Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howdy Judy and Cara! :)

I've been crocheting like a crazy person on my Vivienne Lacy Cardigan. I'd like to have it done to wear to work tomorrow. I should be able to pull it off. It's worked from the top down. I'm about 1/3 of the way through the lower body. Once I get that part done, I just have to do the edging and the flower for the back.

Afternoon Ladies!!

Ive been slacking on squares :blush Made a kitty and Octopus...now it will be back to squares.Just needed a short break.

Hope everyone is good.

Anyway....photos of what i have done!!

Edit...Shoot...just noticed that i have the square on the laft upside down...so dont look at that...lol.

post-3370-135897432253_thumb.jpg

post-3370-135897432258_thumb.jpg

post-3370-13589743226_thumb.jpg

post-3370-135897432264_thumb.jpg

I love the kitty too!! Everything look fabulous Shay.

Well, I'm not going to get the cardigan done today. That's okay though...it's almost done....probably finish it up by Wednesday since I can only get a few hours in during the week. Darn that job!

I love the kitty too!! Everything look fabulous Shay.

Well, I'm not going to get the cardigan done today. That's okay though...it's almost done....probably finish it up by Wednesday since I can only get a few hours in during the week. Darn that job!

I feel the same way about housework. Just gets in the way of all our fun :rolleyes

Hi, Nicole and Cara.

Nicole, you should be done in no time - unless the kitties decide to "help":lol

Usually, Jackson tries to help by laying on the yarn or my lap. The kitties were actully little sweethearts today! They slept most of the day. When they weren't sleeping, they were trying to get a fly that snuck into the house. :cat

I feel the same way about housework. Just gets in the way of all our fun :rolleyes

Pretty much all work stinks! :yes

Hello, everyone. I've finally come upstairs. I finished reading the book I started yesterday first and then tackled "Design Your Own Quilts" by Judy Hopkins. It's one of the ones I picked up last weekend when we were in the mountains. It's great. I went through it cover to cover with highlighter in hand. It's going to really help with the quilt I'm designing. I finally got hungry and came up to scrounge. . . .I came up with veggies, noodles, and meat sauce that John made yesterday. Sarge has spent most of the day in my lap purring. He's definitely been feeling neglected of late.

I love the octopus, Shay!

When I finish my lunch/supper I think I'll put on a movie and crochet with some of my new yarn. :hook

Hi everyone. :)

Nope regular stove top type. It was very good. Here's the recipe if anyone wants.

Okay now y'all have hogged that rain up there long enough. Send some of that down to our end of the interstate :lol

Finished another block for the LC! Only 4 more to go then a bazillion black saltines for the sashing :hook

Great recipe! I love that site, too. Well, maybe I shouldn't tell you, but we had another 1 1/2" of rain last night. ;) The power stayed on this time, thank goodness. Gracie barks at thunder and loves to chase rain...I can't believe how much we've laughed at her. :lol

I'm gloating. :D I decided to see what Green Tree and Big Lots had in their yarn sections today. I got 6 skeins of RH Baby Clouds in serene green at $1/skein for preemie afghans, 8 skeins of Lion Suede in fuchsia at $1.50/skein for a shawl, and 13 skeins of La Mer in a black/light gray/sparkle mix at $1/skein which should be enough for another shawl I think. The label just says it's 50 gr. without any data on yardage. It's pretty, so I'm hoping it's enough for what I have in mind.

Yay for finding such great bargains! :cheerI looked at our Big Lots last week and they only had a few skeins of ribbon yarn.

Hi everyone!

Linda - :woo about the yarn

I'm working on my Lacy Cardigan I got from the kit swap. It's working up really quickly. I'll post pictures of stuff when it's done. I'm having ADD right now. I can't seem to finish anything without wanting to start something else.

Oh, Nicole...none of us ever have more than one project going at a time. :devil:lol

Afternoon Ladies!!

Ive been slacking on squares :blush Made a kitty and Octopus...now it will be back to squares.Just needed a short break.

Hope everyone is good.

Edit...Shoot...just noticed that i have the square on the laft upside down...so dont look at that...lol.

Beautiful work, Shay! :clap The colors in your IC are stunning and the your kitty and Octupus are sooo cute. :hook

I hope you have all had a great weekend. I just boiled some shrimp and we're having that with a salad for supper. DH makes great red sauce.

