Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Thank you all for the warm welcome =)

as for the CAL, like my son would say "Well HOT DOG!!!!" I can't wait to get started! =) i found a pattern for a scarf which has a butterfly in it... perhaps I can cut out the actual "scarf" part of the pattern and focus on the butterflies=)

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ladies!

Your new project sounds good. I need to make 2 rrs for baby gifts.

I hope you can get some better results after some tests are done. I'll keep you in my prayers.

All the colors your going to use in your rr is going to be very colorful and nice.

Marisa your golf clubs look great. You mil is going to love them. Your octagon afghan is going to be pretty!

Welcome to the new comers!

Tabby nice to see you again! Take care!

Diane I hope you just have to be away for a short time. Sometimes life gets in the way of what we would rather do.

Cindy our friend has moved now to Spectrum Acute Health Care on Fuller St. We've been to the Heart hospital when he was there.

I'm sorry you have to see your dads health failing him. That's never an easy thing to face.

The doctor didn't put hubby on any medicines for sugar yet. We have to go back in 3 months with another blood test. His fasting glucose was 189 which is high, but his hgb level is 6.3. The doctor is using the hgb level. He said this shows whats been going on for the last few months. But he wants another blood test done in 3 months because the hgb level can change quickly. Hubby has finally decided he needs to quit eating candy, chocolate and chips and start eating salads. So were making changes. Just these few changes should help him. I'm also been checking the internet out for some info and suggestions. I'm open to any help or suggestions if any one has any to offer. I would greatly appreciate it.

I read the posts for the last 20 pages last night and then I was to tired to post. So here Iam today.

We stayed at my daughters and went to some garage sales friday. I picked up the gds some summer dresses, a sweater, a fleece jacket each for a 1.00. I even got hubby a pair of brand new skechers for 5.00. They still had the tag on them. The lady said they were to big for her husband.

Mil went with us. She loves to garage sale but only two of us in the family go to them and we are the ones that live the furthest away from her. She said she had a fun time and we did to. So we'll have to make sure and do it again with her soon. She is 85 or 86 yrs old and still gets around pretty well.

Well i've jabbered and bored you all so I'm off of here. I hope everyone has a nice day.

Hello the House, :hi

This will just be a quick drop in. Have been busy getting stuff together for our trip. Leaving Wednesday and will be gone a week. For the newbies, I am visiting my Mom. She will be 95 yrs old on Saturday. I usually see her twice a year but missed last year completely because I was in the hospital, then a care facility and had to learn to walk all over again. Long story. Anyway, I am really excited, will also be seeing, sis, both bros., grandkids and great grandson. So I am a little wound up. :D

Excuse my manners, Jennifer and Ally, :welcomeJennifer, thanks for the link on the wool-eater. I think one big one that continues on is beautiful. For those of you that are working on the Round type afghan, here is a link to a Stripe Randomizer. It is pretty cool to play with, you can select any # of colors, any combiniation of rows for each color, 1, 2, 3, 10, etc. It will randomly generate a pattern. If you don't like it, just refresh the page. http://www.kissyourshadow.com/stripe_maker.php

Sunday was a full day of NASCAR, 2 races. Saturdays race was cancelled due to threat of tornados. :eek Both races were very exciting but I was kind of lukewarm about the winners. They were o.k., just not high up on my list. Oh well, there's always next week. :yes

Linda~I am so sorry that we will not be seeing you for awhile. I will miss reading your posts. Hope to see you back before too long. :hug

I did manage to finish the mesh base for my plaid afghan. (aka "the citrus grove nightmare). I am now working on the chains that will be woven in. I am finding that ILTY, from HL, is short on yardage. This is the second project I have used ILTY for and I have needed 1 more skein on every color I used. But, it is soooo soft, I am hooked on it. So I just need to remember to buy extra, and if by chance I don't need it, it goes to the stash. :lol

Marissa~ great job on the golf club covers!

Hi to the rest of the ladies, don't mean to be rude but DH is prodding me to get busy. Will try to check in later. :hook

Hi Marlene

Thank you for the note. It sounds like you are keeping really busy ,which is good ! I hope your husband can dp better on taking caree of himself . It IS hard to stick to a diet or exercise type program .

My parents love garage sales and never ever pass them up .

Ally-

sorry the pattern you picked isn't round, but if you like it, go ahead and make it, then you can find another one for this project.

