Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Good morning ladies :flower

Oh I stayed up way too late last :yawn I can never sleep on Wednesday nights. I think it's the excitement of the impending Thursday day out :lol

My sister didn't say what time she wanted to get going today so I didn't know how late to sleep. I set the alarm for 9 but by the time I was drawing up Tuon's insulin the clock said quarter to 10. Surely my alarm didn't go off for half an hour! :eek

Anyway, I'm up now and it's not like it'll be too exhausting a day. I pretty much have a Walmart run and bingo. Think I can handle that even half asleep. Of course, we do sit close to the bingo caller and the sound of the balls floating in that machine makes me drowsy sometimes :lol

I got another ornament and a little sachet that was supposed to be an ornament but I think it works better as a sachet. So bonus surprise design :lol That happens sometimes :yes

Have a great day y'all :2hug

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have a safe trip, Judy. I just saw on the news about all the rain up your way.

Rain AND wind! I had both hands tightly clenched on the wheel both coming and going...the car was shimmying...

And we just got an automated Code Red call from the township about very dangerous winds and flooding n areas (not us, with flooding) so we went out and brought in loose cushions and lounge chairs.....keeping our fingers crossed with the tall treesout back.

The warning is through Friday night,

Rain AND wind! I had both hands tightly clenched on the wheel both coming and going...the car was shimmying...

And we just got an automated Code Red call from the township about very dangerous winds and flooding n areas (not us, with flooding) so we went out and brought in loose cushions and lounge chairs.....keeping our fingers crossed with the tall treesout back.

The warning is through Friday night,

Be very careful, Judy. That doesn't sound like any fun at all. Hope the trees stay up. :hug

DD's FIL died earlier today. He went very peacefully Joy said.

Finally got pictures taken of the last shawl (very deep purple) and RR (teals & purples).

post-9295-135897472914_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897472918_thumb.jpg

Linda - Oh no :( That's too bad DDs FIL. Was this Joy's FIL? And that shawl is TO DIE!! :drool And another beautiful RR :clap

Yes, that's Joy's FIL. I'm making a prayer shawl in dark green for her MIL Hopefully I can get it to her before the funeral next week.

Yes, that's Joy's FIL. I'm making a prayer shawl in dark green for her MIL Hopefully I can get it to her before the funeral next week.

Oh you're so sweet to do that for her :hug

Joy - I'm so very sorry about your FIL :hug Our thoughts are with y'all :manyheart

Be very careful, Judy. That doesn't sound like any fun at all. Hope the trees stay up. :hug

Finally got pictures taken of the last shawl (very deep purple) and RR (teals & purples).

So sorry to hear about Joy's FIL. Please tell her she and her family are in our thoughts and prayers. :hug

The shawl is gorgeous, Linda! The RR is so pretty...I love the colors you chose and the way you blended them. :clap

Judy, glad you made it home safely. :manyheart

Hi Cara! Did you have a good day out?

I hope they stay up, too..there are a few dead ones scattered about:P

Your shawl and RR are exquisite! Truly beautiful work.:clap

Hugs to Joy and the entire family - that's so sad.:hug

Hi Cara! Did you have a good day out?

Oh I had a fantabulous day out thank you :manyheart Went to bingo of course. It was really a great session. The daily caller is my sister's ex-husbands uncle who doesn't like my ex BIL either :lol

We sit up front and they harass each other. Yesterday they were in rare form. I laughed so hard my face hurt from all the smiling :lol Then a trip to the library (2 of them actually) which always makes me stupid happy and a good WM run. What's not to love? :D

Savoring these simple pleasures are what makes life so wonderful :manyheart

Good morning ladies :2hug

I'm up bright and early for reasons I can't even begin to fathom :lol But there you have it.

Today I need to seriously buckle down on the recipe book and I'm gonna make some sachets for my sisters and nieces to add to their Christmas packages. And I got a great list from everyone for things they want me to make them. It's so nice to be appreciated :manyheart In addition to the sachets I'll gonna make pet blanket/pads for my sister to help keep the fur off her couch from her furbabies. Oh the list goes on and on :lol

But I do believe all the requests I got yesterday have sparked my lagging mojo which is a great thing :hook

Oh I had a fantabulous day out thank you :manyheart Went to bingo of course. It was really a great session. The daily caller is my sister's ex-husbands uncle who doesn't like my ex BIL either :lol

We sit up front and they harass each other. Yesterday they were in rare form. I laughed so hard my face hurt from all the smiling :lol Then a trip to the library (2 of them actually) which always makes me stupid happy and a good WM run. What's not to love? :D

Savoring these simple pleasures are what makes life so wonderful :manyheart

I'm so glad you had a good day! That's what I told my FIL yesterday as we left Friendly's - it's the simple things in life that make the days wonderful.:)

Enjoy making your new projects.

