Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Evening Ladies!!!

Been really sick around here with the swine flu....hope to never have it again...worst flu ever my temp shot up to 105.4 at one point and my joints hurt so bad i couldn't even hold anything....my DH was freaking out then he got it :(.I'm feeling better today so was able to get some squares sewn together.

The base color looks light a light brown but its called Honey and looks more like a really burnt orange,copper color,in the first photo you can get a better idea of what it looks like,just couldn't get that to show on the photos because its dark out...oh well.I really like how its turning out and how the Autumn Stripe makes it looks like quilt fabric,don't usually like using variegated but i fell in love with this one.Now to go back and catch up.

Mary...will try to get you a new count tomorrow!!

Shay - I sure you are back to your old self very soon :hug And I *love* your color choices for the Casa :drool It's beautiful! :clap

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lots going on with the parents the last couple of days...not good, but they're all in their 90s so not unexpected. Gracie's class was the happy part of my day. :D She is definitely the cutest, but most unpredictable student in intermediate class. :lol

Hope things go well with your parents, Mary. The most unpredictable student....I love it. :manyheart

Been really sick around here with the swine flu....hope to never have it again...worst flu ever my temp shot up to 105.4 at one point and my joints hurt so bad i couldn't even hold anything....my DH was freaking out then he got it :(.I'm feeling better today so was able to get some squares sewn together.

The base color looks light a light brown but its called Honey and looks more like a really burnt orange,copper color,in the first photo you can get a better idea of what it looks like,just couldn't get that to show on the photos because its dark out...oh well.I really like how its turning out and how the Autumn Stripe makes it looks like quilt fabric,don't usually like using variegated but i fell in love with this one.Now to go back and catch up.

Hope you get to feeling better very soon, Shaylen. Love the colors in you Casa. :clap

The back of the prayer shawl is done and I've started on the first side.

I'm tired today. I overdid it yesterday and my knee was killing me by the time I got home from running errands and such yesterday. I bought books, and yarn, and Christmas presents, and misc. I had a good time.

I went to the demonstration and graduation of the karate class that Rosie's daughter and granddaughter are in, too. It was impressive. Andrea and Ashley both graduated from white belts to yellow belts. All but one student moved up a level. The one who didn't move up is a brown belt who is working on her black belt and is expected to move up in January.

Hope everyone has a nice day. :hug

Linda, I know how hard it is to remember to slow down. esp at this time of the year. Take it easy:hug

Kids and karate...what fun! DS was in karate for a few years as a young boy - he ended up getting his black belt, but didn't want to continue.

It DID teach him a great forearm block which he used if I tried to give him a shot:lol

Hi Ladies. :)

Evening Ladies!!!

Hi Shay! I'm so sorry you all have been sick. :hug Your Casa is beautiful! The colors are wonderful together. :hook

Mary - thanks for the compliment. I wasn't sure I could do thread any more either! I did drop my hook a few times, which was annoying, but I stuck it out. It was a nice change of pace.

Gracie has to be a wonderful distraction from the everyday worries...you can't help but laugh at the things dogs do.

And add 24 solid saltines to my total, please.:hook

Yay for more squares! I've added them to the list...what are you making? Yes, Gracie definitely brings lots of laughter to this house. :lol She is a true Cairn in every way. I read not long ago that they have a "Cairn-tude." :D

Hope things go well with your parents, Mary. The most unpredictable student....I love it. :manyheart

Hope you get to feeling better very soon, Shaylen. Love the colors in you Casa. :clap

I'm tired today. I overdid it yesterday and my knee was killing me by the time I got home from running errands and such yesterday. I bought books, and yarn, and Christmas presents, and misc. I had a good time.

I went to the demonstration and graduation of the karate class that Rosie's daughter and granddaughter are in, too. It was impressive. Andrea and Ashley both graduated from white belts to yellow belts. All but one student moved up a level. The one who didn't move up is a brown belt who is working on her black belt and is expected to move up in January.

Linda, it sounds like a busy, but good weekend - except for your knee. 'Hope it's much better now. :manyheart\

We're having really heavy rain with a cold front coming through. No thunder or lighting, thank goodness. In case you haven't heard ;), both U of Texas and TCU won this weekend, so the family rivalry continues...:cheer

Oh! I found some Vanna's 7oz. skeins on clearance at Walmart the other day...for $2.00! They only had three, all Linen color and I was so excited. :yarn Then I went to JoAnn's with my 10% off everything coupon and got Taupe and Taupe Mist to go with it for a RR. The "mist" works up beautifully and looks almost like a tweed fabric.

