Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

We're off to the Blue Ridge mountains for a long weekend. We're leaving soon and won't be back until evening on Monday. Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll talk more when I get back. Of course, I'm taking multiple crochet projects with me to work on. :hook

Have a good weekend and I am sure you are going to have lovely pics of FO when you get back. :hook

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to share this! My Mom's company just rocks! A friend of mine is going through a rough time, she lost her job a couple months ago, her husband was left paralyzed after surgery last year to remove a tumor from his spinal column. They have four daughters, one has Down's. I know the family has been struggling, as is everyone else in the country. Mom's company does fund raisers throughout the year and they use the funds from the vending machines and use that money to sponsor a family or families at Christmas time. They may provide gifts, or pay some bills that are behind, provide food, whatever is needed. Mom just called me and said she talked to one of the manager's and they've approved my friends family to be one of the sponsored families this year!

That's great news for them. :yes:hug

Cara, thanks:hook ...from an artist it is praise, indeed!

Priszm, that's wonderful news for that family!

On a charity news note: in the middle of not having a day off for ages the NY Yankees had (as part of their community outreach) a large group of people visit them at Yankee Stadium the other night. These are young people who have a condition that forces them to stay out of the sun. The team showed them around the Stadium, did many things together with them...all part, as I said of many other outreaches they are doing.

It makes me proud to be a fan of the team.:)

I have to share this! My Mom's company just rocks! A friend of mine is going through a rough time, she lost her job a couple months ago, her husband was left paralyzed after surgery last year to remove a tumor from his spinal column. They have four daughters, one has Down's. I know the family has been struggling, as is everyone else in the country. Mom's company does fund raisers throughout the year and they use the funds from the vending machines and use that money to sponsor a family or families at Christmas time. They may provide gifts, or pay some bills that are behind, provide food, whatever is needed. Mom just called me and said she talked to one of the manager's and they've approved my friends family to be one of the sponsored families this year!

That's wonderful news!! :yay:manyheart

:yuck Do you have to? :lol Do them really fast so you can play. :D

There's not many anymore :lol I just can't bring myself to go nuts anymore. Easier on the ol' body :yes But I am adding just one thing extra everyday so maybe I can actually get the house clean again :blush It's a disaster :lol Today was a more thorough clean of the bathroom and I think tomorrow I'll have BD vacuum. Hey, if I have chores then so will he :devil

Aww shucks :2blush Thanks sweetie :manyheart

On a charity news note: in the middle of not having a day off for ages the NY Yankees had (as part of their community outreach) a large group of people visit them at Yankee Stadium the other night. These are young people who have a condition that forces them to stay out of the sun. The team showed them around the Stadium, did many things together with them...all part, as I said of many other outreaches they are doing.

Oh what a wonderful thing for them to do! Every kid should go to at least one ballgame in their life :yes

Congrats on your house, Joy!! :clap When do you close?

Thanks! Unfortunately your guess is as good as mine on when closing will happen. It was supposed to be done last Friday, but the abstract (original went through the flood last year so they had to have a new one made up) wasn't ready. Then it was supposed to be done today, but when the lawyer looked over the abstract they found an unexpected lien on the property that should have been taken care of with the last sale. So now the seller is trying to get that cleared up and I'm not sure how long it will take. Either way I'm moving Thursday!

Priszm, that's wonderful news for that family!

That is so awesome! I know how those kids feel & to be able to do something like that makes you feel alive.

Oh that is so awesome. We got something like this when I left my exhusband. It made the transition from having Daddy at his fave holiday to not having daddy so much easier on my kids.

That is so awesome! I know how those kids feel & to be able to do something like that makes you feel alive.

Oh that is so awesome. We got something like this when I left my exhusband. It made the transition from having Daddy at his fave holiday to not having daddy so much easier on my kids.

How are you and the kids doing? Your son was having some medical issues, right? Is he doing well?