Almost forgot :blush - I'm reporting 17 solids. :crocheting

Linda - Sounds like you've had a nice relaxing day :D And there's nothing more wonderful than the sound of a purring cat :c9

Mary - Mmm shrimp :drool I love shrimp but BD doesn't do seafood :rolleyes I think we got a little tiny bit of rain yesterday. The weather channels website said it was raining last night but you could've fooled me. I went outside and that had to be the driest rain I ever saw :rofl

Afternoon Ladies!!

Hope everyone is good.

Beautiful! I love it all - esp the perfect squares you made and the drama of the black with all that color:cheer

Yay for finding such great bargains! :cheerI looked at our Big Lots last week and they only had a few skeins of ribbon yarn.

Oh, Nicole...none of us ever have more than one project going at a time. :devil:lol

How much yarn they have seems vary tremendously. Green Tree had the green and that was it. Big Lots had 5 times the yarn they had last time.

Mary, shame on you for telling fibs. We all have oodles of projects going at the same time! Or at least I do.

still working hard on my checked quilt now I have a question,do we line them like a quilt or leave it as it is, thanks so much ladies for showing me how to make a saltine I love it

I have never lined one of my quiltghans. I just use them as is. They just seem to get softer and more snuggly with every wash.

Good Morning, Happy House Ladies. :)

still working hard on my checked quilt now I have a question,do we line them like a quilt or leave it as it is, thanks so much ladies for showing me how to make a saltine I love it

Hi! I think most of us have left them without a backing. Good luck and we'd love to see a picture!

How much yarn they have seems vary tremendously. Green Tree had the green and that was it. Big Lots had 5 times the yarn they had last time.

Mary, shame on you for telling fibs. We all have oodles of projects going at the same time! Or at least I do.

I have never lined one of my quiltghans. I just use them as is. They just seem to get softer and more snuggly with every wash.

Hi Linda. Oh yes, I have UFOs upstairs...several. :lol

Gracie's surgery has been postponed until tomorrow. The vet called late Friday and his jury duty was held over through today...and he's hoping that's all. :yes What a devoted guy - he said he always does his civic duty, but his mind is always on his patients. :manyheart

Things are in pretty good shape around here, so I may get a little crocheting in today. :hook Have a great morning, all.

Gracie's surgery has been postponed until tomorrow. The vet called late Friday and his jury duty was held over through today...and he's hoping that's all. :yes What a devoted guy - he said he always does his civic duty, but his mind is always on his patients. :manyheart

Now *that* is a great vet :manyheart

Good morning ladies :flower :2hug

What a beautiful day it is :D It's still relatively cool outside and gorgeous :manyheart I'm in a great mood today. Even have a little energy :D

I'm starting a plan today to get things done around here in 5 minute increments. Better than the No minute increments I've been doing for a couple of months because of my back :lol

The back is still bugging me if I try to do more than about 5 minutes of standing so I'm gonna take advantage of that 5 minutes. I've already had 3 sessions today and I've gotten lots done already :dance

But I'm still gonna be very careful and take it slow. Better slow than no :) I'm hoping to get lots done on my LC today. I'm over half done. Photos of it so far in minimoo :D

And here's the LC so far :D Each of the 3 complete blocks are in stacks of 3. There'll be 3 of each of the 4 blocks. Then each block will have black saltines between them. I think I'm digging it so far :hook Oh and of course Misa had to get into the act :lol

post-9579-135897432872_thumb.jpg

And here's the LC so far :D Each of the 3 complete blocks are in stacks of 3. There'll be 3 of each of the 4 blocks. Then each block will have black saltines between them. I think I'm digging it so far :hook Oh and of course Misa had to get into the act :lol

They are gorgeous, Cara. And do take it easy with the back.

I've spent a good bit of the afternoon plotting out what is going where in the quilt, at least as far as the special parts go. Then calculating how many 4 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch squares I need to fill up the rest. Then picked some patterns for the squares and what the dimensions are for cutting and stitching them. No idea yet how they are going to be put together yet. But at least the overall idea is gelling and on paper instead of just sort of floating around in the back of my brain. :devil

Mary & Nicole - Thanks for the comments ladies :hug

Linda - Isn't the design process exciting sometimes?! :yes Sometimes I approach things and let them "tell" me what they will become. It's a great feeling :manyheart

Beautiful!:cheer Your squares are so perfect, too (of course;)).

Afternoon Ladies!!

Hope everyone is good.

Great work, it is all so pretty. :manyheart

Archived