Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Hey, I was married in Vegas. 28 years ago on the 14th of this month. It was in a small chapel right across Circus Circus. :lol I just recently found a small album at my sisters house (she's moving) that had pictures of that weekend and I had fun telling my sons about it. :)

Oh, sorry. You ladies don't know me. I'm Pat from the Island of Guam. I've been following this cal for a loooong time just reading. Hope you don't mind.

Howdy Pat! :hi Nope we don't mind folks who just jump in or lurk. :D

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's Susie in her "dogleggs"

Hopefully it'll prevent any further injuries to her elbow. I got it to cover the other one, too, just in case. The contraption is very lightweight and adjustable because of velcro,

Well she seems to like them cuz she's smiling! :D

Hi Pat, nice to meet you. I am a newbie and everyone has been so welcoming. Nice that you decided to chat. How fun to share those memories with your sons. I'm kinda the "story teller" in our family. My nieces and nephews love it when I visit because I spill the beans on everybody, including myself. (but nothing too inappropriate. I know when to keep my mouth shut as well. lol

:lol :lol :lol

Good morning ladies :2hug

How's everyone this morning? It's raining up a storm here. I didn't even know we had rain coming :lol But ohhh do I have a monster sinus headache this morning :(

I'm supposed to clean today as we have company coming tomorrow. But poor BD has to go to work at 11 last night to run overnight computer maintenance. Was supposed to be home around 2:30. Poor guy is *still* there and it's 9 am :( He's hoping he can come home here pretty quick. I hope so. He went in in sweats and that's not allowed. They have a very lax dress code but not *that* lax :lol

That'll make the cleaning a bit more difficult as I'll have to be quiet about it so he can sleep. Guess it'll just be a quick clean :lol

Have a great day everyone :manyheart

Cara, a quick clean is all that's needed most times....

I try not be as obsessive about such things as my better half is :lol

Susie still seems happy in her dogleggs...I can hardly wait to see her pic on the company's website:)

Hi, everybody. We're up and awake. It a beautiful sun shiny day here today. In fact, Kim was awake before me this morning. She was raising up and peeking at me as soon as I started to move. I was having one of those dreams that's so vivid that you wake up totally disoriented from it and have trouble sorting out where you really are. Yuck! :yuck

I worked on the RR yesterday. I've completed the first half of the rows which is about 1/4 of the crocheting. :lol I think it's sewing for today. I have to put the binding on the last 4 preemie quilts. One is done.

John finally went to see the orthopedic surgeon about his hip. He's going to be having a total hip replacement in January. He's be down to bone on bone for at least two years according to the surgeon. He also needs a knee replacement on the other side, but not as desperately as the hip replacement. Maybe he can quit eating excedrin like it's going out of style after he has the surgery. It should be an interesting month or so. :P

Good Morning, Ladies. :) Thank you all for the well wishes.:manyheart I am so glad that procedure is over with for another 4 years! We may go out to dinner tomorrow night, but DH offered to grill steaks and that sounds good to me.

We have news! Little Sprout cooperated for the doctor yesterday and it's a Boy!:c9

Enough about me...I'm going back to catch up on posts now.:yes

Cara, a quick clean is all that's needed most times....

I try not be as obsessive about such things as my better half is :lol

Susie still seems happy in her dogleggs...I can hardly wait to see her pic on the company's website:)

Too true about the cleaning :yes If I just pick up all the cat toys the place would be about 50% cleaner :lol Oh Susie's gonna be famous! :clap

John finally went to see the orthopedic surgeon about his hip. He's going to be having a total hip replacement in January. He's be down to bone on bone for at least two years according to the surgeon. He also needs a knee replacement on the other side, but not as desperately as the hip replacement. Maybe he can quit eating excedrin like it's going out of style after he has the surgery. It should be an interesting month or so. :P

Oh dear :( Hopefully the surgery will fix the problem and he'll be his old self real soon :manyheart

We have news! Little Sprout cooperated for the doctor yesterday and it's a Boy!:c9

*squeal* Congratulations!!! I see much blue yarn in your near future :D I'm just so happy for y'all :manyheart

Wow! Lots of posts in the last couple of day. :hook

Pat ~ Welcome! We have lots of fun and really do crochet, too. :lol

Diane ~ Your afghans are all wonderful! I love that your anniversary is on Halloween. :) Some friends of ours married on April Fool's Day.:lol

Hi Erin! ~ Little Alex is such a cutie! I hope you're doing well. :hug

Judy ~ Aww! Susie is so pretty! I hope she is all better soon. The doglegs (sp?) look like a wonderful invention for her problem.

Linda ~ Hi! Looking forward to seeing the preemie quilts. :yes Ouch! John won't be having much fun after Christmas. I hope you'll have some extra help while he's recuperating. :hug

Cara ~ Thank goodness we're not having company...even a quick clean wouldn't help me right now. :lol We've had lots of rain, too. It's supposed to cool off later - hope they're right!

Hi Dusti! I'll bet the girls are getting excited about the Holidays. :) Have you all had any winter weather yet?

