Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Julie~Hmmm......I would have to say spahetti and meatballs with some nice garlic bread. :D Being a prison meal it will proabably taste more like mushy worms, mystery meatballs, and hard-dried up bread crumbs. YUCK!

And thanks for the compliment.....I just wish I knew who Laurel and Hardy were. :think

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tab- sorry forgot to answer your question :

I just this morning started a rectangle granny, so it's my next project .

Awesome!! Any particular color scheme? I saw the prettiest color scheme in the yarn shop, but Jaden would not have went for it. It was redheart sedona with the matching solids.....very rustic and nice. :yes

Tab

No color scheme, I just have a LOT of colors to use, so it'll be a little bit of everything .

You are probably right about jail food. I've never tried it ,but it cannot be good .

Maybe even worse than hospital food, and THAT is REALLY awful .

Hello to the House :clap

First, my homework. Julie posted before me so......Julie is one of the sweetest, kindest and most caring lady that I have met in this group :hug

Question to Julie What craft project are you the most proud of?

Now, this is a quick hit and run post, I am on vacation at my sister's. I have been reading your posts to her and you are now her friends as well as mine. She is internet illiterate (she just hit me) but if she had internet access she would be in this group so fast.....she is the knitter, baker and quilt maker....must more talented than me but that's because she is soooooo much older :rofl We are going to go to JoAnn's today...because I need more yarn. :devil Having a great time, saw grandson and great grandson last night, visiting with Mom, will see other grandsons tomorrow.

Posting here will be sporadic...sharing computer with DH.

Will check in later. Have a great day. :hook

Hi, Diane. You make some of the most intricate and lovely afghans I've seen in here. My question: If you won an all expense paid two week vacation, where would you go and what would you do?

I'll get some pictures taken for Photo Friday in a little bit. I'm being lazy today. Guess I'm a little too short on sleep to be functioning at top speed today. Have a great day everyone.

I've got the pictures of my mom's quilt to show off today and that's about it. This is the first two rows of seven. And a close up so you can see a little more of the detail.

post-9295-135897525897_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897525892_thumb.jpg

hello house....

linda is one of the most caring and heartfelt people i've come to know!!!

what do u like to do when you're not crafting?

on the road with my parents and my dad's driving so i'm working on my lapghan :) posting here is breaktime :)

Homework:

Linda, you just posted your quilt progress....you are so talented and one of the most tenderhearted people I know.:manyheart

What would you LIKE to make that you're reluctant to attempt?

Judy that is gorgeous.

Good morning housemates. I am tired today, but it's a physical tired from lack of sleep not the mind numbing emotional and mental tiredness that I've had for at least the last 6 months. And I feel peaceful which I haven't felt in a long time. The change in meds is definitely working.

Have a great day everyone. More later.

Thanks, Linda! And I'm so glad your equilibrium seems to be righting itself!

Jude- love the moon and stars afghan .Have you tried looking at it at night after dark ?

When I finish work on it and turn out the lights it's a real sight;)

I would love to see what it looks like and how it shows up -- where in the world did you find the yarn ?

I found that yarn by accident a couple of years ago in Michaels. It intrigued me, though at the time I didn't have a project in mind for it. The longer it's exposed to light the longer it stays "lit"

Judy~Beautiful afghan. I would love to see it glow up too. Where did ya find glow in the dark yarn? That is awesome. :clap

Thanks...and see my answer to Jules - above;)

Hey all...Judy, great afghan...love it.

WE HAVE THE U HAUL UNPACKED!!!!! Woo Hoo! Only took an hour. Getting ready to take it to U Haul.

Tomorrow is our "official" vacation...this last week was nothing but work...

Happy Crocheting everyone.

Thanks, hon! Enjoy some down time....:hug:hug:hug

I've got the pictures of my mom's quilt to show off today and that's about it. This is the first two rows of seven. And a close up so you can see a little more of the detail.

