Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good evening house,

i missed a busy day here again. well, i made it to my parents about an hour ago :) my dad already shut down his computer, so using my phone bc i didnt want to wait for it to boot up :( i totally forgot it was photo friday, but i didnt get much more done since my last photo anyway.

julie - they do make turtle food and thats typically what i feed them. when they were little they loved meat...yep carnivores, chicken was the favorite, but when they got bigger kinda just stopped eating it. i try to give them some fruits and veggies, but mostly just use the turtle food and dried out shrimp/krill for a treat :) but when i feed them, i take them out of their tank and put them in another small one to keep their water from getting gross quick...this way, i dont have to clean them as often.

joanne - understandable about the bruins, we shall see how it goes!! ;)

i hope everyone had a great day. congrats to everyone for their accomplishments today and sorry to those whose day was not great :( i didnt see a sheet of paper readily available at my parents so didnt take notes while reading through the posts :( sorry for the general response!!

julie - forgot to mention.....i was glad you said you deleted the button game post bc i was really confused!! i thought i missed it.

well, good night house mates.

Good morning and HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!

LeAnna- Thanks for the background information and happy that you have made it home!! Sounds like quite the adventure driving cross country! Enjoy the week off- you sure deserve it!!!:manyheart

Marisa- Thanks for letting us know you made it safe and sound to your parent's house! Enjoy your weekend!!! And enjoy the hockey games!:yes

Tabitha- Chuckled when I read "where my peeps at"- this peep was sleeping!!! Went to bed around 9 and didn't get up till 5- so I got some much needed rest!!!

Julie- So now I have Barry Manilow tunes swirling around in my brain!:lol

Sheila- Sorry about your DH and the job- and that was wierd that they had him listed on both lists. How is your "Honey Do" List coming along?

Judy- Another Yankee win!! Didn't watch the whole game but they were leading 3-0 when I went to bed! Did you finish the baby ghan?

Tam- Thinking about you and hope you are feeling somewhat better!!:hug

Everyone!!! Make it a great Friday- I'll try to have photos of the ghan after work-- I didn't do anything on it last night- :( but I was just too tired! Today's another day though and it will be waiting for me after work!!

:manyheart

Morning House

Just a quick check in this morning - I may not be in as much today --one of my cracking migraines coming on, so I'll probably spend the day hanging onto my head .

Anyhow,today is Photo Friday if you have some photos to share . I'll see if Sam can take a photo of my RR so far -- but it'll be tonite sometime probably since he is getting ready to leave for work soon .

Hope you all have a good day today .

Jules, I hope the headache isn't too bad:hug:manyheartrest up.

Look for my photo later....I'll get a pic taken this morning of the baby ghan.

I just got the Microsoft Office up and running on the new laptop, wrote a letter in Word, and managed to print it from the master bedroom onto the printer in the office. Yeah!:cheer I'm so proud of myself. I had to do a little fumbling around, but now I know exactly where to go and what to do. Whee! :cheer

John gets home tomorrow night and then I'll have a couple of days off. This has just been a super busy month.

That's great - wireless printing!! Have fun playing!:)

And you definitely need a couple of days off....enjoy:hug

As for the doctor's it was horrible....I left crying but I am okay now. Thank you for asking. :manyheart

I'm sorry, Tab:hug:hug:hug

WE'RE HOME! Just wanted to let you ladies know that. I'll post pics by end of Monday...

Took a little longer getting home, heavy winds through parts of Oregon and Washington. But the ferry boat ride was awesome...

Gonna go crash now...

I'm so glad you checked in! Snuggling in your own bed...the best thing:hug

Judy- Another Yankee win!! Didn't watch the whole game but they were leading 3-0 when I went to bed! Did you finish the baby ghan?

Yay, Yankees!!!!!:yay

I washed and dried the baby ghan last night - pic coming today:hook

Good Morning.

Julie~So sorry about the migraine.....rest up and take care. :hug

My batteries disappeared out of my camera AGAIN, so I will see if I can find some to take a pic. :yes

Have a great day....off to do homework. UGH!!

Draped over my table, this ghan is based on a crochet calendar pattern from 2-3 years ago. The crescent moons are made with glow in the dark yarn I bought a couple of years ago and saved for a special pattern...and this was it!

It's 36 inches square, and for a dear friend to give her Great Nephew to be...

post-8552-135897525888_thumb.jpg

Good morning everyone!

Sheila, I hope isn't without a job for long.

Linda, Sorry Kim had to go thru all that for her tests. Glad the results were good. Glad you got things all figured out and working on the computer. Is your printer wireless? I have a wireless laptop, but the printer isn't. Just wondering how that works.

Tab, Sorry you had a bad doctor's appt. Glad your feeling better.

LeAnna, Glad your home. Thanks for sharing your story. I have an uncle who retired from the Air Force, a friend from the Army, a nephew who has put seven years in the Army so far, my dil is 20 years in the army reserves this year, a cousin (female) in the Air Force and she is making it a career.

Marisa, Have a fun weekend with your parents.

