Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The back of this shawl is now 1/3 done. It's supposed to be a Christmas gift, but I think DD's mother-in-law is in need of it more. Her husband just went into the hospice program and keeping him comfortable is about all they can do for him now. It's a very aggressive cancer, it's in his brain and it's not responding to treatment. Sigh! :sigh Sometimes life just isn't fair.

No it's not :no You're a wonderful woman to make her something to comfort her :hug

Well, Zoe is...Zoe, but it took forever until we could trust her at night. ;) It sounds like Ghost is adapting more quickly. I hope she doesn't decide the water bowl is where your yarn belongs. :lol

[...]

Walmart has a new RH yarn called "Azure" (I think)...it's softer than Turqua and very pretty. I got some today for Just Ducky. No crocheting yet, but Gracie is fading and I may get a couple more rows done on the ribbed scarf.

Nope, Tuon's our water dish player :lol She doesn't drink straight from the bowl. She dips her paw in then licks the water off. When she's had her fill she then flings water on the floor. Nut job cat :rolleyes The other day at WM I also saw a new color called Aruba Sea. A very pretty blue :yes

Good morning ladies :2hug

I feel great today! :D The nights are finally getting cool enough to where the house isn't too bad at night. Of course our low's are still some of y'alls highs but still :lol Mid 50s or so and I'm sleeping rather well :D

Today I'm gonna work on some gifties and some ornament ideas I have. Hope they look good crocheted. They look pretty nifty on paper anyway :lol

Have a great day everyone :ghug

No it's not :no You're a wonderful woman to make her something to comfort her :hug

Thanks, Cara. I know what she's going through and it is NOT fun. Ten years ago I was where she is now. It's hard and you feel so terribly helpless.

Nope, Tuon's our water dish player :lol She doesn't drink straight from the bowl. She dips her paw in then licks the water off. When she's had her fill she then flings water on the floor. Nut job cat :rolleyes The other day at WM I also saw a new color called Aruba Sea. A very pretty blue :yes

I love your descriptions of Tuon and the water bowl. I can just see her doing it. :manyheart

Good day everyone. It's been raining since about 1:15 this morning. Yes, I was still up then. My bedtime changes drastically when I'm taking care of Kim 24 hours a day.

John's on his way home from the lodge. Mark got a doe this weekend and John got two doe. We basically eat venison instead of beef. I'm not sure it's any cheaper when you figure in the processing fees, but John gets lots of enjoyment out of the hunting and it's very lean meat.

Good day everyone. It's been raining since about 1:15 this morning. Yes, I was still up then. My bedtime changes drastically when I'm taking care of Kim 24 hours a day.

John's on his way home from the lodge. Mark got a doe this weekend and John got two doe. We basically eat venison instead of beef. I'm not sure it's any cheaper when you figure in the processing fees, but John gets lots of enjoyment out of the hunting and it's very lean meat.

They enjoyment is what makes it worth the ticket price, imho :yes And yes, venison is very good for you :yes

Thank you, ladies...and Gracie says thank you, too. :manyheart

Cara, way to go on making it to JoAnn's! I need to be better about keeping up with coupons. :yes

Linda ~ As much as I cheer for the deer, there's nothing better than chicken fried venison backstrap with cream gravy. :lol Congratulations on finishing the RR!

DH left this a.m. and will be gone until Friday. :( I have a "to do" list that is way too long, but am going to do my best to get through it this week. Most of it is paper work - ours and MIL's. The ribbed scarf needs about 5 or 6 rows and I've made a few more little squares today. :crocheting

Have a good evening, everyone. :)

How are you doing without DH? Are Gracie and Zoe keeping you company?

The back of this shawl is now 1/3 done. It's supposed to be a Christmas gift, but I think DD's mother-in-law is in need of it more. Her husband just went into the hospice program and keeping him comfortable is about all they can do for him now. It's a very aggressive cancer, it's in his brain and it's not responding to treatment. Sigh! :sigh Sometimes life just isn't fair.

:no Life definitely isn't fair. :hug My prayers are with them.

Hi, Ladies. :)

Well, Zoe is...Zoe, but it took forever until we could trust her at night. ;) It sounds like Ghost is adapting more quickly. I hope she doesn't decide the water bowl is where your yarn belongs. :lol

I'm so sorry to hear about Joy's father-in-law. Please tell her that we have her family in our hearts and prayers. :manyheart

Walmart has a new RH yarn called "Azure" (I think)...it's softer than Turqua and very pretty. I got some today for Just Ducky. No crocheting yet, but Gracie is fading and I may get a couple more rows done on the ribbed scarf.