Time to get supper going. Have a good evening. :manyheart

Evening Ladies!!!

:drool It's gorgeous! I hope you feel all better very soon. So sorry to hear that you were sick.

I hope your knee feels much better soon. :hug How fun about the karate class!

Linda, I know how hard it is to remember to slow down. esp at this time of the year. Take it easy:hug

Kids and karate...what fun! DS was in karate for a few years as a young boy - he ended up getting his black belt, but didn't want to continue.

It DID teach him a great forearm block which he used if I tried to give him a shot:lol

:rofl That's hilarious, Judy!!!! I didn't like karate much. I did it for awhile, but it just wasn't my thing. I've always been more artistic than physical.

Oh! I found some Vanna's 7oz. skeins on clearance at Walmart the other day...for $2.00! They only had three, all Linen color and I was so excited. :yarn Then I went to JoAnn's with my 10% off everything coupon and got Taupe and Taupe Mist to go with it for a RR. The "mist" works up beautifully and looks almost like a tweed fabric.

Rockin' about the Vanna's!!! My Walmart had it on sale for $2 this weekend, too. I think it was just a sale instead of clearance at my Walmart, but I could be wrong.

Howdy everyone! I've had a busy week or two, but everything is going well. I've been stitchin' for the charity weekend the past two days. I have a few basic scarves done for Judy's scarf project. Anywho, gotta get something going for dinner. Talk to you all soon. :hug

Nicole, thanks for making the scarves for the project!

Mary, I was going to make an entire baby blanket from saltines, but I changed my joining method and didn't like the result. I kept those squares together but now am making it into a rectangular blanket using various other stitches. Next saltine ghan I do will be made using the long tails for joining as I used to do. I was looking for an easier way - and there's no such animal:lol

I'm not usually a fan of subtle colors but they sound nice - and the V yarn is perfect for a RR,

Success! The prayer shawl is done. And it looks very pretty. I'll get pictures tomorrow before sending it off. The knee's okay, or at least as okay as it gets anymore. Too much arthritis in too many joints, but oh well. It's been a pretty quiet day today. Lots of crocheting and I made up a batch of strawberry Belgium waffles for Kim this afternoon. I'm going to read a bit and then go to bed. See ya all tomorrow.

Success! The prayer shawl is done. And it looks very pretty. I'll get pictures tomorrow before sending it off. The knee's okay, or at least as okay as it gets anymore. Too much arthritis in too many joints, but oh well. It's been a pretty quiet day today. Lots of crocheting and I made up a batch of strawberry Belgium waffles for Kim this afternoon. I'm going to read a bit and then go to bed. See ya all tomorrow.

WTG on the finish Linda! :clap Can't wait to see it!

Good morning ladies :flower

Didn't get a whole lot done this weekend. No surprise there :blush I have *got* to find where I put my motivation :lol

I spent the majority of the weekend nursing a nasty headache and reading a book. Yes! I read an *actual* book instead of listening to one :eek The narrator for this book was awful so I just read it :lol A horrible narrator can ruin a perfectly good book :yes

But today is laundry and putting together the pieces for four sachets that I do have have completed. Just have to assemble them :yes

Hope everyone has a wonderful day :2hug

Good morning. I'm about to go get boxes and cards. I'll come home and get everything packaged up and head off to the post office and UPS. If I overnight the shawl, Vicki will have before the funeral.

Here's the picture of the shawl done in dark sage green.

post-9295-135897473921_thumb.jpg

Happy Monday, Ladies. :)

Hi Nicole! Good for you for making Charity items. :manyheart I hope all is well with you and your kitties. :yes

Judy ~ Sorry about the joining problem...I'll bet your new idea will work just fine! :crocheting

Linda ~ Wow! Your shawl is gorgeous.:clap I know it will be much appreciated. Will you make Belgian Waffles for us, too? ;)

Hi Cara ~ When you find your motivation, please let us know where you found it. :devil My main problem lately is lack of crochet time, but hope to have some today. :hook

I'm nearly finished with DH's scarf and really should finish something. :lol

Good morning. I'm about to go get boxes and cards. I'll come home and get everything packaged up and head off to the post office and UPS. If I overnight the shawl, Vicki will have before the funeral.

Here's the picture of the shawl done in dark sage green.

That's beautiful!

