JulieKay

Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

That's scary! A friend got that call...her dad fell at the rehab place (recovering form a broken hip and elbow). They thought he didn't break anything but the xrays proved he did: the other hip. She's lucky she has a couple of brothers to help share the load.

It's so hard:hug

X-rays showed nothing broken this time. She wears a bracelet that tells the nurses if she is somewhere she shouldn't be. They call us 24/7 with any problems, thank goodness.
Im so glad that Donna's DD is ok...jeez that is scary my thoughts and prayers are with them.

Mary...I will say a prayer for your MIL also.Could you please but me down for 36 solids..thanks.

Thank you, Shay. :manyheart I've added 36 more solids. :hook

Oh, poor Donna. That is so scary. Glad to hear it's not as bad as it first sounded, too. They are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Kim's filling went super smoothly. We were in and out in under 30 minutes. Picked up kitty food and litter, and some meds for me. Then had lunch at IHOP. Blueberry pancakes, scrambled eggs, and hash browns for Kim and Tilapia hollendaise with salad, broccoli, and garlic bread for me.

The baby quilt top is almost done, but not put together, quilted, and finished yet.

Yum! It's been forever since we've been to IHOP. Looking forward to pictures. :yes I'm glad that Kim did so well at the dentist's.

I forgot to post it here! It's 37 by 48 inches.

It's beautiful, Judy! :clap

Gracie met her first opossum tonight. :eek We've had them for years, along with racoons and armadillos...she barked for 30 minutes and finally came in...we may have neighbors calling to complain. :think We always called Maggie "bobblehead" because she would just sit on the patio and watch them. :lol Never a dull moment. ;)

DH will be home tomorrow night from L.A. Yay...he can corral Gracie and the wildlife. :D

Wow...that is so pretty...can you tell me what color the purples are??

X-rays showed nothing broken this time. She wears a bracelet that tells the nurses if she is somewhere she shouldn't be. They call us 24/7 with any problems, thank goodness.

Im so glad the everything s ok and that nothing was broken.

Meet Spice :manyheart

She has to be the most trusting kitty I have ever seen...you can pick her up and move her all around and she will sleep right through it...just like you see her on my sons lap and my crochet,And yes that's a coffee can she is in...that's her favorite play thing,she likes to peek out and attack when you move by it,she thinks shes a stealthy ninja mountain lion :lol.

post-3370-135897426159_thumb.jpg

post-3370-135897426163_thumb.jpg

post-3370-135897426166_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shaylen

Thanks ladies - it's a relief to get something finished! I loved working with the colors, though:c9

Wow...that is so pretty...can you tell me what color the purples are??

Orchid and Dark Orchid (RHSS)

She has to be the most trusting kitty I have ever seen...you can pick her up and move her all around and she will sleep right through it...just like you see her on my sons lap and my crochet,And yes that's a coffee can she is in...that's her favorite play thing,she likes to peek out and attack when you move by it,she thinks shes a stealthy ninja mountain lion :lol.

Adorable! She's still a baby?

The day is winding down here. We got the baby quilt top done and the center of the oriental quilt is together. I think I'll crochet until bedtime.

Ack! Now you've got me on pins and needles with curiousity wondering what you decided to do. I... want... pictures!!! :lol

She's so pretty! My boy cat likes to lay under the bed while I'm folding laundry. I've learned to pay attention to where he's at because he will attack my feet, usually with claws bared :lol

Gracie met her first opossum tonight. :eek We've had them for years, along with racoons and armadillos...she barked for 30 minutes and finally came in...we may have neighbors calling to complain. :think We always called Maggie "bobblehead" because she would just sit on the patio and watch them. :lol Never a dull moment. ;)

Oh I'm so glad MIL didn't break anything! :hug

Oh dear Gracie vs the Possum :rofl Yes, I know there's an "O" in front of it but than just ain't Texan :D You must live pretty far out to have such wildlife. We're in the city so all we get are the deranged squirrels and herds of stray cats :lol

