Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

The weekend in the mountains was very nice. It was peaceful and quiet at the cabin and we got together with lots of John's family on Sunday for brunch and again today for a train ride to McCay'sville on the Tennessee border. We had just two hours to explore, shop, and eat while there. I spent my time shopping. I found a quilt shop and an antique mall with one vender that had just quilting material and books. I got three books, 3 yards of material, and a bag of mixed material pieces. And made it back to the train on time. I wasn't about to spent time sitting in a restaurant when I could be exploring a mountain village. I started and finished a Celtic Knot shawl while we were there, started another preemie afghan, finished one book and read another one, too. A very productive and restful long weekend. Pictures of the mountains tomorrow.

Sounds like it was a fabulous weekend :c9 And yeah definitely I would shop during that short time. There's always doritos and donuts to eat in the car :rofl

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The weekend in the mountains was very nice. It was peaceful and quiet at the cabin and we got together with lots of John's family on Sunday for brunch and again today for a train ride to McCay'sville on the Tennessee border. We had just two hours to explore, shop, and eat while there. I spent my time shopping. I found a quilt shop and an antique mall with one vender that had just quilting material and books. I got three books, 3 yards of material, and a bag of mixed material pieces. And made it back to the train on time. I wasn't about to spent time sitting in a restaurant when I could be exploring a mountain village. I started and finished a Celtic Knot shawl while we were there, started another preemie afghan, finished one book and read another one, too. A very productive and restful long weekend. Pictures of the mountains tomorrow.

Oh...That sounds heavenly to me....I use to love explore little towns and villages...never know what you might find.

Sounds like a fabulous weekend!

I changed my mind on the spiral ghan. Using a K hook 14 motifs (which is what they say each strip should be) isn't long enough for a queen size bed. I'd probably need to at least double those. And I have no idea how many strips I'd need for the width. So I think I'll go back to the Prairie Star. Plus, I don't have the patience to sew together that many spirals :lol The PS is join as you go, so I think that'll be better for me to do. Hmm guess that means a trip to the store is needed.

Are you going to go by the graphs you made up...they were pretty??

Evening Cara!!!

Are you going to go by the graphs you made up...they were pretty??

Evening Cara!!!

Yep, I'm going to use one of the graphs. Dad liked the second picture on my blog, so it'll probably be that one.

John's off to Minnesota this morning, so it's back to another girls' week of mischief. Kim's got a doctor's appointment this morning and then we'll do lunch somewhere.

Here's a shot of the mountains.

post-9295-135897429697_thumb.jpg

Very pretty picture, Linda

I'm home sick today. I have had a headache for over a week. I went to the doc this morning. She said that I have a lot of fluid backed up in my head, but it's not infected yet, thankfully. So, I'm on some prescription strength Mucinex stuff and nasal spray. I would feel fine if it weren't for this headache. It has been manageable until this morning. It's feeling a little bit better already though.

I hope you all are doing well!

Linda, that is beautiful scenery!:yes

Nicole....good thing you didn;t wait longer to see the doctor. I;m sure you'll feel better fast, now:hug

Linda - Beautiful photo!

Nicole - Sorry you're feeling punk :hug I think it's going around. :sick

How's everyone this morning? :D I'm back to feeling a mite punk myself. Yesterday was so nice :lol I've put off starting meds because I just don't want to take anything else. But it's time for drastic measures. :yes If this isn't gone by Thursday I'll be heading in to the doctor myself.

Today I finally get to have the injection in the muscle in my back! :yay Yes. I am excited about it :lol He swears this will take away most if not all of the pain. Thank goodness because it's interfering with my crochet :hook

But that's not til late this afternoon. So gotta do my chores and then I can crochet a bit :hook

I'm with you and Linda, Cara. Not feeling well today. I had a migraine trigger this morning and I'm still feeling a bit off. It's making it difficult to work since I have no concentration now.

Hope you get to feeling better soon, Nicole & Cara. We are back from the doctor's. She said Kim's chest sounds clear, which is a great improvement. She still want her to see a pulmonologist, though. John hasn't gotten around to setting it up, so I guess I'll have to add that to my list of things to do. Some things he's really good about and others he just drags his heels on terribly. I'm not sure why. Maybe because it might mean she's more fragile than he wants to admit. I don't know. Anyway, I'll see what I can do about getting her seen.

We had lunch at IHOP and it was great. Now we can settle in and relax.

Hi everyone. :)

Evening Ladies!!

Been super lazy the last few days and didn't do anything,that and its been realy hot here...then spent yesterday cleaning,then made Taco Soup for dinner,it was good...never had it before....Went to take a photo of my Amish Double Irish Chain now that i have the bottom squares done and found that my DS had used all the batteries in the camra :thair Ohhhh...I was so mad.So now i have to wait till i get batteries.So tonight i will crochet the border saltines for those squares and pout.

Mary...Could you please add 42 solids please.

They're on the list. :hook

John's off to Minnesota this morning, so it's back to another girls' week of mischief. Kim's got a doctor's appointment this morning and then we'll do lunch somewhere.

Here's a shot of the mountains.

Beautiful, Linda! Your trip sounds really nice. :yes

Very pretty picture, Linda

I'm home sick today. I have had a headache for over a week. I went to the doc this morning. She said that I have a lot of fluid backed up in my head, but it's not infected yet, thankfully. So, I'm on some prescription strength Mucinex stuff and nasal spray. I would feel fine if it weren't for this headache. It has been manageable until this morning. It's feeling a little bit better already though.

