Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

I just copied off the pattern for the Casablanca on happyyellowhouse.com., after looking at it for about 6 months. I really don't need another project, but-- It's BEAUTIFUL! I want to make it in different colors-maybe shades of red or purple. Any suggestions?

I haven't made one, but I'm sure others here will have ideas...

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cara, two questions.

I was on your site and only found the 12 scarves of 09 up to May's picture...where are the others??

AND: what are the rough dimensions of the color block scarf?? I like that look.

Cara, two questions.

I was on your site and only found the 12 scarves of 09 up to May's picture...where are the others??

AND: what are the rough dimensions of the color block scarf?? I like that look.

Oh geez! :oops I keep forgetting to add new patterns to the category pages :blush I'll go add them in just a minute. Sorry :P The color block was probably about 6" wide and 65" long :yes I already gave it away or I'd measure it :lol

Redsfan - Welcome to the group! I love the look of red and purple together. I think that's a great color combo.

Must be something wrong at my end, Cara....I clicked on your logo at the bottom of your siggy, went to accessories - and nothing past May scarves.:think

I agree with Cara ~ The gingham is a great pattern! And there are no bi-color squares that we know you're not too fond of. :wink:devil

Well, the cone came off immediately...she couldn't eat, drink or walk. :lol DH went to Petsmart and bought the perfect thing. It's a soft inflatable protective collar - looks like a big donut around her neck, and so far she hasn't even tried to reach her incision. Our vet uses glue for the external incision so she should have less iritation. Now if I can just keep her from chasing squirrels for a few days. :lol

:lol I came up with an idea that I should bug Cara to put the LC up on her site so I can do that. Or do the gingham. :think I hope Gracie heals up nicely. I do not think though it will stop her from chasing squirrels. :lol

Must be something wrong at my end, Cara....I clicked on your logo at the bottom of your siggy, went to accessories - and nothing past May scarves.:think
Press CTRL + F5 & it will do a hard refresh. That should work. If not you might need to close your browser.

Hi, All ~

Some "bug" has had me wiped out for the past three days, so I apologize for being MIA. I missed giving Mary support during Gracie's surgery (so glad to hear that she is home and doing well!), complimenting Nicole on her gorgeous sweater/shrug, and peeking in at Cara's LC and new scarf (everything looks lovely). This is the longest I have been out of bed since the beginning of the week, but I missed chatting with all of you so much< I figured I would try firing up the computer before DH came home and caught me playing :blush I DO think I am on the mend, which is a relief. Remember the 9-Patch, well, it was going to be a gift for one of my friends, who was expecting her first baby at the end of August. Surprise; Baby arrive on Aug. 1. Now, I have to scramble and finish connecting the vertical strips and put on the border. I promise a picture before I send it off :yes Since my head does not feel too badly, I think I am going to try to do a bit of :crocheting. Talk to you all, soon.

Well, the cone came off immediately...she couldn't eat, drink or walk. :lol DH went to Petsmart and bought the perfect thing. It's a soft inflatable protective collar - looks like a big donut around her neck, and so far she hasn't even tried to reach her incision. Our vet uses glue for the external incision so she should have less iritation. Now if I can just keep her from chasing squirrels for a few days. :lol

That soft collar sounds like a wonderful gizmo. Good luck on keeping her quiet.

I just copied off the pattern for the Casablanca on happyyellowhouse.com., after looking at it for about 6 months. I really don't need another project, but-- It's BEAUTIFUL! I want to make it in different colors-maybe shades of red or purple. Any suggestions?

The Casablanca seems to work well in almost any color combination. I love reds and purples together.

Hi, All ~

Some "bug" has had me wiped out for the past three days, so I apologize for being MIA. I missed giving Mary support during Gracie's surgery (so glad to hear that she is home and doing well!), complimenting Nicole on her gorgeous sweater/shrug, and peeking in at Cara's LC and new scarf (everything looks lovely). This is the longest I have been out of bed since the beginning of the week, but I missed chatting with all of you so much< I figured I would try firing up the computer before DH came home and caught me playing :blush I DO think I am on the mend, which is a relief. Remember the 9-Patch, well, it was going to be a gift for one of my friends, who was expecting her first baby at the end of August. Surprise; Baby arrive on Aug. 1. Now, I have to scramble and finish connecting the vertical strips and put on the border. I promise a picture before I send it off :yes Since my head does not feel too badly, I think I am going to try to do a bit of :crocheting. Talk to you all, soon.

I'm glad you're feeling better, Dusti. Hope you're all better very soon.

I can't believe how fast this year is going by. It's already August, which means that Christmas is less than 5 months away and the only things I've done so far are the Barbie outfits. :eek Oh, dear. I'm going to have to put on my thinking hat pretty soon and make some decisions. If anything is going to be crocheted or sewn, I'll have to get started soon or I'll be rushed out of my gourd. Dither, dither. :think What do I want to make vs. buy? :think

Good Morning! :)

It's another wonderful day! :D More LCing for me today. I got block #10 done and #11 2/3 done :dance I'm hoping I can start on the black sashing squares by Friday :hook

Have a great day everyone :manyheart

Way to go, Cara! :clap

Hi! Be sure and let us know what you decide. :) I think it would be gorgeous in shades of any color. :hook

:lol I came up with an idea that I should bug Cara to put the LC up on her site so I can do that. Or do the gingham. :think I hope Gracie heals up nicely. I do not think though it will stop her from chasing squirrels. :lol

Thank you, Jessie. :manyheart The LC would be a great one...and a fantastic way to use stash. :yes

Hi, All ~

Oh, Dusti! I hope you're much better today. :hug Can't wait to see pictures of your nine patch.

