Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Feel better soon, Cara!

I just wanted to stop by and show you a picture of my in process friendship ghan. Some of the squares are larger than 6" and 12", but I'm determined to make them work. I love the idea of having mixed matched squares. Talk with y'all soon.

Mine are like that - I'm just going to take the biggest one, use that as a template, and bring the others up to size.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mine are like that - I'm just going to take the biggest one, use that as a template, and bring the others up to size.

That's a good idea. I've been using the flat braid method to bring them up to the right size. I'm also going to make "squares" to fill in the space. I love how it looks so far.

Feel better soon, Cara!

I just wanted to stop by and show you a picture of my in process friendship ghan. Some of the squares are larger than 6" and 12", but I'm determined to make them work. I love the idea of having mixed matched squares. Talk with y'all soon.

I think it will be beautiful! I was going to send you a square for you with the others for the comfortghan you are making. So what size do you want more then the other?

The very first blanket I completed had a huge amount of different size squares. Then I would do rows to fill in spaces. Pretty much whatever I thought would work. My ocd wont let me do that now. :( I did though do a blanket with a bunch of different sizes for my kids great grandma. As she remembered me making those blankets. Boy did I get the riot act for making her one. I guess the ex thought I shouldnt talk to his grandma no more. :lol

I think it will be beautiful! I was going to send you a square for you with the others for the comfortghan you are making. So what size do you want more then the other?

The very first blanket I completed had a huge amount of different size squares. Then I would do rows to fill in spaces. Pretty much whatever I thought would work. My ocd wont let me do that now. :( I did though do a blanket with a bunch of different sizes for my kids great grandma. As she remembered me making those blankets. Boy did I get the riot act for making her one. I guess the ex thought I shouldnt talk to his grandma no more. :lol

For the comfortghan for my friend, I'd like to have a 12" square if possible. It appears that most people are going to send 6" squares. I'm working on some 12" squares today. I really appreciate the offer!!

Hi everyone. I thought I'd posted today, but I must have been imagining things. :lol

Howdy gals :hi

How's everyone today? My stupid back is still giving me fits :irk I'm gonna find me a comfy way to sit today if it kills me :lol

Bad thing is I have tons of energy today and won't be able to do much at all. Isn't that always the way? :lol

I might try to work on the LC just a few saltines at a time here and there. It's better than nothing, I say :yes

I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far :manyheart :2hug

Hi Cara ~ I hope you found a way to get comfortable. :hug

Feel better soon, Cara!

It's going to be beautiful, Nicole. :hook Thanks for sharing the picture.

Hi to Jessica and Judy!

The day went quickly, but I really haven't accomplished much. :blush It will be easier when I don't have to watch Gracie so closely...they said 7-10 days until she should be really active and today is day 5. I do have block 5 joined together. :yes

I think I missed posting earlier today, too. It's been a quiet day. I spent most of the afternoon at Rosie's house visiting with her and laying out the parts of the quilt that can be laid out to see what they look like in reality instead of just in my head. It's getting there. Slowly, but surely.

Nicole - Your friendship ghan is going to be great :clap

Linda - sounds like the quilt is really coming along :clap

Mary - Hopefully the time of carefully watching Gracie will pass soon. Has she been droopy since? I've had cats be both ways. Some lounge for days, most actually, of course then there was Tuon who broke all the rules :lol

Okie. I have a 6" already done. I just got to figure out where the black ball of yarn I have went. :lol

:cheer Thanks so much!

Hi everyone. I thought I'd posted today, but I must have been imagining things. :lol

Hi Cara ~ I hope you found a way to get comfortable. :hug

It's going to be beautiful, Nicole. :hook Thanks for sharing the picture.

Hi to Jessica and Judy!

The day went quickly, but I really haven't accomplished much. :blush It will be easier when I don't have to watch Gracie so closely...they said 7-10 days until she should be really active and today is day 5. I do have block 5 joined together. :yes

I know it's hard to keep the cats from being active. Good luck with trying to keep Gracie under control without your husband.

I think I missed posting earlier today, too. It's been a quiet day. I spent most of the afternoon at Rosie's house visiting with her and laying out the parts of the quilt that can be laid out to see what they look like in reality instead of just in my head. It's getting there. Slowly, but surely.

:hi

Nicole - Your friendship ghan is going to be great :clap

Linda - sounds like the quilt is really coming along :clap

Mary - Hopefully the time of carefully watching Gracie will pass soon. Has she been droopy since? I've had cats be both ways. Some lounge for days, most actually, of course then there was Tuon who broke all the rules :lol

:rofl :rofl :rofl I've had more cats break the rules than follow them. My dogs were more cooperative.

The crocheted Bruges Lace is driving me crazy! But I'm hooked on it, so I guess it's just a question of going how many times I'll have to visit the frog pond until I get it figured out to my satisfaction. And since I'm a perfectionist that will probably be more often than I'd like. I've got the first strip done and the corner made, but now the joinings of the first to the second don't look so good. I really, really don't have to start over again from scratch, but I may have to. :(

So far I've watched a movie, crocheted, and made a batch of blueberry waffles for Kim. Not a bad start to the day.

Good evening, ladies. :)

That is so great that you have Rosie next door :manyheart ...it always helps to have someone else's perspective. How is she doing?

Droopy??? Oh, for about 3 hours after we brought her home from the surgery. :lol

:rofl :rofl :rofl I've had more cats break the rules than follow them. My dogs were more cooperative.

The crocheted Bruges Lace is driving me crazy! But I'm hooked on it, so I guess it's just a question of going how many times I'll have to visit the frog pond until I get it figured out to my satisfaction. And since I'm a perfectionist that will probably be more often than I'd like. I've got the first strip done and the corner made, but now the joinings of the first to the second don't look so good. I really, really don't have to start over again from scratch, but I may have to. :(

So far I've watched a movie, crocheted, and made a batch of blueberry waffles for Kim. Not a bad start to the day.