So, it's Azure a color or a type of yarn?

:rofl Cooper loves playing in the water bowl. He will drink directly from the bowl, but loves splashing in it, too!!!

I feel great today! :D The nights are finally getting cool enough to where the house isn't too bad at night. Of course our low's are still some of y'alls highs but still :lol Mid 50s or so and I'm sleeping rather well :D

Today I'm gonna work on some gifties and some ornament ideas I have. Hope they look good crocheted. They look pretty nifty on paper anyway :lol

We've had really warm weather lately. We've had low temps around 55 or so. It has been great sleeping weather!! Of course, that makes me want to stay in bed longer and I have to get up to go to work. :sigh At least I still have a job though so no complaints there.

I've never cared much for deer meat. I've tried and it's okay, but not my fav. I don't like beef much either though. I'm weird! :D

Hi to everyone else! Hope you're doing well. I'll chat with you later. :manyheart

Happy Tuesday, Ladies!

What is it with our cats and water? :lol Where did I get Azure for Aruba Sea? :D Oh well, I'm almost 60 :eek, so I guess it's a senior moment. :lol

Can't wait to hear about your projects!

Hi Linda. :) 'Hope you get more rest now than John will be home. :hug

Nicole ~ Yes, Gracie and Zoe are good company. :yes DH's territory is the western half of the U.S., so he's gone a lot...I miss him, but he can't retire yet. :lol What are you working on now?

DD is now in her 20th week! :c9 They are both so happy and she has had no problems at all! Next week we may find out the gender. :)

DD is now in her 20th week! :c9 They are both so happy and she has had no problems at all! Next week we may find out the gender. :)

Oh, that's exciting. But sometimes they don't turn right so you can see the equipment.

John's home. And it's continuing to rain. Really and dark and dismal. And it's bringing the leaves down like mad. The trees in front are almost bare and the ones in back aren't far behind.

Thank you - Judy, Linda and Cara! If Little Sprout (what Son-in-law calls the baby :lol) isn't in the right position, a surprise would be nice...just like in the "old days." ;)

It feels good to be making squares again! Things have been a bit stressful around here and making squares always help me relax. If I get started on our screwed up families, it could be the longest post the 'ville has ever seen. :lol Needless to say, I continue to use Caller ID and Callnotes...

Thanks for listening.:manyheart Gracie is asleep on the den rug, so back to making little squares. :crocheting

Thank you - Judy, Linda and Cara! If Little Sprout (what Son-in-law calls the baby :lol) isn't in the right position, a surprise would be nice...just like in the "old days." ;)

It feels good to be making squares again! Things have been a bit stressful around here and making squares always help me relax. If I get started on our screwed up families, it could be the longest post the 'ville has ever seen. :lol Needless to say, I continue to use Caller ID and Callnotes...

Thanks for listening.:manyheart Gracie is asleep on the den rug, so back to making little squares. :crocheting

Little Sprout :lol I'm so glad you find the squares relaxing. Truly, hearing that kind of thing makes everything worth the work :manyheart And we're big on Caller ID around here too :lol What is Callnotes though? Of course, during the day if I don't answer my family freaks out thinking I've fallen down and broken a hip or something :rolleyes Do they not understand nap time? :rofl

How's everyone today? I woke up with a horrible sinus headache but it's gone now :D

I started on my ornaments last night. I didn't get a chance during the day because my two silly sisters have been very chatty via email of late :lol That's one of those things that I just simply cannot pass up. I am seriously addicted to my sisters :manyheart

But I finally got to them last night. I'm still trying to decide if I like them of course :lol I will continue to work on that today :hook

Happy Wednesday, ladies. :)

Hi Cara ~ Looking forward to seeing your ornaments! Callnotes is voicemail with AT&T...love it. :yes

Zoe spent the night in the pantry. :lol When Gracie and I got up and came into the kitchen, there was a very quiet Meow noise. She seemed quite comfortable...had placemats for a bed and a new bag of cat food that she had ripped open. She probably wondered where the water bowl was. :D The only other time this happened was when she was a kitten - guess I'll be more careful. :yes

Chores are done, Gracie has had a walk and I'm looking forward to crochet time this afternoon.

