Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Linda, those hats are great!!!

Thanks Joanne.

I was just reading a quilting blog, (i like to quilt too) and she calls her WIPS, PASSes (projects at a standstill). I thought it was a more accurate way to describe some of my WIPs. which aren't really "in progress" at all.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evening or should I say Nite House Mates, I've been MIA today, a college girlfriend of mines came down from Penn. to visit me and we end up going out to lunch. It was a great day and I was happy to be out and about. Tomorrow it is my plans to take a picture of the knitted blanket I'm working on and share it with the group. I haven't done anything today except enjoy myself, laughing, eating and having fun. I did miss coming in here today. Have a restful night. :hug

Hello ladies,

It is late now and I am just hanging out in the hotel room after a super long day. We went on a wine tour today and managed to go to all 17 wineries included :)

I am now exhausted and am headed to bed.

See you all tomorrow.

Cheeria- Nothing wrong with enjoying yourself, laughing, eating and having fun!!! Glad you had such a great day!!!

Can't wait to see the knitted blanket!

Night House!

Thanks - Joanne, Cindy, and LeAnna. I think we took first place with the hats again this year, but we left in such a hurry that I'm not sure if that's official or not. :lol

Morning Gang-

Hey Judy- sorry I missed your post last night. I turned this thing off a little early last night ,so just now saw it .

Cheeria- sounds like you had lots of fun yesterday - that's great ! Will be looking forward to seeing the photo of your afghan .

Linda- the hats turned out very cute -- good job . Sorry Kim got sick . Maybe it was something she ate there ? Hope it wasn't the flu -- YEK, that stuff is bad .

Marisa- so did you guys have samples at all the wine places ? If you did, you may have a slow start this morning .

Well, I dont have much exciting to report, other than my x-dil called and asked if I could make a regular ripple for her co-worker ( just like the one her grandma made,and her mom has ) . It's just the simple sc ripple, done in 3 shades of brown. She sent me an email of the picture of it .

She wants it bed-sized,so I need to put all other projects aside to work on it ,or I won't have it done until 2018 .

Well, that's about all thats new here, I can hear the birds tweeting, but it's still dark out . I think the weather may be rainy today but not sure .

Hope you all have a great sunday .

Good morning all!

Julie- looks like you have your work cut out for you with a sc ripple bed-sized ghan!!

I will be working on the ghan for stepdaughter today- I really want to try and finish this up today.

BBL to see what everyone is up to--- time to get a cup of coffee!!!

Hi Joanne

Yep,it's gonna be a humdinger of a project .Lots of work ,but it'll be something to do ,so it's ok. I just have to stay on task with it ,because if it is promised to someone then you have to do it .

I dont know this girl ,other than she is in her late 20's and wants the afghan like the one her grandma made ,so I have a picture of it from her cell phone. It looks like 3 colors of brown,so I'm going with the dark like chocolate brown, the cafe ,and buff .

I had no clue how much yarn to get but i knew it'd take a truckload to do a ripple of that size, so I just bought 50 buck's worth . We'll see how far that will go .

I also need to make more knit dishcloths. I gave one to a really nice lady who works at McD's ,and she almost cried when I gave it to her. You'd think I gave her a golden necklace worth thousands of dollars. Every time I see her ,she is talking about that dishcloth, so I need to make her a pile more .

It's nice to make stuff for people who appreciate it though . Actually does ME more good than it does THEM .

Good morning, House mates!

We're home from the party early because Kim got sick. She threw up all over herself. It's the first time I've seen her throw up. And apparently it's been a long time since it' last happened. Anyway, we're home and I've got pictures of the hats which got lots of compliments. John and Kim's are more or less mirror images of each other. And then there is me in my finished hat. Lots of good food and a lot of fun.

[ATTACH]19971[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]19972[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]19973[/ATTACH]

Poor Kim - Poor yo! I'm hoping it was just something she ate that didn't agree with her.:hug

And The hats came out great! I love yours...you would have fit in at the track very nicely:yes

I was just reading a quilting blog, (i like to quilt too) and she calls her WIPS, PASSes (projects at a standstill). I thought it was a more accurate way to describe some of my WIPs. which aren't really "in progress" at all.