You have so much patience! I know you will work it out. :yes:crocheting Blueberry waffles - yum!

Hi Nicole!

DH came home this a.m. about 11 and had to be back at the airport by 4.:eek At least I got to see him for a few hours...of course, we played with Gracie most of the time. :lol I have block #5 joined and some of the squares made for the next block.

That is so great that you have Rosie next door :manyheart ...it always helps to have someone else's perspective. How is she doing?

Rosie is doing much better. She's using a walker with an arm rest on the right side and wheeling around in her wheelchair with ease. They still won't left her do full weight bearing on her left leg, but that may change after she has x-rays later this week. The movement in her hand is coming back, too. Of course, it's not as fast as she would like, but she's making steady progress. Another 3 months should see her well on the way to a full recovery.

I got the Bruges lace snaffoo figured out and only had to frog a tiny bit. I'll have to take a picture tomorrow of my progress. It's too late today as the sun is down too far for a good picture.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. :hug

Hi Linda ~ I'm so glad you didn't have to frog very much. Way to go on figuring out the stitches. :hook

Here is the baby double Irish chain so far...my plan for now is to make it 3 blocks by 3 blocks. :)

post-10699-135897434781_thumb.jpg

Gorgeous, Mary!! Seeing your pic makes me want to crochet one just like it.

Hi, Linda ~ so glad you were able to continue making progress without frogging the whole kit 'n' kaboodle.

Nicole ~ Busy weekend for you? How is the Angel 'Ghan coming for you? Are you sewing saltines together in rows as you go, or are you collecting baggies of them? Either way, I know your mom is going to love your work.

Just a quick note, here, as I am off to bed. I have still been feeling lousy, but tonight is 100% better than I have been, and I am hopeful that tomorrow I will be back to feeling normal.

G'night, All!

Linda - Glad you didn't have to frog too much.

Mary - The IC looks great :clap It must be rough with DH traveling so often :hug

Dusti - Hope you're all better soon :hug

Hi Linda ~ I'm so glad you didn't have to frog very much. Way to go on figuring out the stitches. :hook

Here is the baby double Irish chain so far...my plan for now is to make it 3 blocks by 3 blocks. :)

Mary, your baby double Irish chain is lovely! And what great colors. I made it to the end of the row, but the turn at the end of the row didn't work. I'm going to have to frog it and try to figure out what I did differently first time.

Just a quick note, here, as I am off to bed. I have still been feeling lousy, but tonight is 100% better than I have been, and I am hopeful that tomorrow I will be back to feeling normal.

G'night, All!

I do hope that you are feeling better today. This has hung on for far too long. When does school start for your girls? Our schools are starting this week. Yikes! When I was a kid we didn't start until after Labor Day. Of course, all the farm kids were out in the fields helping get crops in in August. Does make a difference.

John's gone again this week, so it's another girls week for Kim and I. And then on Saturday Kim and I are driving down to visit her family in Twin Lakes, Georgia. Her son and his family will be there for part of the time, too. Should be fun. John will join us the following weekend for Kim's birthday.

Thanks for the compliments, ladies. :manyheart I still love making Cara's patterns - even if my progress is very slow. :lol

Dusti ~ I hope you woke up this a.m. feeling good. :hug Are the girls still at Grandma's?

Linda ~ The upcoming trip sounds like a nice change! Good luck with your Bruges pattern. :yes

Hi Judy ~ Fox News just had a segment on the doggie IQ! No surprise about German Shepherds being near the top of the list...they are so smart!:yes Gee, I hope Gracie doesn't get an inferiority complex for not being on the list. :lol

Mary, if a doggie isn't at the top of the list to me it means they're more easily pleased and laid back (once puppyhood is over, that is:lol)

The problem with a smart dog is what I've heard trainers say: if you don't give them something to do...they will find something...and you won't be pleased.

Susie ate our carpets till she was almost 2 years old! She still has attitude.:D

And our late Spike - at 8 weeks - knew how to open the crate we put the older one in to giver HER a break from his attention!

Mary, if a doggie isn't at the top of the list to me it means they're more easily pleased and laid back (once puppyhood is over, that is:lol)

The problem with a smart dog is what I've heard trainers say: if you don't give them something to do...they will find something...and you won't be pleased.

Susie ate our carpets till she was almost 2 years old! She still has attitude.:D

And our late Spike - at 8 weeks - knew how to open the crate we put the older one in to giver HER a break from his attention!

That's priceless! :laughroll:haha:laughroll

We were shocked! We saw him nosing around the crate, then he put his mouth on the latch, slid it, and Tasha stepped out with one foot, stood still and looked over at us, as if to say "Who is this guy? and "Am I supposed to be out?" It was a priceless memory.

Both furbabies are at the Rainbow Bridge, waiting for us:(

We were shocked! We saw him nosing around the crate, then he put his mouth on the latch, slid it, and Tasha stepped out with one foot, stood still and looked over at us, as if to say "Who is this guy? and "Am I supposed to be out?" It was a priceless memory.

Both furbabies are at the Rainbow Bridge, waiting for us:(

Awwwww!

Kim and I are back from seeing my kidney doctor. He told me I could increase the amount of protein I was eating last time I saw him, so I expected the numbers to go up and me to get chewed out. Wonder of wonders, the numbers continued to improve and he reiterated that I could have the increased amount of protein, just not three large servings a day, which I don't do anyway. And we were in and out in record time, too.

We picked up a few groceries and came home. It is a scorcher out there today. We're both happy to be back in the air conditioning. It's already at least 90 today. Yuck! :hot

Archived