Awwww! Is that not just the sweetest baby! :manyheart

Ack! Now you've got me on pins and needles with curiousity wondering what you decided to do. I... want... pictures!!! :lol

Isn't the 'Ville great? At least you (and we) can see what Mom is up to :D

She's so pretty! My boy cat likes to lay under the bed while I'm folding laundry. I've learned to pay attention to where he's at because he will attack my feet, usually with claws bared :lol

Tuon is 2 years old and still does the attack your feet when she's playful which is often :lol

Flat out forgot that I have a doctors appointment this morning :eek BDs gonna have to go in late because the doctor moved to far side of town and I can't drive that far :( Good thing he's worked late all week and won't lose too much pay.

Anywho after that gonna go play bingo. Sister has a ton of studying to do and can't take me to the doctor and have a bingo break too. Guess which one I chose for her to take :wink:devil

Have a great day ladies :manyheart

Beautiful ATW :clap The orchid colors always talk to me when I am browsing yarn options, but I have yet to pick any up. Your quilt-ghan is wonderful.

DH will be home tomorrow night from L.A. Yay...he can corral Gracie and the wildlife. :D

Yes, "Thank goodness," your MIL has such conscientious care :yes. I am glad they did not find anything broken, and I hope she has a more balanced day, today.

Opossum :eek yikes! Poor Gracie probably has a sore throat today after all of that barking. I would have run the other way... but the excitement must have livened up her day. Hope the neighbors do not complain to you :hug

I am glad your DH will be returning home and can be on the 'entertainment committee,' as I call it, when I hand control of the girls over to my mum and dad :lol.

Meet Spice :manyheart.

She is just so cute. How funny she is to spring out of the coffee can :haha

I am working on the 9-patch today. I have a bit of cleaning to do, and I want to fix a couple of extra meals to store in the freezer, but the rest of the day is going to be spent crocheting. I can hardly wait :yay Have a good Thursday!

Hope the doctor's appointment goes smoothly and quickly, Cara. Good luck at bingo!

I need to make another 5 Off White, and then I can lay-out a couple of squares and play around with the arrangement. I know, I know, it should not be that tough, but I am really color-challenged; I need to see the saltines spread out on the floor before I can make up my mind. By this afternoon, I ought to have my plan in place. Stay tuned

Have a good day on your end, Everyone

Hi, Dusti! I am color blind so I understand the color issue! I have to really pay attention to the labels on yarn to make sure I’m getting the same color. Occasionally, I have to have someone who works in the store help me determine if two colors match.

Update on Donna's DD...........Judy being the wonderful magnificent lady she is called Donna back and this is what she posted over in Sky (I don't know how to cross post so I'm cutting and pasting )

"Trach TUBE was being put in Meagan and the marble was dislodged - no surgical trach was needed, tg. She's being monitored to make sure her throat doesn't swell too much - may or may not go home tonight. Hosp is minutes away and Donna got her there FAST - so all looks good!"

Thanks for keeping us up to date on all of Meagan’s info. That poor girl! I’m glad to hear it wasn’t as bad as it could be.

Oh, poor Donna. That is so scary. Glad to hear it's not as bad as it first sounded, too. They are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Kim's filling went super smoothly. We were in and out in under 30 minutes. Picked up kitty food and litter, and some meds for me. Then had lunch at IHOP. Blueberry pancakes, scrambled eggs, and hash browns for Kim and Tilapia hollendaise with salad, broccoli, and garlic bread for me.

The baby quilt top is almost done, but not put together, quilted, and finished yet.

Glad to hear that Kim’s appointment went well. Pictures, pictures, pictures, please! :D

That is beautiful!

Gracie met her first opossum tonight. We've had them for years, along with racoons and armadillos...she barked for 30 minutes and finally came in...we may have neighbors calling to complain. We always called Maggie "bobblehead" because she would just sit on the patio and watch them. Never a dull moment.

DH will be home tomorrow night from L.A. Yay...he can corral Gracie and the wildlife.

Thank goodness there were no breaks. Gracie is so funny. I can only imagine how she gets around them. My cats go crazy for the local wildlife, which isn’t much since I’m in the city. They sit at the windows and talk and talk and talk and....

