Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Tabitha- You are probably tired from all the bantering back and forth with Julie!:lol (just kidding)

LeeAnn- I've been thinking about you on your trek back home with Hub-E- hope it is going well and that you'll be home soon!! Miss you around here!

I'm kind of beat tonight- I stayed up too late last night! Had planned on doing laundry tonight- but that will have to wait until tomorrow night! I think I'm going to sit on my behind and do a little:crocheting while I watch some Yankee baseball!

Judy- can you believe the Mets are in 1st place? Amazing! (just like the Amazing Mets in 69!) Now if the Yankees will right the course and get some W's!!

We will be home tomorrow late afternoon, early evening God willing. It has been quite the trip and we are seriously in melt down mode...we have experienced every weather scenario imaginable. We saw the tail end of a tornado on Sunday while going through Indiana and today we literally experienced the following: sun, rain, snow, fog, hail and did I say snow...serious "cannot see anything but white" snow for the last 100 miles through Wyoming...We are now outside of Boise and are just drained and a little depressed. But we are looking forward to getting home and after we empty the trailer and take the trailer back to U-Haul, THEN we will have a vacation and do absolutely NOTHING but rest up for a week. We need it. What we have been going through has not been a vacation by any stretch of the imagination.

Thing good thoughts for us...we need it...

Take good care of yourselves...I've missed you.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:hug:hug Leanna, I hope the last leg home goes smoother than today's leg. You're almost home. :hug:hug My daughter, Purrbox, called tonight and we chatted for almost an hour. We're both looking forward to seeing each other the second week in June. John & Kim are going to their timeshare in Panama City Beach and I'm going to Iowa to see Joy and Ayden. We'll probably spend a day with my mom, too, while I'm there. Joy quilts, too, so we'll undoubtedly make a number of visits to quilt stores. I'm sure the time will fly by. I know it did last year.

I'm going to head to bed soon. See you all tomorrow. :sleep

I hope you all wake up today bright-eyed and bushy-tailed and ready to start a new day .

It sounded like we had some tired folks in here last night, me included.

We both fell asleep in our chairs by 8 or 9 last night. We sure aren't party animals by any stretch of the magination .

LeAnna-- boy, you guys have had a long journey. Bet you won't even want to get into a car again for several days after arriving home.

We've all been thinking of you .

Tab- yep, you have some growing boys there ,so they'll need some pretty big RR's to cover up with .

Cindy- glad your new computer arrived,and we'll see you in a couple days .

Linda- I'm glad yesterday seemed a little better for you . Just take things one step at a time and it can slowly get better . Looking forward to your trip may help -- it'll be nice for you to have some Grandma time .

A fine good morning to all the rest of you . I have been chugging along on my RR . Those things are highly deceptive. You start them and they go like a whiz,but the longer you work on them, the slower they go .

I'm at the point now where each row is taking longer and longer .

Havent measured it yet to see how big it is, but I am finally into the reds and will probably reach some pinks today,so that'll be nice . I like pinks much more than orange-type colors .

I may try to toss in the purples after the pinks ... those should be fun, since I never use much purple for anything .

Well, that's about all I have for this morning . Will check in later when you guys are awake . Still really early here -

Good morning House mates!

LeAnna- Glad to hear that you are on the last leg of your long journey home- and hoping this last bit of travel will go very smoothly for you!! (and I apologize for calling you LeeAnn in my other post- I get confused since I know a LeaAnne, a LeaAnn and a LeAnna :lol)

Linda- Sounds like a nice trip you have to look forward to in June!!!:manyheart

Julie- I was up before the birds today- that's what I get for going to bed early- I must have been asleep by 8:30- but then I woke up at 3:30!!! And was wide-eyed and bushy tailed!!! So I decided to get ready for work and then I did 2 more rounds on the afghan for step daughter- I so want this to be done so I can start the next project in the round with lots and lots of color!!!

Judy- The Yankees won, Theeeee Yankees won (that's my John Sterling interpretation:lol) Hope you have a great day!!

