Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Nicole, making the quilt ghans just takes getting used to. You might think about starting with the baby gingham since it's a simple repetitive design.

Dont give up:hug

Thanks for the tip...I'm going to try that to send off to the hospital for X's birthday.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your RR are very pretty (loved looking at the blue, red and white one you showed earlier) and I think I should make one again soon. Are you using the same pattern you usually use?

I am working on a :knit baby afghan from the book you sent me. :D

Instead of the 12 point I'm using a 6 point (from the 6>12>24 RR CAL here). Ann is using it and mentioned it ruffles on her - so I changed one of the stitch counts on every third row so it wouldn't do that. It's BRIGHT:lol

I may go back to the 12 point one next time.

I'm looking forward to seeing your baby blanket!

Good Morning, all. More thunderstorms this a.m. but they're gone now and the sun is coming out. Miss Gracie likes rain...she likes everything. :lol I had a hard time getting her to come in...she wanted to play in the rain and was trying to catch it with her mouth open. :lol

:rofl :rofl Wish I could've seen that! :manyheart

That little Gracie! :dog She's so darn cute. I want to play with her in person so badly that it's killing me!!

I'm holding a grudge against the angel ghan. I made a mistake and by the time I fixed it, I had to take out a row and a half. I haven't been able to work on it since....I'm so mad at the thing! :lol I just don't know if I have it in me to make these quiltghans...I'm not very good at it that's for sure.

:hug Just set it aside and come back to it later :yes And I agree with Judy. It might be best to practice with the baby gingham. That's were I always tell people to start :yes

Oh dear! I'm up SO very late today :( I forgot to set my alarm and I stayed up til almost 6 again. I have GOT to get myself straight. But I did finish block #3 of the LC and have the majority of #4 finished as well :hook

I'm not doing anything but my regular daily chores today which should take no time at all. The rest of the day will be devoted to the LC :hook

Here is the last picture I had of the PTC. I haven't added anything to it. I need to sew some more squares together. I think I have enough made for another block or two.

Wow...love the bright colors.

Mary...Please add another 36 solids for me.

Hope everyone is doing ok....i have to run get dinner started....woke up way late :P

That little Gracie! :dog She's so darn cute. I want to play with her in person so badly that it's killing me!!

I'm holding a grudge against the angel ghan. I made a mistake and by the time I fixed it, I had to take out a row and a half. I haven't been able to work on it since....I'm so mad at the thing! :lol I just don't know if I have it in me to make these quiltghans...I'm not very good at it that's for sure.

It's okay, Nicole. :hug Sometimes you just have to put things away for a while and come back to them when you're in a better frame of mind. I got badly burned out on my Painted Desert and am just now getting back to it. They are work the effort.

I can just picture Gracie trying to catch raindrops. Delightful.

We went out to lunch and then got Kim's hair cut. I really need a camera battery and ink cartridge, but don't know if I've got the ambition to go back out again. We'll see.

Good Morning, all. More thunderstorms this a.m. but they're gone now and the sun is coming out. Miss Gracie likes rain...she likes everything. :lol I had a hard time getting her to come in...she wanted to play in the rain and was trying to catch it with her mouth open. :lol

My lack of crochet progress is getting worse instead of better. :blush I've only joined one block of the baby Irish Chain, with lots of squares ready to be joined. Maybe today. :think

Ohhh, she sounds just like a little kid -- love the visual of that scene. Do not get discouraged about not crocheting. Your days will eventually slow down, and you will find time to pick up your hook again :yes. So that you feel as though you are making progress, I hope you do get a chance to join some of your saltines, today, but, you can always plan to do them tomorrow, too. I look forward to seeing your latest Irish Chain, because the pattern, despite my earlier grumbling, still appeals to me. Did I ever tell you how happy I am that you convinced me to make one last fall? Well, it turned into quite the giant undertaking, but I would make one that is only queen-sized, when I do my next one. DH requested one for his folks...we'll see ;)

Oh no, Nicole, do not give up. :cheer:cheerYou can do these quilt-ghans :cheer:cheer I did not even know that I was doing the right thing, but I actually did start with the baby gingham last summer, how funny is that?!? Then I did Just Ducky, a Double Irish Chain, Bus & Big Rig Cuddle, and now I am on the 9-Patch :hook These patterns are just so addictive! Once you have one completed, you will not even have to think about your joining issues again, as the process becomes second nature. Keep trying :hug

Yes, the sunshine is out, but the wind is whipping around so strongly, that my ball of thread was blown off the deck :eek It was time for a :cchip and :mug break, anyway :D

I did end up going back out and now my camera is back in working order! Whee! This is a picture of the center of my oriental quilt. Only two of the butterflies are stitched on at this point and the center trio of flowers are just pinned on, too. But it gives you some idea of where this is going. There will be blocks around the center in turquoises, lavenders, etc. It's definitely a work in progress.

post-9295-135897427833_thumb.jpg

She just sounds so adorable!