Oh, I like that description. It could be applied to my x st projects in a heartbeat!

Evening or should I say Nite House Mates, I've been MIA today, a college girlfriend of mines came down from Penn. to visit me and we end up going out to lunch. It was a great day and I was happy to be out and about. Tomorrow it is my plans to take a picture of the knitted blanket I'm working on and share it with the group. I haven't done anything today except enjoy myself, laughing, eating and having fun. I did miss coming in here today. Have a restful night. :hug

Visiting with girlfriends is so rejuvenating! I'm gald you had a nice day.

It is late now and I am just hanging out in the hotel room after a super long day. We went on a wine tour today and managed to go to all 17 wineries included :)

I am now exhausted and am headed to bed.

See you all tomorrow.

Ooooops....17 wineries?:lol:lol:lol:lol

Hey Judy- sorry I missed your post last night. I turned this thing off a little early last night ,so just now saw it .

Well, I dont have much exciting to report, other than my x-dil called and asked if I could make a regular ripple for her co-worker ( just like the one her grandma made,and her mom has ) . It's just the simple sc ripple, done in 3 shades of brown. She sent me an email of the picture of it .

She wants it bed-sized,so I need to put all other projects aside to work on it ,or I won't have it done until 2018 .

A sc ripple!?:eek I barely have the patience to make one using DC! Is there a deadline??

I dont know this girl ,other than she is in her late 20's and wants the afghan like the one her grandma made ,so I have a picture of it from her cell phone. It looks like 3 colors of brown,so I'm going with the dark like chocolate brown, the cafe ,and buff .

I had no clue how much yarn to get but i knew it'd take a truckload to do a ripple of that size, so I just bought 50 buck's worth . We'll see how far that will go .

I also need to make more knit dishcloths. I gave one to a really nice lady who works at McD's ,and she almost cried when I gave it to her. You'd think I gave her a golden necklace worth thousands of dollars. Every time I see her ,she is talking about that dishcloth, so I need to make her a pile more .

It's nice to make stuff for people who appreciate it though . Actually does ME more good than it does THEM .

I tink you'll have enough yarn:lol....the best thing, though, because the colors are alternating in the ripple, if you DO need more the dyle lot won't affect it as much.

And I know EXACTLY what you mean about making things for people meaning more to YOU than them. That's how I feel - it's a natural high giving our stuff to those who appreciate it.

Hi, Joanne!

Hey, those Yankees...I think Joe stuck with the pitcher way too long...they could have pulled the game out if he hadn't.

Good morning ladies...after church today I WILL get back to my crocheting...which I haven't done since Tuesday...

Good luck with that afghan project Julie, you can do it...

Good Morning.

PASSes.....Love it!! :manyheart:cheer:lol

Marisa~I did a winery tour not too long ago and loved it! I listened to the discussion at the wine tasting, but did not taste & boy do I regret it after hearing all of the talk about the flavors. I am not a drinker, but it definitely fascinated me. :yes

Linda~Awesome & fun hats! :clap I hope Kim is feeling better this a.m. :manyheart

Julie~Wow, a sc'de ripple.....I still have mine only half done. Very easy, but sc feels like it goes no where fast so I keep putting it aside. Mine is in sc, but a bit different than normal. Here's the link....http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=13950442. I am making mine in shades of pinks, white, gray, and black. I have to get a move on it again because it is going in the fair this year. I also have my very own designed quilt ghan that I have to make for the fair. UGHH, no time to play. Yeah right, I always make time to play. :yes Enough rambling....I hope you get yours done speedy quick.

Judy~Morning. :hug

Well, off to shower....then church.....then the DQ (yummy). :D BBL. :yes

Morning Jude !!!