Hope everyone in the House has a wonderful day- I'm heading out early and hoping I can leave work early- I have a sneaky feeling that I'm going to be dragging my you know what come around 3:00!:lol

Joanne-

Great to know you woke up with lots of steam this morning after a good night's rest . Hope it lasts you all day long at work ,and you still have some power left when you get home.

I wake up early every day, but my power runs out early at night .

Good work on getting a little further on your afghan . See you this evening .

Thanks for the love ladies...I know life is a bunch of choices...I know about the whole, "you chose how you react to things" and all...but I woke up this morning just depressed (and that's a word I try not to use very often...) I think I'm just on auto pilot at the moment...I broke down crying in the bathroom before taking my shower. I will say this...my Hub-E knows that I have totally hit the wall now and he's working to change his attitude about a few things...we'll see how the day goes...that's all I can do at the moment.

I'll post when we get home...hugs to all.

My new computer is here!!!

Unfortunately,. I don't really have time to do much with it tonight. I probably won;t be on tomorrow since I have to work, and I will be gone after that until sometime Friday evening. Hope to see everyone then.

Good night!

Hope all goes well....till we see ya...:hug:manyheart

I am doing okay today. My mind is kind of all over the place, but I don't feel like I'm going to go on a crying jag all the time. The Geek Squad were here at noon and got everything hooked up. I'm too tired to try to do anything really ambitious.

I haven't worked on the Derby Hats much yet, but I'd better get busy on that soon. Saturday will be here all too soon. I bought some fleece with horses as the pattern and I'm going to cut them out and attach them to John and Kim's hats. The turkeys skunked the hunters again last weekend, so I have to punt.

One day at a time, sweetie:hug:hug

...and good luck on the hats, but I'm afraid I have to keep rooting for the turkeys!!:yay:lol

aww............. you guys are all the bestest family ever!!! :hug

thanks so much for your love and well wishes!

No time for doctor today!!! errands and baseball game!

I'm pooped and off to bed.. but wanted to come say good night!

lub you guys!!! :hug

:heart

:mug

Don't overdo!!:hug

We will be home tomorrow late afternoon, early evening God willing. It has been quite the trip and we are seriously in melt down mode...we have experienced every weather scenario imaginable. We saw the tail end of a tornado on Sunday while going through Indiana and today we literally experienced the following: sun, rain, snow, fog, hail and did I say snow...serious "cannot see anything but white" snow for the last 100 miles through Wyoming...We are now outside of Boise and are just drained and a little depressed. But we are looking forward to getting home and after we empty the trailer and take the trailer back to U-Haul, THEN we will have a vacation and do absolutely NOTHING but rest up for a week. We need it. What we have been going through has not been a vacation by any stretch of the imagination.

Thing good thoughts for us...we need it...

Take good care of yourselves...I've missed you.

Oh, my - who would have thought the weather would be so horrible!! Be careful...thoughts and prayers, sweetie:hug:manyheart

My daughter, Purrbox, called tonight and we chatted for almost an hour. We're both looking forward to seeing each other the second week in June. John & Kim are going to their timeshare in Panama City Beach and I'm going to Iowa to see Joy and Ayden. We'll probably spend a day with my mom, too, while I'm there. Joy quilts, too, so we'll undoubtedly make a number of visits to quilt stores. I'm sure the time will fly by. I know it did last year.

I'm going to head to bed soon. See you all tomorrow. :sleep

Oh, that'll be such fun! :clap

Judy- The Yankees won, Theeeee Yankees won (that's my John Sterling interpretation:lol) Hope you have a great day!!

They sure did!!!!!:cheer:clap...and that was a good imitation of Sterling...;)

Congratulations to our very own Jude for winning a Greek Games prize !!!

:cheer:clap:cheer

Good job ,and have fun !!!!

:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay

We are very proud of you .

:yes:manyheart:yes:manyheart:yes

Thank you....:D

Thanks for the love ladies...I know life is a bunch of choices...I know about the whole, "you chose how you react to things" and all...but I woke up this morning just depressed (and that's a word I try not to use very often...) I think I'm just on auto pilot at the moment...I broke down crying in the bathroom before taking my shower. I will say this...my Hub-E knows that I have totally hit the wall now and he's working to change his attitude about a few things...we'll see how the day goes...that's all I can do at the moment.