Please forgive me if I've forgotten anyone...I hope to be on a normal schedule now - whatever that is! :lol

Good Morning, Ladies. :) Thank you all for the well wishes.:manyheart I am so glad that procedure is over with for another 4 years! We may go out to dinner tomorrow night, but DH offered to grill steaks and that sounds good to me.

Awwww....a little sprout:manyheart

Congratulations, Mary! :yay Blue is definitely in your future. :lol

Here's Susie in her "dogleggs"

Hopefully it'll prevent any further injuries to her elbow. I got it to cover the other one, too, just in case. The contraption is very lightweight and adjustable because of velcro,

What a great product, Judy. Susie does not look at all uncomfortable, and I think she is a natural model ;) Sure hope they do the trick and help her heal quickly.

Thanks everyone. Maybe now I'll speak up alittle.

Oh, please do :yes Welcome to the group!

Golly! It sounds as though John must be in a ton of pain (and it amazes me that he held out this long before agreeing to surgery). So glad the surgery is scheduled, and I will keep him in my prayers for a smooth recovery. Will you be able to care for him during his recovery, as well as Kim? :hug to you all. Your preemie quilts are lovely. They will be such a treasure for families at this time of year.

:yay:yay Congratulations to your whole family. What wonderful news :manyheart Do you have the Jacie-ghan finished and yarn purchased for your next baby gift? It is awful that you have to wait so long before you can actually hold and spoil the little sprout, isn't it? Waiting until one can actually get a good ultrasound image seems to take forever, but now you all have to sit back and relax until the baby grows big enough to join the family. "Hurry up, Little One! You are much anticipated." :hug All else looks well with your DD??

Wow! Lots of posts in the last couple of day. :hook

Hi Dusti! I'll bet the girls are getting excited about the Holidays. :) Have you all had any winter weather yet?

We had an awful storm of snow and ice just in time for Halloween, but once it melted, the weather has been glorious -- sunshine, temps in the upper-40s; perfect. Annika wore a red dress to church this morning. I asked why she chose that one, since she always wears pink, but she told me, "It has snowflakes on it, and I want lots of snow to fall real soon!" :flake Apparently, she does not remember :wbrr and the fear I have driving on icy roads :think Ah well, both girls definitely take after DH and look forward to all of the outdoor activities that go along with a good snowfall. I will just have to brew many cups of coffee and grin at them through the front windows, because I am much-less-enthusiastic for winter to settle in.

After Mass this morning, Kyri read the opening prayer and welcomed the congregation to the service, so I had to be there as the proud mommy :blush, I stayed at school for a PTA meeting, and then I helped with an art project in the Kindergarten classroom before scurrying home. I have invited our neighbors over for a dessert buffet this evening, and I needed to pull my dishes together. All is ready, now. It will be so fun to visit and do a bit of entertaining. No time with my yarn, but I plan to get in some crochet-time tomorrow :hook

Hope you all have a great weekend!

:clap

Hi Ladies, I am looking forward to crocheting and watching NASCAR's final race weekend. Sad that it is the last. :( But they will be back in February.

Mary-Congrats on the new baby boy. Is the little Sprout your grandson? I have a great grandson and he is referred to as "the Nugget".

Yay me. :cheer Afghan #11 is done. I finally finished tucking in all those loose ends that the Official Sick Women love so much. I haven't been able to figure out how to post pictures of them here but they are in my photo bucket.

I have my 2nd cataract surgery scheduled for this coming Tuesday. I am so looking forward to it. First eye was done 10 days ago and the results were great. Can't wait.

Gotta start on dinner then will settle in with my cozy jammies, hook and watch all the shows I recorded this week. I need to get caught up on Grey's Anatomy.

TTYL

Linda, your quilts are adorable! :c9 I really like the fabrics you chose for the contrast blocks. Beautiful work.

Dusti ~ What a busy day! A dessert buffet sounds wonderful. :) Yes, DD is doing great and hasn't had any problems at all.

I'm still a little out of focus from the anesthesia, but tomorrow should be all back to normal...Gracie has school so I need to be strong. :lol

:clapYay me. :cheer Afghan #11 is done. I finally finished tucking in all those loose ends that the Official Sick Women love so much. I haven't been able to figure out how to post pictures of them here but they are in my photo bucket.

I have my 2nd cataract surgery scheduled for this coming Tuesday. I am so looking forward to it. First eye was done 10 days ago and the results were great. Can't wait.

Gotta start on dinner then will settle in with my cozy jammies, hook and watch all the shows I recorded this week. I need to get caught up on Grey's Anatomy.

TTYL

To post pictures here you press the paper clip button and then pull up the picture on you computer you want to post and upload it. It will show up when you post your comment.

Grey's Anatomy was really good this week.

Good luck with the dessert buffet, Dusti. Sounds like fun. Can we crash the party? :D

Speaking of babies...my dearest friend in FLA (she has MS, too) has a DD living here in NJ, and she just learned she's going to be a G'ma. I offered to make a special blanket...and arrived at a certain choice because of what the future parents are currently calling the baby.

Tadpole.

It'll be a graphed frog:D

Archived