Julie, Sorry you have a migraine. Hope you feel better soon. My husband takes Imitrex for his.

We are finally going to warm up today. Suppose to be near 80 for the weekend. I hope so! I need to do some laundry and some cleaning around here and I want to get outside and change the dirt on a couple of my house plants. I still to check out the yarn situation to.

I hope everyone has a nice day!

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Judy - Your afghan is absolutely wonderful! :applause And that's good news about DH's doctor visit.

LeAnna ~ I know you all are so happy to be home. :hug Hope you're able to relax for a few days now.

Linda ~ Yay for finding fabrics at Walmart! I'm glad you've figured out the new computer and printer. :compute

Marlene ~ I loved reading about your family! Enjoy the warm weather. :yes

Cheeria ~That is a great RR pattern - you can do it! :cheer

Sheila ~ I am so very sorry about your DH's job. :( Your attitude is wonderful and hope everything is okay for you guys.

Julie ~ Take care...I hope the migraine goes away soon. :hug

Hi Joanne, Tabby, Marisa and Tam...sorry if I missed anyone. :manyheart

I never made it to a yarn store yesterday. I always seem to think I can do more than I can. :lol Besides, checking out all baby departments adds to my shopping time.:wink

Morning house mates, Sorry I didn't get on last night I came from bible study, got into my Pj's, crochet a little, than read a few pages of my book until I feel asleep holding my book. It was great to relax and crochet, with all the knitting I have done lately I was glad to spend some time crocheting. I tired the round afghan and again I got frustrated and took it to the frog pond. I don't know why I can't seem to get doing one of these RR afghan right????:think I will try again but for the moment I just once again give up. I did crochet a little on my shawl. When I get a moment today I will take a picture of the knitted baby blanket, it is not finish yet but you can see how it look. I will respond to the posts later probably once my grandbaby is napping so I will BBL. Enjoy your day house mates. :hug:hug

Thanks for the compliments, ladies...

And the blue yarn is more of a Denim, than dark like the picture shows.

It's a relief to get it done!

Draped over my table, this ghan is based on a crochet calendar pattern from 2-3 years ago. The crescent moons are made with glow in the dark yarn I bought a couple of years ago and saved for a special pattern...and this was it!

It's 36 inches square, and for a dear friend to give her Great Nephew to be...

Judy that is gorgeous.

Good morning housemates. I am tired today, but it's a physical tired from lack of sleep not the mind numbing emotional and mental tiredness that I've had for at least the last 6 months. And I feel peaceful which I haven't felt in a long time. The change in meds is definitely working.

Have a great day everyone. More later.

Hi folks

Well, the headache is still pounding ,but it was payday so things to get done .

Just got home and all bills paid ( for today ), bank,gas ,and a few other stops later and everything is done .

It is hot out today and windy -- now I not only have a headache but I can't BREATHE .

Maybe I'll spend the rest of the day thinking about which one bothers me more ,then won't concentrate on just one .

Never thought this sentence would come out of MY mouth, but I cannot WAIT to get the Stress test done next week .

I do NOT want it to show anything bad , but if it shows anything at all,maybe we can get a handle on the breathing at least .

Anyhow, I have something NEW I want to try in here just for today --

I've been trying to come up with some ideas to keep the group moving,exciting and fun to be a part of .

For some STRANGE reason, my head works BETTER when it hurts.

So, read next post :

Oh, sorry- first of all,

Jude- love the moon and stars afghan .Have you tried looking at it at night after dark ?

I would love to see what it looks like and how it shows up -- where in the world did you find the yarn ?

and Linda-- GREAT progress,in just a few day's time ... we are all pulling for you .

Hi guys

TODAY ,we will be playing a little game in here .

When you POST .. look at the person who posted right before you .

You have to say ONE GOOD COMMENT about them ,

PLUS

Ask them one question about any subject . It can be craft-related, other hobby related , family ...etc

So don't forget ****

Just for today .

Hey all...Judy, great afghan...love it.

WE HAVE THE U HAUL UNPACKED!!!!! Woo Hoo! Only took an hour. Getting ready to take it to U Haul.

Tomorrow is our "official" vacation...this last week was nothing but work...

Happy Crocheting everyone.

Well, I see it took forever for me to post so Julie wasn't right before me. :lol Oh well.

Judy~Beautiful afghan. I would love to see it glow up too. Where did ya find glow in the dark yarn? That is awesome. :clap

Linda~Glad to see you are on the right track....good luck and hope it all works out for you. :hug

Well,since you both posted at almost the same moment, I'll have to answer for both of you :

LeAnn, you have really got great talent in crocheting . You make some items that I would never even attempt, and you make them beautifully !

Question:

Where were you BORN ( just state, you don't need to mention city or anything )

(PS- glad you are home,and making headway to get everything situated )

Tab -

You are one of the funniest people I've ever met and I still think fondly of the days when we were both at the top of our game and feeling good -

I DO believe me and you are the re-incarnations of Laurel & Hardy .

I'll be the fat one, because I'm "meaty" .

And for the question :

If you were on Death Row, what would you want your last meal to be ?

Archived