Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Linda - I hope they can clear up the title issue on Joy's house :yes

Howdy Mary and Nicole!! :hi

Well, my getting up early got canceled out because I fell asleep for over an hour :lol I *knew* my body wasn't meant to wake up that early :lol

Back to the LC now :hook

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, my getting up early got canceled out because I fell asleep for over an hour :lol I *knew* my body wasn't meant to wake up that early :lol

Back to the LC now :hook

:lol :lol :lol

When I talked to Joy on Thursday, it sounded like they had just about resolved the lien problem and would be able to close today or next week.

We're back from running errands and having lunch. We went to Lee's Golden Buddha restaurant for lunch. I had jumbo shrimp with vegetables and Kim had lemon chicken. Both came with soup, an egg roll, and fried rice. We both demolished our food. :lol :lol

I had Chinese food two days in a row this week (Wednesday and Thursday). I get it from the Asian Bar at Marsh. Good stuff! I actually spread my wings today and got Penn Station. I :manyheart Chinese food...think I'm having that for dinner tonight. :D

:lol :lol :lol

When I talked to Joy on Thursday, it sounded like they had just about resolved the lien problem and would be able to close today or next week.

We're back from running errands and having lunch. We went to Lee's Golden Buddha restaurant for lunch. I had jumbo shrimp with vegetables and Kim had lemon chicken. Both came with soup, an egg roll, and fried rice. We both demolished our food. :lol :lol

Mmmmm, I lurve Chinese food :drool I had lemon chicken just last week. One of my favorites. Hmmm, we were gonna have pork chops for supper but it would be about as easy to make them into sweet and sour pork :scrachin Depends on how ambitious I feel in a bit :lol

Okay, guess my appetite is bigger than my laziness (no surprise there :lol) so rice is chilling and pork is marinating. Hope this recipe works out. Haven't used it before but the sauce is good so here's hoping :xfin There's another package of hot dogs in the fridge just in case :rofl

Good morning ladies :flower

Well, first of all my sweet and sour pork with the new recipe came out great! :drool I was quite impressed :lol

Also, I finished up two blocks of the LC yesterday :dance I'm starting to get really excited about this ghan. It's nice to be able to crochet a bit longer the last couple of days since my shot kicked in :hook

So, what's everyone else up to today? :D

Cara, was that a crock pot recipe? Sounds yummy!

I'm going to be working on a birthday pressie or try and finish the RR here...

Happy Saturday, everyone. :)

I'm doing well. Thanks for asking! :hug I am making a cluster tote for a cousin and some Tunisian dishcloths for my mom right now. Those should be done soon. Then, I'll have my kit swap in the next couple of days. Once that arrives, I'll actually make something for myself! :cheer

Sleeping in is my plan for the weekend, too!! I hope it works out for you. When I plan to sleep in, it never seems to work. I've already jinxed myself. Darn! :lol I don't understand how quilting works, but it sure looks like a lot of work!

:hi everyone!

I haven't had much going on lately. Seem to be :crocheting non-stop, which is okay in my opinion. :hook

I think non-stop crochet is wonderful! Your projects sound great and we like pictures of everything. :D

Good morning ladies :flower

Well, first of all my sweet and sour pork with the new recipe came out great! :drool I was quite impressed :lol

Also, I finished up two blocks of the LC yesterday :dance I'm starting to get really excited about this ghan. It's nice to be able to crochet a bit longer the last couple of days since my shot kicked in :hook

So, what's everyone else up to today? :D

Your supper sounds like it was delicious. Yum! Congratulations on getting so much done on your LC. :clap

July ended with a bang - literally. :lol We had major storms again last night and lost power just as dinner was almost ready. Between Thursday a.m. and last night, we've had almost 4 inches of rain. That is unheard of for us this time of year. :yes

Hi Judy!

Cara, was that a crock pot recipe? Sounds yummy!

Nope regular stove top type. It was very good. Here's the recipe if anyone wants.

