Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Speaking of babies...my dearest friend in FLA (she has MS, too) has a DD living here in NJ, and she just learned she's going to be a G'ma. I offered to make a special blanket...and arrived at a certain choice because of what the future parents are currently calling the baby.

Tadpole.

It'll be a graphed frog:D

Oh how cute! :lol :lol

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Speaking of babies...my dearest friend in FLA (she has MS, too) has a DD living here in NJ, and she just learned she's going to be a G'ma. I offered to make a special blanket...and arrived at a certain choice because of what the future parents are currently calling the baby.

Tadpole.

I love the idea, Judy.

Thank you so much, Judy, Cara, Dusti, Diane, and Mary, for the compliments on the preemie quilts. It's fun to be able to do a small project every now and then, instead of huge ones.

It's sunny today, but tomorrow doesn't sound like any fun at all. The forecast is for the high and low to be 45 with rain. :thumbdown:yuck:thumbdown

Tadpole.

Oh Judy, what a terrific idea. I luv it. That blanket will hold not only the baby, but extra special memories for a lifetime.

My dad, called my son "Bullet" when he was first born. Now that would not have been a cute blanket.:lol

Won't be on the computer much today....I am ready for NASCAR. Gotta go.

TTYL

Howdy gals :hi

I have company coming today and I need to clean. Was gonna do part of it yesterday but my hook kept me very busy :devil I got quite a bit done on my sister's afghan though :yes

Have a great day everyone :manyheart

Howdy gals :hi

I have company coming today and I need to clean. Was gonna do part of it yesterday but my hook kept me very busy :devil I got quite a bit done on my sister's afghan though :yes

Have a great day everyone :manyheart

have a great visit!

Oh, my goodness, today has ended up being super duper busy. The guys decided to call it quits after the evening hunt and come home tonight instead of late tomorrow afternoon. That meant that all the things on my "to do" list for tomorrow got pushed on top of the things for today. I finished putting the last pillowcase of the last pillow on their bed just as John came in. I also cleaned out and reorganized the freezer so there would be room for the venison he was bringing home. That didn't go too bad for the most part. I got one of the lawn chairs and set it up in the garage so Kim could watch and supervize the whole procedure. She laughed at me more than once. But the worst moment was as I was cleaning the last of the built up frost and ice out of the bottom of the freezer. My hand slipped, my feet came off the floor, and I thought I was going head first into the freezer. I was just teetering there with my stomach on the edge and not knowing which way the rest of me was going to go. I finally got one hand down and didn't actually go in but it was a very near thing. :rofl Kim just laughed and laughed at me. :rofl I must have been a sight with my feet in the air and my top all invisible inside that chest freezer. :rofl

It was Mike's first time to go hunting with the guys and he got a good sized doe. The rest of the hunters went deerless. Mike works with Mark and John at E*Trade.

Wow, Linda - that freezer episode could have been dangerous! I hope there's a safety atch or something on it,

Off to bed....this is way past my bedtime,,,,

Nite, Linda.

Oh, my goodness, today has ended up being super duper busy. The guys decided to call it quits after the evening hunt and come home tonight instead of late tomorrow afternoon. That meant that all the things on my "to do" list for tomorrow got pushed on top of the things for today. I finished putting the last pillowcase of the last pillow on their bed just as John came in. I also cleaned out and reorganized the freezer so there would be room for the venison he was bringing home. That didn't go too bad for the most part. I got one of the lawn chairs and set it up in the garage so Kim could watch and supervize the whole procedure. She laughed at me more than once. But the worst moment was as I was cleaning the last of the built up frost and ice out of the bottom of the freezer. My hand slipped, my feet came off the floor, and I thought I was going head first into the freezer. I was just teetering there with my stomach on the edge and not knowing which way the rest of me was going to go. I finally got one hand down and didn't actually go in but it was a very near thing. :rofl Kim just laughed and laughed at me. :rofl I must have been a sight with my feet in the air and my top all invisible inside that chest freezer. :rofl

It was Mike's first time to go hunting with the guys and he got a good sized doe. The rest of the hunters went deerless. Mike works with Mark and John at E*Trade.

I will admit, after knowing you didn't hurt yourself that *is* pretty darn funny :rofl :rofl

If this works, these are the photos of #11 afghan. Have had some computer troubles so not sure if I am doing this right.

