, does it sound as though you had a great day out with your sister. We'll look for you once the flour, cocoa powder, confectioners' sugar and cinnamon are tamed and shaped into Christmas sweets. Baking is on out agenda, tomorrow, too :yes The girls and I picked 15 recipes we just had to make this year. Can you imagine the sugar high? Mmmmmm! Take care, and I hope all goes smoothly for you.

Nicole ~ I do think you are a little crazy to like this chilly weather :lol I like cool and brisk, but our high of -11 degrees today is for the birds! :wbrr Congrats on your progress on your Flag-ghan. Are you making 50 stars to sew on it, or are you making just a few to give the idea of stars on the field of blue? Looking forward to seeing it, when you are done.

Judy ~ Staying warm on your end? Enough snow to give you and your pups a workout? Bundle up, when you go out.

Wait 'til you see the gloves I am working on! I am so impressed. None of the patterns I tried worked well, once I had a hook and yarn in hand, so I did my own thing, and it worked! Bi-colored, textured, and perfect for SIL's Christmas present (She is 18 and completely obsessed with texting and computing, without any regard to the temps.). Fingerless gloves struck me as ridiculous this fall, but the more pairs I saw coming-and-going from school, the more interested I became. I will try to post a picture this weekend.

Happy :hook!

Hi, Dusti - no snow here...we're in the middle on NJ, too close to the ocean for it yet. It was 23 F this AM, though, and the wind made it feel like 7. I thought my face was going to freeze. Lots of potty breaks for our old girl Susie, and the younger one wants to go too, so I've been out in the cold a lot today.

Hi Ladies! Thanks for the compliments on the pictures...I love the blues and browns, too. :yes

Today was errands and lunch with DH. Very little crocheting getting done around here lately, but I've decided on the yarn for the baby ghan and will order TLC Cotton Plus in Light Blue. :yarn The Jasie ghan is finished except for one more border row. :cheer

How is that yarn to work with - and how does it hold up? My close friend has a DD expecting in July, and I told her if it was a girl she'd have a pink blanket in addition to the frog one I'm already planning on making. I was thinking cotton, since it's a Summer baby.

Hi Dusti! -11! :eek I grew up in Iowa, but have been in Texas since high school so it's hard for me to remember that kind of winter. (Not sure if I want to. :lol) The gloves sound great and can't wait for pictures. Making cookies with the girls will be fun and a great way to stay warm, too. :manyheart

Judy ~ I absolutely love working with the Cotton Plus. It's soft and has a very slight sheen to it...it's 51% cotton and 49% acrylic. :think I haven't washed the "Jasie" ghan yet, but there are dozens of reviews at JoAnn's website and most people have only positive things to say about it.

Judy ~ I absolutely love working with the Cotton Plus. It's soft and has a very slight sheen to it...it's 51% cotton and 49% acrylic. :think I haven't washed the "Jasie" ghan yet, but there are dozens of reviews at JoAnn's website and most people have only positive things to say about it.

Thanks for the information, Mary.

Archived