LeAnne, your body was just telling you.....enough already...

You're allowed to have a meltdown. Personally, I think we do better afer a session like that...I do, anyway!

I hope your day is a better one...just remember: you're almost home!!:cheer:cheer:cheer

LeAnna

Best wishes going your way. I don't know much of your story, so don't really know what advice to offer, other than to say it sounds like maybe there is going to be some adjustments to make in both your lives .

It also sounds like you are extremely worn out, and when you are like that, everything seems even more overwhelming than usual .

If I am understanding correctly, your husband was in the military of some type for many years, so you guys lived apart quite a bit ?

My daughter is in the same situation -- been married about 13 years now,and probably at least half or 2/3 of that time, they have been apart ,due to her husband getting sent places ( like Iraq,Kuwait,Afghanistan )...so she has had to learn to fend for herself and the kids,then when he comes back home ,it's always a readjustment, because she was the main adult in the family ,so fitting him back in was sometimes a real challenge, even for the kids. They got used to him NOT being there for long periods, then all of a sudden he was there again .

So it's really hard ,at least for them it has been . I keep hoping he'll retire and do something else ,but he has 4 years more before he can do that,and they are now living in Korea ...so it's not exactly a lifestyle that is easy for anyone --the wives, the guys, the kid,s the grandparents... we have grandkids who we barely know --because it's a little hard to know them when they live thousands of miles away .

Anyhow, maybe once you get home ,you'll get some rest, then be able to discuss things when you are more ready to do that .

Thinking of you ~~~

Good Morning House!!!

It's been a busy morning already.

LeAnna - You're doing GREAT :yay:cheer You only have a bit more to push yourself and soon you'll have that week of vaca to do nothing and recoup!! It sure sounds like you need it....and a good cry always helps me feel better at stressful times as well ;) It's very healthy!!!

Linda - It's great you get to visit your daughter soon!!! That's an awesome trip to look forward to :D

Joanne - Congrats to your Yanks, and the Red Sox and Phillies won yesterday too :clap

Judy - Congrats on your Greek Prize Thingy (I don't know what that meant) ;) lol :clap

Julie - How old are your grandkids and do they have internet? My brother and his family moved to Arizona, the rest of us in PA. My 3 nephews are my parents only grandkids and they get to see them maybe once a year if they're lucky. I haven't seen them since, not this past xmas, but the one before :( They are now ages 5-3-1) My SIL will hook up the wii for them and on some games we can meet up and play together. Our favorite is Mario Kart (fun for all ages)....The 2 older boys, myself, my mom, my dad, and my sister all play together from different cities. And my parents use the webcam with the kids ALL the time! You guy's might want to consider the webcam if they have internet as well. They get on there and just sing and dance for my parents and read to them and give them fashion shows...they're crazy, but it keeps them all in touch and the kids actually know us even though they don't see us often. My mom complains sometimes because she's on soo much she doesn't get all her stuff around the house done. I just tell her be quiet and enjoy it because in a few years, the kids won't want to be bothered when they get older. Just some food for thought! ;)

I have tomorrow off and after work tonight am driving up to my parents...it's about a 2 hour drive. Then on Saturday we're driving up to Ithaca, NY to do a wine tour event this weekend. My sister and her boyfriend will be meeting us from Pittsburgh. So I've been busy this morning getting ready to leave for the weekend, since my mom woke me up at 7:45 forgetting I don't have work until 11 today!!! But, I fed the turtles, got my camera, video camera, and bluetooth charging. Had bfast and now enjoying my coffee with y'all :) Still need to pack and shower for work.

Joanne - Round 2 of hockey this weekend, I'm not sure if you're still following since the Devils are out.....but bring on Pitt!!!! Now, isn't it something that my sister and I will be together for the first game!!!! Go Flyers!!!! Ooooo, my parents are going to wish they weren't there.....they usually don't answer any phone calls when our teams play AGAINST each other :devil

OK, so have a great day and I will try to check in sometime later today.