I'm working on saltines for the charity CAL weekend...now that my thread project is finished. I have it still drying and then need to take a pic.

Today I need to seriously buckle down on the recipe book and I'm gonna make some sachets for my sisters and nieces to add to their Christmas packages. And I got a great list from everyone for things they want me to make them. It's so nice to be appreciated :manyheart In addition to the sachets I'll gonna make pet blanket/pads for my sister to help keep the fur off her couch from her furbabies. Oh the list goes on and on :lol

But I do believe all the requests I got yesterday have sparked my lagging mojo which is a great thing :hook

Sounds like a great day yesterday, Cara. It sounds like you have as many irons in the fire as I do. :lol :lol :lol

My little thread project...

That's lovely, Judy.

I will pass everyone's good wishes on to Joy and her MIL and family. I had to visit the frog pond last night. I was at the halfway point on the back of the shawl when I realized I'd made a mistake about 5 rows back. It was major. So I'm now past the point where I was when I went visiting the frog pond. That shawl is my focus for today. It I can get it in the mail by tomorrow, she'll have it before the funeral, which is what I'd like. My hook has to fly today.

It's gorgeous out again today and supposed to stay that way all weekend.

John is working from home today and Monday so I get a long weekend to do as I please. I'm going to watch DVDs and crochet the next day or so and then we'll see where I go from there.

Sarge has made it interesting trying to crochet so far today. I get all situated in the chair with the yarn, pattern, and a movie playing and then he leaps into my lap, sits on the shawl, and rubs his head against the hand holding the crochet hook. Purring constantly because he's so pleased I'm spending time downstairs with him. Dumping him off my lap doesn't work because he just jumps right back up. Silly kitty. :rofl :rofl

Sarge has made it interesting trying to crochet so far today. I get all situated in the chair with the yarn, pattern, and a movie playing and then he leaps into my lap, sits on the shawl, and rubs his head against the hand holding the crochet hook. Purring constantly because he's so pleased I'm spending time downstairs with him. Dumping him off my lap doesn't work because he just jumps right back up. Silly kitty. :rofl :rofl

Awwww! :manyheart

And when you want to cuddle with him I'll bet he's nowhere to be found!:D

Hi Ladies. :)

My little thread project...

It's beautiful, Judy! Those of you who work with thread are my idols. :yes I just can't work with steel hooks and thread anymore. :lol

Lots going on with the parents the last couple of days...not good, but they're all in their 90s so not unexpected. Gracie's class was the happy part of my day. :D She is definitely the cutest, but most unpredictable student in intermediate class. :lol

Cara ~ DD is in Waco this weekend for the UT-Baylor game!

Evening Ladies!!!

Been really sick around here with the swine flu....hope to never have it again...worst flu ever my temp shot up to 105.4 at one point and my joints hurt so bad i couldn't even hold anything....my DH was freaking out then he got it :(.I'm feeling better today so was able to get some squares sewn together.

The base color looks light a light brown but its called Honey and looks more like a really burnt orange,copper color,in the first photo you can get a better idea of what it looks like,just couldn't get that to show on the photos because its dark out...oh well.I really like how its turning out and how the Autumn Stripe makes it looks like quilt fabric,don't usually like using variegated but i fell in love with this one.Now to go back and catch up.

Mary...will try to get you a new count tomorrow!!

post-3370-135897473705_thumb.jpg

post-3370-135897473709_thumb.jpg

Mary - thanks for the compliment. I wasn't sure I could do thread any more either! I did drop my hook a few times, which was annoying, but I stuck it out. It was a nice change of pace.

Gracie has to be a wonderful distraction from the everyday worries...you can't help but laugh at the things dogs do.

And add 24 solid saltines to my total, please.:hook

Shay, I'm sorry you were sick! DS34 seemed to have had it a couple of months ago - he was very, very sick for almost 2 weeks. I hope you get your energy back quickly.:hug

..and I adore your Casa!! The colors are absolutely wonderful:cheer:cheer:cheer

Archived