Good morning Mary! :hi:hug Oh how funny is that about Zoe? :rofl :rofl She probably was thinking how wonderful it was to finally have her own pad :rofl :rofl Oh I crack me up :D

When Tuon was itty bitty BD accidentally trapped her in the fridge! :eek Thank goodness after he got his food he went straight back to put the Miracle Whip away. He said she was reaching out her paw as if to say "Help!!" He felt awful about it. But thankfully she's fine and she no longer crawls into the fridge :lol Though I am *very* careful about making sure there's no one in the fridge or freezer that doesn't belong there now :wink

Zoe spent the night in the pantry. :lol When Gracie and I got up and came into the kitchen, there was a very quiet Meow noise. She seemed quite comfortable...had placemats for a bed and a new bag of cat food that she had ripped open. She probably wondered where the water bowl was. :D The only other time this happened was when she was a kitten - guess I'll be more careful. :yes

Oh, dear! :rofl :rofl

When Tuon was itty bitty BD accidentally trapped her in the fridge! :eek Thank goodness after he got his food he went straight back to put the Miracle Whip away. He said she was reaching out her paw as if to say "Help!!" He felt awful about it. But thankfully she's fine and she no longer crawls into the fridge :lol Though I am *very* careful about making sure there's no one in the fridge or freezer that doesn't belong there now :wink

I've never had one do that before!

Hi, everyone. The rain finally stopped some time in the night. It's just been very windy and overcast so far today.

After talking to Joy yesterday, I've started a prayer shawl in dark green for her MIL. That is apparently one of her favorite colors. I'm doing it with Caron SS yarn so it will be super soft around her shoulders.

I'm getting lined up for the November Charity CAL which starts tomorrow. Preemie quilts with Christmas mice on them are at least one of the things I'll be working on. And the prayer shawl for Vicki. And if I can work it in, a couple of baby quilts, too. Those 6 days always seem to fly by.

I used some of the wild pork sausage in a stroganoff dish last night and it turned out very tasty. Noodles, sausage, sauted onion, mushrooms, and garlic, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream and spices. Yummy!

That's funny - FIL's kitten has gotten left in the garage...and actually between the front screen door and the main door! TG not for long, either time....Cats are sneaky:yes

Linda, I need to pick something for the charity weekend...probably something "baby":hook Tomorrow is FIL day again, so not much hooking for me.

That's funny - FIL's kitten has gotten left in the garage...and actually between the front screen door and the main door! TG not for long, either time....Cats are sneaky:yes

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Good morning, my friends. The sun is shining! Whee! It's amazing what a couple of good nights' sleep will do for my spirits. It's the November Charity CAL weekend, so I'll be working on charity items for the next 6 days. Vicki's prayer shawl and preemie quilts are at the top of the list although I am going to hide the tails on my swap partners gifts today, too. And with the sun finally out, I can take some good pictures, too. Hope you all have a good day! :hug:manyheart:hug

Good Morning, all. :manyheart

Linda, I need to pick something for the charity weekend...probably something "baby":hook Tomorrow is FIL day again, so not much hooking for me.

Have a safe trip, Judy. I just saw on the news about all the rain up your way.

Good morning, my friends. The sun is shining! Whee! It's amazing what a couple of good nights' sleep will do for my spirits. It's the November Charity CAL weekend, so I'll be working on charity items for the next 6 days. Vicki's prayer shawl and preemie quilts are at the top of the list although I am going to hide the tails on my swap partners gifts today, too. And with the sun finally out, I can take some good pictures, too. Hope you all have a good day! :hug:manyheart:hug

Yay for pictures! You are so organized...and your preemie ghans are always wonderful. :hook

Errands, a haircut and maybe lunch with DD are on the list for today. DH will be home tomorrow, so I really need to buy groceries. :lol His ribbed scarf is on hold until he tells me how wide he would like it. Maybe locking Zoe in the pantry wasn't so bad;) ...she woke me up at 4:30 this a.m. :yawn

Have a great day, everyone. :)

Oh no! :lol Yes, they are very sneaky :lol

Well, you're certainly gonna be busy! But you always are :yes Can't wait for photos! :clap

Errands, a haircut and maybe lunch with DD are on the list for today. DH will be home tomorrow, so I really need to buy groceries. :lol His ribbed scarf is on hold until he tells me how wide he would like it. Maybe locking Zoe in the pantry wasn't so bad;) ...she woke me up at 4:30 this a.m. :yawn

When Tuon does that, that's when we close the bedroom door :lol Have a great day out :hug

Archived