I did end up going back out and now my camera is back in working order! Whee! This is a picture of the center of my oriental quilt. Only two of the butterflies are stitched on at this point and the center trio of flowers are just pinned on, too. But it gives you some idea of where this is going. There will be blocks around the center in turquoises, lavenders, etc. It's definitely a work in progress.

I love it!

How beautiful!! I love the colors you're using for it:c9

That piece is beautiful and the whole thing will be stunning!

Hi everyone. :manyheart

Thank you, Nicole. Yep, Gracie is a joy...most of the time. ;) Don't give up yet! Of course, Cara's patterns are my favorites and I love making and joining little squares. :hook

Wow...love the bright colors.

Mary...Please add another 36 solids for me.

Hope everyone is doing ok....i have to run get dinner started....woke up way late :P

36 more added, Shay. You'll be in first place soon! :cheer

Ohhh, she sounds just like a little kid -- love the visual of that scene. Do not get discouraged about not crocheting. Your days will eventually slow down, and you will find time to pick up your hook again :yes. So that you feel as though you are making progress, I hope you do get a chance to join some of your saltines, today, but, you can always plan to do them tomorrow, too. I look forward to seeing your latest Irish Chain, because the pattern, despite my earlier grumbling, still appeals to me. Did I ever tell you how happy I am that you convinced me to make one last fall? Well, it turned into quite the giant undertaking, but I would make one that is only queen-sized, when I do my next one. DH requested one for his folks...we'll see ;)

Oh no, Nicole, do not give up. :cheer:cheerYou can do these quilt-ghans :cheer:cheer I did not even know that I was doing the right thing, but I actually did start with the baby gingham last summer, how funny is that?!? Then I did Just Ducky, a Double Irish Chain, Bus & Big Rig Cuddle, and now I am on the 9-Patch :hook These patterns are just so addictive! Once you have one completed, you will not even have to think about your joining issues again, as the process becomes second nature. Keep trying :hug

Yes, the sunshine is out, but the wind is whipping around so strongly, that my ball of thread was blown off the deck :eek It was time for a :cchip and :mug break, anyway :D

Hi Dusti! Your Irish Chain was beautiful...what a major project! I've sort of gotten over my crochet withdrawal. :lol I've always been a mama bear and Gracie is my latest project. :)

It's beautiful, Linda. :clap I know I've said this before, but your creativity is amazing. Keep the pictures coming. :)

I am reporting 24 solids for now. I made some of these tonight and the rest were on my sticky note to report. :hook Two and 1/2 blocks (5x5 squares) are joined.

Hi to anyone I've missed...I read each and every post and sometimes miss replying. See you all tomorrow. :manyheart

:droolOh, Linda ~ That block is gorgeous!! Do, please, continue showing us pictures whenever your little heart desires; I can never get enough :yes

Oh wow! Are you appliqueing the flowers and butterflies?!? :eek Color me super impressed :nworthy

I am reporting 24 solids for now. I made some of these tonight and the rest were on my sticky note to report. :hook Two and 1/2 blocks (5x5 squares) are joined.

:cheer:yay

Linda it's gorgeous.

Mary, I have 12 more solids to report.

I finished off a PTC block last night.

WTG Donna! :clap:cheer

Good morning ladies :flower

How is everyone this fine morning? :D I forced myself to go lie down last night just before 1. Took me a while to get to sleep but I listened to some of my book.

I've have to be narrated to sleep these days. I've even gotten BD to where that's how he falls asleep. Thank goodness for the iPod function on my iPhone because he made off with the regular iPod :rofl Oh and I set my alarm for 9 this morning and got up :tup

I got the fourth LC block done yesterday and half of #5 :dance Today I hope to get #5 done and at least half of #6 down as well :hook

Have a very happy day, my friends :2hug

Good morning everyone. John gets home this afternoon. I'm taking pictures of all the things I did when my camera was dead and catching up on housework today. I got three preemie afghans done for the charity weekend just ended. I'm including pics of the three outfits for Rosie's granddaughters for Christmas.

post-9295-135897428219_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897428222_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897428227_thumb.jpg

post-9295-13589742823_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897428233_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897428236_thumb.jpg

Oh wow! Are you appliqueing the flowers and butterflies?!? :eek Color me super impressed :nworthy

I got the fourth LC block done yesterday and half of #5 :dance Today I hope to get #5 done and at least half of #6 down as well :hook

Yup! I'm appliqueing them. It's slow going, but I like the results.

You are making great strides on the LC.

Good morning everyone. John gets home this afternoon. I'm taking pictures of all the things I did when my camera was dead and catching up on housework today. I got three preemie afghans done for the charity weekend just ended. I'm including pics of the three outfits for Rosie's granddaughters for Christmas.

Fabulous job! I lurve the Barbie clothes! :drool Is that your pattern or did you use one? I just got gifted two new Barbie crochet books one of which is the huge Crochet for Barbie! :dance I'm just so excited about that book I cannot begin to tell you :lol:hook

Archived