Yep, a sc ripple, but no deadline, just whenever . I told Steph to tell this girl it'll take me awhile because these are some of the slowest afghan patterns to make ,so she'll know it won't be done anytime in the immediate future .

Thanks for the vote of confidence, LeAnna -- and I hope you get some time to crochet soon ! You've had some mighty busy weeks lately, so I hope things start to settle into place now .

Tab- wow, that ripple is cool !! And the colors sound pretty . Dig it out and start on it again, then you can work along with me . I need a ripple partner .

Also, what is the fair design you are talking about ? Have I seen it before or is it a new design you made recently ?

PS- Eat a peanut buster parfait for me, will ya ?

Julie~I don't know if I shared the design before.....it has a bear in the center and edged with mountains and bear claws. I may have posted it a ways back. :think That is the ghan I am trying to find washable wool yarn :yarn for so I can admit it into the wool barn because that is where the true crochet and knit masters are located.....I want to really earn my ribbons this year. :yes

And what is a PB parfait?? I cannot say it sounds tasty.

Tab-

Yea, now I think I remember the afghan with the bear -it was very cute . Hope you can find the yarn you are searching for .

A pb parfait is just a HUGE hot fudge sundae ,it is done in layers of ice cream,hot fudge ,peanuts . It's REALLY good.

Don't they have them at your DQ ?

Julie~Wow, a sc'de ripple.....I still have mine only half done. Very easy, but sc feels like it goes no where fast so I keep putting it aside. Mine is in sc, but a bit different than normal. Here's the link....http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=13950442. I am making mine in shades of pinks, white, gray, and black. I have to get a move on it again because it is going in the fair this year. I also have my very own designed quilt ghan that I have to make for the fair. UGHH, no time to play. Yeah right, I always make time to play. :yes Enough rambling....I hope you get yours done speedy quick.

Judy~Morning. :hug

Well, off to shower....then church.....then the DQ (yummy). :D BBL. :yes

Hi, Hon!

I like that pattern ....but it makes me nauseous to look at the design:P

Have a great day.

Hi all,

Tab- while you are at the DQ have a vanilla hot fudge sundae with whipped cream and a cherry for me!!! Boy does that sound good- especially since it's another hot day here!

Judy- I just don't think that Vasquez can pitch in NY- sure he had a good year last year- but that was in Chi-town, not NY!!! Let's see how the game goes today- we need another W!!

LeAnna- Hope you can get in some crochet time today- after your past week you sure deserve it.

Tabitha- Wow that quilt sounds awesome! And I love that ripple- but I don't know if I have the patience for a SC ripple- it would probably end up as a PASS!

Julie- I have been really wanting to try the ripple on Attic24 site http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/neat-ripple-pattern.html

So that may be my next big project.

Well, I'd better get moving on this ghan!

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday so far!:hug

I agree. Making things for those appreciate them is a real high.

Good morning everyone. I'm awake but that's about it so far. I picked up the CD of Avatar last week and watching it is one of the first things on my list of things to do today. I'm still playing catch up on sleep. I think working on the filet piece is also on today's agenda. It's a lot of fun seeing the pattern emerge. And I'm loving the lacy look of it.

Linda, it sounds like you have agood day lined up.

Enjoy! You deserve it:manyheart

Judy- I just don't think that Vasquez can pitch in NY- sure he had a good year last year- but that was in Chi-town, not NY!!! Let's see how the game goes today- we need another W!!

Julie- I have been really wanting to try the ripple on Attic24 site http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/neat-ripple-pattern.html

So that may be my next big project.

Like so many other pitchers have tanked in NY!:yes Joe should give him a "PASS"

I love that ripple patern - of course her colors help:D

We're hibernationg for the rest of the day. It's already too humid for us, so we were already out to Delicious Orchards (applesauce cake with icing, a couple of eclairs, an apple swirl, seeded bread...and of course some fruits and veggies, too)

Today is pasta day: a quick sauce I throw together and some hot sausages to go with it:devil

Anybody drooling yet?:lol:lol

I'll be back on later today.

Archived