Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies. :)

Cara ~ Sending positive thoughts and hugs to your sister. :hug

I had typed a super long post - and it went away! That may be the first time it's happened to me. Anyway, I won't try to repeat it. :lol

Hi Ladies. :)

Cara ~ Sending positive thoughts and hugs to your sister. :hug

I had typed a super long post - and it went away! That may be the first time it's happened to me. Anyway, I won't try to repeat it. :lol

That's been happening to me pretty often lately. I never try to remember what I said either :lol

Thanks for the well wishes ladies :manyheart :2hug

Well, my sister called. They did the 2nd mammo and the things were still there. Different machine and everything.

So they did an ultrasound. They couldn't find them. They told her they were probably just too small right now (10 mm) and to come back in 6 months and they'll see if they grow enough to see. :blink

Well, that's totally unacceptable. So she'll call the doctor on Monday (she doesn't work Fridays) and have her order a new ultrasound at the other hospital and see if they can do better. She'll be in the looney bin if she has to wait six months. Trust me.

Isn't this supposed to be the point of a mammogram? To find things early? Then they have women just sit and wait for six months?!?! It seems like more of a money making torture system to me since insurance companies pay the places very well for them and at 100%. At least mine and my sister's does.

I can see the point of what we were talking about earlier that screening causes more distress that just waiting. This is insane. :rant

Sorry. I just get so mad at the medical profession sometimes. I understand that technology has its limits. But they spend so much of their time speaking jibberish and double talk to avoid being sued that they frustrate their client base :irk

Well, my sister called. They did the 2nd mammo and the things were still there. Different machine and everything.

So they did an ultrasound. They couldn't find them. They told her they were probably just too small right now (10 mm) and to come back in 6 months and they'll see if they grow enough to see. :blink

Well, that's totally unacceptable. So she'll call the doctor on Monday (she doesn't work Fridays) and have her order a new ultrasound at the other hospital and see if they can do better. She'll be in the looney bin if she has to wait six months. Trust me.

Isn't this supposed to be the point of a mammogram? To find things early? Then they have women just sit and wait for six months?!?! It seems like more of a money making torture system to me since insurance companies pay the places very well for them and at 100%. At least mine and my sister's does.

I can see the point of what we were talking about earlier that screening causes more distress that just waiting. This is insane. :rant

Sorry. I just get so mad at the medical profession sometimes. I understand that technology has its limits. But they spend so much of their time speaking jibberish and double talk to avoid being sued that they frustrate their client base :irk

That is maddening! :thair No way should she have to wait six months. So many things could happen in six months.

Val ~ Congratulations on such good news. In this day in age, raises are uncommon, so I am excited for you. :clap

Cara ~ I am sending prayers for you and your sister. Can you go with her and hold her hand as she talks with the doctors? Please continue to let us know how she is. :manyheart Hope the antibiotics do the trick, and you are feeling better for the weekend.

Well, I started stitching the 9-Patch together. Here is a pic of the layout before I sat and wove in the ends this morning.

post-20536-1358974267_thumb.jpg

Val ~ Congratulations on such good news. In this day in age, raises are uncommon, so I am excited for you. :clap

Cara ~ I am sending prayers for you and your sister. Can you go with her and hold her hand as she talks with the doctors? Please continue to let us know how she is. :manyheart Hope the antibiotics do the trick, and you are feeling better for the weekend.

Well, I started stitching the 9-Patch together. Here is a pic of the layout before I sat and wove in the ends this morning.

Thank you dear :hug Her DH goes to the appointments with her. He's a very supportive fellow :manyheart I love your nine patch! :clap

Oh, my dial-up is being even more pokey than usual. I see you already gave us an update. I feel her (and yours!) frustration. Thank goodness your sister is being proactive, and I hope she is able to get some answers on Monday. I'll continue to keep you all in my prayers.

Oh, Cara - How frustrating for your sister. :( For me, the fear of the unknown is worse than knowing...and 6 months is way too long. I hope everything is okay. :hug

Dusti ~ Your nine patch is wonderful! I really, really like the way you're using the variegated yarn. :cheer

Gracie update...she's nearly 4 1/2 months and a little under 8 pounds. Don't tell her that, though - she thinks she weighs at least 50 pounds. :lol

post-10699-135897426737_thumb.jpg

:yell That is soooooo super frustrating!

Gracie update...she's nearly 4 1/2 months and a little under 8 pounds. Don't tell her that, though - she thinks she weighs at least 50 pounds. :lol

Gracie is adorable. She's really growing. I can see by her stance that she thinks she's queen of all her domain.

Dusti, your 9-patch is great! You've made lots of progress.

We had a rain shower this afternoon, but then it cleared off so out we went. Kim had a manicure and pedicure. Then we went to HL and got embroidery hoops (3 different sizes) and black border fabric, had supper at Captain D's, and then got some groceries (including cookies, choc cake, and ice cream). Now to get into our jammies and relax with some TV and crocheting. :hook

Oh, Cara - How frustrating for your sister. :( For me, the fear of the unknown is worse than knowing...and 6 months is way too long. I hope everything is okay. :hug

Dusti ~ Your nine patch is wonderful! I really, really like the way you're using the variegated yarn. :cheer

She is adorable!

