Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

The vet called about 12:30 and everything is fine. We are to pick her up about 5. Poor baby, I know she'll be groggy and wearing a "cone" collar. Thank you all for the hugs. :manyheart

That's wonderful! :yay Thanks so much for the update :hug Oh why does she have to wear a cone? I've never had a vet put a cone on though. Guess I've just picked that kind of vet :yes

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:cheer for Gracie!

Don't be surprised is she comes home ready to play. All of my cats did. Then again, they are strange. I'm so thankful that she did well.

:lol So have mine. We had the hardest time with Tuon. She was ready to start pouncing on Misa as soon as she was out of the carrier :lol But she did fine with no problems :yes

:lol So have mine. We had the hardest time with Tuon. She was ready to start pouncing on Misa as soon as she was out of the carrier :lol But she did fine with no problems :yes

Well, at least it's not just my cats! :D

That's wonderful! :yay Thanks so much for the update :hug Oh why does she have to wear a cone? I've never had a vet put a cone on though. Guess I've just picked that kind of vet :yes

I don't think a cat would MOVE if they had a cone on! Dogs just look sad and embarrassed:lol

I don't think a cat would MOVE if they had a cone on! Dogs just look sad and embarrassed:lol

Awww, poor puppies :lol

Choco pink saltine ghan. :hook Had about 35 saltines to stitch together. :lol

Cool! :hook

:rofl Trust me...they move. :D Jackson got a cone after he hurt his paw because he kept chewing on it when it itched. He walked backwards for hours trying to walk out of it. :laughroll It was hysterical!

:rofl Trust me...they move. :D Jackson got a cone after he hurt his paw because he kept chewing on it when it itched. He walked backwards for hours trying to walk out of it. :laughroll It was hysterical!

:rofl :rofl :rofl Poor Jackson :lol

:sofunny:sofunny:sofunny

I can picture it...and my eyes started to fill up, I was laughing so hard!

Gracie is at the Vet's and they'll do her surgery late morning. :( Her mom is nervous and trying to keep busy. :yes She couldn't figure out why she didn't get any breakfast and kept laying down where her bowl usually is...talk about feeling like a bad mom. :lol

I'm so glad everything went well.

I started using size 10 and it's way too long (tall? wide?). It was at least 12" and that was the short end of the pattern, I still needed to do increases. So I decided to try it with size 30 thread. Gulp!

Size 30! :eek Ouch! I've used it in the past, but not recently. It makes me cross-eyed.

Nicole, your cardigan looks lovely.

Our phone, TV, and internet went off about 10:30 last night. The service guys were just here and fixed the problem. Someone had disconnected us at the street. Prank? Anyway, we're back in business now.

Sounds like the cable company got the wrong address for a disconnect :P Glad you got it fixed :hug

Not according to them. There was no such order in the system. And someone had attached an unauthorized line to the site. It was running across the street & hooked up wrong to work.

Not according to them. There was no such order in the system. And someone had attached an unauthorized line to the site. It was running across the street & hooked up wrong to work.

Ah ha! A cable thief. Considering BD works in the cable industry I say I hope they throw the book at them :irk That kinda thing takes food off my table :tryme

I am trying to decide what saltine project to do. I want something easy that I can start in the middle so I can use the join as I go method. It needs to be started in the middle due to my OCD ways. :lol And I want to use already started skeins. :think I also do not want it to be a scrappy doo.

And here's the LC so far :D Each of the 3 complete blocks are in stacks of 3. There'll be 3 of each of the 4 blocks. Then each block will have black saltines between them. I think I'm digging it so far :hook Oh and of course Misa had to get into the act :lol

Even though I'm not quite ready to join you folks yet, I had to drop in and say I just LOVE the LC, Cara. I'll get over here sooner or later, I have several saltine ghans in my future.

Jess - May I recommend the baby gingham. It's relatively quick, all solid color squares and you can start it anywhere you want :lol

Norma - You know the door's always open :hug

Cara, It bugs me when people cheat like that, too. They put some shrink wrap type stuff around the connections, so if the culprit tries it again, they'll really have to work hard at it to get to the connections.

I bought Trouble some new toys over the weekend and she's having a ball with them. They are soft and she loves having me throw them for her to chase. One is long enough to play tug-of-war with. While I'm sitting here at the computer, she puts it in my lap so I can toss it across the room for her. :dog But I have to wait for her to put it there or she'll grab it away from me and play keep-away with it. Silly thing.

Hope everyone has a good day. I started another shawl yesterday and want to see how far I can get with it today. I got half way through the back panel yesterday in spite of all the interruptions we had. :hook

Good Morning, ladies. :)

Choco pink saltine ghan. :hook Had about 35 saltines to stitch together. :lol

Hi Tracy ~ Yay for working on saltines again!

:lol Awww, poor Jackson! I'm laughing just reading about it. :yes

I'm so glad everything went well.

Size 30! :eek Ouch! I've used it in the past, but not recently. It makes me cross-eyed.

Nicole, your cardigan looks lovely.

Our phone, TV, and internet went off about 10:30 last night. The service guys were just here and fixed the problem. Someone had disconnected us at the street. Prank? Anyway, we're back in business now.

I hope everything is okay now and that they catch the bad guys. :yes

I am trying to decide what saltine project to do. I want something easy that I can start in the middle so I can use the join as I go method. It needs to be started in the middle due to my OCD ways. :lol And I want to use already started skeins. :think I also do not want it to be a scrappy doo.

I agree with Cara ~ The gingham is a great pattern! And there are no bi-color squares that we know you're not too fond of. :wink:devil

Well, the cone came off immediately...she couldn't eat, drink or walk. :lol DH went to Petsmart and bought the perfect thing. It's a soft inflatable protective collar - looks like a big donut around her neck, and so far she hasn't even tried to reach her incision. Our vet uses glue for the external incision so she should have less iritation. Now if I can just keep her from chasing squirrels for a few days. :lol

Linda - What a great thing for Trouble to get new toys :yay Grats on the shawl progress :clap

Mary - Poor little Gracie. :lol The collar DH found sounds great though. Good luck with that no squirrel chasing :lol

Good morning ladies :flower

It's another wonderful day! :D More LCing for me today. I got block #10 done and #11 2/3 done :dance I'm hoping I can start on the black sashing squares by Friday :hook

Have a great day everyone :manyheart

I just copied off the pattern for the Casablanca on happyyellowhouse.com., after looking at it for about 6 months. I really don't need another project, but-- It's BEAUTIFUL! I want to make it in different colors-maybe shades of red or purple. Any suggestions?

Archived