That soft collar sounds like a wonderful gizmo. Good luck on keeping her quiet.

The Casablanca seems to work well in almost any color combination. I love reds and purples together.

I'm glad you're feeling better, Dusti. Hope you're all better very soon.

I can't believe how fast this year is going by. It's already August, which means that Christmas is less than 5 months away and the only things I've done so far are the Barbie outfits. :eek Oh, dear. I'm going to have to put on my thinking hat pretty soon and make some decisions. If anything is going to be crocheted or sewn, I'll have to get started soon or I'll be rushed out of my gourd. Dither, dither. :think What do I want to make vs. buy? :think

Christmas!!! Oh dear, you're right...it will be here before we know it. Where's Wendy? She always gave us the countdown. :lol

Nope, there is no such thing as keeping Gracie quiet. :eek I'm trying so hard, but even when on her leash she is a little wild child today. :lol We'll just keep our fingers crossed that she doesn't hurt any stitches/glue.

I have four of nine blocks joined on my baby IC. Before long, I have to decide if I want 5 color blocks and 4 soft white - or the other way around. :think

Mary - I had to come by really quick to tell you about a funny coincidence that happened a few minutes ago.

A co-worker in my office received a call on her cell phone. It was a vet letting her know that her dog, Gracie, was ready to be picked up. I thought it was funny since Gracie was just at the vet. Then I realized that the coincidence went further....my co-worker's name is Mary! Isn't that strange?!?!

Good morning ladies :flower

Well, didn't get much done on my LC yesterday. My stupid back started really bothering me again :( It feels better this morning though. Gonna go play bingo first today then hopefully I can get the last 2/3s of the last block done :hook

Hi ladies! I went yarn shopping today with the dear husband. I want to make the Casablanca quilt on happyyellowhouse.com--you all know the one. Well, I made the mistake of allowing my husband to choose the colors."I want you to be part of it" I said. So now I have Grape, Periwinkle and Grey! I Love this yarn is the brand. I don't think I can do it--how could he think these colors go together?

The original pattern calls for black and shades of brown. I don't crochet in black much because it's so hard to see. Any suggestions? I know he won't be mad if I change the color scheme.

Hi ladies! I went yarn shopping today with the dear husband. I want to make the Casablanca quilt on happyyellowhouse.com--you all know the one. Well, I made the mistake of allowing my husband to choose the colors."I want you to be part of it" I said. So now I have Grape, Periwinkle and Grey! I Love this yarn is the brand. I don't think I can do it--how could he think these colors go together?

The original pattern calls for black and shades of brown. I don't crochet in black much because it's so hard to see. Any suggestions? I know he won't be mad if I change the color scheme.

The pattern colors are only suggestions...I happen to like the colors your DH picked out, BTW:hook Do a small section using all three colors and see how it looks and show your hubby....one of you may change your mind:yes

Good idea-thanks. Maybe I'll like this combo yet.

You might - It's often hard to visualize till you make a bit of a pattern...then it all seems to fit together. We want pics!:cheer

Mary - I had to come by really quick to tell you about a funny coincidence that happened a few minutes ago.

A co-worker in my office received a call on her cell phone. It was a vet letting her know that her dog, Gracie, was ready to be picked up. I thought it was funny since Gracie was just at the vet. Then I realized that the coincidence went further....my co-worker's name is Mary! Isn't that strange?!?!

Please ask her if her Gracie is calm and quiet and tell her I will trade for a day if she is. :D

Good morning ladies :flower

Well, didn't get much done on my LC yesterday. My stupid back started really bothering me again :( It feels better this morning though. Gonna go play bingo first today then hopefully I can get the last 2/3s of the last block done :hook

So sorry about your back. :hug I hope you won today!

She is over in the sky thread doing some hardcore enabling again. :rofl

Tell her to come enable here, too. ;) (And start the Christmas countdown. :devil)

Judy has a great idea. :yes I love purples and greys together!

I actually had some crochet time while Gracie was napping this afternoon. Of course, I should have been paying bills and cleaning. :lol

Here is Miss Gracie yesterday - the day after her spaying. The donut collar doesn't bother her a bit, but slows her down a little and keeps her (so far) from reaching her incision. She's such a sweetie. :manyheart

post-10699-135897434096_thumb.jpg

post-10699-135897434101_thumb.jpg

I actually had some crochet time while Gracie was napping this afternoon. Of course, I should have been paying bills and cleaning. :lol

Here is Miss Gracie yesterday - the day after her spaying. The donut collar doesn't bother her a bit, but slows her down a little and keeps her (so far) from reaching her incision. She's such a sweetie. :manyheart

Awwww :manyheart But I must admit that collar looks like the result of a very bizarre accident :lol I'm sorry. I just have a slightly odd sense of humor :lol And no I didn't win but my sister did :D I came within one number on three different games though :yes

Archived