[ATTACH]19914[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]19915[/ATTACH]

Beautiful work!!!!:clap:clap

Need to get in the kitchen...and in between watching the chicken that's under the broiler I'm bordering some odd squares I was gifted...it'll be a pet blankie for my vet.

Well,since you both posted at almost the same moment, I'll have to answer for both of you :

LeAnn, you have really got great talent in crocheting . You make some items that I would never even attempt, and you make them beautifully !

Question:

Where were you BORN ( just state, you don't need to mention city or anything )

(PS- glad you are home,and making headway to get everything situated )

Tab -

You are one of the funniest people I've ever met and I still think fondly of the days when we were both at the top of our game and feeling good -

I DO believe me and you are the re-incarnations of Laurel & Hardy .

I'll be the fat one, because I'm "meaty" .

And for the question :

If you were on Death Row, what would you want your last meal to be ?

If the question was for me, I was born in West Seattle, Washington State...I can see the city from the island...and thank you for the compliments on my crocheting...I know I still owe all kinds of photos...

and if I were on Death Row, last meal...either steak or fried chicken and if fried chicken, with mashed potatoes, chicken fried gravy, biscuits and a green salad...and chocolate cake or chocolate chip cookies for dessert...

Okay, Judy...

Judy is an animal lover, friendly, welcoming and does great crochet work.

Question: If you could meet any one past or present for lunch, where would you like to go and what would you want to know about that person in the hour you have for the lunch date? And the person can be well known or not well known or fictional or real...your pick.

One more post...went off island and dropped off the trailer at U Haul and then did some shopping and came home...now I'm going to curl up and watch Days of Our Lives...

Jude is a friend . Not just a good friend ,she is one of the best friends anyone could ask for .

She stands beside you ,no matter what,is a good listener and good advice giver . I am fortunate to have her for my friend .

Jude --

In high school ,what would you have been described as ?

( Such as Most studious,most quiet, friendliest , most athletic, etc ? )

Linda- your quilt is so pretty !!! You have such talent in those hands .:yes

Diane - I'm not touching that "sister " comment with a 10 foot pole !

You sound like you are having so much fun. I'm glad you got to go visit your family .:)

Marisa- thanks for taking time to visit with us while on your trip ! Hope you are enjoying the time with your family, too .

To answer my last question of what project I am most proud of, it'd have to be Cam's quilt-ghan, mainly because of the size of it . I can't think of very many other items I've made that are that big .

Whoops -took too long to post, so now I have to answer LeAnna ,too !

Your posts are interesting because you explain what it's like to live in other places -- I have always been here my whole life, so it's fun learning about new places .

LeAnna - what is your favorite season of the year ?

(And your last meal on death row sounds doggone good ! )

hello house....

linda is one of the most caring and heartfelt people i've come to know!!!

what do u like to do when you're not crafting?

on the road with my parents and my dad's driving so i'm working on my lapghan :) posting here is breaktime :)

Thank you, Marisa. I love to curl up with a good book with my kitty in my lap and instrumental music playing in the background.

Homework:

Linda, you just posted your quilt progress....you are so talented and one of the most tenderhearted people I know.:manyheart

What would you LIKE to make that you're reluctant to attempt?

Thanks, Linda! And I'm so glad your equilibrium seems to be righting itself!

I found that yarn by accident a couple of years ago in Michaels. It intrigued me, though at the time I didn't have a project in mind for it. The longer it's exposed to light the longer it stays "lit"

Thanks...and see my answer to Jules - above;)

Thanks, hon! Enjoy some down time....:hug:hug:hug

Beautiful work!!!!:clap:clap

Thanks, Judy. What I'd like to do but am reluctant to try - painting. I haven't had to background to know what I'm doing with the paints, but it's something I'd like to do somewhere down the road.

Judy: you do such beautiful graph ghans. They are all lovely. Question: What is your favorite type of music?

Tab

No color scheme, I just have a LOT of colors to use, so it'll be a little bit of everything .

You are probably right about jail food. I've never tried it ,but it cannot be good .