Meet Spice

She has to be the most trusting kitty I have ever seen...you can pick her up and move her all around and she will sleep right through it...just like you see her on my sons lap and my crochet,And yes that's a coffee can she is in...that's her favorite play thing,she likes to peek out and attack when you move by it,she thinks shes a stealthy ninja mountain lion .

What a sweetheart! She’s so darn cute. Of course she’s a stealthy ninja mountain lion! Isn’t every cat?!? :lol

Tuon is 2 years old and still does the attack your feet when she's playful which is often

Flat out forgot that I have a doctors appointment this morning BDs gonna have to go in late because the doctor moved to far side of town and I can't drive that far Good thing he's worked late all week and won't lose too much pay.

Anywho after that gonna go play bingo. Sister has a ton of studying to do and can't take me to the doctor and have a bingo break too. Guess which one I chose for her to take

Have a great day ladies

Have fun playing bingo and I hope the appointment isn’t too bad.

Everything is going fairly well with me! Not a whole lot to report...just gearing up for the charity weekend.

Have a great day all!

Hi everyone - looks like I missed a lot! I'm so glad that trach went well, that's a scary thing to happen...

I'm almost halfway finished with my quilt, in terms of the number of squares I've made! I'm excited to finally get it finished sometime soon. :)

I'm glad mother-in-law is okay.

Gracie in this corner vs. the Opossum in the other corner. I can just envision it!

Spice is adorable! She's so tiny! I weighed Sarge the other night and he came in at 17 pounds, the big moose. And to think that he used to be a tiny handful. somehow, it does not compute.

Patience....patience....patience. I have to find a battery for the camera first. And I have to decide if the center is going to stay black, as it is at the present, or is going to have something added to it, like a dragon or a mum.

Edited by busy-bee-lmt

Cara, good luck at the doctor's office and later at Bingo. Tell sis hi and to remember to take occasional breaks from the studying.

It's overcast and muggy so far today. It's supposed to start raining today and then keep it up through the weekend. Yuck!

Patience....patience....patience.

ACK!! She said the "P" word :eek That is a seriously dirty word in my family :rofl :rofl

Cara, good luck at the doctor's office and later at Bingo. Tell sis hi and to remember to take occasional breaks from the studying.

It's overcast and muggy so far today. It's supposed to start raining today and then keep it up through the weekend. Yuck!

It's hot and muggy here too. :sweat Gotta stop and get some damp rid today. The dehumidifier just doesn't do the trick and that darned thing was expensive :irk

Well, my doctor's visit took all of about 10 minutes flat :lol My favorite kind :D I do have to go back on the 28th for him to do a deep muscle injection in my back. These nerve blocks just aren't working anymore and it's interfering with my crocheting :eek Can't have that :2nono

ACK!! She said the "P" word :eek That is a seriously dirty word in my family :rofl :rofl

Oh dear! I didn't mean to say a dirty word. I'll be more careful next time.

Joy, the middle of the middle has been decided on and it's one of the new fabrics I bought so I can't even describe it to you with any degree of accuracy. I really have to find a battery for that camera.

It is pretty!

She is so cute!

WooHoo! :woo The center of the oriental quilt is designed! All the various pieces are selected and their position determined. Not all the sewing, of course, but the composition is done.

WooHoo! :woo The center of the oriental quilt is designed! All the various pieces are selected and their position determined. Not all the sewing, of course, but the composition is done.

Sometimes, actually most times, the composition is the hard part :lol Way to go! :h5

Back from bingo. Didn't win but had a blast as always :D

Now to catch up on some crocheting :hook

Good morning and happy Friday! I got a very nice surprise this morning :D My team lead told me we actually are getting raises this year :yay Granted it's a market adjustment and will pretty much just cover the increased cost of insurance. But heck, I'm getting a raise :yay :yay :yay

And this is an incredible surprise because I work for one of the major banks that got some of the bail out funds. I didn't expect to get ANY raise this year. Heck, my pt job came out at the beginning of the year and said no raises this year even, and there wasn't that much of a drop in profits with them.

