Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Everyone's work is gorgeous!

I've been doing well...just wrapped up in some other things right now. I've missed chatting with you all.

I have to go to the license branch tomorrow to get the plates transfered on my new car. :yuck We pay on a sliding scale here. The newer the car is the higher the fees are....I was enjoying the lower plate fees on the other car that was four years old. Once the car is five years old, it goes to the lowest fee. Ah well...that's what I get for buying a new car.

Oh, Larry King Live is coming on already....talk with y'all later! :yes

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey! I don't know if anyone remembers me; I posted for a while last summer but kind of stopped when a few things went topsy-turvey in my life. I just finished my freshman year of college, and hopefully I'll be better prepared this year and able to keep crocheting through the school year this time!

Hi Stephanie!

Hi everyone! I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I hope to catch up soon. I thinking of you all. :hug

Hi Nicole...hope you are well :hug

John left for Texas this morning for Houston and later Austin. Won't be back until next week. Soooo....Kim and I will see what mischief we can get into in the meantime. :devil

A whole week alone :party I loved it when my DH went to WV for a few days and it was just me and my yarn.

I have pics :jumpyay

Grecian Tiles table runner -- 77" x 17" in RHSS Spa Blue

This last picture is not made out of squares, but you can peek at my little ruffled jacket that I am so proud of. It fits :lol I made mine out of Lion Suede, but I made one for my mum out of LionBrand Recycled Cotton. Did that one ever turn out nice for a light-weight jacket to shrug into on these cool evenings?!?

Those are very pretty and i love the jacket.

Oops, I hit submit too soon. :blush It's so much fun to see pictures this morning. :yes

I have a ziploc full of squares and think I'll do something besides the baby nine patch...just can't decide what that will be. :lol Didn't Tracy and/or Wendy do a child-size Irish Chain? Decision time again.

Have a great morning, everyone. :manyheart

Now you have me looking at the Irish Chain :blush Im going to have to just throw them all in a hat and pick one out :lol

I made one, here it is. :hook

[ATTACH]4939[/ATTACH]

Can't wait to see what you make next. :D

Love it Tracy....how big did it turn out??

Sorry if i missed anyone....i got behind again :blush

It's been nasty hot here too. And the rain, can't forget this is our rainy season. Ugh. I keep forgetting why I wanted to move to FL anyway, and then I remember. This heat is much better than the nasty subzero temps of a MN winter :lol

Has anyone here taken the GRE?

Beautiful work Dusti!! :clap It is probably ruffling because of the yarn. I suggest pinning it to the bed since it's so long. Block it with rust proof pins. Then spritz it with water and let it dry. :yes

That was what I planned to do in my mind, but I really did not know if that would work. Now that I have your expertise weighed in :nworthy, I am going to give it a "go," today. Thank you :hug

I made one, here it is. :hook

[ATTACH]4939[/ATTACH]

Still think that is lovely!

That's what I've decided to do with the Country Rose, Rose Pink and Soft White squares I've been making.

I am so tired of being housebound...it's 105 (yesterday reached 108) and it's way too hot for Gracie and I to be outside for more than a few minutes. Oh well, it's summertime in Texas. :yes

Another Double IC, huh, Mary? I still have not quite shook off the memory of the giant one I made last winter. I think your colors sound beautiful, and I cannot wait to see your progress.

Goodness, your daily temperatures would sap all of the energy out of me :sweatGood luck keeping cool and comfortable.

I'd like a just nice 55-60 degrees farenheit the majority of the time :lol
Ooh, don't wish for that, Cara. We are supposed to have a high of 58-degrees, today. It is mid-July, and I should not have to go in search of my fleece sweatshirt, just to wander out to the mailbox :no Tomorrow may hit 62 :rolleyes At least the laundry ought to dry without fading in the sunlight :rofl

Those are very pretty and i love the jacket.

Now you have me looking at the Irish Chain :blush Im going to have to just throw them all in a hat and pick one out :lol

Thanks. Oh, I like your idea of choosing your next project out of a hat. I feel like that, sometimes. Are you leaning in any particular direction this morning? The ATW is beautiful, the Irish Chain turns out so nicely... I'd do all of them :devil

It's been nasty hot here too. And the rain, can't forget this is our rainy season. Ugh. I keep forgetting why I wanted to move to FL anyway, and then I remember. This heat is much better than the nasty subzero temps of a MN winter :lol

Has anyone here taken the GRE?