How are you and the kids doing? Your son was having some medical issues, right? Is he doing well?
They are as well as can be. the oldest has been having a lot of problems with his asthma. The middle one got hit by a car (he is fine now), & the youngest one has asthma issues almost as bad as the oldest. But he never gets croup thankfully. I think we are done for a few weeks. :lol

Thanks! Unfortunately your guess is as good as mine on when closing will happen. It was supposed to be done last Friday, but the abstract (original went through the flood last year so they had to have a new one made up) wasn't ready. Then it was supposed to be done today, but when the lawyer looked over the abstract they found an unexpected lien on the property that should have been taken care of with the last sale. So now the seller is trying to get that cleared up and I'm not sure how long it will take. Either way I'm moving Thursday!

Well then they better get things settled or set an extra place for supper :rofl Hope they get it straightened out but soon :hug

Good Morning, Ladies. :) I've been MIA since Wednesday...just too much going on to go into. :lol

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. DD and I are driving to my parents about noon...it's their 70th anniversary. They didn't want a party, so it will just be family for a visit and cake. No way will I take Gracie to their house. They leave doors open and gates open outside and live on a pretty busy street.

Have a great day. :manyheart

Good Morning, Ladies. :) I've been MIA since Wednesday...just too much going on to go into. :lol

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. DD and I are driving to my parents about noon...it's their 70th anniversary. They didn't want a party, so it will just be family for a visit and cake. No way will I take Gracie to their house. They leave doors open and gates open outside and live on a pretty busy street.

Wow! 70 years! I hope you all have a wonderful time:manyheart

70th anniversary?!? Wow! Congratulations to mom and dad! :clap Have a great time :hug

Evening Ladies!!

Been super lazy the last few days and didn't do anything,that and its been realy hot here...then spent yesterday cleaning,then made Taco Soup for dinner,it was good...never had it before....Went to take a photo of my Amish Double Irish Chain now that i have the bottom squares done and found that my DS had used all the batteries in the camra :thair Ohhhh...I was so mad.So now i have to wait till i get batteries.So tonight i will crochet the border saltines for those squares and pout.

Mary...Could you please add 42 solids please.

Hope everyone is doing good!!!

Hi everyone! I had a crazy, busy weekend. My family reunion was on Saturday and the NASCAR race yesterday (it was at the track here in Indy). I've also had a headache for five days straight. It's not really bad or anything, but it's enough to be annoying. Hope to catch up soon.

Morning all! Did everyone have a good weekend? We watched movies pretty much all weekend. Friday night we rented Push and Inkheart, they weren't too bad. Yesterday we made it to Harry Potter, which overall was good.

I'm still working on spirals for the Spiral Ghan. The pattern calls for 98, so I thought I'd start there and then see how many additional I need to make it queen size :D. I'm up to 61 so far. I did crochet a scarf yesterday really quickly. It was DBF's friend's daughters 16th birthday so I made up a scarf really quickly for her. And I didn't get any pictures, I literally finished shortly after DBF showed up so we could leave :lol

Hi, Nicole!

Priszm...what pattern are you using for the spiral ghan?

Nothing new here....other than some very loud T/storms last night! Thankfully we didn't get any hail with it. Our grass is very happy:)

Evening Ladies!!

Been super lazy the last few days and didn't do anything,that and its been realy hot here...then spent yesterday cleaning,then made Taco Soup for dinner,it was good...never had it before....Went to take a photo of my Amish Double Irish Chain now that i have the bottom squares done and found that my DS had used all the batteries in the camra :thair Ohhhh...I was so mad.So now i have to wait till i get batteries.So tonight i will crochet the border saltines for those squares and pout.

Oh dontcha just hate when someone does something like that? :irk Hope you get new batteries soon. We love photos :D

Hi everyone! I had a crazy, busy weekend. My family reunion was on Saturday and the NASCAR race yesterday (it was at the track here in Indy). I've also had a headache for five days straight. It's not really bad or anything, but it's enough to be annoying. Hope to catch up soon.