Good morning and happy Friday! I got a very nice surprise this morning :D My team lead told me we actually are getting raises this year :yay Granted it's a market adjustment and will pretty much just cover the increased cost of insurance. But heck, I'm getting a raise :yay :yay :yay

And this is an incredible surprise because I work for one of the major banks that got some of the bail out funds. I didn't expect to get ANY raise this year. Heck, my pt job came out at the beginning of the year and said no raises this year even, and there wasn't that much of a drop in profits with them.

That's great news! Congratulations!

It's sunny and warm so far today. Kim had a much better night last night, too. With her better rested we may go out and get her nails done &/or get her a haircut today. I need to pick up an embroidery hoop for the applique work on the quilt, too.

That's fabulous news Val!! :clap:woo

It's sunny and warm so far today. Kim had a much better night last night, too. With her better rested we may go out and get her nails done &/or get her a haircut today. I need to pick up an embroidery hoop for the applique work on the quilt, too.

Oooh a girls beauty day! I love those :c9 Have a great time :hug

Good morning ladies :flower

How is everyone this fine day? It's kinda blah and muggy here today but I'll just crank up the old a/c and spend my day with my hook :hook

I have some catch crochet to really work hard on today because I have to get back to my sewing next week. I owe too many people too many things and I'd actually like to get some short sleeve blouses made for myself before it's too late to wear short sleeves :rofl

I think my little sickie feeling I've had for two weeks has blossomed into a sinus infection :P But I have some antibiotic here that my doctor told me to take when I need them so I put myself on those yesterday and I already seem to be improving :D I avoid antibiotic like the plague. I just don't wanna build up an immunity but they're nice when they're needed :yes

I can't remember if I told you ladies the other day that my sister's mammogram results came back positive. They found "something" on both sides. She goes today for a new mammo and a sonogram if necessary. The findings don't looking real good. But whatever it is, they are very small and toward the front which is good! That can be dealt with. We will find out by about 4 or 5 this afternoon. So fingers crossed and a few good vibes wouldn't be amiss if y'all can spare some for her :manyheart

So busy day planned today. Gonna catch up on my crocheting so that I can break the news to BD that we WILL be cleaning this weekend :lol It's just too out of control around here for me. Shouldn't take that long though :D

Have a happy day everyone :manyheart

I can't remember if I told you ladies the other day that my sister's mammogram results came back positive. They found "something" on both sides. She goes today for a new mammo and a sonogram if necessary. The findings don't looking real good. But whatever it is, they are very small and toward the front which is good! That can be dealt with. We will find out by about 4 or 5 this afternoon. So fingers crossed and a few good vibes wouldn't be amiss if y'all can spare some for her :manyheart

Oh no. My prayers and thoughts are with you and sissy.

Thoughts and prayers, Cara:hug:manyheart

:cheer Congrats!

I'm glad Kim has a better night. Have fun if you get out!

That's fabulous news Val!! :clap:woo

Oooh a girls beauty day! I love those :c9 Have a great time :hug

Good morning ladies :flower

How is everyone this fine day? It's kinda blah and muggy here today but I'll just crank up the old a/c and spend my day with my hook :hook

I have some catch crochet to really work hard on today because I have to get back to my sewing next week. I owe too many people too many things and I'd actually like to get some short sleeve blouses made for myself before it's too late to wear short sleeves :rofl

I think my little sickie feeling I've had for two weeks has blossomed into a sinus infection :P But I have some antibiotic here that my doctor told me to take when I need them so I put myself on those yesterday and I already seem to be improving :D I avoid antibiotic like the plague. I just don't wanna build up an immunity but they're nice when they're needed :yes

So busy day planned today. Gonna catch up on my crocheting so that I can break the news to BD that we WILL be cleaning this weekend :lol It's just too out of control around here for me. Shouldn't take that long though :D

Have a happy day everyone :manyheart

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. She is definitely in my prayers. I hope you continue to feel better also.

Still in a small funk...don't know what my problem is right now.