Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Fabulous job! I lurve the Barbie clothes! :drool Is that your pattern or did you use one? I just got gifted two new Barbie crochet books one of which is the huge Crochet for Barbie! :dance I'm just so excited about that book I cannot begin to tell you :lol:hook

Not my pattern. I used one from the Original Crochet Pattern section. Of course, I couldn't leave the pattern alone. I had to modify it multiple times. :lol :lol

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone. :)

Linda it's gorgeous.

Mary, I have 12 more solids to report.

I finished off a PTC block last night.

12 more added!

:droolOh, Linda ~ That block is gorgeous!! Do, please, continue showing us pictures whenever your little heart desires; I can never get enough :yes

I second that. :D

Oh wow! Are you appliqueing the flowers and butterflies?!? :eek Color me super impressed :nworthy

:cheer:yay

WTG Donna! :clap:cheer

Good morning ladies :flower

How is everyone this fine morning? :D I forced myself to go lie down last night just before 1. Took me a while to get to sleep but I listened to some of my book.

I've have to be narrated to sleep these days. I've even gotten BD to where that's how he falls asleep. Thank goodness for the iPod function on my iPhone because he made off with the regular iPod :rofl Oh and I set my alarm for 9 this morning and got up :tup

I got the fourth LC block done yesterday and half of #5 :dance Today I hope to get #5 done and at least half of #6 down as well :hook

Have a very happy day, my friends :2hug

Great progress on your LC! I'm glad you're sleeping better. :manyheart

Good morning everyone. John gets home this afternoon. I'm taking pictures of all the things I did when my camera was dead and catching up on housework today. I got three preemie afghans done for the charity weekend just ended. I'm including pics of the three outfits for Rosie's granddaughters for Christmas.

Beautiful work on the preemie ghans, Linda. :clap The Barbie clothes are so cute!

Love the ghans and outfits, Linda!

Hi Nicole. :)

Today was a busy one. I finally got my hair cut and ran some other errands. It was only in the 80's today and it sure makes a difference in my mood. :lol DH will be home about 7 and I'm making Potato-Leek soup with cornbread...never would have thought of that on a 100+ degree day.;)

I feel much much much better now that my curiousity has been satisified with a picture. Thanks for posting pictures. That quilt is going to be absolutely gorgeous when done. Now I can focus on other things, like packing. ugh. I hate packing.

Today was a busy one. I finally got my hair cut and ran some other errands. It was only in the 80's today and it sure makes a difference in my mood. :lol DH will be home about 7 and I'm making Potato-Leek soup with cornbread...never would have thought of that on a 100+ degree day.;)

Y'all got 80s yesterday? We were still in the 90s :sweat I wanted cornbread with supper last night but it was just too hot for the oven. At least I saved a bunch of calories :lol

I feel much much much better now that my curiousity has been satisified with a picture. Thanks for posting pictures. That quilt is going to be absolutely gorgeous when done. Now I can focus on other things, like packing. ugh. I hate packing.

Congrats on your house, Joy!! :clap When do you close?

How is everyone this morning? :D I've got a bit of a headache for some reason. It'll pass with an appropriate amount of caffeine :lol

Not a whole lot going on today. Gonna go play bingo, of course :D And a quick trip to the PO and that's about it. My sister's in summer semester right now so lots of studying going on. She just makes time for a weekly bingo break. Gotta keep those priorities straight ya know :wink:lol

Other than that I'm gonna work on my LC :hook I ran out of Real Teal 8 measly little squares short of block #6 :P I'm trying to use up some of this yarn I have around here so if I can't find a bit more of the teal then I'll just modify the design :hook

Have a great day everyone :2hug

Other than that I'm gonna work on my LC :hook I ran out of Real Teal 8 measly little squares short of block #6 :P I'm trying to use up some of this yarn I have around here so if I can't find a bit more of the teal then I'll just modify the design :hook

what's your brand of yarn and dye lot? my stash is quite varied:hook

what's your brand of yarn and dye lot? my stash is quite varied:hook

Just regular old RHSS Real Teal. No dye lot. Yeah right :lol But that color's pretty consistent. Just their reds seem to vary. I'll love you forever if you have a bit of it to share :lashes Okay, I'll love you forever anyway but still :hug:lol

Just regular old RHSS Real Teal. No dye lot. Yeah right :lol But that color's pretty consistent. Just their reds seem to vary. I'll love you forever if you have a bit of it to share :lashes Okay, I'll love you forever anyway but still :hug:lol

I'll look to see where I buried it - I happen to like that color whcih is why I bought it - no project in mind:lol

Cara...found it on top of a tote bag. It's better than half a sk....would that be enough?