That is cute, but probably wouldnt be good for changing colors frequently or you wouldnt be able to see the design of the butterfly .

Diane-

howdy and nice to see you. Sounds like you also have a busy life and lots to occupy your time . I hope you have a wonderful trip to all your relatives to visit .That is always enjoyable .

:waving Howdy to everyone.. it's 96 out today already but we are suppose to be cooling down again by thrusday in the upper 70's this is crazy spring weather we are having :lol but not going to knock it sure beats the 100's.

Hi again, everybody!

Tab - it's good to see you again...just when I was wondering if I should reach out to you, there you were!:clap

Diane, thanks for the reminder on that random color generator. It'll be a great tool when I start my ghans.

Well, 2 1/2 squares are done of the 5 more I need for the baby ghan - I'm getting there!

BBL - if I can.:hook

Happy Monday, everyone. :) Sorry to have been MIA...our lives have had some huge changes lately. All good, except I haven't had much time to spend with you all. DH decided to accept a job offer here in our area. He wasn't looking and was planning on retiring in two or three years, but this was too good to pass up. The only travelling will be infrequent and only in Texas and Oklahoma. As many of you know, he has been gone a lot for years...last year he was out of town 211 days! So, we have been packing his home office and sending lots of things back to his corporate office - about 12 large boxes. He can work from home part of the time with the new job, so we're really excited. :yes

Little Luke is growing so fast and doing well.:c9

I checked back to my last post and it was last Thursday! :blush Obviously, no crocheting either. :( Hope to be able to read back through posts by tomorrow. :ghug

Welcome to Jennifer and Ally!

Judy- Today was a perfect day for laundry- wet and soggy outside! And WTG on the 2 squares!

Tabitha- Good to hear from you- and hope things settle down!

Diane- Thanks for the link to that random generator- it's really cool!

Mary- good luck to DH on his new position- I'm sure you are happy he'll be around more!

Julie- Part of my morning ritual is to get up, grab a cup of coffee and come to the Ville to say hi! Then I proceed to get ready for work! It starts my day on a nice happy note- even when I'm running late, I still feel I need to stop here or my day won't be complete:manyheart

Marlene- The HbgA1c is really the best measure of how someone is doing in regulating their diabetes- And his 6.3 is really good. He should really just watch his diet, and exercise and he should be good. I wish my DH's hbg A1C was that good!!!

Well, dinner is ready so I can't respond to everyone right now- I'll try to be back later-

Happy evening to everyone!:manyheart

Hi gang

Just a quick jump in -- hope you all are doing well ..

Mary- glad that your HB is finding a job that will work out much better for him. I hope it goes well for you both !

Howdy to everyone else ... :)

Off to do more rounds on my RR -- not too happy with the orange coming in after the yellows. I am on the first row of it, so I may pull it out and start another color to see how it looks.

I'm not a big orange fan to start with ,so that doesnt help .

Will check in later -- Joanne- dont forget Dancing tonite !!!:yes

Hello, the House. I have been having some problems with spending too much time on the computer/internet and not getting things done here at home that need to be done. Therefore, I am going to be missing from Crochetville for a while. If I can get the problem under control, I will be back. If not, I may not be back at all. I shall miss you all. You have been very good friends and very supportive of me. I wish all of you the very, very best. :hug

Linda, I understand about real life needing your atention. We'll miss you, and I sure hope you can come back someday.

Good Evening House and :welcome to the newcomers Jennifer and Princess (?)...

I hope everyone had a great weekend...mine was quite relaxing as you can tell I've been in here MUCH more than usual. And, next weekend will be the complete opposite. I did cook both days, so now I have leftovers for lunches during the week :D and made some banana bread this evening, which was wonderful...esp still warm :yes

I've been quite productive....other than the cooking, I did a few loads of laundry, tidied up a bit, ran the dishwasher......finished my aunt's golf club covers and started my first octagon for my rainbow 'ghan :clap so yep, you guessed it....more pics :lol (it'll probably be a while now until I get more up)

Oooh, that hexagon looks great!

I completed two rounds tonight. Although, I'm not sure I'm going to be as brave as some of you and add in a lot of different colors. Anyway, here is the link for the pattern that I'm using, but I'm not using wool, I'm just using some Simply Soft Eco that I had in my stash.

Very nice, I tried that pattern once, but never finished anything. I don't know why, too many WIPs most likely.

Before I forget...welcome Jennifer and Ally.

