Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Ally, it sounds like time to rewind your day!

I hope the rst of it goes better:hug

Thank you! :hug the kids are finally sleeping... time to get my needles, hook and yarn out! i have 3 projects going on at once! i realized last night that i do not own many different colors of yarn... i have a TON of blacks, pinks, beige and Greens.... boring right? haha... tmrw... i'll buy some YELLOW or some PURPLE! or a rainbowish yarn! I wish we had a better yarn selection at our michaels!

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of days going haywire. When I took Kim to the doctor yesterday the staff had just arrived and tripped the alarm system and couldn't get it to turn off. The cops came and everything. Then one of the gals discovered that she had forgotten her watch at home. And they'd forgotten the appointment book at the main office, so couldn't make any appointments. The little gal went to take Kim's blood pressure and didn't have her stethoscope. And so it went for them. :lol :lol :lol

Julie, I'm working on my filet crochet piece so far today. My concentration is lousy today and the filet doesn't take much. Plus it's soothing on frayed nerves.

Be nice to Tabby. She's a student and that's plenty of stress all by itself. :hug

Thank you Linda. :manyheart I have a 10-12 slide medical assignment with notes due this Sunday. I love my medical class, but could do without the powerpoint stuff. How are you doing today? :hug

Julie~I have been searching high and low for my pattern and I cannot find it, UGHH!! My 11 year old just got off the computer so I can print another one, so I will be starting any minute. :yes

Judy~Jaden is 8.......I checked the closet and magically 5 bags of yarn popped up. :lol He wanted rainbow colors...really bright. I found those and bought some light and lofty bright jelly bean color to throw in too. :yay I have Darius next and he wants earthy colors (greens and browns) so that should be a nice change from brights to earthy tones. :yes I am excited about both and cannot wait to get started.

Linda-

I'm glad the filet is a good project for you that is relaxing.

The only filet I've ever tried is an afghan several years ago, but the pattern wasn't very hard to follow . It would have been called a Beginner level, I bet .

And don't worry about Tab, she knows I'm joking ...right Tab ?

Tab-

glad you found all the extra yarn you had stashed away, and there are lots of color you need .

I'm not Julie...but here it is again:

http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html

Judy~Jaden is 8.......I checked the closet and magically 5 bags of yarn popped up. :lol He wanted rainbow colors...really bright. I found those and bought some light and lofty bright jelly bean color to throw in too. :yay I have Darius next and he wants earthy colors (greens and browns) so that should be a nice change from brights to earthy tones. :yes I am excited about both and cannot wait to get started.

That's great! If you run out of any colors....I probably have it here:blush

Hi House mates- Hump Day is done! Only 2 more to go!:clap

Seems like a lot of back and forth fun today between Tabitha and Julie!

Tam- I was thinking about you on my way to work today- and was going to PM you when I got home- I was wondering where you where! Hope you feel better and i agree with Judy and Julie- you should probably get to a doctor!

Linda- Our Walmart has a little bit of fabric- but seems to be dwindling down- I don't sew but I did notice less of it as well as less yarn! Hope you enjoyed working on your filet. Meant to ask yesterday- did you get the Kentucky Derby Hats done?

Marlene- Hope you are having a great Birthday!!

Ally- Sorry about the crazy way your day started. it is a full moon though! I noticed a lot of people at work today were a little 'crispy" as we like to call it when people are a little short tempered!:lol

Cindy- Good luck with the new computer!!

Mary- Hope MIL is doing ok.

DH just came home and I 'm not cooking tonight- he didn't want left-overs (which would have been fine with me) and brought Chinese food home!

Off to go eat and then I'll be back. :hug

Tab-

Yea, if those are for your boys, they will have to be pretty big, won't they ?

How tall are they now ? I know Cam goes up to my shoulders already -- he's gonna be a tall one .

Howdy Joanne !

Glad you made it home and your hubby brought home something so you don't have to cook !

:bday marlene!!

Thank you Azgrama for my square that you sent.. one of these days I going to get that book of all them different squares.love the colors you used when I replace the camera cords get a picture :lol keep DH and Pup away from the cord! :lol

still trying to figure out if I want to do a round or roundsquare one :lol

Julie....Jaden is a shorty he only comes to my chest. He has always been a little peanut. :yes Now my 11 year old is not real tall but his ghan will have to be pretty big becausse he is 140 lbs. just a lil' hefty. :)

I started Jaden's RR ghan and will probably accomplish more tomorrow because I am tired tonight. ;)

Tabitha- You are probably tired from all the bantering back and forth with Julie!:lol (just kidding)

LeeAnn- I've been thinking about you on your trek back home with Hub-E- hope it is going well and that you'll be home soon!! Miss you around here!

