Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

I actually had some crochet time while Gracie was napping this afternoon. Of course, I should have been paying bills and cleaning. :lol

Here is Miss Gracie yesterday - the day after her spaying. The donut collar doesn't bother her a bit, but slows her down a little and keeps her (so far) from reaching her incision. She's such a sweetie. :manyheart

What a sweetie! She is so adorable.

I ended up working on my quilt today instead of crocheting. I have 64 - 4 1/2" squares cut out of a turquoise print material with flowers and butterflies on it. I also cut out 10 - 1 1/2" strips in four shades of purples. I have 3 composite strips sewn together with 1 strip of each. I get 4 & 1/2 - 4 1/2" squares out of each composite strip. It's going to take a ton of 4 1/2" squares to complete this thing, but it is about 108" x 112" when done, if I counted right. I never seem to do anything small when it comes to quilts and afghans do I? :blush Except for the preemie ones, of course. Kim was having great fun supervising all the cutting, which I did right by her chair.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awwww :manyheart But I must admit that collar looks like the result of a very bizarre accident :lol I'm sorry. I just have a slightly odd sense of humor :lol And no I didn't win but my sister did :D I came within one number on three different games though :yes

I agree ~ It's like a neck brace people wear after accidents. :lol It just makes me laugh, but I'm so relieved it works. Maggie chewed her stitches out twice, which meant two more trips to the Vet and more crate time. Of course, I was much younger then. :D I've never won anything in my life - that's great that your sister won!

What a sweetie! She is so adorable.

I ended up working on my quilt today instead of crocheting. I have 64 - 4 1/2" squares cut out of a turquoise print material with flowers and butterflies on it. I also cut out 10 - 1 1/2" strips in four shades of purples. I have 3 composite strips sewn together with 1 strip of each. I get 4 & 1/2 - 4 1/2" squares out of each composite strip. It's going to take a ton of 4 1/2" squares to complete this thing, but it is about 108" x 112" when done, if I counted right. I never seem to do anything small when it comes to quilts and afghans do I? :blush Except for the preemie ones, of course. Kim was having great fun supervising all the cutting, which I did right by her chair.

Oh, it sounds beautiful. Are you using a rotary cutter? My quilting days are probably in the past, but I remember loving the piecing and sewing and not the cutting.

Good night, Judy. :manyheart

Please ask her if her Gracie is calm and quiet and tell her I will trade for a day if she is. :D

Sorry! I wasn't specific....it was actually a wrong phone number. The Mary at work doesn't have any pets. That's why it caught me so off guard. :lol

I actually had some crochet time while Gracie was napping this afternoon. Of course, I should have been paying bills and cleaning. :lol

Here is Miss Gracie yesterday - the day after her spaying. The donut collar doesn't bother her a bit, but slows her down a little and keeps her (so far) from reaching her incision. She's such a sweetie. :manyheart

She really is a sweetie. Very, very cute and precious!

'nite Linda...and everyone!

Goodnight! :D

Chat with y'all tomorrow

She is so adorable!!

aaaawwwww, cute :manyheart

Oh, it sounds beautiful. Are you using a rotary cutter? My quilting days are probably in the past, but I remember loving the piecing and sewing and not the cutting.

Yes, I'm using a rotary cutter. It's not half bad doing it that way. My hand and wrist would kill me if I were doing it with scissors.

The Bruges Lace CAL caught my eye the other day. It looked so pretty I just had to try it. Like I need another WIP! The first attempt was frogged. It just would NOT cooperate. My second attempt is going better. I'd like to make a shawl out of it if I can. Anyway. . . .I thought I'd show you what it looks like so far. It at least has possibilities this time.

post-9295-135897434132_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897434135_thumb.jpg

Good morning ladies :flower

How's everyone this morning? :D

Linda - The lace looks good! Sounds like your quilt is really coming along well.

Gonna try to work on the LC today but I make no promises :lol Depends on if the old body cooperates :hook

Hi everyone. :)

Thank you all for the sweet comments about Gracie. :manyheart She has been very busy this morning. :lol

Linda, the Bruges Lace pattern is lovely! Thanks for sharing pictures. :hook What yarn are you using?

Cara ~ I hope you're able to get in some crochet time today. :hug

The bank statement is done and there is still lots of desk stuff to do...there always is! :yes

The Bruges Lace CAL caught my eye the other day. It looked so pretty I just had to try it. Like I need another WIP! The first attempt was frogged. It just would NOT cooperate. My second attempt is going better. I'd like to make a shawl out of it if I can. Anyway. . . .I thought I'd show you what it looks like so far. It at least has possibilities this time.