Oh, sweetie! :hug Remember that today is the last day on the road. When you get home you can each have some space to yourselves when you need it. Long trips, especially when you run into bad weather, are a real drain on your system, your nerves, and your temper. It will soon be over. :hug :hug :hug

I woke up this morning feeling more positive than I have in a long, long time. Maybe the meds are starting to work already. It's going to be a busy day for us as Kim has an appointment for a mammogram and bone density test at 1:00. Once we get home it should calm down.

Congratulations on the prize, Judy.

Hope everyone has a good day. Marisa, hope that you have a great long weekend with the family. May your team keep winning.

More later.

Good Morning, Ladies. :) It's cloudy and windy this a.m. and storms are on the way for the weekend. Today will be some errands and a haircut. :yes

Linda ~ Yay for the Turkeys, but I know you needed the feathers. ;) I'm glad your computers and printer are up and running!

LeAnna ~ What a week you've had. :hug I hope the rest of your trip is uneventful and that you can get some rest. :manyheart

Hi Marisa ~ Your weekend plans sound wonderful! Enjoy. :)

Cindy ~ Yay for a new computer. :clap

Tabby ~ Way to go on starting a RR. :hook I love making them and seeing the results.

I hope everyone has a good day. :manyheart I haven't been shopping in ages and really feel the need to play with yarn. :lol So I've added JoAnne's and HL to my list of errands. :yarn

I woke up this morning feeling more positive than I have in a long, long time. Maybe the meds are starting to work already. It's going to be a busy day for us as Kim has an appointment for a mammogram and bone density test at 1:00. Once we get home it should calm down.

That is wonderful news, Linda! :hug

Hey Marisa --

For the ages of our grandkids ( the ones in the army ) -- they start at 12,10,9,7,5 and almost 2 .

We don't have a Wii game. We have tried internet like with the chat and picture thing .

I also talk to them on th phone sometimes, but it's kinda odd, it seems that they dont know us well and we dont know them well, so it's kind of a strange conversation .

They have on occasion , been on the picture-internet thing with us ( sorry I'm not the computer person, my husband is ) ,but the kids seem to lose interest in sittng there talking to us for very long. They always seem to be busy doing other stuff .

I don't know, kinda hard to explain, but they have grown up without close grandparents on either side, so they really kinda just get used to it ,I guess.

Their other granndparents also live in our town .

They come home on occasion, maybe once a year or so, but the past 3 years have been in Hawaii, so no trips home because of the cost .

Now Korea will be worse, although the army will pay to send them home once ,so it'll either be next Christtmas or next summer, not sure which one they will pick .

It's just kinda like starting all over again with them when we do see them.. such big gaps of time go by,that it's hard to catch up with a few day's vacation .

I guess that's why I pour ALL my Grandma time into the grandson who lives in our town, because we see him so much .

Well, enough about that, you have a wonderful and fun weekend with your family --

I have a stupid question : what do you feed turtles ? I'm not a pet person, so not very up to date on that stuff. Do they make turtle food, or do they eat bugs ?

Howdy neighbors. Schoolwork, housework, and errands are done. :cheer I now have time to crochet.....or nap. :think:D

I have a Dr.'s appt at 1:30 and I think that wraps it up for today. :yes

Linda~I am glad you are having a good start to the day....I hope the rest follows the same. :manyheart

Julie~Saw the castle ghan, pretty awesome and Cam looks like he loved it. :clap

Thanks for the congrats, everyone...it'll be hard deciding what to get!

Linda, I'm so happy to hear you started your day so well! That's great!!

Tab, happy napping or hooking later on

Went to doctor with hubby to have a few things on his back looked at, and all is normal.:)

I was just worrying after a neighbor had a skin cancer scare...all is well for him, too, now. Luckily the surgeon knows us well, and understood my concerns...we were in and out in 5 minutes:D

Off to walk Sparkie now. BBL.

:eek DH comes home last night to tell me that posted up a list a names of the poeple that it was there last day of work and the ones that are to return today to work. he was on both list.:think

I will not panic until monday:lol can't say that rainy days gets me down because we dont have that many here:lol

Archived