Cara, I won't be going to the PO till tomorrow...so it'll likely get to you Monday, with Priority.

More than enough!! Oh thank you, thank you, THANK YO!!! :jumpyay:hug Just send it cheap. It's not that big of a rush. You are an absolute doll :manyheart

More than enough!! Oh thank you, thank you, THANK YO!!! :jumpyay:hug Just send it cheap. It's not that big of a rush. You are an absolute doll :manyheart

You're welcome...and it's hardly any difference to mail it Priority or the next step down, so it'll probably go the speedy way:D The ladies at the counter in the PO know me so well...they've taught me lots of mailing tricks;)

Hi, everyone. We had a storm last night and it knocked out the power at least temporarily. I've been working on getting things reconnected, rebooted, etc. for the majority of the morning. Just finally got the internet working again. I've managed to get 3 more of the butterflies appliqued on today, too.

Hi, everyone. We had a storm last night and it knocked out the power at least temporarily. I've been working on getting things reconnected, rebooted, etc. for the majority of the morning. Just finally got the internet working again. I've managed to get 3 more of the butterflies appliqued on today, too.

Oh, that's such a pain! I remember a time without cell phones, never mind everything else. Life was so much simpler then.

Linda, you do beautiful quilting:c9

I have about 6 more rows to get to 36 inches on my current RR and then I'll send you both bankets.

Oh, that's such a pain! I remember a time without cell phones, never mind everything else. Life was so much simpler then.

Yep, but a lot more boring :lol

Linda - Glad the power's back and everything's back up now :D

Back from bingo and huge trip to the PO. I got behind on swap squares and had 11 of them to send out :blush All caught up now :hook

Gonna catch up on the rest of my email then it's back to the LC :hook

Linda, you do beautiful quilting:c9

I have about 6 more rows to get to 36 inches on my current RR and then I'll send you both bankets.

That's great Judy. tomorrow I'll be turning in the first one you sent me and 8 that I've made.

We're off to the Blue Ridge mountains for a long weekend. We're leaving soon and won't be back until evening on Monday. Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll talk more when I get back. Of course, I'm taking multiple crochet projects with me to work on. :hook

We're off to the Blue Ridge mountains for a long weekend. We're leaving soon and won't be back until evening on Monday. Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll talk more when I get back. Of course, I'm taking multiple crochet projects with me to work on. :hook

Enjoy! That sounds like a lot of fun!

Linda, have a great weekend!

This 36 incher will be getting to you sometime next week (along with the 9 patch)

post-8552-135897428855_thumb.jpg

I have to share this! My Mom's company just rocks! A friend of mine is going through a rough time, she lost her job a couple months ago, her husband was left paralyzed after surgery last year to remove a tumor from his spinal column. They have four daughters, one has Down's. I know the family has been struggling, as is everyone else in the country. Mom's company does fund raisers throughout the year and they use the funds from the vending machines and use that money to sponsor a family or families at Christmas time. They may provide gifts, or pay some bills that are behind, provide food, whatever is needed. Mom just called me and said she talked to one of the manager's and they've approved my friends family to be one of the sponsored families this year!

Ohhh what a wonderful sounding weekend :c9 I've been through the Blue Ridge mts several times and they are simply breathtaking :yes Have a fabulous time :hug

Linda, have a great weekend!

This 36 incher will be getting to you sometime next week (along with the 9 patch)

Beautimous! :clap

How's everyone this fine morning? I'm feeling right spiffy today myself, thank you for asking :D

I didn't get hardly a lick of crochet done yesterday. Shiny objects on the Net you know :lol But today's plan is to spend my time with my hook and my audio book :c9

But first....chores :P:lol

Have a fabulous day everyone! :2hug

Archived