I'm kind of beat tonight- I stayed up too late last night! Had planned on doing laundry tonight- but that will have to wait until tomorrow night! I think I'm going to sit on my behind and do a little:crocheting while I watch some Yankee baseball!

Judy- can you believe the Mets are in 1st place? Amazing! (just like the Amazing Mets in 69!) Now if the Yankees will right the course and get some W's!!

Tabitha- You are probably tired from all the bantering back and forth with Julie!:lol (just kidding)

This is like the old days when Julie was first here...

I'm kind of beat tonight- I stayed up too late last night! Had planned on doing laundry tonight- but that will have to wait until tomorrow night! I think I'm going to sit on my behind and do a little:crocheting while I watch some Yankee baseball!

Judy- can you believe the Mets are in 1st place? Amazing! (just like the Amazing Mets in 69!) Now if the Yankees will right the course and get some W's!!

Yankees are off to a good start tonight - and I'm afraid I don't keep up with the NL or the Mets much. I DO recall '69. I was working in a bank on Park Ave in NYC and there was paper coming down from the buildings as they celebrated the Mets victory! That was something to remember....

Tam...where are you? Did we scare you into seeing a doctor? Feel better, hon.

Have a good night everyone...

Well, the Yankees are winning 6-0 and it's only the 3rd inning!!!:clap

Judy- I don't follow the National League much either- except I pay attention to what the Mets are doing since they were my Dad's team. He took me to my first ball game at Shea Stadium- it was in 1969- I can still remember the names of most of the players from that amazing year! It's funny that I am a Yankee fan- but so is one of my brothers! My other brother is a Phillies fan! He has lived in PA since college days at Villanova. None of us are Mets fans!

I did three more rounds on the ghan for my stepdaughter and I am going to call it a night. I can't believe how tired I am! .....must be the full moon.......:lol

Cya in the AM!:hug

My new computer is here!!!

Unfortunately,. I don't really have time to do much with it tonight. I probably won;t be on tomorrow since I have to work, and I will be gone after that until sometime Friday evening. Hope to see everyone then.

Good night!

I am doing okay today. My mind is kind of all over the place, but I don't feel like I'm going to go on a crying jag all the time. I've added several rows to the filet piece and will probably add some more before the night is done. I'm watching "Top Chef Masters" at the moment. Kim's reading the paper. The Geek Squad were here at noon and got everything hooked up. I'm sure I won't remember how to do everything he showed me, but I did get the printer to print and I'm working on the laptop now. I've downloaded some pictures and changed the background picture, so it's working. I'm too tired to try to do anything really ambitious.

I haven't worked on the Derby Hats much yet, but I'd better get busy on that soon. Saturday will be here all too soon. I bought some fleece with horses as the pattern and I'm going to cut them out and attach them to John and Kim's hats. The turkeys skunked the hunters again last weekend, so I have to punt.

Good Evening House,

I feel like I haven't been here in forever!!

Diane - I like the yellow and green mesh base for the 'citrus grove'...it's actually quite eye catching :)

Tab -The pea pod was aborable and congrats again on the new car!!! Hope you were productive ;)

Cindy - I had a feeling you wouldn't get to the new computer just yet with everything you have to do. Take it one step at a time to help it go by smoothly!!!

Linda - you 'ugly' blanket was awesome!!! I love it and here's lots of :hug :hug :hug to cheer you up a bit. The more you let it out, the better you'll feel and you know we are here for you to offer advice, or just sit and listen while you clear out your mind :yes Glad to hear your computer and printer are working properly now :)

Judy - Your neighbor will love your gift (can't remember the gift, but remember you thought you grabbed the M hook!) Now isn't that crazy :think

Sheila - Funny how kids do the craziest things and always make us laugh. Now just imagine a grown man trying the same thing :rofl

Marlene - :birthday I hope your birthday was a great one!!! :yay

Tam - I hope you're feeling better and nursing yourself back to health.....and for the record, I agree with the general consensus that you should visit your doctor!!! :fever

Ally - I'm sorry you had such a horrible morning :( Hopefully it turned around for you as the day went on!!! It's seems bad days are going around lately and maybe the full moon has something to do with it!!! :eek Sleep it off and start over tomorrow :hug

Sorry if I missed anyone, but am glad to be caught up now. I know it's late, but I'm going to sit and watch American Idol and try to do some hooking before bed to relax!!

Good night and I will see you all in the A.M. :c9 It's my late day :)

aww............. you guys are all the bestest family ever!!! :hug

thanks so much for your love and well wishes!

No time for doctor today!!! errands and baseball game!

I'm pooped and off to bed.. but wanted to come say good night!

lub you guys!!! :hug

:heart

:mug

Archived