Sounds like you had a great weekend :clap

Morning all! Did everyone have a good weekend? We watched movies pretty much all weekend. Friday night we rented Push and Inkheart, they weren't too bad. Yesterday we made it to Harry Potter, which overall was good.

I wanna see Inkheart too but I wanna read the book first. I'm just that way. BD watched Twilight last night but I refused to watch it because the book is still sitting here unread as of yet :blush

Hi, Nicole!

Nothing new here....other than some very loud T/storms last night! Thankfully we didn't get any hail with it. Our grass is very happy:)

Oh if it would rain here I think my sinuses finally would be happy :sick

Morning gals :flower

I spent a good chunk of my weekend sick as a dog :( I do believe I'm getting another lovely sinus infection :irk Oh well, this too shall pass :D

Didn't do much of anything yesterday. No crocheting at all. My eyes just wouldn't cooperate yesterday :lol

But at least the nausea seems to be gone today. I can't stand that :no Just a stuffy, achy head. Hopefully I'll get more done on the LC today :hook

Hi, Nicole!

This one from Caron. The actual spirals are super easy. 4 rounds each, each round is 2 colors. I haven't actually started putting any together yet. I figure I don't need to read the pattern to do the spirals, so they're easy to do while working :lol

This one from Caron. The actual spirals are super easy. 4 rounds each, each round is 2 colors. I haven't actually started putting any together yet. I figure I don't need to read the pattern to do the spirals, so they're easy to do while working :lol

Ack!:eek

Better you than me. :lol

I got that newsletter with that one in it :yes It's a gorgeous ghan and I'd love to see it done :yes I just have made myself stop doing everyone elses patterns though because I'm not getting anything done :lol

Linda, have a great weekend!

This 36 incher will be getting to you sometime next week (along with the 9 patch)

It's beautiful, Judy!

Priszm, that is wonderful news!

Oh, good grief! What else can get bolluxed on this deal? Wish I was close enough to help with the move, but I'll send lots of good wishes your way.

The weekend in the mountains was very nice. It was peaceful and quiet at the cabin and we got together with lots of John's family on Sunday for brunch and again today for a train ride to McCay'sville on the Tennessee border. We had just two hours to explore, shop, and eat while there. I spent my time shopping. I found a quilt shop and an antique mall with one vender that had just quilting material and books. I got three books, 3 yards of material, and a bag of mixed material pieces. And made it back to the train on time. I wasn't about to spent time sitting in a restaurant when I could be exploring a mountain village. I started and finished a Celtic Knot shawl while we were there, started another preemie afghan, finished one book and read another one, too. A very productive and restful long weekend. Pictures of the mountains tomorrow.

The weekend in the mountains was very nice. It was peaceful and quiet at the cabin and we got together with lots of John's family on Sunday for brunch and again today for a train ride to McCay'sville on the Tennessee border. We had just two hours to explore, shop, and eat while there. I spent my time shopping. I found a quilt shop and an antique mall with one vender that had just quilting material and books. I got three books, 3 yards of material, and a bag of mixed material pieces. And made it back to the train on time. I wasn't about to spent time sitting in a restaurant when I could be exploring a mountain village. I started and finished a Celtic Knot shawl while we were there, started another preemie afghan, finished one book and read another one, too. A very productive and restful long weekend. Pictures of the mountains tomorrow.

Sounds like a fabulous weekend!

I changed my mind on the spiral ghan. Using a K hook 14 motifs (which is what they say each strip should be) isn't long enough for a queen size bed. I'd probably need to at least double those. And I have no idea how many strips I'd need for the width. So I think I'll go back to the Prairie Star. Plus, I don't have the patience to sew together that many spirals :lol The PS is join as you go, so I think that'll be better for me to do. Hmm guess that means a trip to the store is needed.

Archived