I keep forgetting to ask what everyone is planning for Thanksgiving! All of a sudden it's almost here. :yes

Well, first DH thought it would be easier on FIL if WE (translate ME) bring our plates of food and just warm them up in his oven. Was he KIDDING?!:eek

I won't get into the row my "negative" response to that started last night,:angry

Anyway, I told him FIL was open to coming up here (he gets picked up by DS and we return him) so it wasn't an issue. He gets around very well...we go grocery shopping and everything, so I'm not suckered into his "I'm not well" remarks.

I'll bet you're sorry you asked:lol

Now back to a :sher movie and the hotpad I;m making:D

We are home for a little bit and then it's back out again. All my packages are in the mail and on their way to their recipients: Joy, Vicki, swap partner, and fat letters to my mom and aunt. Everything went priority mail. Too expensive to go overnight. Sigh! :sigh Oh, well. They'll be there soon. :yes

Hello everyone,

I just registered today. I love these crocheted quilts. Have so many in mind to make it's hard to decide. This summer I did a log cabin one, it was in the field and furrows layout. I like the way it turned out. Everyone here seems so friendly, I am looking forward to meeting and sharing with you. Regards, Diane

Well, first DH thought it would be easier on FIL if WE (translate ME) bring our plates of food and just warm them up in his oven. Was he KIDDING?!:eek

I won't get into the row my "negative" response to that started last night,:angry

Anyway, I told him FIL was open to coming up here (he gets picked up by DS and we return him) so it wasn't an issue. He gets around very well...we go grocery shopping and everything, so I'm not suckered into his "I'm not well" remarks.

I'll bet you're sorry you asked:lol

Now back to a :sher movie and the hotpad I;m making:D

:lol I think your plan makes much more sense than DH's. :yes

We are home for a little bit and then it's back out again. All my packages are in the mail and on their way to their recipients: Joy, Vicki, swap partner, and fat letters to my mom and aunt. Everything went priority mail. Too expensive to go overnight. Sigh! :sigh Oh, well. They'll be there soon. :yes

Way to go on getting everything packaged and mailed.:clap

Hello everyone,

I just registered today. I love these crocheted quilts. Have so many in mind to make it's hard to decide. This summer I did a log cabin one, it was in the field and furrows layout. I like the way it turned out. Everyone here seems so friendly, I am looking forward to meeting and sharing with you. Regards, Diane

Welcome, Diane! :manyheart We're so glad you're here and we love hearing about patterns, yarn colors...and seeing pictures, too!

Hello everyone,

Hi, Diane! :hi Welcome to Crochetville and this CAL. :welcome We're glad to have you join us. Beware though, Cara's patterns are addictive.

Thanks Ladies for the good comments on my Cassa and the get well wishes :hug

Linda...That is so lovely and im sure it will brighten her day.

Mary...My kids were going to come down but we have decided to wait till New years because i didn't want them catching this flu with all the little babies....so its just going to be Dh me and our 14 year old...im kind of looking forward to a peaceful day of just us :yes

Diane...Welcome to the group....its a fun place to hang out even when not working on saltines :lol

Well my Cassa is on hold while i try to get the 3 round granny quilt done....just when it was getting good to.

Good morning ladies :2hug

Judy - Oh yes, your plan seems much less complicated than SDRs :yes See? He's getting outvoted here too :lol

Diane - Hello! :hi Welcome to Crochetville and the group :hug I'm so glad you like the patterns! :manyheart They are a lot of fun. IF you have a camera we'd love to see photos of your log cabin :yay

Log cabin :oops That reminds me. I never put up the pattern for my LC :blush

Linda - OMG!! That shawl is gorgeous :drool She's sure to love it and find it a comfort :manyheart

Mary - Gonna be a much more subdued Thanksgiving for us this year :yes Not the big blow out we had last year...much to BDs relief :rofl This weekend my out-of-town sister and her DH are coming into town and we'll all just go out to eat. That way we'll have more time to visit and be silly :D

Then on Thanksgiving itself my in-town sister, her DH and her son will come over here for ham and a reasonable amount of side dishes. Easy peasy and I already have all the stuff to make the meal so no huge trip to the grocery store like last year. :D Personally, I'd rather have the big blow out but I don't think I could prepare all that this year :lol

In other news, I actually crocheted yesterday! :eek:faint:lol I was gonna work on sachets for the ladies in the family but that was not cooperating with me one bit. I haven't the time, let alone the patience, to deal with that sort of thing right now :2nono

So, I started my sister's afghan. I already have 12.5" out of 60" done for the body :dance It's the Simply Red but in green. I hope this motivation lasts because I'm seriously running out of time :eek

I think it helped that I have a nice new audio book to concentrate on so a nice mindless pattern let's me concentrate on the book but keeps me busy :hook

Archived