Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

The LC? Uh-uh --- not yet...though it is a good way to use those odds and ends of colors I always seem to accumulate.:devil

Back to making the last 21 saltines for the ATW:clap

Later....

Im sorry,i meant your ATW :yes I was also thinking the same thing...I have buckets full of left over yarn and i think that would be perfect.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies :flower

How is everyone this fine day? :D I ended up getting two of my log cabin blocks made yesterday :hook

Today I need to work on some swap squares then it's back to the quilt :yay

Have a great day everyone :manyheart

Hey! I don't know if anyone remembers me; I posted for a while last summer but kind of stopped when a few things went topsy-turvey in my life. I just finished my freshman year of college, and hopefully I'll be better prepared this year and able to keep crocheting through the school year this time!

Hi, Stephanie! Your username sounds familiar.

Welcome back...

And take baby steps, so you're not overwhelmed:hug

Hey! I don't know if anyone remembers me; I posted for a while last summer but kind of stopped when a few things went topsy-turvey in my life. I just finished my freshman year of college, and hopefully I'll be better prepared this year and able to keep crocheting through the school year this time!

Hi Stephanie!! Welcome back :hug I agree with Judy. Just take it nice and easy and don't get into overwhelm :) The great thing about the itty bitty squares is you can do them in under 5 minutes and they're extremely portable :D

Hi everyone! I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I hope to catch up soon. I thinking of you all. :hug

Hi Nicole!! We're thinking of you as well :manyheart Drop in any time you want. Doesn't even have to have anything to do with the quilts :lol Just stopping by for a chat is good :D

Hi Stephanie!! Welcome back :hug I agree with Judy. Just take it nice and easy and don't get into overwhelm :) The great thing about the itty bitty squares is you can do them in under 5 minutes and they're extremely portable :D

I agree, I love being able to bring the squares to work to work on during my lunch break. I recently took a road trip from New York to Montana, and during the times I managed to avoid getting carsick, I finished a ton of little squares! :)

Hi, Stephanie! :hi Welcome back! Congratulations on successfully completing your freshman year. That can be a difficult transition for many students. Glad you made it. Crochet when you can but don't get upset when you can't.

John left for Texas this morning for Houston and later Austin. Won't be back until next week. Soooo....Kim and I will see what mischief we can get into in the meantime. :devil

Hello, Everyone :waving

Cara ~ You sound nice and perky this morning. I love the look of your Log Cabin, and I am impressed by the speed with which you turn out completed blocks :cheer Oh, yes, I hope you will put the pattern up on your site, once you have photos :yes

Mmmm, yummy sounding dinner, Linda :fork:spoon:knife I had never eaten eggplant until I went to college, but now I stuff it and bake it on occasion. Would you share your recipe from last night? I prefer to cook with specific measurements (at least, the first time I make a dish :blush) So sorry to hear about your missing labs and re-scheduled doctor's appointment :hug DH had the same problem with a kidney doctor (what are the odds? :think) last year, and he had to re-do a bunch of labs. It's mighty frustrating :thair

Judy ~ You are so close on the ATW. You can do it :cheer

Jessica ~ I am sorry I cannot remember :blush What quilt pattern are you working on, now?

I have pics :jumpyay

Grecian Tiles table runner -- 77" x 17" in RHSS Spa Blue

This last picture is not made out of squares, but you can peek at my little ruffled jacket that I am so proud of. It fits :lol I made mine out of Lion Suede, but I made one for my mum out of LionBrand Recycled Cotton. Did that one ever turn out nice for a light-weight jacket to shrug into on these cool evenings?!?

post-20536-135897425283_thumb.jpg

post-20536-135897425294_thumb.jpg

post-20536-135897425297_thumb.jpg

Hi, Stephanie :hi Judy and Cara are right. Just ease into projects. I cannot imagine studying and having a project deadline, too, but all the more power to you :hook Congratulations on finishing your Freshman year. Are you ready for your 2nd year? Enjoy your short break.

Hello, Nicole :hug I was thinking of you, yesterday. Hope you are doing alright. Peek in, anytime!

Thanks, Tracy! As I look at the picture, I am not happy with the "ruffling" around the edges of the runner. I am going to spritz it with water and try to block it a little better. I do not have to wrap it up for a gift until next weekend, so I have time to straighten it out a bit. Any suggestions would be welcome... What did I do wrong?

Beautiful work Dusti!

About the ruffling - I have the problem sometimes...then I add a row to the border, easing decreases in as needed. It usually works.

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Ack! Didn't post it in here :blush Here's the first block and the currently proposed layout :)

It's gorgeous, Cara! The colors are wonderful together. :cheer

The LC? Uh-uh --- not yet...though it is a good way to use those odds and ends of colors I always seem to accumulate.:devil

Back to making the last 21 saltines for the ATW:clap

Later....

Congratulations on being so close to finishing!

Hooray for Wifey Points!

That's a beautiful pattern, Cara. You must put it on the Yellow House site if it isn't already. And what a great way it would be to use up odds and ends.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

The term is from quilting, but I don't know where it comes from either. Maybe one of my quilt books says.