That's crocheted!?! :eek That is just fabulous! I'm totally jealous of the recipient of that beauty :yes

Good morning ladies :2hug

How's everyone today? :D I'm up a bit earlier than I had planned but that's probably a good thing. We are going to brunch at my sister's house at about 10 or so. And since this is Texas after all, there will be BBQ involved in this brunch :lol It's probably gonna be lunch just real early because our sister and BIL are leaving at noon. :yes

We had a great time last night. Supper at Applebee's which was pretty good. Not great. I'm not a big fan of Applebee's though. But our waitress was fantastic! Just the perfect amount of attentiveness, friendliness and she was totally on the ball. She got a big tip :D

Then bingo, of course :) We all came very close to winning several times but never quite got there. They all got a little frustrated but I'm that weirdo that gets terribly excited even when I get close :lol

I just hope I can get BD to wake up to drive. He just went to bed oh about 20 minutes ago :rolleyes I don't know why he didn't just stay up. Men!....or least that man :lol

If this works, these are the photos of #11 afghan. Have had some computer troubles so not sure if I am doing this right.

That's truly beautiful, Diane. I love the fact that each of the afghans you are making are different and geared to the person who will getting them. Awesome work. :yay :yay :yay

Judy, the only problem would have been in how in the world I would go about getting myself right-side-up so I could climb out again. It's not a super huge thing and the lid was open.

Good morning, everyone. After sleeping the clock around I feel much better. I was going to run some errands and enjoy being out of the house and wouldn't you know it, it's raining and cold. I know that is what the forecast said, but I was really hoping it was wrong. :sigh And it's windy too. Now I'm trying to decide just what to do. I'm enjoying a piece of rye bread with garlic butter spread and grated parmesan cheese while I try to decide. It's really good and helps me wake up. I toast the bread, put on the spread and cheese, and then zap it in the microwave until everything has melted. Yummy! :manyheart

Judy, the only problem would have been in how in the world I would go about getting myself right-side-up so I could climb out again. It's not a super huge thing and the lid was open.

I'm claustrophobic...that wold have done me in:P

I'm enjoying a piece of rye bread with garlic butter spread and grated parmesan cheese while I try to decide. It's really good and helps me wake up. I toast the bread, put on the spread and cheese, and then zap it in the microwave until everything has melted. Yummy! :manyheart

Oh that has me :drool

Good morning ladies :flower

It's another beautiful day in the neighborhood :D Still a little warm here for my taste but that changes tomorrow with highs in the 60s. We're improving :dance

I got lots done on my afghan! If this keeps up (and it must) I'll probably be ready for the border sometime tomorrow :yay

Then the next thing on the list. :lol I've got a lot to do in a very short time. August and September are not a good time to lose one's motivation :lol

Have a great day everyone :2hug

So am I. This is more enforced mojo rather than natural :lol

I'm starting to force myself also. I'm so close to being done with my brother's flag afghan. I couldn't touch it for several weeks. I have now made myself work on it twice. I only have three of the stripes left (18 rows) then the stars.

Actually once I forced myself to start it kinda built up its own momentum so maybe that's the secret to keeping mojo stable. Crochet even when we don't feel like it and see if that sparks it. That and a definite deadline doesn't hurt either :rofl

Good morning, my friends. It's cold and very, very humid today. :yuck A good day to stay inside and work on projects. I bought a new quilting magazine last week that had oodles of Christmas projects in it. I'm currently making a table runner for the couple that we're spending Thanksgiving with. It looks very complex, but in reality it's not that tough. I've got the top done now and just have to quilt and bind it. The pattern is from the December 2009 issue of Quilter's World, the Williamsburg Collection. I can see a version of it done as a crochet project. I think I can finish it today or, for sure, tomorrow. And I've got lots of material for making more. :devil Rosie is in the middle of making a bunch of potholders for Christmas gifts in a variety of patterns and colors. :yes

And I know what you mean about suddenly not having enough time for all I want to do before Christmas. Yikes! It's coming up super fast all of a sudden.

It's done! I'll take a picture tomorrow when, hopefully, I'll have better light. I think these are going to be good Christmas gifts for 2010. There is no way I'm going to try to make a bunch of them in the next 30 days. :no Nope. :grump No way. :no

Archived