That is gorgeous, Linda! I saw the title of the CAL and thought, "I have never heard of that, I ought to peek in and see what they are discussing..." but that is the last thought I had about the topic -- never got back to it. I love the color you are using, and it would easily make a delicious shawl :yes I am in awe at all of the new projects you pick up. Your quilting sounds as though it is flowing so nicely, and I can hardly wait to see this one assembled.

Cara -- hope your back feels better today, and that you are able to be up and crocheting-the-day-away :hug

Mary -- Love the pics of Gracie. She is such a little minute and does not take up any space on your desk. Glad she's feeling perky and that the collar is working to keep her away from the incision while it heals.

I finished the 9-Patch and and quickly put together a toy and cap for the newborn. I sent the whole gift to the Post Office this morning, so it ought to reach the new mum before Baby is a week old. I really like the 9-Patch and the variegated yarn, so I will have to work with that, again :yes. Mary, please add 169 solids to my count. It's not much, but it did feel good to be making saltines, again. Here are a couple of pictures. Have a good one, All!

post-20536-135897434171_thumb.jpg

post-20536-135897434174_thumb.jpg

post-20536-135897434177_thumb.jpg

Hi Dusti! You have accomplished so much lately! The nine patch turned out so pretty and I really like the way you used the variegated. The bunny and the hat are adorable. :c9 169 solids are on the list. :hook

Linda, the Bruges Lace pattern is lovely! Thanks for sharing pictures. :hook What yarn are you using?

Thanks, Mary. I'm using RH Soft Yarn. The color is listed as Emebers. Took Kim to the doctor's office and out to eat this afternoon and the strip is now about twice as long as it was in the picture. :lol I put my waiting time to good use.

That is gorgeous, Linda! I saw the title of the CAL and thought, "I have never heard of that, I ought to peek in and see what they are discussing..." but that is the last thought I had about the topic -- never got back to it. I love the color you are using, and it would easily make a delicious shawl :yes I am in awe at all of the new projects you pick up. Your quilting sounds as though it is flowing so nicely, and I can hardly wait to see this one assembled.

I finished the 9-Patch and and quickly put together a toy and cap for the newborn. I sent the whole gift to the Post Office this morning, so it ought to reach the new mum before Baby is a week old. I really like the 9-Patch and the variegated yarn, so I will have to work with that, again :yes. Mary, please add 169 solids to my count. It's not much, but it did feel good to be making saltines, again. Here are a couple of pictures. Have a good one, All!

Thanks, Dusti. Your crocheted items are beautiful! What a nice welcoming gift for the new baby. :clap

Yes, I'm using a rotary cutter. It's not half bad doing it that way. My hand and wrist would kill me if I were doing it with scissors.

The colorway is pretty!!

Cara -- hope your back feels better today, and that you are able to be up and crocheting-the-day-away :hug

Mary -- Love the pics of Gracie. She is such a little minute and does not take up any space on your desk. Glad she's feeling perky and that the collar is working to keep her away from the incision while it heals.

I love it all! The 9 patch looks very good with the varigated.

:whewWhew, the child is in her crate for the night. :lol DH left yesterday and except for 5 hours Sunday, he'll be gone until next Friday...how dare he leave me for that long with a 5 month old. :lol

In the last few days, I've made a whopping 35 solid squares. I hope to have the 5th and 6th blocks joined in the next couple of days.

See you all tomorrow. :manyheart

:whewWhew, the child is in her crate for the night. :lol DH left yesterday and except for 5 hours Sunday, he'll be gone until next Friday...how dare he leave me for that long with a 5 month old. :lol

Especially one that's more like a toddler than an infant :lol

In the last few days, I've made a whopping 35 solid squares. I hope to have the 5th and 6th blocks joined in the next couple of days.

See you all tomorrow. :manyheart

:lol I feel the same way with Roberts cat, Cali. She is so very kitten like when he is gone. :lol

Howdy gals :hi

How's everyone today? My stupid back is still giving me fits :irk I'm gonna find me a comfy way to sit today if it kills me :lol

Bad thing is I have tons of energy today and won't be able to do much at all. Isn't that always the way? :lol

I might try to work on the LC just a few saltines at a time here and there. It's better than nothing, I say :yes

I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far :manyheart :2hug

Feel better soon, Cara!

I just wanted to stop by and show you a picture of my in process friendship ghan. Some of the squares are larger than 6" and 12", but I'm determined to make them work. I love the idea of having mixed matched squares. Talk with y'all soon.

post-28827-135897434309_thumb.jpg

Archived