I was to have a check-up with the kidney doctor today at noon, BUT they hadn't received my lab work from last Monday and that office couldn't find it, didn't have it, it know any had been done, etc. Sooo...no appointment. I have to reschedule it. Again. At least I wasn't charged for a visit. I was ANGRY! I went to lunch, picked up dry cleaning for John, who worked from home today, and then took off for a quilt shop I've never been to in Dahlonaga, which about 30 minutes north of Cumming. I took my oriental fabric with me and spent several hours looking at fabric and trying to decide what would go with what I've got and what's coming from Joy. About $70 and 7 yards of material later I am ready to make a start on the first of several oriental themed quilts. I did have fun and am in a much better mood than when I left.

I have another new dish cooking, too. It's called "Imam Bayildi" or "The Imam Fainted." It's from the Mideast. "It got its name, one legend says, when a gourmet-priest swooned upon being denied the dish." It's got egg plant, onions, tomatoes, salt, garlic and oil in it. It's simmering at the moment and smells wonderful.

So sorry about the mistakes at the doctors. :( Great sounding recipe! I like eggplant and use it pretty often. :)

Mary can you please add 9 solids to my count please? Thanks!

9 more added, Jessica. :hook

Hi Stephanie!

Hi everyone! I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I hope to catch up soon. I thinking of you all. :hug

Nicole, I hope you're okay...check in whenever you can. :ghug

This last picture is not made out of squares, but you can peek at my little ruffled jacket that I am so proud of. It fits :lol I made mine out of Lion Suede, but I made one for my mum out of LionBrand Recycled Cotton. Did that one ever turn out nice for a light-weight jacket to shrug into on these cool evenings?!?

Yay for pictures! Your table runner is beautiful. :yay The jacket is so pretty - great job. :hook

Oops, I hit submit too soon. :blush It's so much fun to see pictures this morning. :yes

I have a ziploc full of squares and think I'll do something besides the baby nine patch...just can't decide what that will be. :lol Didn't Tracy and/or Wendy do a child-size Irish Chain? Decision time again.

Have a great morning, everyone. :manyheart

I agree, I love being able to bring the squares to work to work on during my lunch break. I recently took a road trip from New York to Montana, and during the times I managed to avoid getting carsick, I finished a ton of little squares! :)

That's what I do on road trips :hook

Hi, Stephanie! :hi Welcome back! Congratulations on successfully completing your freshman year. That can be a difficult transition for many students. Glad you made it. Crochet when you can but don't get upset when you can't.

John left for Texas this morning for Houston and later Austin. Won't be back until next week. Soooo....Kim and I will see what mischief we can get into in the meantime. :devil

Uh oh. Thelma and Louise are on the loose! :rofl

Beautiful work Dusti!! :clap It is probably ruffling because of the yarn. I suggest pinning it to the bed since it's so long. Block it with rust proof pins. Then spritz it with water and let it dry. :yes

Oops, I hit submit too soon. :blush It's so much fun to see pictures this morning. :yes

I have a ziploc full of squares and think I'll do something besides the baby nine patch...just can't decide what that will be. :lol Didn't Tracy and/or Wendy do a child-size Irish Chain? Decision time again.

Good morning Miss Mary!! :hi Ooh a new project! How exciting! :clap:yay

Jessica ~ I am sorry I cannot remember :blush What quilt pattern are you working on, now?

The runner its pretty. As is the jacket. :D I am not making anything in particular yet. Just made 9 saltines for a 12" square. I am thinking of a 9patch or ATW in some new yarn I got a few weeks ago for the baby charity I am involved in.

I made one, here it is. :hook

post-14641-135897425395_thumb.jpg

Can't wait to see what you make next. :D

[ATTACH]4939[/ATTACH]

Gorgeous!!:clap:clap:clap

[ATTACH]4939[/ATTACH]

Oh! Thank you, Tracy! :manyheart It is so cute - my memory isn't as bad as I thought. :lol That's what I've decided to do with the Country Rose, Rose Pink and Soft White squares I've been making.

I am so tired of being housebound...it's 105 (yesterday reached 108) and it's way too hot for Gracie and I to be outside for more than a few minutes. Oh well, it's summertime in Texas. :yes

Oh! Thank you, Tracy! :manyheart It is so cute - my memory isn't as bad as I thought. :lol That's what I've decided to do with the Country Rose, Rose Pink and Soft White squares I've been making.

I am so tired of being housebound...it's 105 (yesterday reached 108) and it's way too hot for Gracie and I to be outside for more than a few minutes. Oh well, it's summertime in Texas. :yes

Yep, I'm afraid it is :lol This heat is making me nuts and we haven't even gotten to August yet :sweat Y'all stay cool :hug

:hi Mary. Can't wait to see your new project. :hook

Sometimes I miss those temperatures, especially when it is freezing cold and my sister is telling me they are at the beach swimming. :lol

I'd like a just nice 55-60 degrees farenheit the majority of the time :lol

Archived