Maybe even worse than hospital food, and THAT is REALLY awful .

Kinda like a scrap or stash ghan. Cool. And ICK on hospital food, but somehow I think prison food must be worse or atleast it better be. :devil

[ATTACH]19914[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]19915[/ATTACH]

BEUATIFUL!!!

Linda is an A#1 crafter and is a spectacular person.....very caring. :manyheart

Linda~If you were stuck on a deserted island and could only have one thing or person.....who or what would it be?

Didn't make Photo Friday with 63 squares. All put together. About 3/4 of 2nd row of border yet to do. Then all of those ends that I should have done as I went along, but oh well. Maybe next Friday.

It's the weekend!!!! :clap

Here's the ghan I have been working on for stepdaughter- it's getting there! It's about 43X43 right now.

Now I'm going to go back and see what everyone was up to today and admire some photos!

post-27163-135897526287_thumb.jpg

It's the weekend!!!! :clap

Here's the ghan I have been working on for stepdaughter- it's getting there! It's about 43X43 right now.

Now I'm going to go back and see what everyone was up to today and admire some photos!

Beautiful and purpley!! :cheer

Here's my RR so far :

That is fantastic....love the colors and the organizaation of them. :yay Now do I have this right.....you started a granny this a.m. without finishing the RR? Uh-uh-uh.....:eek:lol:P Just bustin' on ya. :hug I have about 3,507, 489 hidden projects.....although 3,507,488 are YOUR fault. :rofl

Very pretty Joanne !!!

I love the colors- very pretty ! Is the one a lilac type color, and what is the variegated called ?

Wanda- great work on almost being done with your 63 ! I am so proud of you .

We'll be watching for the photo when you are ready .

Beautiful and purpley!! :cheer

That is fantastic....love the colors and the organizaation of them. :yay Now do I have this right.....you started a granny this a.m. without finishing the RR? Uh-uh-uh.....:eek:lol:P Just bustin' on ya. :hugI have about 3,507, 489 hidden projects.....although 3,507,488 are YOUR fault. :rofl

Now wait a minute !!!! If YOU started them ,then how is it MY fault ???

:think:lol:think

Whoops -took too long to post, so now I have to answer LeAnna ,too !

Your posts are interesting because you explain what it's like to live in other places -- I have always been here my whole life, so it's fun learning about new places .

LeAnna - what is your favorite season of the year ?

(And your last meal on death row sounds doggone good ! )

Favorite season of the year? Toss up between spring (my birthday) and fall (my wedding anniversary...)

Julie Kay...I feel when I read your posts like you're the neighbor I'd like to have...easy to talk to and spend good time with while crocheting...

If you could live anywhere but where you currently live, where would that be? and why?

Ok, Homework!

Julie- You are so much fun! You made me feel welcome from the moment I 'met' you! :manyheart And now for your question- If you won the lottery what would you do with your winnings?

Julie- Your RR is so pretty!!! And now you started a rectangular granny?

Linda- the quilt is coming along beautifully- you have such talent.:yes And I'm so happy that the meds are working- it really makes me so happy:)

Judy- What can I say? It seems that each project you do is better than the next! You are so talented and I admire your work so much!!! :manyheart What a fun afghan with the glow in the dark yarn!!!

Marisa- Glad to hear from you and happy you are with family for the weekend- have a blast!

LeAnn- Enjoy your vacation that officially begins tomorrow. And that was pretty amazing that it only took an hr to empty the u-haul!!

Tab- Your sense of humor is wonderful! Love it!

Wanda- WTG on the 63 squares- can't wait to see pics of it!!

Mary- So you didn't go yarn shopping? I guess baby shopping trumps even yarn!

Diane- You and your sister must be a hoot together- and tell her hi from me!

Tammy- :hug and hope you are feeling better!

Cindy- thinking about you on your weekend away!

Hope everyone has a great night and weekend! Thanks to all of you for making this house a fun place to be!!!:manyheart

Archived