I hope you all are doing well!

Hi Nicole. Feel better soon! :hug

I am so far behind...here at the 'Ville, and at home, too. There's been lots going on with family and of course, lots of time with Gracie - at least I've kept up with paying the bills. :lol

I changed my mind on the spiral ghan. Using a K hook 14 motifs (which is what they say each strip should be) isn't long enough for a queen size bed. I'd probably need to at least double those. And I have no idea how many strips I'd need for the width. So I think I'll go back to the Prairie Star. Plus, I don't have the patience to sew together that many spirals :lol The PS is join as you go, so I think that'll be better for me to do. Hmm guess that means a trip to the store is needed.

I love the Prairie Star pattern! Can't wait for pictures. :)

How's everyone this morning? :D I'm back to feeling a mite punk myself. Yesterday was so nice :lol I've put off starting meds because I just don't want to take anything else. But it's time for drastic measures. :yes If this isn't gone by Thursday I'll be heading in to the doctor myself.

Today I finally get to have the injection in the muscle in my back! :yay Yes. I am excited about it :lol He swears this will take away most if not all of the pain. Thank goodness because it's interfering with my crochet :hook

But that's not til late this afternoon. So gotta do my chores and then I can crochet a bit :hook

Oh, Cara.:( I'm so sorry about the sinus infection. :hug I hope the injection helps the back pain...keeping our fingers crossed.

Hi to those I've missed. :manyheart Gracie is taking a nap - I'm not answering the phone - and it's time for me to crochet for a while. :hook

Mary - I have those I refuse to answer the phone days too :lol Enjoy your quiet time :hug

That's why they invented answering machines:yes

That's why they invented answering machines:yes

Unless it's my mother calling. She'll then try my work number, and if I don't answer there, then she'll call my cell back and leave a message. And the message usually goes something along the lines of "Ok, I get the hint." or "Are you mad at me too?" 'Cause apparently I'm not allowed to not want to sit and listen to her talk about things I really couldn't care less about, like her co-workers and their problems :lol I really do love my Mom, so most of my conversations with her consist of the phone version of smile and nod.

I really do love my Mom, so most of my conversations with her consist of the phone version of smile and nod.

My conversations with my older sisiter are along those lines, too. I soooo understand that.

Unless it's my mother calling. She'll then try my work number, and if I don't answer there, then she'll call my cell back and leave a message. And the message usually goes something along the lines of "Ok, I get the hint." or "Are you mad at me too?" 'Cause apparently I'm not allowed to not want to sit and listen to her talk about things I really couldn't care less about, like her co-workers and their problems :lol I really do love my Mom, so most of my conversations with her consist of the phone version of smile and nod.

Oh the ones that your end of the conversation sounds like "Uh uh" "Really?" "Sad" "Yes" "No" :rofl

Back from getting a shot in my back. Two shots actually and MAN did they smart :eek Hopefully this'll work this time. :yes

Oh the ones that your end of the conversation sounds like "Uh uh" "Really?" "Sad" "Yes" "No" :rofl

Back from getting a shot in my back. Two shots actually and MAN did they smart :eek Hopefully this'll work this time. :yes

Yes! I spend lots of time listening to my sisters/parents/sister-in-law...meanwhile I empty the dishwasher, do laundry, water plants...I can't ever get a word in, so I don't even try. ;)

Cara ~ I hope the shots will help. :hug I know they can take a day or two to "kick in."

I actually made a few squares this afternoon. :cheer Then reality set in and I did more laundry and cleaned out the fridge. :lol

Miss Gracie goes in tomorrow for pre-op blood work in the a.m. I can't believe my baby is going to be spayed already. :( They'll schedule the surgery after the labs are back-maybe as early as Friday.

Have a good evening everyone. :manyheart

Good morning ladies :flower

Mary - Awww Gracie's getting to be a big girl :manyheart Spaying is good for her :yes

How's everyone this fine morning? :D I think after laying down for about 12 hours my back's finally improved some :lol That injection was rough. Still gonna take it easy today. I need to work on my August scarf. Nothing like putting it off eh? :blush But I think I know what I want to do with it. Just a matter of getting it done.

Hi, everyone. We started the day off with a gentle soaking rain. Now it's partly cloudy with a light breeze. I have just one more butterfly to go and I'll have all the butterflies appliqed on the center of the quilt. Had to get a new iron as the old one broke. I just finished reading the directions and will be ironing the center before appliqueing the center flowers.

I watched "Madea Goes to Jail" last night. It's very good. It's definitely a comedy, but there's a lot of deep issues addressed, too. Guest appearances by Judge Mabeline, Judge Joe Brown, and Dr. Phil add some nice spice to it too.

Good luck to Gracie. She's getting to be a big girl. And such a cutie.

I'm doing good today. Got my crown seated so now I have to get used to having that in my mouth. I worked on a couple of 6" squares last night while working. I decided until I go shopping this weekend for the PS yarn I'll work on getting rid of some scraps. I'm having trouble finding a 6" pattern that's quick and that I like. Preferably with only 1 or 2 colors so it's easier to send for charity requests.

Archived