Sorry, cannot help you with the GRE. When are you aiming to test? Good luck studying! "Subzero temps of a MN winter" Ha! It's chilly in the summer, too :wlol Thankfully, my coffee is steaming hot this a.m. Are you feeling alright, with your rain, and all? Take care :hug

I have such a light 'to do' list today, I almost feel guilty. The girls are visiting my parents until next weekend, so I do not even get to play with them, today :( I started making saltines, yesterday :yay No official count, yet, but I will get around to it, Mary. I have a couple of skeins of RHSS Bay Print (variegated navy, sage green & beige) that I am anxious to incorporate into a 9-patch. I know I do not want to border with the Bay, but whether I go with Caron Off White or Cape Cod Blue (yes, skeins leftover from my IC ) :think I need to make another 5 Off White, and then I can lay-out a couple of squares and play around with the arrangement. I know, I know, it should not be that tough, but I am really color-challenged; I need to see the saltines spread out on the floor before I can make up my mind. By this afternoon, I ought to have my plan in place. Stay tuned ;)

Have a good day on your end, Everyone :yarn

Sorry, cannot help you with the GRE. When are you aiming to test? Good luck studying! "Subzero temps of a MN winter" Ha! It's chilly in the summer, too :wlol Thankfully, my coffee is steaming hot this a.m. Are you feeling alright, with your rain, and all? Take care :hug

I'm doing pretty good, thanks :manyheart. The rain has been sorely needed, so I can't complain too much about it raining during non-work time :D I remember camping a few times and freezing cold. One year, I think it was over Memorial Day weekend, I actually hopped around everyplace in my sleeping bag, just to stay warm :lol

Minnesota can be chilly in summer, but that 40 degrees below zero in the winter is the absolute worst! :wbrr And, of course, it can hit 100 degrees in the summer when it decides to, too. :hot The extremes are extreme. I like Georgia winters much better. They are one of the big pluses for being down here. Being so far from my daughter and grandson are the biggest negatives.

Kim and I are on the move this morning. She has to have a cavity filled this afternoon. We worked on the start of the oriental quilt yesterday and later on a baby quilt. :sew I think we'll do quilting today again and then switch to crocheting on Thursday when this month's charity weekend challenge starts. :hook

Our weather calls for sun today and then rain for the next three days. We'll see what happens I guess. The doves and squirrels get a reprieve for a bit with John gone. :lol

Hi Ladies. :)

Tracy, thanks again for posting the picture of your adorable Irish Chain! It really helped me make a decision. :D

Dusti ~ Yay for more squares! The Bay Print is so pretty and I think a variegated in the nine patch will be great. :hook Enjoy your quiet time...you deserve it after the last few weeks. :manyheart (I could send Gracie to keep you company - of course, she might drive you crazy, too. :lol)

Linda ~ Poor John being in Texas this week. :( It's above 100 pretty much everywhere until at least Friday. I hope you and Kim are enjoying the "girl's time." :yes

It's been a busy morning and I'm ready for a crochet break. Gracie's asleep at the moment, so we'll see how long that lasts. ;) I hope everyone is having a good Wednesday. :manyheart

Hi ladies!

First and foremost I want to let y'all know for those that aren't also in Sky, that Donna's (sewnsew) DD Meaghan had an emergency tracheotomy this morning after swallowing a marble. She called Judy and told her. We haven't heard anything new except that it appears the tracheotomy got done. We don't know exactly where she stands right now. We're just trying to wait patiently for Donna to call back or check in :worried

We'll keep y'all posted but good thoughts and prayers are most definitely in order :yes

Ooh, don't wish for that, Cara. We are supposed to have a high of 58-degrees, today. It is mid-July, and I should not have to go in search of my fleece sweatshirt, just to wander out to the mailbox :no Tomorrow may hit 62 :rolleyes At least the laundry ought to dry without fading in the sunlight :rofl

Hmmm, MN in the summer is sounding pretty good right about now :lol

Kim and I are on the move this morning. She has to have a cavity filled this afternoon. We worked on the start of the oriental quilt yesterday and later on a baby quilt. :sew I think we'll do quilting today again and then switch to crocheting on Thursday when this month's charity weekend challenge starts. :hook

Our weather calls for sun today and then rain for the next three days. We'll see what happens I guess. The doves and squirrels get a reprieve for a bit with John gone. :lol

Sounds like you and Kim have a great day planned. Except for that part about the cavity :P

It's been a busy morning and I'm ready for a crochet break. Gracie's asleep at the moment, so we'll see how long that lasts. ;) I hope everyone is having a good Wednesday. :manyheart

So I'm taking it Gracie is still a little ball of boundless energy :lol

Hi ladies!