Cara, your sister sounds like one tough cookie. She'll be okay - whatever this turns out to be:yes

Pretty colors! I did notice wher eyour ends were - in the middle of a row, right?

What some of us do as a time saver is work the second row so we end in a corner and leave a long tail for sewing. It eliminates some sewing. When you turn on row 2, just do 3 dc stitiches (half a corner) and when you get back to it do 3 dc and instead of a ch 1, join the top of 1st dc with a sc.

Clear as mud?:lol I am soooo not good at explaining things...

Cute pic!!

OMG! She just gets cuter every day :manyheart And isn't it funny how the smaller the dog the bigger the ego :rofl

.........then got some groceries (including cookies, choc cake, and ice cream).

Sounds like you got all the essentials to me :D

Well, sister decided she wanted to go ahead and go play bingo tonight. It started off good then her dumb friend with a serious defeatist attitude called. I'm gonna beat that girl one of these days :rofl But sister snapped back pretty quick because after about 25 years she's used to this idiot :rolleyes

Linda ~ What a busy day it sounds as though you had. And, you ended with a snack party in your jammies -- my favorite kind :yes Hope you and Kim both had good nights.

Judy ~ your explanation makes perfect sense. I know I have read from a couple of the gals here that they 'end on a corner,' and I have to have everything spelled directly out to me :lol, so I could not figure out how does one do that :think I am off to try your directions, now :crocheting That would save me time from weaving in ends and then joining the saltines. Thanks a bunch :hug

Mary ~ Cute picture of Miss Gracie. I just want to squish her in a hug when you post pictures :)

Have a good start to the weekend, My Friends :ghug I received new yarn, yesterday in the mail :yay:yay I ordered LionBrand Recycled Cotton and Bernat Baby Stretch for myself, so it was not as though it was a surprise, but I was so excited to have the box arrived. Now, which project to begin??? I have good progress made on the 9-Patch, but that does not use any of the new yarn :( I should start the ruffled jacket I am making for my grandma out of the cotton. But, I really want to make a tank top out of the Bernat for myself. Decisions, decisions, decisions :devil I think I will work for a little on this, a little on that, and then, probably, start something else. It is a very good thing DH is indulgent :yes Talk to you all, later :waving

Judy ~ your explanation makes perfect sense. I know I have read from a couple of the gals here that they 'end on a corner,' and I have to have everything spelled directly out to me :lol, so I could not figure out how does one do that :think I am off to try your directions, now :crocheting That would save me time from weaving in ends and then joining the saltines. Thanks a bunch :hug

If you can't decifer my convoluted directions I'll snap a couple of pics for you. And you're welcome - I'm just paying it forward - AND it took me a while before I coud figure it out. It was too simple, and my brain doesn't work in a straight line:lol

Enjoy your new yarn!

Good morning. So much for rain all weekend. The sun is shining and there's not a cloud in the sky. Kim had a good night. I can't say the same for me. She SNORED! LOUDLY! Yikes! :eek it was like trying to go to sleep next to a big old semi truck trying to pull a load of logs up a steep hill. I had late night cookies (Rockie Road) and ice cream (Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia) and waited for a break in the noise level.

I'm working on another preemie afghan and using up left over yarn. This one is in two shades of lavender and navy. "A Fist Full of Dollars" is on, so that should be good crochet background. :lol

Good morning ladies :flower

Dusti - Hooray for new yarn!! :yay

Morning Judy! :hi

Linda - Well now, see what happens when you load Kim up with cookies and ice cream? :rofl Love how you described the sound of her snoring :lol

Today's plan was to clean all day but after a rather big night, the fact that I didn't get to catch up on all my crocheting like I wanted and us needing to go shopping in the heat I'm thinking I can probably tolerate the mess one more week :rofl

Have a great day y'all :manyheart

Linda...when DH snores...oh, boy:eek I'm not a heavy sleeper, so it doesn't take much to keep me up.

Hey, Cara!:hug

Dusti, if you're taking votes then I vote for the tank top. I know you won't have many more chances to wear it before it gets really cold again.

Judy, DBF is like that. I can sleep through a lot, but not his snoring. So the few times we're staying together I have to use ear plugs. I'm glad I don't have to use them all the time, they hurt my ears.

Dusti....I love your nine-patch and the way you used the variegated.Yay for new yarn :cheer

Cara...I will pray for your sister....i had almost the same thing happen to me and in the end it turned out to be clogged milk ducts....lets hope that's what it is for her also :hug

Mary....What a ham...she is such a cutie.

Linda...My DH does the same thing and I reach over and kick him or roll him and he never even wakes up....keeps me awake...I tell him all the time that its his fault that i stay up all night now :lol

Mary forgot to say please add 36 more solids for me please.Im doing this one in 6x6 squares.

Dusti, if you're taking votes then I vote for the tank top. I know you won't have many more chances to wear it before it gets really cold again.

:rofl Oh my goodness, that is so very true. You gave me a good chuckle, thank you.

I have half of the jacket finished, so with any luck, I can start on the tank top by tomorrow.

Archived