No afghan done in colorful rounds for me at the moment though, too many other projects going already.

I like doing stamped embroidery ... it's more an old-fashioned thing probably, but easier for me than the counted,although counted always looks neater .

I do quite a bit of cross stitch, but I also like stamped embroidery. There's something very relaxing about it. I also find it more creative, I can the choose colors and stitches much of the time. I am working on a set of pillowcases at the moment.

Dinner is done- and DH is cleaning the kitchen!!!!:clap

Julie- Thanks for the reminder about Dancing!! I can watch tonight without having to worry about the blonde who can't dance!!!

Curious to see what you decide to do about the orange!:hook

Everyone else- gonna run and work on the ghan. But first, I need to get a cup of coffee!!!

:coffee

Hello everyone!! Just a quick check in to let ya'll know that I am still here and alive. Things have been crazy and depressing since the van was totaled, so I haven't felt much like chatting. I am here and hopefully will pull myself out of this slump soon. Chat then.

I hope all of you are doing well. :manyheart

Hi Tabby, hope things start looking better for you.

Marlene, it sounds like your Dh will be fine if he just watches his diet, since his HGB A1C is good. Hope your friend gets to go home soon.

Mary, I'm glad your dh found such a great job opportunity.

Just want to say that if you don;'see me around much for a few days, don't worry. I am having major computer issues, (as in my computer won't do anything except turn on) Dh ordered me a new computer while I was at work today, but it won;t be delivered for a week or so. I'm on his computer at the moment, but he uses it for work, so I don't want to spend too much time on it.

Mary, Hi! That's great news about DH's job!!:clap:clap

And Luke must be a sweetie...they do grow so fast!

Joanne, there was a bit of laundry to get through, but that's finished...I hibernated today and got some things done. I'm working on the last square for the baby ghan - looks like I'll have a FO for photo Friday!

I'm hoping the YES network runs footage of the Yankees White House visit today - there were other stops, too, on their agenda.

Cindy, in the past I would get frustrated working the stamped embroidery - but after seeing the gorgeous examples at the exhibition I'm not going to rule out anything. Besides. that should be easier on old eyes than the cross stitch as the years pass:lol

Congrats on getting the new computer!!!!:clap:clap I hope you have an easy time setting it up.

Off I go for the night.

Have a good one, everybody:hug:manyheart:hug

Hi house mates, I just caught up on today's posts and I want to welcome Ally and Jennifer to the house. :hug It has been a long day for me for today is one of thr days I don't have my grandbaby so it's one of my run around for the house day doing food shopping and everything else. Now I'm home and everyone had dinner so it is me time Yay. :cheer I did get to knit some last night and hope to do the same this evening. AC Morre had a sale today on Bernant Handicrafter Cotton Ultrasoft (large skeins) 2 for $10 So I got one in tangerine and the other is called In Motion which is a varigrated white, pink and tangerine color. I would like to try my hand on making a round or granny square lapghan out of it that is once I'm done with the knitted baby blanket. It's going to be a long time before I make another knitted blanket for it take so very long to finish it. I'm at the home run now I just have to keep at it.

Marisa - I'm so happy that you found the yarn you needed. How do you like the yarn, pretty nice colors???? Your first octagon is so pretty and those golf club covers are awesome. You

Go Girl :cheer:cheer

Judy / Julie - I did leave long tails on each half granny square that I crochet, but how do I join the half square together do I single crochet them together. What methods do you use to crochet the saltines together for the stitches don't show???? Thank you so very much for your help for this is my long term project and I want it to come out nice. :hook

Jennifer - I love the wool eaters pattern. All the afghans that I have seen made using that pattern was colorful and beautiful. It is one of the patterns that I have save. I love the way your colors coodinate with each other.

Tabitha - Nice hearing from you. :hug

Diane - Have a nice vist with your mother.

Julie - for some reason I have been drawn this month to anything tangerine or shrimp color. I brought yarn today that I didn't really need, but I brought it because of the tangerine color. :lol:lol Isn't that crazy? Try the orange next to pink or red and see how it look. I know you will figure it out. I really like the new CAL you came up with.

Cindy - I'm also been working on a stamped cross stitch dresser scarf but I never tried a pillowcase. It must be pretty once it is done. Yipeee :cheer for you that DH order you a new computer, he sounds like a very thoughtful person.

To anyone I miss :hug:hug

See you all later if not have a good nite.