July ended with a bang - literally. :lol We had major storms again last night and lost power just as dinner was almost ready. Between Thursday a.m. and last night, we've had almost 4 inches of rain. That is unheard of for us this time of year. :yes

Okay now y'all have hogged that rain up there long enough. Send some of that down to our end of the interstate :lol

Finished another block for the LC! Only 4 more to go then a bazillion black saltines for the sashing :hook

I find lots of new goodies over there :yes I get bored with the same old thing all the time :P

We get bored, too...I signed up for the crock pot recipes, too.

Linda....I adore Chinese food - sounds yummy.

HAve you both gone into a food coma yet?:lol

Nope. Not yet.

Okay, guess my appetite is bigger than my laziness (no surprise there :lol) so rice is chilling and pork is marinating. Hope this recipe works out. Haven't used it before but the sauce is good so here's hoping :xfin There's another package of hot dogs in the fridge just in case :rofl

Hot dogs sounds like a very poor second choice. Glad it turned out so well. I saved the recipe for our use, too. Thanks for sharing it.

That's a lot of rain in a big hurry. :eek Wow!

I'm gloating. :D I decided to see what Green Tree and Big Lots had in their yarn sections today. I got 6 skeins of RH Baby Clouds in serene green at $1/skein for preemie afghans, 8 skeins of Lion Suede in fuchsia at $1.50/skein for a shawl, and 13 skeins of La Mer in a black/light gray/sparkle mix at $1/skein which should be enough for another shawl I think. The label just says it's 50 gr. without any data on yardage. It's pretty, so I'm hoping it's enough for what I have in mind.

Way to go Linda!

You guys ever have a pattern that you just can't figure out how to start? I purchased a name filet pattern and I have that problem. The diagram shows to start working on the edge, the left hand side as if the pattern was turned on it's side. Ok, I understand that. I don't understand the starting instructions. It says to ch 111, but the pattern doesn't have a width of 111 at the beginning from the left side, it does from the bottom, well almost. And it says it's 160 rows, but the name itself would equal to 170. Anyone have any light they can shed for me? Please?! This is to be a christmas gift. Maybe at this point.

I've made filets...but I just can't wrap my brain around that at the moment...maybe in the morning. Sometimes if you sleep on something the anwer hits you, too,

Way to go Linda!

You guys ever have a pattern that you just can't figure out how to start? I purchased a name filet pattern and I have that problem. The diagram shows to start working on the edge, the left hand side as if the pattern was turned on it's side. Ok, I understand that. I don't understand the starting instructions. It says to ch 111, but the pattern doesn't have a width of 111 at the beginning from the left side, it does from the bottom, well almost. And it says it's 160 rows, but the name itself would equal to 170. Anyone have any light they can shed for me? Please?! This is to be a christmas gift. Maybe at this point.

:blink No I think I'd have to see the pattern. It's been a long time since I did a complicated filet.

I've made filets...but I just can't wrap my brain around that at the moment...maybe in the morning. Sometimes if you sleep on something the anwer hits you, too,

Or it happens JUST before you fall asleep then you sit bolt upright and then can't get back to sleep until you test it :lol

Hi everyone!

Linda - :woo about the yarn

I'm working on my Lacy Cardigan I got from the kit swap. It's working up really quickly. I'll post pictures of stuff when it's done. I'm having ADD right now. I can't seem to finish anything without wanting to start something else.

Way to go Linda!

:scrachin I think I know the answer. :idea I think that you will be working the pattern not from the bottom to the top of the name, but turning the pattern so that one of the original sides is the new bottom and the other original side is the new top. That is the way I worked all of the filet crochet pieces that I did for Christmas last year. It gives the lettering a better blocking effect when done that way. I'm guessing that the width is probably 3 chains less than the starting chain. That's because you'll be doing your first double crochet in the 4th chain from the end and those 3 chains become the first double crochet of the new row. See if that works/makes sense. Most pf the filet instructions I've seen are worked in double crochet, so that's what I'm basing the numbers on.

Well, I definitely jinxed myself about sleeping in late. I was wide awake at 4:15. I'm sure I'll go back to sleep later. For now, I'm up and crocheting. You know, there's nothing put info-mmercials on at this time in the morning. I can't even go to church for another four hours! :lol

Archived