First and foremost I want to let y'all know for those that aren't also in Sky, that Donna's (sewnsew) DD Meaghan had an emergency tracheotomy this morning after swallowing a marble. She called Judy and told her. We haven't heard anything new except that it appears the tracheotomy got done. We don't know exactly where she stands right now. We're just trying to wait patiently for Donna to call back or check in :worried

We'll keep y'all posted but good thoughts and prayers are most definitely in order :yes

Oh, that is such scary news. Thank you so much, Cara, for sharing the report with us, and, please, let us know how the family is doing. Donna's daughter is in my prayers :worried

Hi Ladies. :)

Dusti ~ Yay for more squares! The Bay Print is so pretty and I think a variegated in the nine patch will be great. :hook Enjoy your quiet time...you deserve it after the last few weeks. :manyheart (I could send Gracie to keep you company - of course, she might drive you crazy, too. :lol)

Did you get any crocheting in before Gracie woke up? I think it would be sooo much fun for Gracie to visit me up here. Of course, you would have to come with her ;) Our yard is beg enough, that I think we could wear her out quickly, and then we could crochet :D The temps might be too big of a shock for her system, though. She has not had to go out when it is so cool at night. We'd better let her grow a little bit, but it sure could be fun :yes Good luck with your IC.

Update on Donna's DD...........Judy being the wonderful magnificent lady she is called Donna back and this is what she posted over in Sky (I don't know how to cross post so I'm cutting and pasting :blush)

"Trach TUBE was being put in Meagan and the marble was dislodged - no surgical trach was needed, tg. She's being monitored to make sure her throat doesn't swell too much - may or may not go home tonight. Hosp is minutes away and Donna got her there FAST - so all looks good!"

:whewOh, thank goodness. My tummy felt so awful for the short time that I even knew about the situation. The poor family... I am SO glad Meaghan is going to be alright.

:ghug to Donna.

That is wonderful news about Donna's DD. :) Thank you, Cara, for letting us know. :manyheart

Dusti ~ Maybe someday we'll be back in Minnesota and we can meet. It's been several years since I went with DH on a business trip to St. Paul.

I got a few squares joined and then the phone started ringing. Caller ID is great, but when it's the place MIL is staying I always answer. She fell again and the Dr. there said she's okay this time. It's a wonderful facility, but they can't watch her every minute.

I got a few squares joined and then the phone started ringing. Caller ID is great, but when it's the place MIL is staying I always answer. She fell again and the Dr. there said she's okay this time. It's a wonderful facility, but they can't watch her every minute.

That's scary! A friend got that call...her dad fell at the rehab place (recovering form a broken hip and elbow). They thought he didn't break anything but the xrays proved he did: the other hip. She's lucky she has a couple of brothers to help share the load.

It's so hard:hug

Im so glad that Donna's DD is ok...jeez that is scary my thoughts and prayers are with them.

Mary...I will say a prayer for your MIL also.Could you please but me down for 36 solids..thanks.

Hi ladies!

Sounds like you and Kim have a great day planned. Except for that part about the cavity :P

Oh, poor Donna. That is so scary. Glad to hear it's not as bad as it first sounded, too. They are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Kim's filling went super smoothly. We were in and out in under 30 minutes. Picked up kitty food and litter, and some meds for me. Then had lunch at IHOP. Blueberry pancakes, scrambled eggs, and hash browns for Kim and Tilapia hollendaise with salad, broccoli, and garlic bread for me.

The baby quilt top is almost done, but not put together, quilted, and finished yet.

ANd Donna is on her way home with Meagan! She's just supposed to take it easy tomorrow.

That's wonderful!

I forgot to post it here! It's 37 by 48 inches.

Lovely!

The day is winding down here. We got the baby quilt top done and the center of the oriental quilt is together. I think I'll crochet until bedtime.

Archived