Hello House,

Wow, it's been a busy day around here!!! How I wish I had internet at work just to keep up :(

Jennifer - I like you wool eater...I haven't come across that before, but from looking at the pics I think it's going to be awesome!! :D

Julie - Sounds like you've been busy with your colorghan ;) I haven't worked on mine yet today :(

Judy - I hope you got your laundry finished. That's great that you get to be a guest at the embroidery meeting!! I'll be waiting to hear all about it :D

Ally - That butterfly scarf is really cute and will still be a fun project to work on even though it's not in rounds. And I enjoy the banana bread anyway it comes....bread, cake, muffin, etc :yes

Tab - Sorry about the van. I know it's a pain to deal with and such a headache. Feel free to come here to let some of that frustration out!! We're here for you :hug

Marlene - Good luck with DH and the new diet plan. The first 2 weeks will be the most difficult :eek I find it much easier to control if I don't have the junk in the house. So if I get a craving for cookies or candy, I'll pick up a candy bar or a small pack of cookies in the check out aisle at the store, which is enough to satify the craving but then I can't overdo it either! And, I only allow it every so often....so no stopping daily :eek

Diane - wtg on finishing the mesh base!! :clap Have fun on your trip and with your mom :manyheart

Mary - Congrats on DH's new job....the good ones are always the ones that find you when you weren't looking! :yes Enjoy Baby Luke as much as you can, they don't stay small for too long.

Cindy - Sorry to hear about the computer, but yea for the new one :yay

Cheeria - I love the designer sport yarn I'm using for this blanket. It is sooo soft and there is no stiffness at all to the little bit I have done so far!!! :D

Hello to everyone else in the house!!!!

Well, now I'm off to the couch to see what's on the dvr while I work a little more on my first octagon. I would've had more done, but I took out what I had because my joining corner did not look right :( So I'm doing the joining corner slightly different than how it's written but is more aesthetically (sp?) pleasing to the eye, hopefully it will continue to work out well. I did get 4 rows of my knitted project done on my lunch break today :clap

Catch y'all in the A.M.

:clap Hi everyone,

Just a hit a run but had to tell you all. I went out to the shed, oldest one of 2 sheds. I haven't been out there for awhile, (since my hospital bout last year) DH's gardening stuff has been in my way, weed wacker, plumbing stuff, manly stuff etc..... you get the drift. Plus the pathway to the shed is uneven, rocky and down hill. Not too good for my unsteady feet. I had DH walk with me out there, took a chair and told him to leave me and check back in 1/2 hour. I was originally looking for gift bags. Well, one think led to another and I was rediscovering my yarn stash. I am so embarassed to admit it but there were 7 totes of yarn. Yup, 7. 1 tote, all baby yarn, 1 all shades of white, off white, beige, 1 all browns, 1 all greens, 1 blues and purples, 1 yellow/orange/pink, 1 christmas colors, red/green/white. I was in heaven. Then I found a large garden size trash bag, guess what was in it....varigated yarn. I must have been out of my mind to have accumulated all this yarn. When I get back from my trip, I will take photos. I bet if anyone is looking for colors for the round, colorful CAL, I probably have it. :yes I sent DH away twice, think I spent about 1 1/2 hours out there. :D

Fixing dinner and the rice is done...need to go dish up. TTYL

Awesome find Diane!!!!!!! It's like christmas all over again :D

So I only have one more round of my first octagon :) But it's buckling up a bit....does that mean my stitches are too loose or too tight? :( I've never done these before.

Thanks ladies

Good morning to the House!!!

WOW Diane- what a surprise- to have all that yarn! Like Marisa said- it's like Christmas!!! What a way to spend a few hours- finding a stash like that!!! :c9

Judy- I caught a clip of the Yanks visit to the White House on ESPN, but didn't find anything on YES. I switched to DWTS at 8 though.

Julie- What did you think of Dancing last night? I think Pamela will be voted off tonight. I thought Niecy did a good job- she continues to improve- although I don't think she'll go all the way- I have a feeling Nicole will be the winner- her or Evan- what do you think?

Marisa- I do have internet at work- but not allowed to use it for anything except work-related things! Sure wish I could check in periodically throughout the day! But then I wouldn't get work done- so probably best that I can't!:lol

Just looked at the clock and I don't have time to respond to everyone individually right now, but have read through the posts! Hope you all have a great Tuesday!!:hug

Archived